Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 2:09 AM
Default TSM latest patch notes
Were looking for this, but cant seems to find it in here. So I post it instead. :P

Here is a list of what will be included in the new update!

New Feature: Free Play Ambition - Set up your perfect kingdom without worrying about long term goals. In this special ambition, you can play quests when you wish, or control up to four heroes at once in a more open free play mode.

New Feature: Child Succession - If a Hero Sim dies, but already has children, you can choose to have one of the children grow up and take over their parent's job!

Camera improvements - Have you ever wanted to get a better view of the action? The camera now allows tighter zooming and full 360 rotation in buildings.

End Game Improvements - Similar to the Free Play Ambition, can now play quests, earn XP, and build buildings even after your ambition is completed!

Hero Leveling Improvements - Can now gain XP beyond level 10 for all heroes, giving additional benefits.

Brave New World Quest Improvements – When you complete the quest "Brave New World" and start a new ambition with that character, he or she will now retain several abilities from their previous profession!

Kingdom Aspect Improvements - Can now gain additional benefits when increasing aspects beyond their maximum capacity

Ambition Improvements – Certain ambitions now allow one or two additional buildings to be placed at the start.

Increased the maximum number of residents in a household from four to five. Go ahead and have another child!

Implemented game stability improvements that affected some players.

Adjusted several quests for clarity.

Fixed several bugs related to staying on a quest for a long period of time.

Improved detection of monitor resolution for some hardware configurations.

Fixed a variety of issues in Create-A-Sim.

Fixed several text and art inconsistencies.

Which update are you most excited about?

That is a one hell of a patch I think.
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Which update are you most excited about?

1 - End Game Improvements - Similar to the Free Play Ambition, can now play quests, earn XP, and build buildings even after your ambition is completed!

2 - Brave New World Quest Improvements – When you complete the quest "Brave New World" and start a new ambition with that character, he or she will now retain several abilities from their previous profession!

3 - New Feature: Child Succession - If a Hero Sim dies, but already has children, you can choose to have one of the children grow up and take over their parent's job!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
3 - New Feature: Child Succession - If a Hero Sim dies, but already has children, you can choose to have one of the children grow up and take over their parent's job!

Am actually wondering what will happen to the rest of your spawn? Stay children or aged up as well? Although, now theres finally a point in making babies. :P
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 2:35 AM
Quote:
1 - End Game Improvements - Similar to the Free Play Ambition, can now play quests, earn XP, and build buildings even after your ambition is completed!

This is in the form of a new quest called "Free Play With Responsibilities". You have the option of running it with 1-4 heroes simultaneously. You get responsibilities every morning as usual, you get XPs and level up. Also, once you finish a Kingdom you get "infinite Quest Points" and regular quests also roll up along with Free Play and Brave New World. I was pretty happy that previously completed kingdoms got rolled into that - so I can finally level up my very first wizard who I totally ignored
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 3:16 AM
Wow, and this patch came from EA? Might have to give Medieval another shot.
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 4:48 AM
Anyone else having issues ... Cant save at all . mouse movement is wayyyyyyyyy to fast . goes all over the place all the way across the screen. images of all my saved sims are gone . they are there but no pic.. ?? not sure what else is wrong yet ....
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aircondor
Anyone else having issues ... Cant save at all . mouse movement is wayyyyyyyyy to fast . goes all over the place all the way across the screen. images of all my saved sims are gone . they are there but no pic.. ?? not sure what else is wrong yet ....

I'm not having any issues saving, but I am having the problem with the saved Sims images not showing.
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 5:27 AM
Looks like I picked the right time to start playing TSM!

Quote: Originally posted by emino
New Feature: Child Succession - If a Hero Sim dies, but already has children, you can choose to have one of the children grow up and take over their parent's job!

End Game Improvements - Similar to the Free Play Ambition, can now play quests, earn XP, and build buildings even after your ambition is completed!

