Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 8:35 AM
So no one can help me with my problem?
It's one of those mystery cases which no one else has ever seen?
Advertisement
Instructor
#102 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:19 PM
Wich TSM directory are you installing to? Base or P&N?

I know some people say to install in the P&N folder, but it doesn't work for me there. Maybe try installing in the other folder.

Have you tried with only the dll and no mods? Perhaps it's a mod issue. When the dll loads, it allows the mod to run, and crashes the game.

Just some ideas. I use the files, and instructions in this thread for my install, so your issue must be something else.
Test Subject
#103 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 2:57 AM
Thank you for taking the time to post all of this information. Also, thanks for having a nice title for your thread, unlike the Mod the Sims 2's "Downloading for Frackin' Idiots". "How to mod your game for beginners" is a lot more welcoming.
Test Subject
#104 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 4:27 AM
Quote:
Wich TSM directory are you installing to? Base or P&N?

I know some people say to install in the P&N folder, but it doesn't work for me there. Maybe try installing in the other folder.

I've tried both. In the original folder, game crashes. In P&N? Nothing happens, the game loads, no changes except that now it kills all my sound when I play and crashes on exit.

Quote:
Have you tried with only the dll and no mods? Perhaps it's a mod issue. When the dll loads, it allows the mod to run, and crashes the game.

Tried that. Still crashes.
Instructor
#105 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 4:27 PM
It seems your issue must be with the actual game installation, or perhaps it's an issue with windows.

First I would try some kind of clean uninstaller for Medieval, and reinstall it.
Next, try getting the lataest version of Direct X from Microsoft, and install it. (I'm leaning towards this one actually because of the modified Direct X DLL use to load script mods)
If that doesn't fix your issue then the problem is most likely in a Windows file, and you'll need to reinstall Windows. (Recently, my Zune software was giving a similar error, and this ended up being the only way to fix it)

Hope something helps, good luck.
Test Subject
#106 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 8:10 AM
Quote:
It seems your issue must be with the actual game installation, or perhaps it's an issue with windows.

Yeah, I uninstalled the game a long while back, but it didn't get rid of all the files, so when I went to reinstall, it wouldn't do it, because it thought it was still installed.

So I went through the registry and removed a whole bunch of files related to it, and the game installed fine afterwards.

A stray file in the registry perhaps is causing my problems?

Quote:
Next, try getting the lataest version of Direct X from Microsoft, and install it. (I'm leaning towards this one actually because of the modified Direct X DLL use to load script mods)

I addressed that one earlier. It didn't do a thing.

Quote:
If that doesn't fix your issue then the problem is most likely in a Windows file, and you'll need to reinstall Windows. (Recently, my Zune software was giving a similar error, and this ended up being the only way to fix it)

My philosophy on this matter is:

"I'll only reinstall or upgrade my Windows next time my computer needs a format."

If I need to reinstall windows, I might as well upgrade it to Windows 7. Otherwise, I can handle not being able to use extended scripts for one game out of the many I have. But it would be nice to have them...
Test Subject
#107 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 5:19 AM Last edited by takehakid : 17th Dec 2011 at 5:48 AM.
I also have the P&N and the game crashes right after loading. I went to the base folder, made the Mods folder, checked the Resource.cfg and went to play. As I saw that nothing happened, I came back and noticed I forgot the .dll... and that's when it begun crashing. I tried to remove the .dll and it loaded, but no mods. I put the .dll back and tried to remove the resource.cfg for diagnosing purposes, and it also loaded. I tried the same in the expansion folder and it's all the same, crashing or non working mods. The crashing only happens when I have both the .dll and the .cfg on their respective folders. Does this have something to do with anything?
Also, I had the game before installed here by a friend, with his copy of the game, so I could test it. I liked it, so I recently bought it on Steam. I didn't uninstalled fully, as I wished to continue the same game I started before. Not sure if this could be the cause, because the shared folder in this case is not the installation folder, and the Steam installation folder is not the same as the normal one I had before.

Edit: Just tried again with only the Resource.cfg and no /dll, the game crashed but worked fine without the .cfg... very confusing...
Banned
#108 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 10:28 PM
howo i get in the instalation folder?
Banned
#109 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dordracio
howo i get in the instalation folder?

ok kinda figured that out but the folder will let me only create files and not that text document you were talking about. my dad realy secured it good. i have windows 7 and, well, its security level is extreamly high
Test Subject
#110 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dordracio
ok kinda figured that out but the folder will let me only create files and not that text document you were talking about. my dad realy secured it good. i have windows 7 and, well, its security level is extreamly high

You should be able to copy files IN to the folder no matter what the security settings are on. Extract the file from the rar to desktop or some other easy to get to place, copy it from there to where it needs to go in your game folder. After verifying it's in there, you can delete it from your desktop or wherever you originally extracted it to without problems (or leave it if that's your preference).
Test Subject
#111 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 3:53 PM
who know how to check game version and ... how to upgrade the sims medieval . i got the TheSimsMedievalPatch_1.3.13 but i got error (the setup has detected that no version of the sims medieval is installed , this update requires that a previous version of the application be installed.
Test Subject
#112 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mensell001
who know how to check game version and ... how to upgrade the sims medieval . i got the TheSimsMedievalPatch_1.3.13 but i got error (the setup has detected that no version of the sims medieval is installed , this update requires that a previous version of the application be installed.

