|Search this Thread|
|29th May 2012, 05:52 AM||The Disney Challenge [because it's my first challenge] #1|
Join Date: Oct 2008
I'm pretty sure everyone has seen this challenge, but if you haven't I'll list the rules here
Generation 1: Cinderella: Forced to clean and cook for your evil stepsisters and mother, you never knew life had such great experiences.
Founders always have humble beginnings and what better way to kick off this challenge than the story of Cinderella.
• Must have “Neat” trait
• Must make all of the beds in the morning and cook all of the meals
• Must live with two ugly stepsisters and an evil stepmom
o Stepsisters must have: mean spirited, snob, and schmoozer as traits
o Stepmom must have: evil, mean spirited, and snob traits
• Move out of the house once you find your “Prince Charming”
• Get married and have kids
This is just the first Generation, but the other nine is in the link.
It's fun adding your own mix in it as well.
I thought it was going to be easy, but my Cinderella is constantly tired.
|30th May 2012, 12:04 AM||#2|
Nice! But one problem: In Snow White's generation, you mention that you have to have kids after she becomes a playable ghost. This is impossible, only male ghosts and female sims can have children... I love the idea, though! Plan to try it out soon.
|30th May 2012, 05:12 PM||#3|
Eh? Negatory, ghost rider. Unless something terrible has happened with SHT updates, playable female ghosts can get pregnant. I've had 5+ families that continued this way. Non-playable ghosts can't breed without mods anymore, though.
I like this challenge, although I wonder why you didn't just copy-paste the rules here? Yesterday I couldn't access the rules because of TS3 site maintenance, so maybe a back up post would be good.
|31st May 2012, 12:00 AM||#4|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Generation 2: Mulan: “Could it be, that if I were truly to be myself, I would break my family’s heart…”
Your family always expected great things from you but you found yourself having other interests.
• Must have an entirely different LTW than all of the other family members
• Must reach the top of that career choice
• Become enemies with your parents but befriend them by the end of the generation (or before they die, whichever comes first)
• Marry, have kids
Generation 3: (must have generations—if not, see Gen 3.5): Toy Story: "You've got a friend in me!"
No one believed that your toy was real. So how were you going to prove to them that you were in love?
• Heir/heiress must have Imaginary Friend doll
• Turn the doll into an IF
• Turn the IF into a human
• Marry this human and have children
Generation 3.5: if you don’t have Generations or it doesn’t work: The Fox and the Hound: Friends come from all different types of places…
• Fall in love with your best friend, who just so happens to be your opposite
• Your family doesn’t approve—have a private wedding
• Sneak out to meet your love
o Don’t get caught by the police one time
o Get caught and brought back home by the police one time
• Have children and get married (not necessarily in that order)
NOTE: I know that this isn’t really like the Fox and the Hound movie, but the basic concept of having a different type of friend applies.
Generation 4: Snow White: “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?”
You are beautiful and many found your beauty to be infuriating. Better watch your back!
• Have at least 10 enemies
• Must have the “good” trait
• Have ONLY 7 friends (or dwarves, if you catch my drift)
• Experience your untimely death at the hands of someone who hates you
• Have your “prince charming” raise you from the dead (in the Sims 3, this now means that you are a playable ghost sim)
• Have children—this HAS to come after you are raised from the dead
Generation 5: The Little Mermaid: “Wish I could be part of your world…”
You were teased for being a ghost child. It was unnatural. Still, some find beauty within and when you found the love of your life, you were willing to do anything in order to become human again.
• Heir/Heiress must be a ghost
• Fall in love while in ghost form
• Must be transformed to be human again
• Get married have children
Generation 6: Aladdin: “I can’t go back to where I used to be…”
Your parents concealed you from the world, in fear that you would be made fun of or thought of differently because your mother (or father) was previously a ghost. The only way to fix this was if you agreed to marry a stranger—your parents thought it would save you the heart break later.
• You CANNOT have any friends at school—or you can be homeschooled
• You aren’t allowed to leave the house, unless it is for school
• Frequently sneak out after dark—don’t get caught
o Meet your future lover on one of your rebellious sneak outs
• Have parents arrange your marriage to a stranger
• Leave the stranger at the altar and find your “street rat”
o Lover MUST be in the criminal career (“Prince Ali” was a thief remember?”
• Get married to lover, have children
Generation 7: Lion King: “Oh I just can’t wait to be King!”
Let’s face it; you are filthy, stinking rich! The world is at your fingertips—or so your Dad has told you. You can have anything you want!
• Be super popular
• Make one enemy (every Simba needs a Scar, no?)
• Have heir/heiress from Gen. 6 die (in the typical one-parent-is-always-dead Disney style)
• Leave everything behind and live humbly away from your riches
• Move back into your original house
• Get married have kids
Generation 8: Nightmare Before Christmas:
There is always the criminal. Your grandfather/mother was a criminal, so how bad can you be, right? Pretty bad.
• Join criminal career
-Reach the top of the criminal career
-Fall in love ONLY ONCE you reach the top of the career
-Quit your job--love has changed you!
-Get married, have kids
Generation 9: Beauty and the Beast: “New and a bit alarming. Who’d have ever thought that this could be? True that he’s no Prince Charming, but there’s something in him that I simply didn’t see.”
Despite your mother’s, or father’s, crazy ways, you were more of the quiet type. You longed for the romance of your ancestors—the type that only seemed to belong in books.
• Must have “Bookworm” trait
• Mother or Father goes to jail
o For storytellers: this is where the heir/ess would meet “the beast”. Creative control takes over from here!
• Heir/ess gets kidnapped and brought to live in a creepy old mansion
• Heir/ess falls in love with the “beast”—an ugly sim
• Get married have children (of course, the children will probably be unattractive, but it’s about beauty within, right?)
Generation 10: The Hunchback of Notre Dame: “If I was in their skin, I'd treasure every instant out there, strolling by the Seine, taste a morning out there, like ordinary men, who freely walk about there. Just one day, and then I swear I'll be content with my share…”
Beauty within your butt! Your parents may be content with their life—after all, love is all that matters to them—but you are made fun of for your…odd appearance. Constantly bullied, you found it hard to make friends.
• Throughout childhood, make more enemies than friends.
• Meet the woman—or man—of your dreams and try to woo them
• Must have “Loser” trait
• Lose the woman or man of your dreams to a more—let’s face it—popular and beautiful person.
• No children. How could you bear to let your children face the same ugly fate as you?
o For storytellers: this is your chance for creativity! Either kill off the 10th generation heir/ess, or make it so that it is physically impossible for them to have kids with their “partner”. Anything goes for the 10th generation!
I don't exactly like how the legacy ends, but it's a win or lose situation!
I was going to post my family on here, but no site is letting me upload the pictures.
So, if you want you can visit my blog.
|9th Jun 2012, 09:09 AM||#5|
Join Date: Oct 2011
This sounds amazing! I'm going to start straight away