Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
There is a hack to get rid of the plumbobs without using cheats from Ja Rivera-it's listed in the Best finds section of the site. Unfortunately, that site is gone..but I still have the file. I think that Ja did reopen her site somewhere else, according to GOS.
Will try to find the link for it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?whby5s8elj34c Scroll down to NO PLUMBOBS

Her new site:

http://ja-viera.livejournal.com/

I've been using it for ages, I only wish someone would make one that got rid of the skilling things too.

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 9:57 PM
I wouldn't live without it, that's for sure!
Thanks for the link to her new site!
#28 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 10:04 PM
I added the pet ones just now as I remember those same ones will work for apartment room-mates as well. Which considering how stupid they are is a life saver.

About the aliases ones, are those just the code words you enter in the cheat box for those cheats instead of having to type out the whole thing? and are there certain words u have to use for each one or can you make those up yourself? there seems to be some variety for those cheats as to what words are used.

I didn't even know that file could be editable so i'm really new to this lol.
Site Helper
#29 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 10:44 PM
Yes, an alias is just a new word for an existing cheat. The alias is made up by the individual, which is why there are so many different aliases for the same cheat.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liv Lukas
Bwinney, you can start with mine and then modify it to your tastes. I've attached it to this post.

I appreciate it but apparently I don't have the right program to open the file. I think I'm going to just try again. I swear I spelled everything right but, who knows!

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#31 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bwinney43
I appreciate it but apparently I don't have the right program to open the file. I think I'm going to just try again. I swear I spelled everything right but, who knows!

There is no right programme because the file extension is 'cheat' which isn't recognised by anything. Just right-click on the file and choose 'open with ...' and then select Notepad. That's how you open the file.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#32 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
There is no right programme because the file extension is 'cheat' which isn't recognised by anything. Just right-click on the file and choose 'open with ...' and then select Notepad. That's how you open the file.

I feel like an idiot. I think I'm just having an off day.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 9:43 PM Last edited by inu300988 : 16th Feb 2012 at 11:32 PM.
I tried anyway, but I cannot operate the cheats.
Download the file (UserStartup.cheat) from this thread, but does not work.
How I can fix it?

Here is my file:
Attached files:
File Type: rar  userStartup.rar (353 Bytes, 37 downloads) - View custom content
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 10:40 PM
Can anyone help me with this it isn't working and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Ive attached some pictures in case I missed out on something.

This is the correct filename that it should be correct?

Site Helper
#35 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 1:37 AM
It looks like you have a file named userstartup.cheat.txt. You need a file named userstartup.cheat.

You'll need to change your windows explorer settings to show you the file extensions, so that you can rename your file to remove the extraneous .txt file extension.
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 1:42 AM Last edited by Liv Lukas : 30th Mar 2012 at 2:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by inu300988
I tried anyway, but I cannot operate the cheats.
Download the file (UserStartup.cheat) from this thread, but does not work.
How I can fix it?

Here is my file:

The first set of commands, the -prop commands, must be correct or the file will not see anything past the incorrect command. As far as I know, "intProp SeeThem 231" is not a true command.

Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Can anyone help me with this it isn't working and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Ive attached some pictures in case I missed out on something.

This is the correct filename that it should be correct?

I think the problem is you have to turn testing cheats on before you can use the other boolprop commands in the first section of your cheat list.

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

So, that must be in the first line. I am not SURE of this, but I *THINK* that is the problem.

Figured it out. Looking at your first photo, you have not made the file a CHEAT file. You need to show file extensions:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...name-extensions

You will see that your file is named UserStartup.cheat.txt delete the .txt part.

Edit: Mootilda beat me to it!

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#37 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 11:40 AM
As far as I know, "intProp SeeThem 231" is not a true command.

Yeah, I was wondering what that was meant to be. I was peering at these but I see you and Mootilda are too quick for me. Job saved anyway.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Scholar
#38 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 8:56 PM
Wow this thread is mighty helpful for my storytelling sims...thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 9:08 PM
So I got the file to work the only thing is the shortcuts aren't really working am I doing something wrong?
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 10:14 PM
So you are opening the cheat panel ctrl/shift/c and entering in mon, for example for moveobjects on and then trying to place a chair in the same space as another chair, for example, and the game is not letting you place that chair?

