Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 3:40 AM
All I did with the Critturs was put them in with some old guy living in Belladonna Cove. Then I grew bored and cheated him by setting "Set To Birthday" and he turned out that he could live up to 109 days old. Spooky, isn't it?

When he died the Critturs were taken by the police. And I never played them again. The end.

P.S. They were badly trained? What a rip off. ...But it says they were strays so...I guess that works. (Although that would be annoying...so my advice is to ignore them--they're kinda boring.)

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvSims2011
P.S. They were badly trained? What a rip off. ...

I don't see it that way at all. I believe they were intended to be a fun challenge. Sort of a "training tool" so players could learn the tricks for keeping pets happy.

Problem is, a lot of players don't seem inclined to get to know the Critturs, miss the fact that they've got some bad habits, and when they have trouble, neglect to see if they can find out why. I put that on the player - not the devs.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 4:21 AM
I played the Critturs all the way through the Sarah's birth; her puppies ended up being assigned a random father instead of Danny.

Do you guys get that parentage glitch a lot, too? For example, Samantha Ottomas and Brandi Broke both start the game as pregnant, and they clearly have a designated partner (or former partner), but their babies come out with a completely random dad. It drives me mad! DX

Please check out my Challenge Blog: http://thesimmingfrog.blogspot.com/

Ongoing Challenges: Test of Time (TOT), Post-Apocalyptic BACC (PABACC)
Finished Challenges: Bachelor, Try to Survive

Check out my TOT Family Trees!
Forum Resident
#29 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight_frog
Do you guys get that parentage glitch a lot, too? For example, Samantha Ottomas and Brandi Broke both start the game as pregnant, and they clearly have a designated partner (or former partner), but their babies come out with a completely random dad. It drives me mad! DX

Really? That's a well-known glitch for the Ottomas twins that's fixed by the Seasons patch (but not retroactively for Ottomas families that have already been loaded up by the game). Never had it happen with Brandi (though her third child isn't properly linked to Skip's genetics, that's true) nor the Critturs.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 4:30 AM
Well, the patch clearly didn't fix that family. :[

Please check out my Challenge Blog: http://thesimmingfrog.blogspot.com/

Ongoing Challenges: Test of Time (TOT), Post-Apocalyptic BACC (PABACC)
Finished Challenges: Bachelor, Try to Survive

Check out my TOT Family Trees!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 5:01 AM
The problem with the borked parentage of Sarah's puppies is, from what I understand (albeit only vaguely) exactly the same as the Ottomas glitch, which is a bit of a misnomer. The borkedness is a Pets EP issue that somehow affects pregnant sims, whomever they may be. It's only the "Ottomas Glitch" because the Ottomas family contains a pregnant sim, as does the Crittur family. (So it could be called the "Crittur Glitch, but that would be just as much a misnomer.)

Regarding whether or not the patch fixes Sarah Crittur's puppies' parentage, I assume the same rules applies as to whether or not it will fix Samantha's twins' parentage. Namely, the patch has to be applied before any neighborhoods are loaded after Pets is installed.
Site Helper
#32 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 5:09 AM
That's right. The patch fixes the neighborhood template. It can't fix any of your existing save games.
Test Subject
#33 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 9:48 PM
Everytime I play them it's such a pain! They need a Sim to stay at home only to teach them how to behave, and, when they finally learn stuff, their puppies are born, and the chaos starts again
The problem is I get very attached to Sims and pets, so I hate giving the puppies up to adoption or selling them. I mean, it's so sad!! They are meant to live with their parents and siblings, right??
So, for now I'm leaving them in the Family Bin, though I feel bad for them anyway. Maybe someday I will find a nice family with a lot of time to spare
I thought about putting them with the Oldies, but I was scared of them dying and leaving all those dogs to their adopted kids, that will be teenagers by the time they are gone to Sim Heaven, making it impossible for them to go to college without leaving the poor Critturs by their own luck again
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 6:42 AM
In my game I moved them in with the Oldies . Danny (the male dog) learned to eat pet food . Surprisingly the whole neighborhood loves the Critturs and their puppies . They got adopted by other people very quick . Only Danny is left with the Oldies .

P.S-- Sarah(the female dog) still does not eat pet food. Buzz Grunt is not going to give up though .
Page 2 of 2