Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 4:03 AM
The building I would say. From my little bit of time with sims I realized that while I love sims 2 for the story telling and family dynamics the sims was for building to my lil hearts content. That and the million CC my cousin had made me really see I could do some mad interior designing. Sims is for extravagance and sims 2 is for normalcy and functionality when it comes to the homes.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 9:05 AM Last edited by Sparrow : 16th Jul 2012 at 3:14 AM.
I enjoyed being a celebrity sim and visiting the studio lots to record music and the photo and video shoots. I also miss the interaction where if sims were woo hooing and somebody walked in when they were about to get out of bed they would get embarrassed and get back under the covers and try to pretend they were sleeping.
Inventor
#28 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 4:58 AM
My favorite EPs were Vacation and Unleashed.

I also liked to throw huge parties. 99% of the time my parties were so big, the cops shut them down.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 7:08 AM
My favorite part was the messages my Sims would get when they called someone in the middle of the night. I think I'll have to play it tomorrow just to see some of those messages!!!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 8:30 AM
OMG! Whaat?! When this happened? A whole discussion area for sims 1?! I'm so exited i don't even know what to say so here is a picture of my cat summarizing my feelings:

JAYY!
Field Researcher
#31 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 8:37 AM
I still love the music, I'll go on YouTube sometimes just to listen to the build and buy music! I also love how random and crazy the whole game was.

One thing that amazes me when I play the Sims 1 compared with 2 & 3 is how much harder the first one is to keep them happy, sociable, and highly skilled without cheats. I can do all that with 2 & 3 but it's almost impossible in 1. They defiantly made the games easier.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gelis
OMG! Whaat?! When this happened? A whole discussion area for sims 1?! I'm so exited i don't even know what to say so here is a picture of my cat summarizing my feelings:

JAYY!

I know this is off-topic- but what a cute kitty!!!! OMG!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 11:31 PM
My favorite thing about the original Sims game is how challenging it was. The game is ridiculously simple, yet unbelievably complex. And I for one believe that balance is one of the key things that makes the original Sims game my favorite one of all, even still to this day.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Inventor
#34 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 6:35 AM
The families. I played the Goths and the Newbies, Michael Bachelor, the Roomies and the Pleasants so many times over. I remember even reinstalling the game a lot before I knew about backing up the neighborhood just so I could start over with them.
Inventor
#35 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nyami
The families. I played the Goths and the Newbies, Michael Bachelor, the Roomies and the Pleasants so many times over. I remember even reinstalling the game a lot before I knew about backing up the neighborhood just so I could start over with them.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who did that!
Field Researcher
#36 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 3:42 PM
Never played TS2 so I don't know how the romance/jealousy system worked with that but I found it so much easier to have a string of affairs and not get caught in TS1. You pretty much had to get caught in the act. I hate how you have a reputation and get busted in TS3 even when there's no witnesses. My main Sim often moved her lovers into the house along with her husband and still went out and still managed to make time for her other romances. Gone are the days, lol.

I love the Hick family too. I used to make them even trashier. I loved making them incredibly broke and have a really difficult time getting promoted or getting hired. It's too easy to get hired with TS3.

I love unleashed. I always took pity on the neighborhood strays and adopted them over buying one in the pet store.
Test Subject
#37 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 10:56 PM
Unleashed and Making Magic were the best. I LOVED the New Orleans-ish shopping area. Loved the stray black kitty named Spork! And I loved how Making Magic had Magic Town including a non-magic carnival area for "muggles."

I had quite a bit of CC, but I was a lot more interested in making my own, which of course was much easier with that game. Most memorably, I had a program to create Sim heads, and I made some really freaky looking ones that were hilarious. Some of my favorite downloads were beds that let them sleep on community lots, a robot maid that actually looked like the maid NPC, female outfits with the "uber" mesh, a download of Fred Durst, the energizer (did Maxis steal this idea for Sims 2?).

My sister and I would joke about how creepy the children were, because they could play classical masterpieces on the piano with no training.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 2:36 AM
Spork the stray was my favorite, then Fluffly One of my main Sims, Harry, adopted Spork. They were inseparable. That man loved his cat above all others, lol.

I briefly installed Pets for TS3 (could never get it to run right) and the very first thing I did was make a Spork for my TS3 version of Harry. It was fun for me to see them reunited again even if it was only for a short time when I ended up uninstalling that EP because of all the crashes. I hope that one day I'll be able to reinstall it, get it running right and pair them up again lol.

I never had any CC for TS1. I didn't start using mods until about 7 or 8 months ago. It sounds like I missed out on a lot of good stuff!
Test Subject
#39 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 6:36 AM
I loved, LOVED Making Magic. The dragon was a handful --but totally worth it --, and I loved all the spells you could get! I used to uninstall my games all the time just so I could continually start over with the premade families. :D
Test Subject
#40 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 9:21 PM
Definitely the quirky and campy 90's feel. Original Sims handles it quite well. Music is probably my favorite out of the series and it's a harder feat than the others. The original game, harder than 2 and 3 (namely 3 with the two removed motive bars and such, but eh.) Loved Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed, and all those expansions. Added tons of nice junk which complemented the game nicely.
Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 12:24 AM
TS1 forum!? :D
I started playing that at such a young age! TTwTT This brings back memories man. I still have EVERY EP, and by far MM and Unleashed were my favorite. There are times when I play TS2 where when my sims rant and whine I instead hear the voices from the first game in my head.

