Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#51 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 1:33 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 1st Sep 2012 at 11:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by blondsplaypolo
I've uploaded both of the ear sliders for you to take a look at. Thank you so much :lovestruc

Heather, I've looked at your slider packages and everything seems perfect. I'm thinking possibly it's a 'number of sliders' problem - don't know if you and the others who've experienced this problem are using a mod to increase the limit. If not, it's possible patch 1.38 will solve the problem for now since it raises the EA limit from 20 to 25. In between updating my stuff for the patch, I'll be testing your sliders and trying to figure out whether the pet sliders are affected by the same mods as the human sliders - I couldn't find any separate settings for pet sliders and they're an extension of the human slider class (pardon the techie talk) so my feeling is they behave the same.

Edit: I think I found the problem. In the BOND, there's a TGI link in the RCOL data which appears to be meant to point to back to the BOND itself. Your ear direction slider BONDs have the TGI of the ear curve slider there, and the child ear direction BOND has the TGI of the adult BOND. (I think - I was fiddling around and may have gotten mixed up. The point is that some of the BONDs had the TGIs of other BONDs.) Previously the ear curve slider was acting like the ear direction slider, but after I used the S3PE Grid control to set each TGI in each BOND to point to itself, the two ear sliders started working correctly.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 3:20 AM
I'm sorry, I've been fiddling around with the BONDs, but I don't quite understand how to get them to point back to itself. Could you give me some simple instruction on how to do that? <3
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#53 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 7:21 PM
Sure!

1. Open the package with s3pe. (Duh.)

2. Highlight the BOND and look at the data in the right-hand section for the ChunkEntries. If the Instance ID of the ChunkEntries doesn't match the Instance ID of the BOND itself in the main listing, you need to edit the BOND.

3. Double-click the BOND to pop up the Resource Details window, with the TGI numbers. Copy the Instance ID.

4. Click the Grid button. In the Grid data window, expand the ChunkEntries and again expand the first (or usually only) ChunkEntries entry. Replace the Instance ID with the BOND ID you just copied. (You can also expand the TGI Block to get the Type, Group, and Instance listed separately.)

5. Repeat if there's more than one ChunkEntries, as in this example. (Your Broodmare Belly slider.) There's usually only one ChunkEntries, though. When done, click Commit and Save.

Hopefully this will fix the problem - let me know!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#54 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 5:25 PM
Thank you! This seems to be working for me so far. Just one more question though - Every time I go to edit the bone deltas of one of my sliders and then replace them in s3pe, the chunk entries change like what was seen in my ear and belly sliders. I can't seem to figure out why it is doing this. Would it be something I'm doing wrong in the delta editor or s3pe? Do you encounter these values changing when you replace the BONDs?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#55 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 7:14 PM
Most likely you're editing and importing a bone delta that already has this link built into it. Try exporting the bone delta after you've fixed it in s3pe, and then use that for adjusting your bone morphs.
Test Subject
#56 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 7:02 PM
Ok I see what I was doing now. Fixed it Thank you (AGAIN!)
Test Subject
#57 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 5:45 AM
Hello again! I've encountered something new. I've been working on a belly height slider and for some reason at the higher end of the slider, testicles begin to become visible on mares. Below is a picture of what I'm seeing. I'm not seeing any part of the sheath though. Do you know what would cause this? I've attached a copy of my slider if you feel like or have the time to mess around with this. <3

Attached files:
File Type: zip  Heather's Belly Height Slider.zip (991 Bytes, 16 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#58 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 4:45 PM
Poor mare! My stallion junk is assigned to the stomach (69%), pelvis (22%) and spine0 (8%) bones, so apparently it's raising less than the actual belly when you move the slider. The way to really fix this would be for me to assign it 100% to the belly, I guess. The other options may be for you to maybe decrease the vertical scale of the pelvis and/or raise the pelvis and spine just a tiny bit.
Test Subject
#59 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 10:32 PM
Thank you! I will try that
Test Subject
#60 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 11:37 PM Last edited by TDemo : 15th Oct 2012 at 12:48 AM.
I'm trying to make a cat height/size slider and i'm having some difficulty. I've been using spine0 and pelvis which increases the scale of the cat, but then half of the cat's body becomes clipped. So i'm unsure of what to try next... Do you have any suggestions? [EDIT] Nevermind I figured it out
Test Subject
#61 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 9:58 PM
Oh wow that's awesome! I'm definately going to try this. I'm trying to make a hell hound for the sims 3 and I want its tail to be really long and skinny, can I achieve this by creating a slider?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#62 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by black_lioness24
Oh wow that's awesome! I'm definately going to try this. I'm trying to make a hell hound for the sims 3 and I want its tail to be really long and skinny, can I achieve this by creating a slider?

