Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Why do people always focus on graphics as though it's the only thing in the world that matters? I mean c'mon - Bonehilda! Who gives a toss about the Goth's picture postcard house?

It's not so much the graphics but the gameplay. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the game growing up but gaming has moved on since then. I just know I wouldn't be able to stick my child sim staying a child forever.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#27 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by itsamariokart
It's not so much the graphics but the gameplay. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the game growing up but gaming has moved on since then. I just know I wouldn't be able to stick my child sim staying a child forever.

Seems a bit odd - why didn't you say that then rather than post comparison pictures?

I have to say, the first picture you posted screams "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!" to me whereas the second says "this is a nice house." I'm not a fan of TS3 gameplay anyway, I'll freely admit, but even so I can't get excited about that TS3 picture - it doesn't say anything other than 'this looks pretty'.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#28 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 10:15 PM Last edited by itsamariokart : 22nd Jul 2012 at 8:10 PM.
I was trying to find a better Sims 3 picture on google but couldn't :')

If there was a mod to allow sims in The Sims 1 to grow and die I probably would re-play it.

Edit: A mod changing the font to anything but Comic Sans wouldn't be a bad thing either.
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 10:25 PM
I think I've played it a total of three or four times since 2004. I found it fun for a little while (a couple of hours), but then it got really repetitive and old.
I loved it when I was a young'un, don't get me wrong! Especially the Sims Superstar EP. I always thought it was interesting in the Sims Vacations EP that people could "Play" in the tents... didn't understand it until my sister explained it to me (I was in the fourth grade, sheesh!). They did rate it T for Teen.
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 9:01 AM
No I don't play it anymore but its not by choice.

Back when the sims 2 came out the computer i had ts1 on at the time was old and i couldnt transfer the files to the newer computer i had. Then a fire wiped out both computers. I would have reinstalled ts1 but most of the sites that i used to go to for downloads closed its doors after the release of ts2 and i had a lot of cc and quite a few custom families. theres still quite a few things i miss about the sims 1 and if it werent for misfortune i would still be playing it on occasion with my sims 2.

And also I agree with Lisen, you cant really judge a games replay value on graphics. There's a plethora old games that SUCK in terms of todays graphics but they still retain their fun value years after their release.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 1:56 PM
Actually, I like Sims1 graphics better than Sims3 graphics. I really can't see what everyone thinks is so great about them.

The butter churn! I want a butter churn, and a nectar press, and checkers!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#32 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 3:37 PM
I play it with a similar frequency to TS2 and TS3: rarely. (*clears throat* Some do get played more rarely than others, though. *coughthreecough*)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#33 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 5:00 PM
I was trying to find a better Sims 3 picture on google but couldn't :')

Doesn't that tell you something?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#34 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 5:50 PM
Wow! A Sims 1 forum. Awesome!! And ...Yes, I do play it still. I have it installed on two computers. My old one can't play the Sims 2 or 3, so the game I have on there is quite old.
On my main computer,I devised a little game for myself where I recreated the original neighborhood from the Sims 1 and put the characters and houses on the Sims 2 and 3. I'm playing all three in rotation to see how the stories turn out after starting the same way. I have to say that the Sims 1 is the most challenging to play. Relationships are very hard to keep high. An 'Apocalypse' style challenge would be impossible on the Sims 1. ( I know they don't age, but for even Gen 1)
The humor on the Sims 1 is probably the best part. That's what keeps me coming back. I play Sims 2 the most, but Sims 1 is a strong second!!
Scholar
#35 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Actually, I like Sims1 graphics better than Sims3 graphics.

I agree! The plants and objects look so crisp and detailed. The only things that lacked was the default grass terrain and pool water.

I love TS1 pets..they stayed fun size forever :P
Scholar
#36 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 3:31 AM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 27th Sep 2012 at 12:40 PM.

I never seen these commercials before but they are hilarious!

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 5:18 AM
I wish I still played it, but I think my computer is too advanced. I tried putting the base game into my disk drive to install it a couple of weeks ago, and the disk didn't even recognise. *tear*
Scholar
#38 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 2:16 PM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 27th Sep 2012 at 12:41 PM.

The Sims Bustin' Out! This commercial is too bloody hilarious XD
I like how they act like Sims body motion!

