Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
I don't know, I got the bug with both these mods installed, but not anymore. I still think it has something to do with either custom colors/textures and the UserPresets file but why is beyond me...

But the wierd thing is, I never saved any presets for anything in CAS, yet I just randomly got the bug.

Whats even wierder is when I read about this bug and said "Phew, at least I don't have that bug!" and went on to continue my game, I got the damn bug!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 9:55 PM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 10th Apr 2011 at 10:26 PM.
I don't now, there's something almost spooky about this bug, it's almost like people with completely different game settings are getting it all of a sudden at the same time. I would say it's the game patch, but I play on a mac and for us the last patch was 1.10...

When I reloaded my game earlier today the bug was back. I exited without saving, deleted the caches and userPresets and when I went back in everything was OK again. It's so random it's driving me crazy!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
#28 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 5:25 AM
It looks like the bug is utterly random, which sucks. It makes it ten times harder to figure out the cause without someone having to delve into the coding.
Instructor
#29 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 7:24 AM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 16th Apr 2011 at 7:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by shylonermisfit
It looks like the bug is utterly random, which sucks. It makes it ten times harder to figure out the cause without someone having to delve into the coding.

Yes, it seems totally random. Yesterday I launched my game, I was on Free Time so I played a couple of heroes, King and Bard. They and their entourage all had the blue eyes, so back to "edit in CAS" plus the annoyance of remembering which eye color each of them had (for NPCs I don't play much with I've given up until this is fixed, or I give them generic brown eyes). I quit, relaunched, switched to my Wizard, and he still had his mesmerizing light grey eyes.

So as I say this seems random but maybe there is a reason that I can't figure out? Some of this Sims were wearing clothing recolored with fabric patterns saved in favorites, or colors from the color wheel instead of from that choice of gaudy pre-made colors that EA graciously offers... yeah, I still think it has to do with custom colors, or using the color wheel itself, but I don't know.

Edit: Oh, now I remember that in the Throne Room I had changed the guard's uniform and saved a custom recolor in the clothing bin... hmmm...

Field Researcher
#30 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 10:01 AM
I also changed outfits throne room guards, and the sim hero knight i used to "plan outfit for" finde herself with blue boring eyes: edit in cas didn't worked, then exited the game, re started and edited in cas and now the eyes (custom colors)are good.
I'm guessing that the problem is tied to the original outfit of a sim, when you choose a new cloth the eyes go automatically black, but don't know, yesterday i edited in cas the priest outfit with a earlier customized outfit and eyes remained of her right custom color... who knows?!
Forum Resident
#31 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 10:11 AM
To be honest, I am not playing the game anymore right now because of this bug, it seems to pop up all the time now and I really dont feel like having to fix it constantly through all sorts of ways.

Hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch, then I can go play the game again. It is silly, but for me its a game breaker considering that I often recreate characters from a story I am writing. It is difficult enough to make some look accurate when not having to worry about eye colors.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
To be honest, I am not playing the game anymore right now because of this bug, it seems to pop up all the time now and I really dont feel like having to fix it constantly through all sorts of ways.

Hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch, then I can go play the game again. It is silly, but for me its a game breaker considering that I often recreate characters from a story I am writing. It is difficult enough to make some look accurate when not having to worry about eye colors.

I agree with you, let's hope for a patch!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 7:26 PM
I think more people need to complain about this on the EA forums. When I did a search there I could only find 2 posts complaining of this problem so I don't think they even know it's an issue.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 3:33 AM
I have been playing TSM on an old computer since my new one crapped out right after I installed the game. I never had the blue eye problem on the old computer...now I got my new computer back and I got the unchangeable blue eyes on my new sims. I don't get it...why on the other computer never had this problem, now I do?

P.S. I have no mods at all installed.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
I have been playing TSM on an old computer since my new one crapped out right after I installed the game. I never had the blue eye problem on the old computer...now I got my new computer back and I got the unchangeable blue eyes on my new sims. I don't get it...why on the other computer never had this problem, now I do?

Maybe it's a graphics card issue. Eyes work fine with some graphics cards or chips, with others the eyes are dark blue or glitch back and forth. This would explain why some have this problem, but apparently some players have never had it.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#36 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 10:35 PM
Yes, it sounds like it could be a graphic card issue. I'm playing on a Mac (ATI RadeonX1600) so I assume most Mac players will have this problem? Also (I know, I'm goddam stubborn) I still think it has something to do with something happening in CAS, wether it's custom colors or UserPresets or something... every time I save something in CAS I'm almost sure I'll get the bug, but if I relaunch without saving the eyes are OK again...

