Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 1:51 PM
Those are the only ones I have noticed so far, but the majority of my CC hair came from those two places. Has anyone found toddler/children hair from another designer that works? I had to put my story on hiatus until I can find some and most the ones I find for that age group are all from those two or re-textures of their designs.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 10:25 PM
I have some child hairs that are still working, but asking me to find the creator let alone the package file is a lot to ask from me with my magnitude of mods...
Test Subject
#28 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Peggy uses her own "special" tools to make hair which have always been largely incompatible with mainstream tools, so it's not surprising to hear that her hairs have been broken by a patch. People have also said that some NewSea hairs are affected - any other creators? It'd be good to be able to establish a pattern.

Well, that's frustrating to hear. I was hoping the issue would resolve itself randomly like it does with Mac users who experience this problem. It's really too bad, she makes more custom hairs for that age group that any other creator. I feel sorry for her paying subscribers.

I haven't noticed an issue with Newsea child/toddler hair in my game. My Blue Book hairs are still showing up, and I think those are the only three CC hair creators for kids that I download from.
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 8:35 AM
I wonder if there's a way to "convert" the hair, so to speak. If its the tool Peggy and Newsea use that makes the CC bork up with this EP, then what if someone edit and saves it using a different program? To just copy her creation and paste it into a new program. Maybe someone with those meshing tools would be willing to give it a try.

My logic for thinking that it might work:
There are certain hairs of peggy's that were "borked" when she released them (gaps, or bangs that sat too high, or it animated really weird), so someone else went out of their way to fix the mesh: that download still works for me.

I dreamed I was missing... you were so scared, but no one would listen, 'cause no one else cared. After my dreaming, I woke with this fear. What am I leaving when I'm done here?
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 6:16 PM Last edited by aliesgrise : 2nd Nov 2011 at 6:39 PM.
it was so sad peggy children hair won't work since 1.26 patch , and half of my children hair mod was peggy, hope EA released will release patch soon, to support peggy mod again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _Katami_Aiala_
I wonder if there's a way to "convert" the hair, so to speak. If its the tool Peggy and Newsea use that makes the CC bork up with this EP, then what if someone edit and saves it using a different program? To just copy her creation and paste it into a new program. Maybe someone with those meshing tools would be willing to give it a try.

My logic for thinking that it might work:
There are certain hairs of peggy's that were "borked" when she released them (gaps, or bangs that sat too high, or it animated really weird), so someone else went out of their way to fix the mesh: that download still works for me.

Sounds like it would work...

Quote: Originally posted by aliesgrise
it was so sad peggy children hair won't work since 1.26 patch , and half of my children hair mod was peggy, hope EA released will release patch soon, to support peggy mod again.

EA doesn't have to support CC outside of the store, so they aren't going to release a patch to make peggy hairs work. It is up to us, the modders, to fix the problems.

ALSO, no response from the email. At this point, I'm not expecting one anymore.
Test Subject
#32 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:57 PM
Just thought I'd add in that it appears to not only be child/toddler hairs from Peggy that no longer show up in game but also any accesorries released pre-patch 1.26.

I had a few of her free necklaces and they're all vanished from the game since I patched.

I did notice that her latest donation gift hair child/toddler works just fine in a patched game. Somehow I doubt all the older hairs and accessories will be fixed. I'm currently in search of other CC alternatives for my kids and tots. If anyone knows of any good creators of kids/toddler hairs I'd appreciate the info
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 3:06 AM
I was just downloading a lot of her toddler hairs and was wondering why they weren't showing up!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 10:37 PM
OH Thank God I am not alone......I cleaned out my package folder and was starting fresh and none of peggy's child/toddler hair will show up. I have been going around in circls trying to find the problem. I posted on another stie and someone pointed me to this thread. I ma soo glad its not just me....Its even my anubis retextures....I love my anubis retextures...I am so glad its not just me
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 9:55 AM
Default frustrated
I'm finding it's not just Newsea and Peggy hairs not showing up for toddlers and children,i'm having trouble with most all of them not showing up,including my Anubis hairs.A few for teens and adluts are not showing up but for the most part just the little ones hairs.I'm at a loss,i've also emailed Peggy with no relpy,anyone found anything out i may have missed that may work?I'm having not a lot of luck trying to find toddler/children hair at this point as well=/.
Test Subject
#36 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 12:44 AM
@ _Katami_Aiala_: You, my fine fellow, have just received +1 internetz.

My Anubis and Peggy hairs are broken. I'm agitated. I downloaded a Newsea hair, which worked, but Anubis/Peggy hairs are not showing in Create A Sim. =__=

This needs to be fixed!! D:
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 6:00 AM
Hi people, and somebody could fix it? Cause I have the same problem.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#38 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 9:40 AM
It sounds like the problem is the mesh, so any retextures of Peggy meshes will probably be broken. Nubie's other stuff should be fine though.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 4:46 PM
Well that stinks! Has anyone found an alternative, a new preferred hair mesher, perhaps? Just curious, and trying to revive this thread.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#40 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 4:47 PM
I just downloaded a lot of hair, trying to sort things out and get an appropriate naming system. I pulled my hair out for hours, trying to figure out why the hair was not showing in my game. Turns out, they were all Peggy child/toddler hairs. Anubis retextures of other hairs, like coolsims, work for my children and toddlers so whiterider is right, the other stuff is fine. It's just those that aren't working.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 3:38 PM
Ohh, I'm having this issue, too! I have almost all Nubie's Peggy's retextures, and none of them are showing up for children and toddlers!
NewSea hairs and all the others show up, though. It's just Peggy's. Nubie, also made a statement about the issue, here: clicky
Field Researcher
#42 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 7:37 AM Last edited by blakegriplingph : 10th Feb 2012 at 7:57 AM.
Excuse for the bump, but the same went for the hair mesh used for this Samantha Parkington mod:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=2130987

A guy made his own fork of the hair mesh, and it does show up ingame, probably since he used conventional tools for rigging it up instead of the "special" ones Peggy uses.

And speaking of tools, could it be that Peggy reverse-engineered (or have someone else R-E), or write their own custom toolchain using the stuff we gathered from reversing EA's code?
Field Researcher
#43 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 5:35 AM
A lot of her adult hairs aren't working either,i just use newer hair of hers all the older ones are mostly broken now and it's really hard to go through and find the ones that do work.
Page 2 of 2