Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hogwarts - School of witchcraft and wizardry

by trench Posted 3rd Mar 2012 at 2:03 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2012 at 6:53 PM by trench : Changes made. Noticed some minor mistakes on the lot and therefore I corrected them and updated the .rar file as well.

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 2:39 PM
half a year?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 3:03 PM
It looks really good and true to the story. great job!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 3:47 PM
Wow! The reason why no one made a Hogwarts yet is all the work that would go into it. You did it! Thank you for working so hard for a half a year.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annacapp
half a year?

I started building it half a year ago. I had to have long breaks from it due to not having time to spend on the computer. So, I didn't literally work on it every day or even every week for half an year
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:12 PM
Harry potter :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:26 PM
Love the floating candles in the great hall! Awesome work and wow 1/2 a year, that is dedication!! Amazing Creation!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:50 PM
Thank you very much, I love the series and love your version of Hogwarts.
Inventor
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 6:16 PM
I've seen some Hogwarts builds online, some of them are pretty good - I like yours too. You really did a great job on this one.

I'd never dare to build something like that, I wouldn't even be able to finish this within a year... working every day on it. lol. I'm a slow builder - and I couldn't have resisted to make this a community lot with school rabbit hole and a tomb-like adventue included. Guess I'd build my whole life on that...

Not sure about the placement but I guess the location is called 7224 Cherrywood Drive in English - seems to be the same location I build my Santa's Secret Village on.

Sorry for the long post. I actually just wanted to say: great job - thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 6:31 PM
Wow amazing! I'm impressed
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
I've seen some Hogwarts builds online, some of them are pretty good - I like yours too. You really did a great job on this one.

I'd never dare to build something like that, I wouldn't even be able to finish this within a year... working every day on it. lol. I'm a slow builder - and I couldn't have resisted to make this a community lot with school rabbit hole and a tomb-like adventue included. Guess I'd build my whole life on that...

Not sure about the placement but I guess the location is called 7224 Cherrywood Drive in English - seems to be the same location I build my Santa's Secret Village on.

Sorry for the long post. I actually just wanted to say: great job - thank you for sharing.

Thank you! I saw that your Santa's Secret Village is indeed on the same lot and I will add the address on the placement tips.

Also no problem at all, the post wasn't too long
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 8:50 PM
This is truly an amazing piece of work!! Thanks so much for all the effort you put into it! I can't wait to play. This is by far the best Hogwarts that I have ever seen! Now I can finally play a real Harry Potter related game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 11:54 PM
thanks! Love it!
dodgy builder
#14 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 12:11 AM
I did wonder how this was going. Now you'r finished. Great job. I bet you love being finished finally
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:43 AM
This is just fantastic. Wonderful work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 5:36 AM
Thank you all for the comments!

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I bet you love being finished finally

Hehe, I sure do. Especially the playtesting took me forever since my computer is pretty slow and it took a very long time to switch between play and buy modes. I'm glad that I got it finished eventually. On some phases it looked like it would never be finished.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 7:30 PM
That's an insane amount of work. You're crazy... Crazy Cool.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 12:20 AM
amazing, I love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 9:26 PM
Hey, How do i Place the House in the City? I mean where you recommend.

Thanks, and Keep the good work up!
Really great work!
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 9:33 PM
Ok, so I'm having a bit of trouble finding the lot. I know I installed the file properly and extracted it to the correct place but it's not showing up in my game. Any ideas?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 9:40 PM
I know now how to do it. I looked this Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvNVkIjOncU

Vamporegirl2: Follow that also and see how to place out the house. And such
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:43 AM
@hyldran0: Thanks! I'm glad that you managed to get the problem solved.

@vampiregirl2: If you follow the install instructions, the lot should show up in your game in edit town mode on the empty lots list. I would give you more specific instructions on this but I can't remember exactly where the list of empty (both EA and CC) lots are located and I don't have access to my game at the moment. It should work like any other lot.

I will post you a better guide to do this if it's still required once I get back home so I can check where the lot is located in my game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:53 AM
Beautiful Job!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 2:53 AM
I don't have WA, but I would download this if I did. It looks exquisite, and I love the detail you went into, it really makes it look fantastic. Thanks so much for this! (:
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:14 AM
This is so wonderful! I just want to leave a comment and tell you how much I appreciate your Hogwarts version. I have seen others that are aesthetically similar to the movie castle, some are really huge and some broken into smaller parts, even versions according to the books. Unlike the others, your version does not sacrifice function at all by the looks of the floor plan. It definitely looks like a bunch of HP sims can actually live in it!

I'm not playing sims 3 at the moment, but your creation just might convince me to switch for a while (again), so I can play with this castle.
Page 1 of 3