I already made a tail length slider: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=476712
Test Subject
#63 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 1:25 PM
I can't get past the first part of this tutorial. I do my slider template set up then I click go and it says Unhandled Exception...it says it couldn't load type 'MadScience.StringHelpers' from assemble 'Mad.Science.Wrappers. Version=1.1.3662.22082. Culture=neutral. PublicKeyToken-null
Test Subject
#64 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 1:50 PM
Default Tail Slider
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I already made a tail length slider: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=476712

I would like the tail to be even longer then the maximim you put on here.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#65 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 1:51 PM
Did you extract all the files in the slider template program download into the same folder as the .exe file?
Test Subject
#66 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 3:57 PM
Did you extract all the files in the slider template program download into the same folder as the .exe file?

yes, everything's in the same folder.
oh and I've redownloaded everything three times now
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#67 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 5:44 PM
Do you have any other files for other programs in the same folder as the folder you extracted the template program into? That's the only other reason I can think of for you to get that error, which is caused by you either not having the right supporting .dll file available or having a conflicting one. BTW, do not extract more than one of Delphy's tools into the same folder - he has different helper classes for each one in .dll files with the same name.

You could use a slider limits hack like Master Controller, XCAS, or AwesomeMod to use my slider for even longer tails, but you may want to make your own so it doesn't go through the floor.
Test Subject
#68 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 6:50 PM
Do you have any other files for other programs in the same folder as the folder you extracted the template program into? That's the only other reason I can think of for you to get that error, which is caused by you either not having the right supporting .dll file available or having a conflicting one. BTW, do not extract more than one of Delphy's tools into the same folder - he has different helper classes for each one in .dll files with the same name.

You could use a slider limits hack like Master Controller, XCAS, or AwesomeMod to use my slider for even longer tails, but you may want to make your own so it doesn't go through the floor.

It worked! I gave it its own folder and it works! thank you so much! This makes me very happy I'm going to edit your slider first because I don't want the tail too much longer and see how that works and I might create my own.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#69 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 8:18 PM
I'm glad it's working! :D
Instructor
#70 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 3:12 PM
Time for another cat scale slider! ;D I downloaded one from some person at the Exchange (might be someone on here, too!) but it's all kinds of wonky. Since we have working horse size sliders and big dog size sliders there must be a way to create a non-wonky cat size slider. So ... I guess I'll try this tonight. 0_o
Might also try a small dog size slider since we really need some variety there. Oh, and a dog leg slider. Dachshunds, anyone? :D

Cmar, how's that dog junk coming along? *snickers*
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#71 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 11:00 PM
LOL - I have to take a break from making junk sometimes.
Instructor
#72 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 6:57 PM
Awwwwwwwww! ;D But yeah, I understand how this can be hard on the eyes. *snickers*

Alas, no working sliders yet. Gosh, I'm such a noob. But I'll get there. Someday!

P.s.: On a side note, I really think you should post your horse junk + script on MTS, too. Pets stuff tends to be scattered all across the web on various sites, and it's getting very hard to keep track of useful stuff. I'd really love for you to publish your Equus stuffs here, too! :D
Rubric Wrangler
#73 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 2:46 PM Last edited by PharaohHound : 13th Dec 2012 at 3:28 PM.
Just wanted to mention, the latest test version of S3PE no longer resets the gender values in the FACE. Super helpful (most of my problems with sliders not showing up have been caused by reset gender values)! :D

I've run into this problem a while ago, but it never really concerned me until now. Is there a way to make a slider which effects big and small dogs but not cats? I've tried changing the FBLN sort to 0x000C000 (which is what I get when both the small and large dog options are set to "true"), but it doesn't show up ingame for either. What I might end up doing (if I can't get the FBLN to cooperate) is "cheating" and making separate small/large dog sliders, then merge the packages.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Instructor
#74 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 7:18 AM
@PharaohHound

Cool, thanks! :D

As for the slider question, I'm afraid I don't have the answer. As Cmar stated, some of the options seem to imply that there is such a setting but I don't think it actually works. Why don't you give it a try and let us know what happens? It would be really stupid if the setting didn't do anything, but then ... EAxis (or more precisely the company they employed to create the Pets stuff, some of it is just completely wonky and horrible in a tech way). ;P

@ Everyone

On a side note, I'm still at a loss when it comes to the premade breeds, namely the corresponding .breed files. I would very much like to be able to replace those with non fugly breed templates but it doesn't work so far. :/
I'd also like to be able to edit/add fur shapes for both cats and dogs. Maybe someone would like to help me figure this out?
Instructor
#75 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 6:22 PM Last edited by Rockerduck : 21st Dec 2012 at 6:34 PM.
Just a quick note to let you know that the 'Create A Pet' Demo does indeed run with mods if you use the old framework method. Saves me a ton of time to test sliders that way as I'm working on them! :-)

There's also lots of interesting info in those *.package files ... cat slider, I will claim victory over thee! *shakes fist*
Page 3 of 4