Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gwrych Barony REEVE Cottage

by StephSim Posted 9th Aug 2011 at 2:55 AM - Updated 15th Sep 2011 at 9:38 PM by StephSim

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 3:45 AM
The reeve's got an upstairs! Fancy shmancy!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 5:31 AM Last edited by StephSim : 9th Aug 2011 at 4:00 PM.
**Giggle**

Yeah. Since the Reeve is the middle man, the Lord had to provide some incentive. So, he and his ever expanding family have a bit more space. Of course, he quickly puts his offspring to work as soon as they move beyond crawling. Though the accomodations are probably not enough for the families I intend to live in them. 3 Bedrooms with 2 kids to each bed and the wee bairns sleeping in the Master bedroom with their mum and dad.

The barn itself is to collect produce from the other serfs and to hold landlord meetings (where the Reeve never misses an opportunity to remind the others that his home is indeed something to look upon with envy). So, while we snub our noses at the exposed wattle walls, the ladder for indoor stairs and the bathtub in the barn, the Reeve holds it as something to be ever so proud of!

Wait until you see what the single, WAGON-less merchant (tradesman) has in comparison. It just keeps getting better and better.

Gwrych...the kingdom that keeps on giving!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 5:45 AM
Oooh, does the merchant have fancy glazed pottery in the main room? Fancy wagon of trade goods? Silk? Cowrie shells! Do I win a cookie if I guess it? Looking forward to the next one.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 5:55 AM
Oh, Cat...you EVIL GENIUS! You just gave me another idea!

Must make a quick edit to the next lot before uploading!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 10:19 AM
Great lot and loving the back story too. I never thought of using the barn as living space, nor for bathing, but I really like that you did. I usually throw the bath in with the toilet or in the bedroom, but the stable makes so much more sense.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 7:41 PM
Awesomeness! And without Stuff Packs, I can't believe my luck!

The house looks great, the custom content is great, and I love the back story thoughts you have, too. Sounds very much like you're playing the royal kingdom challenge!

I'm pretty rotten at designing houses myself, they are always the same. At least with peasants it's easy: one big room for cooking and eating, a separate one for sleeping if you're feeling fancy, a barn or something nearby and lots and lots of garden plots because come Sunday, the lord wants to see his tithes. But this is just beautiful. I deinstalled pets because it doesn't add much to the gameplay as far as I'm concerned, but one look at your beautiful medieval lots and I just know I'm re-installing it.

Thank you very much!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 11:04 AM
Thanks VerDeTerre. I think it will be fun to let your Simmies live outside the box. It will be neat watching the Reeve indulging in a bath in the barn! I feel sorry for the cow. Poor thing has to endure watching the Reeve romp about au naturel, but it also has to put up with the Reeve singing while bathing.

alchemist,
You are most welcomed. I'm glad you are able to download the lot. The remaining Gwrych lots (and there are still quite a few to come as outlined in my MTS Journal), will not include include Stuff Packs.

Unfortunately, there are many seemingly small things I prefer not to do without while building included in each of the EPs. Some are build mode features and others are objects that help bring the lot to life. Without M&G, I lost the ability to repaint the mailboxes in brown wood and the ability to use the "slide" feature when working with roofs. These may seem like small things, but it requires me to do a bit more work to make things happen without them!

So, I had to draw the line by keeping the EPs. In addition, there are a few objects I use that are not just Basegame compatible alone. So, having all the EPs keeps me from having to figure out which ones are needed for each "medieval" object I may use. At any rate...thanks again for the compliment and I hope you enjoy the download!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 8:30 PM
Lovely!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 4:19 AM
Thanks Maer.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 5:17 PM
You know, it's getting a little boring to always write "wow, what a beautiful lot, thank you"... but what else can I say? Your lots are FANTASTIC! (And my english is limited ;-)

Edit: just because I read about it in one of your earlier posts: I am SOOOO happy you decided to exclude stuff packs like M&G, as I don't have them :-)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 5:01 AM
Not a problem makabaer. Thank you for the compliment. :D

I decided not to use Stuff Packs for the remainder of the Gwrych project. I started with the Barony Castle and will carry on this way until the last Gwrych lot on my list is complete.

I see you already downloaded most of the Barony collection of lots.
So...don't forget to grab the Barony Castle
http://www.modthesims.info/download...334445&posted=1
and the Gwrych Barony Manor House
http://www.modthesims.info/d/425950.

I hope your travels in Gwrych are full of pleasant surprises.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 1:19 AM
Beautiful for my medieval sims ! :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 7:49 PM
Enjoy the Reeve Cottage Tleilaxu!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 12:08 PM
Awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 4:22 AM
Thank You
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 10:53 PM
Enjoy the lot Janie and MrsLott!

~*~Stephanie~*~