When you first load the game, the game launcher window has the game version in the lower left hand area. Above that is a Game Updates button... it usually says you need an update if your game is out of date though... are you bypassing the game launcher somehow maybe? If you are, launch it from \Game\Bin\SimsMedievalLauncher.exe
Test Subject
#113 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 6:48 PM
Ok so I have a problem. I *think* I followed this all correctly but the mods I put in are not working. I'll screen shot what I did here. Please let me know if I did something wrong and what I need to fix it. I add package files for Sims 3 all the time.

Did I misplace the resource.cfg file or is there anything I did wrong? As I said the mods are not working AT ALL. I also have Pirates and Nobles.
Test Subject
#114 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 7:43 PM
The resource.cfg file should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval folder, not the mods folder. So move it up one level
Test Subject
#115 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Destynova99
The resource.cfg file should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval folder, not the mods folder. So move it up one level

Thanks so much.
Test Subject
#116 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 1:25 AM Last edited by Serafin : 8th Jan 2012 at 3:50 PM.
Default Stupid sim noob
Hey, I would really like to thank you for this Guide, but unfortunately, I can´t seem to get it working anyway

My Game is patched to the 2.0 version, without P&N.
I have a picture of what I did with the folders. For the Resource.cfg I made a new document and pasted inside what is in post #1; The .dll is downloaded from post #1.

As you can see I have 2 mods. Both don´t... do anything at all :/ Do I still have to activate them somehow or tick something in the options? I´m out of ideas...

My only guess is that it might have something to do with this being a german install of TSM.

Also, I´m sorry for posting a question as my first post, I really hate doing that, but I couldn´t find any other help x.x

EDIT:
I fixed it! For everyone trying this and being absolutely sure that you have done everything right: It seems that even if you start TSM.exe from a copied folder, the game will load the configurations from the original installation folder. So if you made a copy for safety, use the mods/this guide for mods inside the original folder. (or rename the copied folder, like I did, doesn´t matter.) The folder with the mods you want to play has to be called The Sims Medieval or whatever it is in your respective language.
Coulda figured that out sooner XD
Screenshots
Test Subject
#117 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 4:28 PM
Hey, I did everything as instructed, placed the Resource.cfg in the same level as mods/gamedata/game/etc, the dll file in in bin, and the .packages in mods/packages, yet the mods still won't work?
Test Subject
#118 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nethernity
Hey, I did everything as instructed, placed the Resource.cfg in the same level as mods/gamedata/game/etc, the dll file in in bin, and the .packages in mods/packages, yet the mods still won't work?

Did you put them in \The Sims Medieval or in \The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles? They should be in the former. If they're in the P&N folder then that is likely your problem.
Test Subject
#119 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 3:31 PM
I need help! I manage to do everything get the folders up,the text.cfg file but it just won't work, why! Do i need the .dll file for the debuger to work and the breast mod?
Scholar
#120 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by firehawk11
I need help! I manage to do everything get the folders up,the text.cfg file but it just won't work, why! Do i need the .dll file for the debuger to work and the breast mod?

When you say breast mod, I'm not sure if you mean sliders, or Grim's female mesh.
Try setting up the folders with the dll in place and see if you can find your mod, it won't do any damage to have the dll there even if it's not currently needed for anything....and in the event you download a mod that does need it, at least you'll already be set up.
Test Subject
#121 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 1:58 PM
I tried that, and no luck at that mod or the debuger
Instructor
#122 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 4:13 PM
I can't make this any easier.

Download the attached zip file and extract it's contents into your Sims Medieval directory.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SimsMedievalModSetup.zip (31.9 KB, 359 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#123 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 4:46 PM
i am just unable to figure out where the installation folder is :/ my husband usually does all this crap for me but hes at work
Instructor
#124 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 5:57 PM
For me on Win 7 digital download version it's: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims Medieval

XP is the same minus the "(x86)".

I think the disk version is under "EA Games" instead of "Origin Games".
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 7:13 PM
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval for cd disk install...
Page 5 of 13