Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lighten Up! A Mod for Brighter Computer Screens

by NixNivis Posted 8th Jul 2011 at 12:07 AM - Updated 20th Oct 2012 at 5:25 AM by NixNivis

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 1:01 AM
YAY!

Thank you for this!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 1:15 AM
Looks much better, thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 3:47 AM
Never knew I needed this until now. Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:11 AM
I just noticed that the startup screen said SomethingSomethingSomething200? . . . wow, interesting! Kind of keeps it timeless
*shrugs*
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:39 AM
A great improvement! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 1:38 PM
Great idea!! Thank you!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 3:18 PM
Thank you, everybody! I'm glad you find it useful.

It really bugs me that Maxis didn't see fit to fix this themselves, especially since they obviously were aware of it when FT rolled around - but then again, if they had, I wouldn't have had any reason to make this (and learn even more about the TXMT), so I guess all's well that ends well.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
#9 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 3:39 PM
Thank you Nix - I know you made Xander's WEEK when you fixed this
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:22 PM
Thanks, Lee! I probably never would have thought to make this if it hadn't been for Xander's replacement screens.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:26 PM
What an improvement! Thank you.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 6:10 PM
Thanks, Gwenke! It's amazing how one little setting can make such a difference.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 8:43 PM
You totally made my week, Lee is right lol. I swear I was going insane trying to figure this out because I was really proud of my custom screens I made lol.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 9:04 PM Last edited by 4amMist : 8th Jul 2011 at 9:46 PM. Reason: Tested
Thanks so much!
I made some defaults for the chatroom, and they'd look so much better with a brighter screen! Now I just need to test them on my custom computers.

----

I tested it with three custom computers, and it works wonders!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 11:20 AM
YAY! Been wanting something like this for ages ;D Keep up the good work!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 12:02 AM
Awesome. I was always like "What, are the embarrassed about looking for a job and turned the display down? Talking to a secret lover and don't want the spouse to see?" XD
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 12:22 PM
Thank you, everybody!

@Xander, you should be proud of your screens, they're great! I'm glad I could figure this out so we can see them in all their glory.

@4amMist, glad they worked! I have a theory that it's only on custom computers where the TXMT has already been modified that the mod doesn't work, but I won't take it to the bank just yet.

@LilGeek, glad you like it.

@lg135, that, or "why does everybody in Pleasantview have such horribly bad monitors?"
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 5:58 AM
I always wondered why they were so dark ... thanks! :D
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 7:57 PM
@Caren, Maxis sloppiness, that's why. And you're welcome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 6:48 AM
This mod works great. A simple but nice mod. Desirable for people that are into sims movie making.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 1:22 PM
@AgentVance, thanks! Glad you find it useful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 8:44 PM
Thanks! This mod is great, I love it! Now I can actually see what my sim is doing on the computer instead of just looking at the action icon. Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 10:57 AM
Yeah
OMG it is just like it is on freetime! I had all the sims games then i stopped playing them and sold them (I thought i had sold them all but i found pets expansion pack, university ep, nightlife ep, open for business ep and ts2 original.) So i was looking for this and i found it :google:
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 1:36 PM
Glad to see that my old eyes weren't deceiving me ... that screen WAS awfully dark. Since I don't have FT, so I won't probably be seeing this screen ordinarily .... thank you!
Gone Fishin'
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 8:13 PM
Thank you, everybody!

gazania, nope, your eyes were being completely honest. Don't know what Maxis were thinking with that dark screen... maybe they'd had bad experiences with people reading over their shoulder or something.
Page 1 of 2