Field Researcher
#37 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 10:44 PM
I have an Ati Radeon 4600 hd on winxp3, there is a problem with ATI cards? But this will be the most strangest graphic card related problem of all time!
Mad Poster
#38 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 11:18 PM
I'm also on Radeon and have the problem.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
evil, creative, daredevil, hopeless romantic, genius
retired moderator
#39 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 12:34 AM
I would venture to say the problem is related to the radeon cards. I have an Nvidia card and haven't experienced it.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers…
What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 2:38 AM
I have a Nvidia card and I noticed the problem last night.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 6:41 AM Last edited by Impatiens : 21st Apr 2011 at 8:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Click on the Sim you want to change. There should be a new command now, "Edit in CAS". Et voila. Clothing changes will not apply, but you can always use the regular dressers for that.

I must have done something wrong because this isn't working for me. I thought I followed all the instructions properly but I definitely don't have that option on my Sims. This is the first time I've tried adding a mod so it's totally possible that I did something wrong. i just don't even know what to ask to figure it out

It must be something I did wrong with this mod in particular. I went and added the armors as options for the monarch, spy, and Knight as was posted further down this forum and those are showing up fine. So at least I know I set the folders up right. I'd really like to be able to modify sims in CAS though, at the very least so I can revert them back to other eye colors but I just can't seem to get it to work!
Instructor
#42 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 7:51 AM
I also have this bug, exactly like it's described in this topic, I have a PC with an ATI Radeon HD 4830, and I have never saved any custom color in my CAS, neither I have any mods in my game, at all, my game is intact vanilla 1.2.3 version.
Instructor
#43 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Impatiens
I must have done something wrong because this isn't working for me. I thought I followed all the instructions properly but I definitely don't have that option on my Sims. This is the first time I've tried adding a mod so it's totally possible that I did something wrong. i just don't even know what to ask to figure it out

You need to place the Resource.cfg file and the Mods folder in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval and the d3dx9_31.dll file in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin, and your downloads, mods or whatever, inside the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Mods/Packages folder. If you're on a Mac it's a bit more complicated, you need to "open" the application to see the contents.

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 9:00 AM
You need to place the Resource.cfg file and the Mods folder in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval and the d3dx9_31.dll file in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin, and your downloads, mods or whatever, inside the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Mods/Packages folder. If you're on a Mac it's a bit more complicated, you need to "open" the application to see the contents.

Yeah I have them in the right place. You were probably responding while I was editing my post. I got some additional mods to open up the armor skins as outfit options and those are showing, but I get no option to edit in CAS with Treeag's CAS Editor. So I must have done something wrong with that, but I've no idea what it might be!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
I have a Nvidia card and I noticed the problem last night.

Well so is not graphic card-related problem, maybe. Boh?
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 2:08 PM
I have not noticed the problem. My graphics card is a Nvidia 6200 256 mb.
Instructor
#47 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Impatiens
Yeah I have them in the right place. You were probably responding while I was editing my post. I got some additional mods to open up the armor skins as outfit options and those are showing, but I get no option to edit in CAS with Treeag's CAS Editor. So I must have done something wrong with that, but I've no idea what it might be!

Sorry, I just wantd to make sure.

Check the THM mod, it also included the "edit in CAS" function. Either way you need to have "testing cheats" enabled, though.

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 5:18 PM Last edited by Impatiens : 21st Apr 2011 at 5:37 PM.
Sorry, I just wantd to make sure.

Check the THM mod, it also included the "edit in CAS" function. Either way you need to have "testing cheats" enabled, though.

I do have testing cheats enabled (I don't think I could live without the teleport cheat anymore). Does the "Edit in CAS" option appear on shift-click? I am sure I tried that but I'll check again.

*edit* I figured it out. I had neglected to put one of the important files in my game for modding. I guess the clothes just needed the one file but this needed both. that's what I get for reading through how to do mods while I'm sleepy!
Test Subject
#49 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 1:20 PM
Also have a Nvidia card and the blue-eye bug :S

♀ + ♀ = ♥ ; ♀ + ♂ = ♥ ; ♂ + ♂ = ♥
Test Subject
#50 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 6:58 PM
Me and my roommate are both using my laptop to play tsm but under diffrent profiles. My profile is completely unaffected and remains so. Her profile has the blue eye bug.
Page 2 of 4