Trying to get what you mean by "not really working". Like exactly what is not working?

Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 10:24 PM
So you are opening the cheat panel ctrl/shift/c and entering in mon, for example for moveobjects on and then trying to place a chair in the same space as another chair, for example, and the game is not letting you place that chair?

Trying to get what you mean by "not really working". Like exactly what is not working?

Yeah well I was trying to move a bed with a sim on it and that cheat usually works and when I typed in 'mon' it wouldn't do anything so I had to type out the whole cheat.

But the other start up cheat works because I can turn my furniture 45 degrees.
Test Subject
#42 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=maxon]alias ` "Pause" "Pause the game"[QUOTE]

Wow that's awesome! Sims 1 always had ` as the pause button next to the numbers for different speeds and it has always bugged me that with Sims 2 you had to move your hand! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 1:44 AM
[QUOTE=CandyFluff][QUOTE=maxon]alias ` "Pause" "Pause the game"
Quote:

Wow that's awesome! Sims 1 always had ` as the pause button next to the numbers for different speeds and it has always bugged me that with Sims 2 you had to move your hand! Thanks!

Am I the only who uses the number keys for pausing and fast forwarding?
0=Pause, 1-1st speed, etc etc.
Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Yeah well I was trying to move a bed with a sim on it and that cheat usually works and when I typed in 'mon' it wouldn't do anything so I had to type out the whole cheat.

But the other start up cheat works because I can turn my furniture 45 degrees.

Well, I'm stumped then because I can see nothing wrong with your cheat list. :-(

Also, I've never understood why one puts alias ` "Pause" "Pause the game" in the file as that is not in my file and I've been able to use that key for pausing since base game. I use the plus the 1 and 2 key for the different speeds.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#45 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 11:14 AM
Also, I've never understood why one puts alias ` "Pause" "Pause the game" in the file as that is not in my file and I've been able to use that key for pausing since base game.

It seems to work for American games but here in the UK it doesn't. It might be something to do with key-mapping on European keyboards. Unfortunately, I've never got that cheat to work either.

Test Subject
#46 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 12:18 PM
I have a UK game and laptop, but an American keyboard after an unfortunate orange juice spilling incident
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 9:21 PM Last edited by mr_db1 : 4th Apr 2012 at 9:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
This one, intprop maxnumofvisitingsims 40, supposedly affects the number of sims that can be invited to parties and how many can be on community lots at a time.

In my game, though, 8 is the maximum number of party invitees I get, even with this in my startup cheat file, so my info is obviously wrong or incomplete.

in reply to the part I underlined in the quote, yes partly wrong.

you might say "hey that is the same text", but it is not.

because intprop and boolprop cheats are case sensitive
your original line: -> intprop maxnumofvisitingsims 40 is not right

the line should read: -> IntProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 40

at least according to my info it should
I never tested if it works yet
but typing it into the cheat-bar if you type it all lowercase it expans the bar to more lines to show you the error with a cheat-code
and typing it like my bold line here, with capitals in the right places, just results in a normal close the cheat-bar action
so I assume that would work correctly

remove me from your history, I'm not interrested in this site anymore
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#48 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 10:33 PM
I think that's an Internet myth Mr db - the game is written in C or C+ (or similar, I'm hardly an expert) and, apparently, does not recognise upper and lower case as being different.

Site Helper
#49 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 10:49 PM
C and C++ are both capable of recognizing case; it just depends upon whether the programmer used case-sensitive or case-insensitive commands. Usually, case-insensitive commands are more user-friendly.

Some people say that their cheats only work when they have the right case... it can't hurt to try.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 12:39 AM
None of the cheats I've typed into the in-game window have needed to include capital letters, so I wouldn't think it would be necessary in the userstartup.cheat file either. But like Mootilda says, can't hurt to try. Thanks.
Page 2 of 5