Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#51 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
A vibrating heart bed comes with the Sims2 base game. Alas, it isn't as tacky. I bought one for the Ottomases.

I thought the vibrating heart bed came with Apartment Life?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 2:00 AM
The bed designs! Haha, I loved them.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missy harries
The build mode music! I miss hearing that, it gives me serious nostalgia and MM is still the most awsome ep from ALL the sims games :lovestruc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbqBysWqab8
Here it is

Sucks that it's copyrighted now.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 11:55 PM
That was the same music they used when you looked at the village map in The Sims Online. Too many long pauses were spent in that mode as I tried to figure out where I wanted to go.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#55 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 1:14 PM
I like how in TS1, they made the expansions really standout thematically and content-wise. The subhoods felt really fleshed out and exciting to have as part of my game. I never questioned what content I was interacting with from which expansion pack, like I often still do in the later games. And they all really had character and seemed to be coming from a place of the designers actually wanting to expand the game through inspiration rather than purposefully holding stuff back in anticipation of said expansion.

I haven't played The Sims 1 since back in it's heyday, but I always felt compelled to explore expansion territory because it felt distinct yet cohesive. Now, we have vampires hangin out downtown. Wtf??
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shoo_flee
I also loved the dragons <3

The dragons are definitely top of my list, followed shortly by the music. I loved having a little dragon buddy who could burn down my house. I once had a child living on her own with a dragon in a mansion. That was just awesome.
Test Subject
#57 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 10:25 AM
So nice hearing the Build Mode music again ^^ I've uninstalled the game from my laptop but I saved some pictures.

I love the vacation island map XD it starts with a tropical beach area around the foot of the mountain then a wooded area for camping sites around the middle, then on top it's snowing! O_O
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 11:13 AM
the costume trunk outfits from House Party..how I loved to take pictures of my sims in those different costumes (unfortunately i did not retrieve those pics..aww)
Forum Resident
#59 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 5:27 PM
The dozens of bunny rabbits that would multiply all over my lot due to my small garden. :P
Test Subject
#60 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 11:12 PM
I loved the fact that your celebrity would get a stalker leaving those creepy flowers and stuff outside your house... and people watching your superstar sing would actually cheer instead of booing and ignoring your singing to dance.
The magic was far more interesting especially the dragon, never could figure out how to get him to stay he always left home.. lol. I like the fact that the magic world you couldn't just buy a house in you needed magic money to be able to live there, so you had to work for it.
I also loved the vacations more there were the tickets you could collect for items that you couldn't buy out of your catalog you needed the tickets to get them.
So much fun, I still play it from time to time.
Test Subject
#61 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 6:24 AM
I'm actually currently playing the game. My favorite EPs were Makin' Magic and Unleashed... Mainly because I've only played those, Livin' Large, and House Party for a few minutes, due to some weird glitch or something.. Only House Party though. I loved the music in Makin' Magic. When I was younger I would do a weird dance to it.

At the moment, I love the prank calls, hate the police coming over when you have people over at night. (I have a mod that has people visiting frequently, although even without it, people visit frequently.) And the sounds irritate me, along with how hard the babies are to care for (Although at the same time, I love how it's so difficult.)

I also love how the original game alone had so many features that can keep you entertained, even when you've played it with EPs, unlike in later games. (Right now, I'm playing the base game alone, due to Unleashed somehow uninstalling itself, and me losing the serial code. )

I like the difficulty. I mean, even with tons of mods, it's harder than later games, without making you scream from how hard it is. I used mods and when my sim got to the top of a career, I still felt accomplished. I can't wait to get the Complete Collection, which will be my last Christmas gift. I think Superstar and Makin' Magic will be my favorite though. Too bad my cousin would only lend me Makin' Magic, Unleashed, Livin' Large, and House Party. (One of which I accidentally kept, whoops.) And this was after Sims 2 came out and she stopped playing the original game.

I love the humor of the game. You can tell a lot of work was put into the game, and yet the game makers didn't get all cranky. I mean, the Guinea Pig disease? That's creative. Along with Poopy Pants. (Also known as Montezuma's Revenge, but Poopy Pants is a more creative name in my opinion.) And the Tragic Clown concept! Annoying, but creative.

