Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Karaoke Builds Charisma (NL and/or AL)

by Neder Posted 16th May 2012 at 11:29 PM - Updated 29th Jun 2012 at 10:59 PM by Neder

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th May 2012 at 11:59 PM
Brilliant, Neder! This arrangement makes so much more sense than the way Maxis originally designed the karaoke machines. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th May 2012 at 2:26 AM
Sweet! I was hoping for something like this--it makes realistic sense! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th May 2012 at 3:21 AM
I could not agree more. Based on my Karaoke experience, my creativity is low (Not very good at singing) but my charisma is high (I do put on a good show).

One thing I noticed in the description ...

but I left the "quality" of the performance (the audio that plays) based on Charisma

I think you meant to put Creativity here

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th May 2012 at 6:45 AM
Yay! Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th May 2012 at 7:59 AM
This is great! Thank you!
Banned
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th May 2012 at 11:49 AM
Thanks, this does make much more sense than the other way.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th May 2012 at 12:00 PM
Oh yes! Running up the equipment and jumping off is definitely more charisma than creativity. And charismatic sims singing awful but still getting cheers IS hilarious.
I only feel bad for the creative sims with low charisma. I guess there's no way to make the audience still cheer if the creativity is high? It's true, though, some people have a great voice but can't put it on the stage.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th May 2012 at 12:18 PM
Yes!! This is awesome, Charisma really is a chore to build and if like me you only ever remember to put mirrors up when creating bathrooms it's also rather annoying.

Thanks for this =).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th May 2012 at 5:15 PM
Thanks this one! It's better than watching my sims talking to themselves in the mirror. :P
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th May 2012 at 9:25 PM
Very clever. Charisma-building is indeed challenging compared to creativity, and this will help. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th May 2012 at 2:08 AM
Brilliant idea. Finally someone understands performance!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th May 2012 at 10:44 AM
This is great and makes much more sense. I have an unrelated question for you that I didn't know where to ask: are you sharing your Simlish font somewhere? I need more unique simlish fonts for a project and yours look awesome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th May 2012 at 2:39 AM
100% Agree - Thanks for making Charisma more enjoyable to gain.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th May 2012 at 10:21 AM
When I first used the AL mic I actually thought it would build charisma. Thank you so much for this mod. Now I won't have to force my toddler to play with that creepy rabbit all the time because later on in their lives building charisma skill is gonna be much less fun.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th May 2012 at 3:37 PM
Thank you for yet another sensible mod. Now charisma building can be fun, too, both for Sims and players!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 19th May 2012 at 6:28 PM
What a great idea, and makes so much sense! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 19th May 2012 at 7:10 PM
OH THANK YOU.. I love the karaoke interactions, they crack me up! I hate building charisma with mirrors because it's so slow and annoying even with vegetable juice in autumn -- (unless I cheat and give them career rewards podiums or bookshelf, faster but still annoying).

Theorist
THANKS POST
#19 Old 20th May 2012 at 1:23 PM
What a great idea! I love it, thanks for sharing.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th May 2012 at 5:14 PM
How cute and funny! (I don't know how charismatic it is in real life when your audience's ears hurt, but what they hey! ) Good job!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#21 Old 27th May 2012 at 2:09 AM
This is a fantastic idea, but the AL microphone version doesn't seem to work for me. The message says my sim has gained charisma skill, but looking at his skill points he has actually gained creativity.

The NL karaoke machine gains charisma skill just fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th May 2012 at 3:01 AM Last edited by Neder : 27th May 2012 at 3:37 AM.
Hm. I'll check it out, fanseelamb. I've been using a combined version (that I split for upload) for like a year now without that problem, but I may have accidentally overwritten something.
EDIT: Sorry, fanseelamb. I pulled my version, deleted groups cache and started up with only the AL version directly from the uploaded zip and my sim gained charisma just fine.
I don't know what the issue could be.
Was the mic stand already in game when you installed the mod? Maybe deleting and re-buying it might be necessary.Other than that, I don't know what to tell you and I hope it's not affecting others as well. I'll upload the combined version anyway, since that may be more convenient for many people.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#23 Old 27th May 2012 at 4:03 AM Last edited by fanseelamb : 17th Jun 2012 at 1:39 AM.
That is indeed strange. It was a brand new microphone I used. Added it to the house just to gain my sims some charisma points. I will try the combined version though, since I'm using both anyway.

ETA: Turns out this mod works perfectly, and was just conflicting with another mod in my game. I don't know which mod it's conflicting with but it's definitely a conflict. Sorry for any trouble I might've caused!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 10:13 PM
I downloaded this when it was first put up, but now I wanted to come back and say how awesome it is to watch in-game. As a performer myself, I agree that in some venues it IS your performance and not necessarily your talent that gets you cheers. (Alas, not so much in my own venue, which is primarily classical music...but when I do improvisational jazz, it's a little different. I can do a bit of "shining." ) If this were not the case, most of the pop stars, past and present, wouldn't have gotten where they are/were. (Yes, Madonna, I'm looking at you. ) Although of course it's a happy collision when a performer is both a "performer" AND highly talented to boot.

So anyway, all that said, it's nice that my game reflects this a little now. (And of course, it's GREAT to have another way to build charisma; creativity is far too over-represented, IMO.) I do agree with the person who said that it'd be nice if highly talented but not necessarily charismatic Sims could still get cheers, but I imagine the game's programming wouldn't allow for it, and I'm happier with this set-up.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you, again, for this. Sometimes it's little fixes like this that just make my day/game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 5:54 PM
Awesome! I like how it still uses Creativity also.
Page 1 of 2