Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 1st May 2011 at 12:21 AM
@bezo

Helpful bit of advise. Paragraphs. Seriously, dude.

Is that a shillelagh in your pocket, or are you just sinning against God?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 1st May 2011 at 1:58 AM
Thanks Winterhart! I will install the new patch. Any ideas on how to get the pictures to show up in cas? non of them show up at all, ever. Not even NPC. And when I try to save my sim in cas it just gets stuck. I have to close and reopen, then restart making my hero. (I love designing all of the sims with their own unique look.) Thanks again, I always get so much info and great downloads from you~ and I like your other site as well.
Test Subject
#28 Old 1st May 2011 at 2:09 AM
Mine wont even stay on after newest patch, I get the load up screen intro story and then Crash every time!

Any ideas?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#29 Old 1st May 2011 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amorris72200
Mine wont even stay on after newest patch, I get the load up screen intro story and then Crash every time!

Any ideas?

If you have modded your game, remove the mods and check with the creator for an update. An incompatible mod can cause a crash.
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st May 2011 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
If you have modded your game, remove the mods and check with the creator for an update. An incompatible mod can cause a crash.

I have uninstalled the whole game, and have reinstalled with the same results. Kinda getting mad now! haha
transmogrified
retired moderator
#31 Old 1st May 2011 at 2:50 AM
You haven't indicated if you have a Mods folder in your root folder. The game does not automatically uninstall files that are not part of the installer's file structure, so if you had a Resource.cfg and Mods folder before, they could well be there still.
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st May 2011 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
You haven't indicated if you have a Mods folder in your root folder. The game does not automatically uninstall files that are not part of the installer's file structure, so if you had a Resource.cfg and Mods folder before, they could well be there still.

ahh, I see, yes there was a mod folder, I cleared that just now, but I have a Resource.cfg in like every sup-folder, not sure which one I should remove now...
transmogrified
retired moderator
#33 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:18 AM
The Resource.cfg should be harmless on its on. Removing the .packages from the Mods folder should do the trick. Many creators have already updated their mods (Rick's debug enabler, for example), but I would make sure you can launch the game with no mods before adding any updated mods.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 2nd May 2011 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blooplie
I tried the Dangerous minds quest today (post patch) and am having trouble with it. The teacher won't teach the children the lesson..apparently others are having the same problem with this quest after installing the patch.

The same thing happened to me and I successfully played this quest prepatch. Also another quest I had wouldn't complete. Dang EA!
Test Subject
#35 Old 2nd May 2011 at 3:49 AM
the game is fine it work brilliantly, just take out all the mods when you use the update patch then download the latest mods (eg) for 1.3.13 then for the other mods you have put them back one at a time, then test the game.
and if your game screws up in any way just take out the mod that is causing it. simple as that.
it is just common sence.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 2nd May 2011 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vampire167
the game is fine it work brilliantly,

This isn't true on the Dangerous Minds quest, it's definitely broken. It has nothing to do with anyone's mods. The teacher won't give the lesson, although she now wants to socialize to beat the band with every nitwit wandering past...like my Monarch.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd May 2011 at 2:46 PM
the Dangerous Minds quest works fine after patching the game
Theorist
#38 Old 2nd May 2011 at 4:46 PM
The only problems I noticed was in the Dangerous Minds quest I had the same problem described by Shimrod101 and in bric-a-brac quest is something wrong too because is the second time that I do that quest and some actions are not avalable now and they were there before the pach. Besides these problems, I love the other changes...
Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd May 2011 at 5:10 PM
A lot of people are experiencing the exact same glitch on the Dangerous Minds quest. I had it as well. General consensus on the "official" boards is that it is now busted.
Instructor
#40 Old 5th May 2011 at 2:32 AM
Most of my problems are with CAS, same as described in the first post. Also, EA's 360 camera turning is very annoying and difficult to control, I don't like it.

I demand you fix this EA.
Test Subject
#41 Old 12th May 2011 at 2:08 PM
Dangerous Minds quest works fine for me, nothing wrong with it same with the bric a brac one. they both work fine, they are not broken.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 12th May 2011 at 3:30 PM
Like with most people, my only problem is in CAS, with the pictures of pre-made and saved Sims never showing, and the game getting stuck when saving new Sims (I have 4 Gb RAM). However, if you are patient it will eventually save the new character. But I mean seriously patient; I have waited up to 40 minutes, but it will finally do it. Usually it takes between 10 and 15 minutes.
Instructor
#43 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Man1968
Like with most people, my only problem is in CAS, with the pictures of pre-made and saved Sims never showing, and the game getting stuck when saving new Sims (I have 4 Gb RAM). However, if you are patient it will eventually save the new character. But I mean seriously patient; I have waited up to 40 minutes, but it will finally do it. Usually it takes between 10 and 15 minutes.

For me it took only seconds before...
Test Subject
#44 Old 13th May 2011 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Man1968
But I mean seriously patient; I have waited up to 40 minutes, but it will finally do it. Usually it takes between 10 and 15 minutes.

you really got that legendary trait! Man!
i think the game is dead after it go circling for morethan 3~5 minutes.
sometime it can finish in 3~5 minutes with my 2.3G I5 2G-ram.
i have got out off intrest of making a new sim for this saving-bug
Test Subject
#45 Old 15th May 2011 at 5:52 PM
I finally got around to doing the Dangerous Minds quest, and ran into the same problem with there being no interaction available to talk to the instructor about the lessons. I have no mods in my game other than I manually changed my command.ini to enable testing cheats. (though I changed it back when I applied the patch). A lot of people are reporting it at the EA forum as well.

Anyway, I got through the quest by Ctrl-clicking that task to clear it and was able to finish after that. Give that a try and see if it works.
Page 2 of 2