Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 12:45 PM Last edited by tizerist : 7th Apr 2012 at 7:06 PM.
I kind of found a solution. See below.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 7:04 PM Last edited by tizerist : 7th Apr 2012 at 7:27 PM.
We could definately do with a fence that looks like a wall to cut down 2/3 of that gap, but from what I've seen there isn't any.

So I attempted to cover the gap with a large deco object and a few chunky pillars. The 3-tile gap is now a mere peephole. I personally would be quite content with this workaround. It's only a small gap, and it looks just like a small window or something. Plus the bright orange floor makes it look worse than it would normally.

Here's the other side (Inside). A simple bit of clutter here will make it better. Also you can see here the rugs zelda101 was talking about, but these are non-CASTable.

What does it look like in hood view though? Pretty good.

I think if zelda101 builds the lots in LadyAngua's hood, using this technique, we can do it.
It only requires 2 peices of CC, too.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#28 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 7:28 PM
Someone should actually make a wall out of CC, but no one will.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#29 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Someone should actually make a wall out of CC, but no one will.

Honestly though, this workaround works well. Because cruise ships are so large, a small detail like this peephole is practically unnoticeable.

Matrix, you're a good builder. Do you think you could have a try?

#BlairWitchPetition
Mad Poster
#30 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 11:25 PM
I have (when you PMed me) and it turned out really bad.

I have a world ready for boat building if anyone wants it. It's just water with blue terrain, but it counts.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#31 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 1:46 AM
Looks awesome! Would make a great vacation world! Cant wait to see the finished product! Good job and keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
@Lady Angua, does the water go into the floor of the ship? because that could be a problem. You might also have routing problem on your hands if there are no roads, and the sims cant go to other lots.

Also, this feels like it belongs more if CFF than here...

Riptide is right the all water terrain causes too many routing problems. While sims have no trouble ignoring the water ON the lots They get stuck off lot even if there are pathways.Also I was annoyed to find out sims won't autonomously use the subway stations . Oh well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 3:09 AM
What exactly is ..CCF? I'm not usually used to any of these forums and uploading mainly because I suck and editing them, and they never approve anything I do. haha..
But Thats great! Thanks guys for the support though.

That makeshift wall and rugs look great, are they colourable to the same textures as the walls? Also, how high can the walls go? I ask this because for my 1st floor is the height of three floors as an illusion, or maybe I could use granthes' OMSP object to make it higher. I've been using it to make the columns appear as the ship's poles in the front and back. Is that a cc that you found online or did you or someone just make it?

Oh and to correct my previous error, it's not entirely furnished. I was talking about the deck so far and I'm still correcting my errors and remodeling and refurnishing. :/
Theorist
#34 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zelda101
That makeshift wall and rugs look great, are they colourable to the same textures as the walls? Also, how high can the walls go? I ask this because for my 1st floor is the height of three floors as an illusion, or maybe I could use granthes' OMSP object to make it higher.

The deco wall and the pillars are both CASTable. The wall covers about 90% of what a regular wall would. If you use pillars then you can cover about 95% of it, leaving the little hole in the pictures. The rug is not CASTable, but it looks ok.
I dunno if the OMSP will raise it higher. I got a feeling it won't though.

I made it shiftable (like a painting) in S3PE but then it means I can't move it off-the-grid with alt button anymore. Grrr.

#BlairWitchPetition
Forum Resident
#35 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 6:28 AM
Can we get an update on he ship? And shouldnt this be in CFF?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 4:56 AM
Default Updated
So as for an update I've been working on the ship, sorta. I've built a small sample of the ship onto one of Bridgeport's empty downtown lots (near city hall on the grassy lot). Though its pretty small, I was just trying to figure out ways to modify the grand staircase apart from the ship. Here it is. It's a way better upgrade from where I was before. It's far more accurate to the real thing now.

this is before:
And the uploaded pictures are how its going to look now.
Now:

I managed to make it an "T" shape like stairs using the constrainfloorelevation tool. And though its just a sample I could just upload it on here if you guys want.. It's just of the boat deck, staircase, elevators. And the reception room is the ground floor where you enter from. I know the images arent that great, I was in the middle of editing the lot further when it crashed/debug'd on me. So I'm giving up until tomorrow.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#37 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 12:37 PM
zelda101, if you want feedback on something you plan to upload to MTS, you should start a thread in the Creator Feedback forum, which you can access by clicking Create> Creator Feedback at the top of the page.

If you just want to show images of what you have created, please use the Community> Sim Creativity> Sim Pictures forum.

