Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pixie - Contacts and DEFAULT replacement eyes

by stefizzi Posted 7th Jun 2012 at 8:31 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2012 at 7:53 PM by stefizzi

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 9:13 PM
these are gorgeous! thank you! i will be trying the defaults out shortly
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 9:23 PM
I'm sorry to bother you but I'm not sure I understand how to download the defaults. Do I put the package files in the Packages folder or do I put them in the Mods folder next to Packages? And what do you mean remove it? Again, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, I've never downloaded default eyes before. I'd appreciate any help, thank you in advance
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 10:08 PM
dimplesandybanks, they go in Packages and if you don't want them anymore, remove them from Packages. All packages work this way except packages that override *other* packages, and those go in Overrides. There are instructions on this site if you don't understand how to use CC.

stefizzi , these are really beautiful, detailed and realistic. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 10:49 PM
bitterquill, thanks for your quick response. I do know how to use CC and have been for some time but as I put the default file in my Packages folder they don't seem to show up in my game. That's my problem, though, thanks for your advice And I forgot to say, the eyes are really nice, stefizzi, thanks for creating and sharing them
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:30 AM
^^Don't forget to delete your cache files AND your world cache files if you are using a non-EA world.

These are beautiful! So detailed! Thank you for creating and sharing these! Love 'em.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 5:27 AM
hmmm...these (defaults) caused my game to crash multiple times until I removed them. Maybe it's just my game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jillrp
hmmm...these (defaults) caused my game to crash multiple times until I removed them. Maybe it's just my game?

I actually use them in my game, and I also have forced other friends to testing out the default and the lenses for me. xD
All of we have NOT experienced any issue... Have you checked you have removed other default replacement from your game?
(I know this is a stupid question, but sometimes the solution is simple than it seem! Plus, I usually have a Mods folder that is a mess... )

Let me know if you find out what the problem really is, I do not want to cause any issue... Just fun!

S.

PS: Thank yoou very much for all your kind comments! <3

« What is simple in the moonlight,
by the morning never is. »
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 10:42 AM
I can't wait to give theses a go. They look very realistic and beautiful. Going to load up my game and give them a go. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 11:55 AM
I love your eyes so much! They capture the realism that I'm always trying so hard to find. And I normally do not leave comments, but I just had to. This and your Ayra eyes are beyond amazing. Well done Stefizzi.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 12:01 PM
Now look what you made me go and do. Change my default eyes again. These are very lovely and just the right size. I like the the two tone color, very nice touch and i can finally have a nice shade of brown eyes. Thank you. Wonderful eyes that makes your Sim look like there staring right at you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:44 PM
I have your contacts from your site. I just wanted to say here your yes are very nice. I just might change my defaults
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 4:11 PM
Your eyes are beyond words; they're so life-like, it's eerie and I can't pass them up. Thank you so much for sharing them!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 5:37 PM
Hi, Stefizzi! I LOVED the contacts you made, and I'm so happy to see them in default form now too. However, I'd love for there to be an alternate default option as you suggested, in which the default eyes are one single colour as opposed to the two-tone option. I personally like to have my defaults as a single colour and just use contacts to create two-tone eyes. I'm sure others disagree, however, and enjoy two-tone defaults, which is why I think it would be cool to have both available so people can choose what they like best. Anyway, excellent work! Thank you so much for sharing your CC.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 8:53 PM
Wow, they look so real!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stefizzi
I actually use them in my game, and I also have forced other friends to testing out the default and the lenses for me. xD
All of we have NOT experienced any issue... Have you checked you have removed other default replacement from your game?
(I know this is a stupid question, but sometimes the solution is simple than it seem! Plus, I usually have a Mods folder that is a mess... )

Let me know if you find out what the problem really is, I do not want to cause any issue... Just fun!

S.

PS: Thank yoou very much for all your kind comments! <3

Yeah, I did remove the other defaults first. It's probably just my computer...it's been a little screwy lately.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 9:52 PM
Loved them; have had another set of defaults for a while now and was happy until I saw yours and decided it was time for a change. Tested them in game and they are great, no problems; I am patched to 1.34
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 4:42 AM
These are beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing You know, one of these days I'll be making my own S3 eyes. Ooh, I should read some tutorials and learn how... Meh, I'll do it some other time.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 10:22 AM
Stefizzi, I'm begging you! His name is Wojtek, a male one, not Wojtka. Wojtka sounds like a female name lol.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 11:38 AM
deathflash: No problem at all! I will add a one color default as soon as possible!
Tremerion: I didn't want to cause any misunderstanding, I just take the name I found on his site, but I have already modified it.

Thank you all for your fantastic comments!!! I'm am soooo flattered!!! <3

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 3:56 PM
These eyes are spectacular, and that sim with the pale blonde hair is simply stunning. Can I have her?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 10:30 PM
I use these defaults, no problems, they're very nice. Do you plan to do new ones(defaults ofc) in the near future? :>

Thank you for these! ;- )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 4:40 PM
I love these in my game. Only thing is, that they don't work so well on toddlers and children. For them the EA eyes show through the sclera. I tested it several times, deleted all caches and all that, and still the same. Otherwise they would be perfect.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 5:21 PM
Ubasti, you're right, they don't work so well on toddlers and childrens.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 6:28 PM
Yeah, I notice that too... I'm trying to find a solution for that!
If anyone, knows how to fix it, please write it down here!!

And to reply to Matrixxon question, I AM going to create other eyes, I hope do you like the other ones too!

Sorry for this inconvenience!

Page 1 of 2