"Yoohoo yoohoo yyooooohhhhh!" * Childsim waves at me with hunger bubble over head before holding stomach and pointing to mouth* ...not that I ever starved my sims :P
And then when they would brush their teeth. "Mookie hookie~" Or leave for work! "Soonsoon" (Or something that sounded like all that D: )
Perhaps I'm weird for like knowing this by heart xD
I think by far however, the thing I had fun doing the most was having my Sim who was at bladder desperation get "Extreme tickled" and watch them pee their pants infront of the person who tickled them.. ahh the things I did in that game. Just.. those were the days.(:
Instructor
#42 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 9:04 PM
Ahh, TS1. I just started replaying it last month after...what? 8 years of playing TS2. Man, I'm getting old. Anyways, the FIRST thing that made grin when I started playing TS1 again, was when my sim answered the phone with "como ans nala" (sp?). Talk abot flooding memories! The "Simlish" was a different and I didn't realize I missed that so much. I didn't have MM so my favorite EP was Superstar. I loved making my sims 5 star celebs and whenever they'd go somewhere, people would freak out and my sim's face would be in a dozen thought bubbles at once.

I also liked how you could hear their footsteps when they walked. Why was that so loud?! LOL
Forum Resident
#43 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 12:31 AM
What other game let you build from scratch homes, businesses, vacation lodges, movie studios, etc....and then make the people to use them? With all the various expansion packs installed, it was like my Sims lived in their own little world.Sure, some of it was pretend -- none of my sims could own a restaurant or a movie studio --but the game let me imagine that they did. No other game, including the SimCity series, has that wide open a sandbox. If I wanted to build the Starship Enterprise in my game, then if I bought a big enough lot, I could make it so.
Scholar
#44 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 3:27 AM
The humour (namely in the phone calls from the pranks to other sims coming up with bad lies to not visit you) and the music (Makin' Magic <3).
Test Subject
#45 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 6:26 AM
Twelve years of addiction . I love building and buying! I also love the music, though Mom called it elevator music and told me to turn down the volume even when I had my door closed (she particularly disliked the Makin' Magic music, though she's fine with Unleashed's Cajun music). I got every expansion except Hot Date, which Mom said I couldn't have till I was sixteen, only for me to utilize the Vibromatic Heart Bed and get the Sims 2 long before I turned 16. So glad my cousin got me MM for Christmas when it came out .

All in all, I think building my own custom home and filling it up with stuff that I can't have in real life is my favorite thing in the Sims series as a whole.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 10:07 AM
I love the humour and magic system of cause, I also find sims 1 Vacation the best and despite there are no facial animations I "believe" original sims more the sims from third game. I actually become upset when something bad happens to them and overall feel involvement in their life.
Ah, one more thing - the level of difficulty, achieving something in sims 1, ike becoming a 5 star celebrity, feels like an achievement, not like the game did it for you.

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Instructor
#47 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 9:02 PM
I remember the town clock, when I made communty lots, I'd always add the clock! I still feel there's something missing in Sims 2, when I build, and I know it's that damn clock! The grandfather clock is not the same! In sims 2, if you go to restaurant, you're seated immediatly, while in Sims 1 you had to wait for a seat to become available. It was also harder to have a Sim move in and/or marry a Sim. The wooer had to literally wine and dine, have some forms of entertainment, and a nice house, before he/she would ever consider a proposal!
Children could die, not that's funny or something I encourage. But, I had a party of some kind, and they had that rocket launcher. I used it for a fun factor, and then suddenly I'm seeing a crowd, and the Grimm Reaper appearing. A little girl was killed by this rocket launcher. I noticed with exception of party favours, that they didn't add a rocket launcher to the game!
I also learned to be careful where my Sims were, when they got the "do you want a baby" option. Early on when I said yes, if they were near a door, or bathroom, anywhere that could be blocked, a phone, the bassinet would go. I never knew about moveobjects.

I loved the dance cage, and the mechanical bull! And the abilty to buy a drink.
Test Subject
#48 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 9:10 PM
My favorite part about the sims 1 was the vibrating heart bed it was so fun! someone should make one for the sims 2!
Mad Poster
#49 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 1:09 AM
A vibrating heart bed comes with the Sims2 base game. Alas, it isn't as tacky. I bought one for the Ottomases.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#50 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 12:27 PM
I'd have to say the houses overlooking the original part of the neighborhood, the ones on the cliff. That and the makin' magic houses. I loved the mailboxes, and the fact the lots were more gloomy that the main neighborhood.
Page 2 of 4