TL;DR: My favorite expansions were Unleashed and Makin' Magic. I liked the music in the games. The game is entertaining even without expansions, unlike later games. I like the difficulty. And I like how much humor is in the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 8:37 PM
Woo, Sims I just dreamt about this and had a strong urge to post about it! (God knows I have played it for more hours than I want to admit)

The thing I remember the most was how hard it could be. Those big houses, you pretty much had type ;! for a year if you wanted to see them fast since there was no way to edit them otherwise.

One of my fondest memories was my sim marrying a npc, the cake stripper i think it was, who had so many friends. I then threw a pary and Drew Carey visited!

It was nice t have the game surprise me instead of me reading about it online first.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 1:42 PM
I actually like how the sims don't age. It's nice knowing you don't have to be rushed into getting your sims married with a good job before it's too late, instead you can just take your time doing whatever you wanted.
Inventor
#64 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 7:13 PM
The pets. Of all 3 games, having had all 3 pet expansions, the pets on 1 were my favourite. I always had a cat or dog on sims 1, where as I rarely have pets on the latter two games. I think it was showing contests I really liked. They should bring that back.
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 8:00 PM
The pet contests should be brought back indeed!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#66 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 6:18 AM Last edited by LaCosaOccidentale : 25th Feb 2013 at 11:43 PM.
I loved the music (especially from Makin' Magic and Unleashed), the dragons, Bonehilda, the skull candle from Unleashed, the masks from Unleashed, the cake dancers, and the prank calls.

Your psychic advisor's head has just exploded. Be forewarned.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LaCosaOccidentale
I loved...the prank calls.
Didn't just love the Sims' reactions when they got one of those calls, the "huh?" that followed?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#68 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 2:37 PM
I thought it was weird when the sims would look right at you and shout and wave their hands around. But it made me giggle! I don't know if they still do that in TS3, though... do they?
Alchemist
#69 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 3:57 PM
The Bear, I forgot her name
Test Subject
#70 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
The Bear, I forgot her name

Claire the Bear? LOL, I loved her!
Test Subject
#71 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 7:25 AM
The music (listening to it right now on YouTube), the rather bizarre calls during the night (Do you canoe?), downtown where sims could eat ice cream and pizza and buy lingerie and the overall landscaping of downtown was simply marvelous (seeing old Mrs. Crumplebutt), Houseparty and the dancers that came out of the cake and would sometimes kiss your sims and give them a card (I also enjoyed the campfire object where they would sit around and sing and the costume trunk I simply adored), With Vacation I would work my butt off trying to have my sims get those souveiners. Makin Magic was one of the best Eps and I loved to see my sims ride the little rollercoaster and the music was so great. It really gave it an eerie feel. Superstar when sims finally had enough stars to walk the runway and wear crazy outfits. Unleashed wasn't a favorite but I loved Old Town and the old palm reader. I still play TS1 often. When I was a kid I was so obsessed and would play everyday (well, who am I kidding? I still do. Haha.) You can tell Maxis put their whole heart in those games and that made it so special to me.
Test Subject
#72 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 7:01 PM
Just installed again 'The Sims Complete Collection' on the third PC since purchasing in 2006 from Amazon. What I love most,is it is not 3-D[which makes me disoriented/nauseous] sims do not age,and love their unpredictable reactions/behavior.

Tried The Sims 2 hated the 3-D ,marionette puppet appearance of the sims,aging and gameplay objectives so unistalled.

Considering trying the better looking Sims 3 or the coming Sims 4 since I want an updated PC,but for now having a blast with the original Sims.

Miss all the custom content I had and the HUGE forum that was around years ago. :[
Test Subject
#73 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 2:13 PM
Default What I liked best about TS1
Was first of all their unpredictability.

My daughter in TN and I both got the game about the same time and we loved how were were constantly surprised by the actions/reactions of not only our sims,but we loved reading the EA Sims forums,and the hilarious stories that other's had,as well.

The second most favorite thing was that there was no pressure to meet goals,and no fear of aging,ruining the game,like TS2 did for us which we got,hated,unistalled,and never looked back!

It has always been just TS1 for us,mostly because we didn't like the looks[marionette puppet like] of the sims in S2 plus the goals with such a limited amount of time and the fact that our sims were going to die.
Alchemist
#74 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 4:33 PM
I miss the music, the cake dancers and Downtown.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 12:56 AM
I started playing The Sims when I was seven, and my absolute favorite thing to do was create child-only households. There was a particular girl face I was obsessed with. I made no less than seven different households of girls with that face, each with a bio consisting of three paragraphs.
Page 3 of 4