Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 10:00 PM
Default New EP: Pirate and Nobles (official EA link)
EA posted on the Sims Medieval Facebook page.

http://www.ea.com/the-sims-medieval...ates-and-nobles
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 10:14 PM
Arrr. Ya beat me, matey.

I guess this answers if EA abandoned it or not.

I'll have to look at it more to see if its a real expansion or just halfway between an expansion and a stuff pack.

They should add a ninja outfit for Thieves with this. :P
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 10:53 PM
They seem to be calling it an Adventure Pack. It seems, as kawaiipd said, halfway between an expansion and stuff pack. Probably closer to a stuff pack, as most things they mention on the site are objects and quests which don't require much of a core tweak.

Still it'll be cool to get, and, if the price I saw of $30 is correct, I think it will be worth it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 11:38 PM
"The fun never ends with this new adventure pack!" Oh yeah? Well, we'll see that, i was hoping for a new world and for some fixes like blue eyes bug: hope for the best.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 12:52 AM
A shame to hear no mention yet of new heroes, buildings or a new kingdom to choose. Instead they prefer to use new outfits and hats as a selling point.

Unlike stuff packs though, it does seem that objects with new interactions will be included.

Still, appearantly no horses though but they might yet surprise us.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 5:04 AM
Nothing on this one makes me want to run out and pre-order. I even watched the video twice.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 5:06 AM
It doesn't even sound like they're introducing a new hero, which is disappointing. Does this mean our sims won't be able to be pirates or nobles, just interact with them? Because that would suck.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 5:13 AM
I think that the quests actually being tied to the ambition in a plot will make it much more interesting to play out. That was a good direction to go for new quests.

But I do hope there will be assorted quests to refresh the other ambitions as well.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 9:57 AM
Expanded free play and new locations seem desperatly needed to keep things fresh, or more things to build in the current kingdom. If only options to choose different housing for the heroes. Maybe upgraded larger houses to provide more space for the new objects.
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 11:27 AM
I hope this expansion pack will allow you to influence the gender of the Sims' babies.
Instructor
#11 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 12:53 PM
I have to say, I'm kind of excited for an expansion! I'm not even bored with TSM yet, and now this? Yay!
Instructor
#12 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 3:45 PM
Default It could be modded
Quote: Originally posted by AyuHamasaki01
I hope this expansion pack will allow you to influence the gender of the Sims' babies.

The code still exisists in Medieval to eat apples for boys, and watermelons for girls. I've not seen any watermelons in Medieval, but there are apples in the village shop. I'll have to do some testing to see if it works.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 4:40 PM
I think they forgot to put rabbithole between grand and adventures. If it wasn't for that I might actually be interested. If I wanted to read about adventures I'd buy a book. More worth for my money.

Of course I'd love it if they made me eat my words and actually showed real pirate adventures on the sea.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nvenya
Of course I'd love it if they made me eat my words and actually showed real pirate adventures on the sea.

Now that would be cool. I'm all in for loading up cannonballs and blowing up ships straight out of the water.
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 9:58 PM
*censored Spanish words* they didn't release the Spanish site ¬¬ It's still just TSM, they only put a small link to an English site on the countdown. It's OK for me, I speak English, but this is a bit unfair...

Anyway, I can't wait to this game... *Nami imagines Jack Simsparrow* it sounds fun! It says "50 days" that's less than two months. It's quite strange we have so little info... specially when we know almost ALL about S3Pets, and that's supposed to be released later. Hope the "kill the king/queen" quest will be still playable. I hate Elizabeth Swan and do that quest will be SO funny... (OMG, I need holidays. University makes me mad)
Mad Poster
#16 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 4:24 AM
Arrr, there'll be more off-screen adventures, I see!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 8:33 AM
In case you care, Direct2Drive have this up for preorder.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 4:22 PM Last edited by Outfit_Planner : 11th Jul 2011 at 9:02 PM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T2aSwJJQio
Sims Pirates and Nobles EP, other wise known as SimsPOTC. LOL.
http://www.gamespot.com/events/ea20...tml?sid=6322972
Its like watching a very bad Hollywood movie.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 4:29 AM
I read that there might be makeup added to the game, according to this blog: http://kakikang.blogspot.com/2011/0...and-nobles.html

I also read about the addition of makeup from an article that SimPrograms linked to, and that it could be included in the patch for those who won't have the new EP. This is kind of nice for a less natural look.
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
A shame to hear no mention yet of new heroes, buildings or a new kingdom to choose.

But.... no new kingdoms? no new heroes and no building upgrades for the heroes? This piece of info just popped my 'new TSM expansion pack ' happy balloon....
Field Researcher
#21 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 6:28 PM Last edited by kawaiipd : 13th Jul 2011 at 12:54 AM.
I was figuring Nobles and Pirates were going to be new heroes..
If not, that's lame..

But I don't recognize the location of this screenshot on their site:
http://www.ea.com/pirates-and-nobles/images/pet-falcon

*edit* It almost looks like an angle near the training yard or pit beast based on background houses infront of a hill.
Could be at the Jacoban Cathedral. Not sure about that statue either in the close background but outside the building.
I'm kind of thinking this is a new building or at least a new building design.
#22 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 12:02 PM
the pet birdies look fun!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd

But I don't recognize the location of this screenshot on their site

I think it is the throne room doing a 180.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I think it is the throne room doing a 180.

I don't think it's the right angle for the throne room though, based on the houses and hill in the background.

I also don't think the outside fence extends that far inwards. The columns look kind of flush with the stone fence as well.

I suspect the building on the far right is the tavern.
Instructor
#25 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 5:42 PM
guess that means no kingball court then? unless they put that in the town square. . .
Page 1 of 2