Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 8:45 PM
Default Quest: The Incident
My Monarch is supposed to Interrogate the Court Musician. The one that I hired for "The Summit". But he won't come to the castle so I can. Every time I try to invite him over it says he's too busy for socials calls. I tried sending him to the stocks but it still says the same thing even though hes not busy. When I go to where he is, he's playing the lute and I have no way to dismiss him from his duties so i can question him. Help please?

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kitty Paine
My Monarch is supposed to Interrogate the Court Musician. The one that I hired for "The Summit". But he won't come to the castle so I can. Every time I try to invite him over it says he's too busy for socials calls. I tried sending him to the stocks but it still says the same thing even though hes not busy. When I go to where he is, he's playing the lute and I have no way to dismiss him from his duties so i can question him. Help please?

You don't actually have to go anywhere besides the Town Square for this. The musician should be standing in the square with the rest of the group, you just click on the interrogation chair (looks like a throne with a box next to it) and select the only option available, and then pick the musician from the pop-up window list of available Sims to lock in the chair!

Unless this section of the quest can occur in different ways, that is. For me (only done Incident once so far), after they exchange gifts in the Reception, they wanted to give me my gifts in Town Square.

If you continue to have problems, let me know and I'll re-run the quest to assist you!
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 7:45 PM
i'm having a problem with this quest too. in the beginning they ask us to get 3 pieces of cheese and board meat. i've bought about 10 pieces of cheese and only 1 piece was selected and the shop stopped selling board meat. heelp

oh and i have board meat in the frigde and it doesn't work
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LynaPT
i'm having a problem with this quest too. in the beginning they ask us to get 3 pieces of cheese and board meat. i've bought about 10 pieces of cheese and only 1 piece was selected and the shop stopped selling board meat. heelp

oh and i have board meat in the frigde and it doesn't work

OK, I'm guessing you mean Boar? If that's what you mean, then you have to go hunting for it.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Instructor
#5 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 1:14 AM
OR, you can ctrl+right click the task and it'll get done, with the boar's meat put in your inventory.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 12:05 AM
Also, if your king/queen has met the muscian, go to relationship tab, tag them, scrool the camera to the muscian and shift-right click. Then shift-click the ground of the town square, And teleport them there. That helps me, if it makes sense. Then when you're done, shift-right click them again to make them unselectable.
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 3:04 PM Last edited by Andonia : 6th Oct 2013 at 3:25 PM.
I have problem, I can't finish the quest, I have no more tasks, but the quest doesn't want to end... and now I'm stuck on it and I don't know what to do :/

Edit: Okey, it finished ^_^ I clicked to hunt the forest and the quest ended.. but I had to wait in about 2 sim days to complete it
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Andonia
I have problem, I can't finish the quest, I have no more tasks, but the quest doesn't want to end... and now I'm stuck on it and I don't know what to do :/

Edit: Okey, it finished ^_^ I clicked to hunt the forest and the quest ended.. but I had to wait in about 2 sim days to complete it

I have really a lot of bugs in my Qeust "The incident": First the bards could not be asked to play a song. I found a solution for this. Than sometimes after my Queen welcom the guild-memnerbs / priates the option to to to the Castle dit not come. A few tries and I got a game where it work ... BUT no I have no solution for this problem: After the first meeting in the Castle Hall my Queen should go to the Town place and get some presents. BUT: When she arrive at the town place nothing happen. I still have this message on the left "Go to the town place" (with a "well" sign). But my Queen can't talk to anybody or do something. The guild-leader and the pirate-leader are at the town place, too. But I can't talk something usefull with them.

Does somebody know what I could to? A cheat command? A mod?

Thanks
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rappeldrache
I have really a lot of bugs in my Qeust "The incident": First the bards could not be asked to play a song. I found a solution for this. Than sometimes after my Queen welcom the guild-memnerbs / priates the option to to to the Castle dit not come. A few tries and I got a game where it work ... BUT no I have no solution for this problem: After the first meeting in the Castle Hall my Queen should go to the Town place and get some presents. BUT: When she arrive at the town place nothing happen. I still have this message on the left "Go to the town place" (with a "well" sign). But my Queen can't talk to anybody or do something. The guild-leader and the pirate-leader are at the town place, too. But I can't talk something usefull with them.

Does somebody know what I could to? A cheat command? A mod?

Thanks

I am sure you mean Town Square, not town place. The Incident quest does have its bugs, one cannot imagine the hell I've been through with the Incident on an occasion or two. Anyway, when your monarch enters the Town Square, make sure she walks passed the well, almost to the middle of the park area, as if she is going to the mailbox. If the game still does not make the sound of the task having been completed, then I suggest you reset the Town Square. What you do to do this is to point your mouse pointer on the ground in the middle of town square, and press the shift key on your keyboard, and a little window will appear, which gives you the option to reset, which you will select. Then try again having your queen walk to and around the Town Square, and hopefully she will then be recognized.

If you continue having problems, you can put your pointer on the task at the left of the screen then press CTRL while pressing on the left click button on your mouse, and the task will be achieved.

About your queen being unable to talk to anyone...no one???? Have you tried everyone present at the Town Square? Do you get an options window when your queen tries to speak when you try to interact with other sims? You may need to reset your queen as well, in the same manner as I described above, except to point at your queen instead of the ground.

Are you teleporting your sims around the kingdom, or do they walk everywhere? I ask because if you teleport them you must be careful to teleport them in the correct place of where they are supposed to be in order for the game to recognize a task having been completed, so nothing can be skipped by the game in any quest. I used to accidentally teleport my monarch a little too far on his way to the Town Shoppe on the first quest of the game, and he would not be asked by anyone what kind of kingdom he was going to establish, fierce or safety, so the game would skip that part and either no monarch's sword or armor would be awarded. So beware of this.

If nothing works, I suggest you quit the quest and redo it again from the start of the quest. Worry not it will appear again for you to select.

Good Luck, Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 3:59 PM
Hey Xeny,

thanks a lot *HUG* I wil ltry it (this days) and write if it works or not. I have now an older save game working BEFORE I started this quest. It's really very, very usefull to have a FEW savegames at "Sims medieval".

When my Queen arrived at the Town Square she can talk with everybody there, even with the giuld-leader and the pirates leader. But just "the normal stuff".

I use a lot of mods. But I tried this quest without any mods and it worked not (too). I never use teleporting cheats or mods. To dangerous .....
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 3:56 PM
I'm playing something else now. So I could not try this. I'm sorry.

I would thank you a lot for your kind help. *lot of HUGS*