Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:33 PM
TS Data was moved the C/Prog/Sims Univ....so much for no overwriting...uhoh!

There's a *wants* folder. Did we have that before?

I don't remember what was in the TS2 directory for game data. There's a thumbnails folder with a lot of sub thum packages: i. e. BuildModeThumbnails.package, DesignModeThumbnails.package etc. Where these there before?

In the My Doc the Tumbnails fro C/prog are repeated, in Collections there are new pakgs: EP1 PKG, Groovy PKG, Groovy Comm PKG, Medieval PKG, Medieval Comm Pkg.

What else, guide me and I will reveal!

At installation it prompted C/Prog EA Games/The Sims University as the location
Advertisement
Ice Princess
#27 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:35 PM
Joey does the outside or inside cover say anything about the Nightlife expansion pack?
Test Subject
#28 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:37 PM
it is a lie!!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:39 PM
Kathy Nightlife is a reality! It is on the CD package.

I would think that new clothes: groovy etc wuold still be in the My Doc D/ls folder.

I don't know if there is that much diff in the teens and young adult. They still look like teens. Now if I could get in game and see for sure. Ah The Veronaville Horror.

I hope Il Magnifico is correct about creating a cache. I always noticed the game took it's time to load when I tweaked and then was fine afterwards.
Test Subject
#30 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:39 PM
I wonder if the EP adds more info to existing individual sims files. The changes may not write until the game is running. If you have a lot of sims it may take forever for the process to complete. Like when I quit out of running one of my large families it sometimes takes my puter 10 or 15 min to save all the changes and go back to the neighborhood. (I run a 2.66 GHz)
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#31 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Markie TS2 & SC4
it is a lie!!!!

I don't know if you're joking or not, but Nightlife is the next expansion pack.

DDO
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:41 PM
Yes, it says Nightlife coming Fall 2005.

Iron: OMG, yes I have 355 of my own Simmies in Veronaville!

Okay, I am going to try again. Please light some candles.
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:43 PM
Did the hacks still work or will we have to reinstall them? I'm so confused...what did you do? Move the hacks and careers to someplace else and where did you install TS2U to instead?
Ice Princess
#34 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:45 PM
he removed everything except walls/floors/skins.
Test Subject
#35 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:47 PM
So I'm going to have to redownload everything? What happens if you delete a file while its in the game? Will it just disappear...? (I don't want my game to crash tomorrow!)
Field Researcher
#36 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:49 PM
Joey, I'm with Numenor, I'd get rid of all downloads....yes, even the skins, walls and floors. Start from scratch Kiddo...get the EP up and working, and THEN gradually reinstall your downloads.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:52 PM
I think the initial load will take some time as it creates all the NPCs for the university. Remember how long it took all the original sims packages to populate as you added them?
Field Researcher
#38 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:52 PM
Sorry this isnt on subject really, but you have the EP already!!! Okay time for me to cry now :weep: I want mine but my store says not until tomorrow! Oh poop!

† mom, July 8, 2006 †
Test Subject
#39 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:53 PM
Now I'm starting to worry, I purchased a 8GB external hard drive just for my Sims2 and EP's. Does this mean I will have to put the EP on my computer or will I be able to redirect to my F drive? :confused:

"If the apocolypse comes....Beep Me"
Test Subject
#40 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:55 PM
I am going to get rid of my downloads...*tear tear* but what will happen if I don't remove them from all my homes? HOW WILL I LIVE WITHOUT MY HAPPY HACKS!? (The hacks that fulfill their needs) Do they just disappear? Do the clothes and hair just disappear and their walking around naked and bald? (I know this is off topic-BUT I NEED TO KNOW!)
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#41 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elflady00
So I'm going to have to redownload everything? What happens if you delete a file while its in the game? Will it just disappear...? (I don't want my game to crash tomorrow!)

It's better to just move out your Downloads (move to the desktop) before you install the game. If you have any recolors, and you've used them in your game, and you delete them, they will revert back to a Maxis default.

Regarding your downloads, check out my post here:

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47692

DDO
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:58 PM
Default It means...
That statement means: To let the install program do its job. Do Not select any place for it to install. Just click >YES< to whatever it wants to do.
Test Subject
#43 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elflady00
I am going to get rid of my downloads...*tear tear* but what will happen if I don't remove them from all my homes? HOW WILL I LIVE WITHOUT MY HAPPY HACKS!? (The hacks that fulfill their needs) Do they just disappear? Do the clothes and hair just disappear and their walking around naked and bald? (I know this is off topic-BUT I NEED TO KNOW!)

Me too, I have over 17,039 files, and that SimPE thing is too slow to make them all ep ready.
Test Subject
#44 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 11:00 PM
Thank you!! I was preparing to delete everything and I thought I'd check back before I did! Okay that helped a lot!
Test Subject
#45 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 11:00 PM
I have TS2 loded on my laptop and desktop....desktop does not have any downloads at all. So I will load Uni on desktop first and transfer all my dls slowly so I can see what works and what doesn't. Once I know I will reverse the process. Remove the downloads from my laptop, install Uni and transfer the working dls to my laptop. Hoping to get UNI tommorrow.
Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kasta
I think the initial load will take some time as it creates all the NPCs for the university. Remember how long it took all the original sims packages to populate as you added them?

Exactly, and if it has to do a batch modification to existing files the install may wind up being a bear (time wise). Hope it just makes changes as needed. Like altering a family file when you load that family instead of doing all of them at once.

Those who believe in truth alter their agenda to fit the truth. Those who are true believers alter the truth to fit their agenda.
Test Subject
#47 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 11:06 PM
****, I get University on friday**** oh yeah and i'm sorry bout thinking the kid had lied.
#48 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 11:08 PM
daysies, one by one? Is it just me that got hundreds and hundreds of packages?
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 11:08 PM
will i haven't gotten my ep yet, likely wont for a couple days, but what i'mgoing to do and have been doing is backing up up the eagames/maxis my docs and the sims2 folder from its to location to a folder i have called sims2 stuff. there i have all the backup, and what i have download and cataloged, so i can have something to go back to if a hack goes wrong, or i don't like object or clothingl, or house , etc, etc. i'll do this for before installing the new ep, just incase, so if polbems arise, i can unstall everything , then install the sims2 and start aghian, or try agian and see if i or we (this grate group) can help each other to resolve issues) as they come up. its a way to go if you have the media or or hard drive space to do it.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 11:09 PM Last edited by micl2u : 28th Feb 2005 at 11:26 PM.
The long load is hopefully a one time deal where Uni is switching over old files and such.....I understand the install is slow too....so the game has a lot of changes to make.

An 8gb external hard drive is not going help. The original game was 2.75gb the EP will be at least another .5gb. Thats almost half the drive without any downloads, add on prorams or saved game files which TS2 generates and never removes. Once a hard drive is over half full it slows down....and it becomes impossible to defrag at some point.
Page 2 of 11