Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fallingwater at Bear Run - NO CC Version

by StephSim Posted 28th Nov 2011 at 1:33 PM - Updated 11th Dec 2011 at 12:50 AM by StephSim

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 2:32 PM
This is a stunning lot, and I can't believe you made this with no cc! Outstanding!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 4:10 PM
Good to see your still creating for us and again this is WOW....
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 5:18 PM
Woot! You're still around- and still making stuff for us Sims 2 fanatics!

Awesome! (The lot is amazing, especially as this version has no CC!!!)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 8:15 PM
I can't wait to play this lot and I know just who needs to get it! Thank you so much for it and for making a version without CC.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 2:52 PM
LadyAngel
It was interesting, challenging, fun and quite inspirational to create a NO CC version. I guess what I found most challenging with the NO CC version(s) is the limits of furnishings when not using all EPs and the landscaping elements (especially not having enough Maxis/EA terrains that work with the lot).

woodenbear
Thanks. Yeah "still" creating. Now "still" uploading...that is another story entirely. Luckily, the uploading process for lots has improved over time. Do enjoy the lot(s).

Zirconia Wolf
Have fun exploring the lot. It's such a massive lot too. I think everyone who has built it used at least a 5x5 or 5x6 lot to achieve the look properly. I started with a moderate lot size and over time increased it to the largest lot size and ended settling for the version that was 5x5. But, the No CC version was a decorating challenge as there is a limit to what you can do to achieve a certain look without CC. In the end though, I'm pleased with the results. In this way, people can add what they want to change it up a bit...even download the furnishings created by Stonetower to give the lot a bit more flare! Enjoy the download(s)!

VerDeTerre
This is definitely a house designed for entertaining! I imagine a single Sim millionaire or an eccentric Sim with a small family living it up in this house. Ooo yeah... - I'm contemplating adjusting both the NO CC and CC (no helicopter) Versions to be a 4 apartment lot. Big lots like this often make great apartments! Have fun with the lot!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Site Helper
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 12:09 AM
You did an amazing job of keeping the feel of the real-life building without loading it down with CC. Very well done and thanks for thinking of those people who try to avoid CC.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 1:30 AM
This is an amazing job! Building real world architectural "monuments" like this, with no CC is a task I try myself from time to time and it's fun and challenging but it's not easy!
Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 2:20 PM
Mootilda,
Thanks and you're welcomed. I appreciate the compliment. Of course, real-life buildings like this one challenge the simple box concept. So, in a way, unique designs take away from needing CC. Of course, even in the CC version, the interior is also mainly Maxis/EA too (with exception to the furnishings I used mainly in the living room by Stonetower and the dozens of pictures used). Of course, I would not have been able to share the CC version in a simple way without your updating the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer. So thank you as well. It truly saves me a lot of time and enjoy the download(s).

SimCeleste,
Thank you and I'm grateful for your encouraging words. Yes. The NO CC challenge is a combination of torture, creativity and fun. I imagine being an engineer makes sim lot designs a bit more interesting for you! Take care and enjoy Fallingwater.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 5:40 AM
Both versions are just outstanding! How are you ever going to top this though, StephSim? You'll think of something!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 3:23 PM
Thank you tricia. If only you could see the Sim creation ideas in my head! There are mountains of them and only 1 me to create them. Perhaps a StephSim clone or two! That would be brilliant. Then, there wouldn't be any stopping the madness in my creative mind!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 1:37 AM
Hi, I downloaded this to my Downloads folder under EA GAmes--->Sims 2 and unzipped it, but it's not showing up in my Lots bin. I always put custom content in the Dowloads folder, but does it go in another folder? I can't figure out why I'm not finding it in the game...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 8:21 PM
lorelei
Several things.

The No CC version should show properly in the lots bin as there is no CC to cause conflict.

I take it you downloaded the version with Custom Content (CC) in the other Fallingwater post? If so, you must download the latest version of Sims2Pack Clean Installer first. There was a fix for lots with CC that do not show in the lots bin. Everyone who downloads lots with CC should update their Sims2Pack Clean Installer really!
Get it here
After updating your Sims2Pack Clean Installer, make sure you follow the Install Instructions for lots. Just click on the "Install Instructions" tab on this post for directions and/or help.

I hope this helps and let me know if the lot is showing properly.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 12:13 AM
Excellent work, I admire your patience and your skill - even though I am far more fond of the more quiet style of Richard Neutra.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 12:40 AM Last edited by StephSim : 23rd Dec 2011 at 1:43 AM.
GreenMarie,

Thank you.

I also can appreciate the architectural style of Neutra. I love the combo of light metals/steel and glass with elements of brick, stucco or at times concrete. I also like the way the land is often made to conform to the architecture in some of Neutra's designs, often with unobstructed views of the landscape from large paneled windows, and at other times totally seamless windows without barriers. Talk about living in glass houses!

Neutra's houses seem light in comparison to many of Wright's houses. While I tend to tear artists apart privately in order to better appreciate their creations and get a better understanding of their design styles for myself, I truly believe each artist has something a little different to offer to the world (especially when we view their work against itself). I can't really compare the two in a major way, as their styles are quite unique. Basically, I can appreciate each man in a different way. More important than comparisons, both had an undying passion about their creations and a connection to the natural world. That alone frees me to have a bit of admiration for both. Take care.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 11:39 PM
This house is wonderful but... I cannot enter it. It crashes the game, whether I try to enter it with a family, or just in build mode. It says: "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate." Any Idea what might be behind it? I have all the expansion packs. And by the way, this happened to me before. I feel really bad because of that because there is no other huge mansion that is without tons o' custom content, or at least that I like, and I wanted to use it in a story.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 1:11 AM Last edited by StephSim : 23rd Dec 2011 at 2:37 AM. Reason: Updating info...
Hi Deadhart, I will download this and install it fresh (as well as have someone else test it for me). It's a bit surprising the No CC version is causing problems. But, I shall have a look. Sometimes, it's a fluke. Other times, it's the oddest little things.