As the discussion in this thread was on the lines of 'how do we make several lots appear as one huge lot', this was moved to the building forum, so please keep any discussion here now to that topic.
dodgy builder
#38 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 2:02 PM
To make the water effect you could use waterpaint, and just let the water flood parts of the basement of the house. Probably a combination of those two would be best. Then you would have access for your sims, and how does houses on water work in this game? You could just make an invisible eyeland inside the boat to give you routable terrain in there. I don't know much about lots borders. You probably need a modder for that. How high are those walls?
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 1:44 PM
I have built Mini Queen Mary in Sims 3:

And Queen Elizabeth 2 (pic is a bit small):

Is it good??
Forum Resident
#40 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zelda101
So as for an update I've been working on the ship, sorta. I've built a small sample of the ship onto one of Bridgeport's empty downtown lots (near city hall on the grassy lot). Though its pretty small, I was just trying to figure out ways to modify the grand staircase apart from the ship. Here it is. It's a way better upgrade from where I was before. It's far more accurate to the real thing now.

this is before:
And the uploaded pictures are how its going to look now.
Now:

I managed to make it an "T" shape like stairs using the constrainfloorelevation tool. And though its just a sample I could just upload it on here if you guys want.. It's just of the boat deck, staircase, elevators. And the reception room is the ground floor where you enter from. I know the images arent that great, I was in the middle of editing the lot further when it crashed/debug'd on me. So I'm giving up until tomorrow.

THe grand staircase is beautiful!!
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 6:04 AM
Well for the routing problems caused by the sims stuck on the lot, if you have lots on land you could link dive wells. From what the testingcheatsenabled true cheat tells me, NPCs are supposed to be able to use them.

Simsample, matrix, any ideas?

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Theorist
#42 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:18 PM
Subway rugs would be more realistic than dive wells, but if the top open-air floor has a strip of land inbetween the lots, none of that would be necessary.

#BlairWitchPetition
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 5:25 PM
You could make it seem as if it were in port, and make a strip of land to look like a walkway to a port, which is very buildable.

GTA V
Theorist
#44 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:12 PM
^ ^ I think if it's in port, the feeling of being on a cruise is lost.

#BlairWitchPetition
Site Helper
#45 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 5:13 PM
I have AM, and I put a teleporter pad outside my house. Soon I began seeing a steady stream of sims coming by the front yard to use the teleporter. I don't know if it was AM pushing more logical behavior or not, but I can vouch for the fact that under those conditions everybody including the paper girl can use it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
You could make it seem as if it were in port, and make a strip of land to look like a walkway to a port, which is very buildable.

Yeah that could work, just imagine a flat neighborhood, with plains, and the lot could be on a shoreline along an ocean. That way the ship could be on port on one side, and the otherside could create an illusion that it's at sea. Just a thought for now. I don't have any updates right now, but I'll post pictures tonight or tomorrow on the progress.
dodgy builder
#47 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:29 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 29th Apr 2012 at 10:24 PM.
I'm just throughing in a couple of wild suggestion here. I was just looking at some youtube videos, and had some ideas.

1. You could separate the boat from the ground if that's interesting by building a floor below what would be your lowest level, and then remove it, just to get the ground away from the boat.
2. Another option is to make room with windows or something to create the illusion of no room. I don't know if you could make that below the water?
3. I don't know if you could try the peeking basement trick to do that? You still have to make the water flow high though, or make another illusion.

I had a go at it this morning, now I'm off to make coffie, video.

My first go at Flickr, it had to be a slideshow. How do I link pictures from flickr to use here?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/795949...923983245/show/
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 1st May 2012 at 2:14 AM
With the water you could make it look like it's sinking, just an outlandish idea.

If you do the flat neighborhood, you could have a really industrial area.

GTA V
Test Subject
#49 Old 3rd May 2012 at 1:58 PM
Im also working on this ship ! i have a few pics on this project here : http://simsalamalin.blogspot.se/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 4th May 2012 at 7:13 PM
Default Update
So as for an update, I've been pretty busy, and now I finally have time free to play the game!! And to make things better, I just seen Titanic last night!

So this is the farthest I've gotten so far, and I'm going to start posting my work more now.

This is the ship so far. It's about 3/4 done on the exterior. I just have to figure out how to work on the stern, since its rounded a bit.

And to focus on the lot being underwater, we would have this problem and this picture also shows the gaps.

There will be wanderers walking to the lots from random places. I know if the whole lot and neighborhood is underwater that would be a problem.

I'll post more exteriors on here soon, or should I post updates in a different thread? I'm still new here. haha..
Screenshots
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Please see last post
Page 2 of 6