Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:03 AM
Very nice, Tunifish! I just want to point out that from my admittedly limited experience the axes seem to depend on the rotation of an individual bone from its parent and maybe from the root bone. In the tut when I moved on the Y axis the ears moved more forward than up, and PharaohHound had the same experience with horses.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:22 AM
Yeah. I noticed that too. This is just the very basic idea of what you will see for certain axis's (axi?) Lol.
Test Subject
#28 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 9:24 AM
Hi cmar, this is Heather from Equus-Sims (the one who started all the horse peen madness lol). I've created a slider for female horses to make them look preggers and was wondering if there was a way to make it so that it is not inherited. I have it so that it only shows up in adult females, however, once the female foals become adults, they look preggers since they inherited the slider value from their mother. I know that there are ways around this by just sliding it back before breeding, but thought it would be better if it might automatically do that. Don't know if there is a way to do this without scripting (which I have no idea how to do), but thought I would ask. Hope this question makes sense to you!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#29 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 3:15 PM
Hi, Heather! Yes, it makes total sense. There's no pregnant body shape in-game for animals? Can't say I'm really surprised. I assume you apply the slider manually when the horse is bred?

Unfortunately there's no way I know of to flag sliders as non-inheritable. IMO the only solution is a script, which could probably be made to automatically make the belly get gradually bigger during pregnancy and then return to normal. (can't say for sure since I'm on vacation away from my simming computer but pets use the same basic data structures as human sims so it should be possible.) If you understandably don't want to open the scripting can of worms yourself I'd like to take it on - a very interesting idea and the script shouldn't be difficult. In fact it's a bit similar to an idea I had for making teens gradually get taller as they age, so I could work on both.
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 3:37 PM Last edited by blondsplaypolo : 17th Aug 2012 at 5:30 PM.
Ah I was really hoping you might say something along those lines! I can send you my slider so you have all the bone deltas (I'm still tweaking it a little bit to get it just perfect). All of us as Equus would greatly appreciate it!!

EDIT: Here is the thread I created at Equus. It links to the download page. HERE
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#31 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 11:05 PM
Checked out the thread - looks great! I'll start working on it Tuesday after I get home. Assuming this all comes together as expected, I'd like to release the script here on MTS too. Also would be nice to apply it to cats and dogs - maybe someone could do a slider for them, or with your permission adapt the horse slider. They probably all use the same bones.
Test Subject
#32 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 4:25 AM
Thank you and yeah of course! I'm totally open to sharing
Test Subject
#33 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 9:58 AM
can you make a slider with multiple joints?? if yes, how?
Rubric Wrangler
#34 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 1:07 PM
Horse'sBeauty - Just add more joints in the Bonedelta Editor using the Add Entry button.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Test Subject
#35 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 6:03 PM
hehe, yes, i found out right after i posted the question XD!
Test Subject
#36 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 6:06 PM
i'm working on a slider for dressage horses, so that he has a bend neck, but... there are some issues, if they graze the head goes horizontal, a bit under the belly, or if they rear, the head goes into the body... is this fixable??
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 6:21 PM
(sorry for bad english )
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 7:05 PM
The only way I know of to fix the problem you mention would be to change the grazing and rearing animations.
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 7:57 PM
thanks, but i think i'll leave it like it is, it isn't that bad, (sorry i'm being so fickle)
look:

it isn't that bad
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 10:26 AM
yay! i got my own slider to work!:
Test Subject
#41 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 10:27 AM
dressage neck
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#42 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 1:22 PM
Nice work! But your image isn't showing up.

If no one has replyed to your comment, it's better to edit it instead of posting more comments that inflate and bump the thread.
Test Subject
#43 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 8:10 PM
oh i'm sorry
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 4:38 PM
Can custom sliders conflict with each other if they use the same bones?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#45 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blondsplaypolo
Can custom sliders conflict with each other if they use the same bones?

Only in the sense that they may add to each other's effect or cancel each other out, depending on what each one does. There are many game and custom sliders that use the same bones.

PS, l love your icon!
Test Subject
#46 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 5:30 AM
Yeah that's what I thought. Just having some issues with some of the ones I've been working on. For example, I'm creating 2 sliders for horse ears - one that changes the direction they face and they other that curves them slightly. Sometimes when I start the game up the curve slider acts like the direction slider making it completely over exaggerated. It seems to fix when I clear the cache, but seems a bit random as to when it does this. Hmm, maybe I messed up along the way for initially creating them or something?

Also another question, for each new slider do you have to individually change the FACE and FNBL values or could you export a copy of each and then replace it on another slider? Just curious... been going a little slider crazy the past week or so. O.o

And thanks, I thought the icon was pretty funny myself :P
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#47 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 2:30 PM
That's pretty strange, the thing about sliders randomly acting like other sliders. Quite a while ago I had an issue with Delphy's height slider when the short direction would randomly stop working or start acting like the tall direction. Seemed to only affect bidirectional sliders and I haven't heard of it happening for some time. Hard to say if this is something in the sliders themselves or something in the game. Could you upload a couple of sliders with this issue here or link me to them so I can take a look?

If I understand your second question correctly - you could export the FACE and BONE files and import them into another package with different Instance IDs. The FBLN data has to be altered - it contains a 'Namehash' field which links to the label text in the STBLs and identifies what text is used to label the slider in CAS.
Test Subject
#48 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 5:37 PM
Hey, i'm trying to get this effect (the ears turned forward), but wich bone should i use, in blender i use EarArea, but it doesn't show up in the bone delta editor?

EDIT: oh nevermind, i got it :D
Test Subject
#49 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 5:36 AM Last edited by blondsplaypolo : 31st Aug 2012 at 5:48 AM.
I've uploaded both of the ear sliders for you to take a look at. Thank you so much :lovestruc

@Horse's Beauty, FYI I've actually made this slider already. Just wanted to let you know before you take this on
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Heather's Ear Sliders.zip (2.1 KB, 19 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#50 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 6:57 PM
oww i made it already XD
Page 2 of 4