Ah...Did you download the Helicopter version or the one without a Helicopter? I'll check both and have both checked and get back to you soon.

~*~stephanie~*~

UPDATE

Well...Deadhart. The lots have been doubly downloaded and tested on 2 different computers (one a bit slow and lagging) with and without Simmies. All panned out and is working properly.

So, I'm betting it's not the lot in and of itself, but some sort of internal conflict (generally with outside CC). With lots, it is more than likely the CC used that causes issues (terrains, hacks, GUID conflicts, etc.). Since I didn't include any CC in this lot, it may be something you previously downloaded.

Let's try this first...Since you have all EPs installed, the only thing I can think of at the moment is other CC/Hacks you have in your game. Did you download and add any CC/Hacks to your game when you downloaded Fallingwater? Did you have CC/Hacks in your game when you loaded the lot? If so, would you mind testing the lot by loading it after removing the CC/Hacks to a folder on your Desktop temporarily? In this way, you can test to see if it is indeed the lot or a conflict with other CC or Hacks you may have in your game?

What I've found is that sometimes a user created object may be sharing the same GUID as a Maxis object. This will indeed cause a game crash (one of many things which can)...but this is one such crash that is directly associated with loading lots. This could be because a creator used an "illegal" GUID (meaning randomly assigning a number to an object) or because the GUID number a creator used was used by Maxis in a later EP.

For instance (just an example), in the NO CC Fallingwater lot, I used the Apartment Life Murphy Bed. You loaded Fallingwater, but also added a user created object (a tree) that shares the same GUID with the Murphy Bed in your downloads folder OR it was already in your Downloads folder when you loaded the lot. This can (and more than likely will) cause your game to crash when trying to load the Fallingwater lot as the loading apparatus will be conflicted in trying to suss out which of the two objects is authentic. So...if you have CC in you Downloads folder, take it out temporarily while you test the lot again.

Please let me know what happens. I'd like to help if I can.

~*~stephanie~*~

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 8:41 PM Last edited by Deadhart : 23rd Dec 2011 at 10:50 PM.
I actually tried both versions, with and without helicopter. I guess I'll try removing all CC temporarily like you suggested. Uh. Moving 4GB will be interesting. I think I'll create a custom hood for this test, because the hood I'm using it is stuffed with custom skyscrapers. Thanks for the rapid feedback, Stephanie!

**EDIT**
Okay looks like the problem is on my side, because without any CC installed, the lot worked without any problems. I tried throwing it into my lot bin after loading it without CC but nothing changed. I guess I should get rid of all furniture and then furnish the thing myself, it will be a pain but it's my only hope.

**EDIT Mk.II**
So it was indeed a piece of the furniture that caused the problem. I bet it was some decoration - I have a lot of these. Well, hunting that rogue CC down is practically an impossible task and refurnishing this behemoth will take hours and hours. But oh well, at least I'll be able to enjoy this incredible masterpiece of a lot. Thanks for all the quick and useful feedback, and for this awesome mansion of pure awesomeness, Stephanie!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 4:27 PM Last edited by StephSim : 26th Dec 2011 at 1:41 PM.
Thanks for letting me know Deadhart. I appreciate the feedback.

Yes. That was the next thing...How to find rogue CC.

Since the conflict may also be with Build Mode Maxis objects (i've had it be between a user counter and a Maxis window), I'm not sure redecorating will resolve your problem.

Finding conflicts between two user objects is easier to do than when a conflict is with a Maxis object. I suspect the conflict is indeed between a Maxis object and a User Created Object (not between two user objects) because the game crashed when you loaded a lot where I used no CC. The only way I know of to find the rogue file is the process of elimination.

I like to isolate the files beforehand to cut it down to a few hundred (or less) instead of a few thousand. I remove all objects and put them back in alphabetically (about 100 or so at a time with newly download objects being more suspect than ones I used for ages) to see if the game still won't allow me in the lot.

When I get it down to a few suspect files, I use Sim PE to check it (or moreso I get the hubby to use Sim PE to help try to isolate the file... ) If it reveals nothing, then my hubby typically checks the GUID numbers using Sim PE, by recording the GUID numbers of the suspect files, removing the suspect files from the game and running the GUID numbers of the suspect files through SIM PE to see if a Maxis/EA object pops up that shares the same GUID with the suspect files.

Unfortunately, if you have 4 GB of CC in your game, the task will be daunting. But, the alternative is to play a game where all CC becomes suspect or to lose the ability to freely play the game. Unfortunately, rogue CC can make people resent CC altogether. But for me...CC makes the game more personal as we can use what we like. Unfortunately, lots often get blamed for ruining peoples games when inevitably, it typically is one or two rogue files. But that's another personal battle ) ...

OPTIONS

#1 - Here is a link to Sim PE stuff regarding GUID conflicts:

#2 - The only other program I've read that others have a bit of success with isolating rogue CC is Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility (HCDU) found:
It's under the Sims 2 Tab on left panel, then Programs in the right panel..second listing.

Since I'm not familiar with Paladin's program, I can only recommend using Sim PE. But, the choice is there.

Hope this helps.

Oh...One more thing...I also highly suggest updating Sims2Pack Clean Installer to the latest version. That's my new bag for anyone who uses CC as the latest version allows lots to be loaded that contain CC that contain non-alphanumeric characters (which to us lot builders who create with CC is a major Godsend).

Do take care, thank you for the compliment and good luck whatever you decide to do.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 1:53 AM
thank you