Without a doubt, Child Succession is what I'm most excited about - I've been really hoping EA would come out with this feature, or that someone else would come out with a hack that would allow me to accomplish the same thing. I tend to use the story-teller approach when playing, so I've purposely set up some areas of potential strife in my kingdom, the main one being that my monarch is extremely unlikable and not very competent (not to mention prone to going on whale hunts ) so eventually I plan to kill him off, either via the Assassination quest or another method of my own devising. I really wanted one of his children to succeed him, and now I can do that!

I also like that I can continue playing a kingdom even after I have completed by Ambition - though I'll probably just use the hack for starting an entirely new Ambition that's been posted on this forum.

On that subject, what are people's opinion of the Free Play Ambition versus using testing cheats to play the Free Time Quest? While I definitely want to spend some time in sandbox mode, I also like working towards goals and having some objective measure of success. So I think maybe I'll just choose an original ambition and play Free Time when I feel like it (or when my heroes need leveling up.) Free Play is tempting though.

Also digging the fact that you might be able to add more buildings on initial startup - though, is there a mod that allows you to do that? I really want to immediately start playing these spy, wizard, and blacksmith heroes I have planned.
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 6:26 AM
Yes, I am having the Saved Sims issue, too.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 6:48 AM
Rendering the saved sims is Super Slow, but if you sit there for a few minutes, they eventually show up... rolls eyes at EA.
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 6:52 AM Last edited by alphar : 29th Apr 2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: renew the info
Camera improvements - Have you ever wanted to get a better view of the action? The camera now allows tighter zooming and full 360 rotation in buildings.

I can't see this improvements work in 1.3patch still need Shimrod101's 360mod to make the camera roll (XXX)

acturally I failed to update completely
i found can't save game after the 1.3updat, after check out all the mods, i still have to reinstall to solve it.
then this improvement showup to work
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alphar

I can't see this improvements work in 1.3patch still need Shimrod101's 360mod to make the camera roll

It works for me.
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 11:08 AM
Holy Crap !!!!! Was done playing this for a while but now I'll have to go back and try it some more. Usually EA solves these problem with Expansions, but I'm glad to see they're listening to their players.
Scholar
#14 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 12:31 PM
works for me too.....i love the new camera angles...
Forum Resident
#15 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 1:14 PM
After patch 1.3 I can't save the game either. Nor does the camera rotation work any better than before. I've reinstalled the game twice and patched, no change. So back to the previous patch, I suppose.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 2:25 PM
Yes, i have the same issues. I dont have any camera features either. Saving and quiting the game doesnt work as well Any ideas why this is happening for some while it doesnt happen for others ?
Instructor
#17 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 3:00 PM
Just when I thought I was done with TSM...

EA Y U NO LET ME STUDY
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 3:59 PM
Since theres multiple people with issues, I need to know one thing:

Do you remove your mods before patching? I dont have any.

Kthxbye.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 4:58 PM
I didn't have any mods installed when I patched, and it is recommended to remove them anyway before patching.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Instructor
#20 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 5:06 PM
It looks like EA is finally listening to players and giving them what they want. I mean I have needed this patch for a while, and generations seems AMAZING!

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 9:03 PM
Yes, of course I removed my mods before patching. That is standard practice.
Instructor
#22 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 12:03 AM
Nice patch!
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 12:16 AM Last edited by stopdropreload : 30th Apr 2011 at 7:30 PM.
Just checking in to say that while saving and quitting works fine for me, I too cannot see the new camera angles. Oh well, guess I'll just download Shimrod101's mod.

EDIT: What OS is everyone using? Perhaps there is some correlation there between people who are having problems with the patch and those that are not. I'm on a Mac OS X 10.6.6 myself.
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 7:01 PM
I'm with the others that have save problems. I can load the game before the patch fine, but when I try and save any progress the save thing pops up for aout two seconds, then stops. I exit and come back and its not saved.
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 9:50 PM
Hmmmm srry didnt mean to setp on toes.... I am using both win 7 and XP pro having the same issue. the speed of the panning is way to fast and cannot be slowed..It runs off the screen some times...
Page 1 of 2