============

Sims intro =D Never forget that =D

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 4:53 PM
I have re-installed it, but it doesn't work well with my PC. Too advanced, maybe. Even when I did manage to play for a bit without the game crashing, I still didn't get as involved as I used to. It's kind of sad.
For now, I'll stick with TS2. Maybe someday I'll also find some new inspiration for a TS1 neighborhood.
Test Subject
#40 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 8:50 PM
Yes, its still fun, and the good thing is that there are still many websites still actively making wonderful new furniture, jobs, and ways to have fun. Wish EA would still expand on them though.....
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 1:26 AM
It's the only Sims game I play... I love the graphics.
Inventor
#42 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 6:17 AM
I do play it still though not often, but when I do I always enjoy it.

I was really pleased to see this new section of the forum. I hope that with it will come a download section so we can upload skins/objects/mods. I have made a few TS1 skins in the past. It's funny because I learned to create for TS1 after TS3 and TS2.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 4:57 PM
I've just started playing TS1 today actually, after feeling inspired by this new forum.. However, despite the fact I was incredibly nostalgic with so many aspects, I found myself getting bored quickly. Which is sad really, because it really was an epic part of my childhood!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 4:22 AM
It was such a loong time ago that I played Sims 1 (the base game only) at my parents' house. It was maybe 7 years or so.

I remember when the sims woke up before their energy bar was full and they did a kind of "stompy dance". I used to hate it and love it at the same time! They were so damn hillarious. There was a unique charm to the game even though it comparatively lacked the superficially appealing factors like graphics and 3D. The sims were very lively and funny, sometimes annoying too. But lovely nonetheless.

I think I used only one mod/hacked object, a kind of chair which raised all the motives. In TS2 I find it quite easy to keep the motives up and never ever have needed to use any hack/cheat related to motives, but it was really hard in TS1 for me.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#45 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Firelira78
I remember when the sims woke up before their energy bar was full and they did a kind of "stompy dance".

The sims are somehow more fun in Sims 1!

Also, I like the shrug thing they do when they routefail. I always got sims stuck quite a lot due to my poor lot designs- my original Sim Sample character was the one who always tested out the vacation resorts I made, so he would die in many unforseen ways. Usually between a buffet table and a chair in the restaurant, or between a wall and a pot plant in the bathroom.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
The sims are somehow more fun in Sims 1!

Also, I like the shrug thing they do when they routefail. I always got sims stuck quite a lot due to my poor lot designs- my original Sim Sample character was the one who always tested out the vacation resorts I made, so he would die in many unforseen ways. Usually between a buffet table and a chair in the restaurant, or between a wall and a pot plant in the bathroom.

Simsample,
Do you mean a potted plant or do you really mean a 'pot' plant? The reason I ask is because one of my downloads for the Sims 1 was a 'pot' plant! I used it for my druggie family! LOL!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#47 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 3:08 PM
I really meant 'potted', although in my neck of the woods we abbreviate it to 'pot plants', although the kind that you mention would have been more fun!
Inventor
#48 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 10:56 PM

I think I'm the only one that likes TS1 graphics better than TS2 & 3. >.>

I mean, hullo, beds? They have so much more detail and look so comfy, the plant life looks so pretty, hell, I even like how the walls & floors look.
But then, I grew up with Pac Man and Super Mario and Playstation 1, so everything to me looks pretty much awesome, lol.
But of course, being the format that it is, games were able to take for granted the level of detail without messing up the game-play in low-end comps. Can you imagine what SC4 would be like if you could play it like the sims 2? I think my computer would start smoking. It can only just manage to play SC4 on high detail.

Also, if you have Makin' Magic, it's actually pretty easy to make a sim child grow up to an adult.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 10:10 AM
I just had to say: WOW! I bet I missed a lot while I was in China!

Anyway, I'd also like to say: congratulations to the Sims 1 fans on the new forum and enjoy!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 10:34 PM
I love the sims 1. I've installed it on both windows vista (in compatibility mode for XP) , and now on my new computer on windows 7 (did not have to use compatibility mode or anything). Sims 2 is the best of the 3 , in my opinion. I just don't like sims 3, though I have spent Way too much on it.

Sims 1 is just so Fun, so simple, and so back to basics. I WISH they would make a new sims, perhaps with some of the more advanced graphics, but more like sims 1. I want to play multiple families easily in the same neighborhood, and I want a simple family photo album. The sims 1 has all that. Also there's quite a bit of custom furniture, floors and walls out there which I've been downloading. It's just a shame the official sims 1 website, with it's exchange is gone.

I think it's great that you have a sims 1 forum on here. I have the original sims 1 base game and all EP's. But I wanted to check out the complete collection on 4 discs. So I bought it used on amazon.com. Works great, and I love the (new at the time but crude now) sims creator where you can easily add custom patterns and textures.

Edit: I still Love the original intro and have enjoyed the youtube links! Unfortunately the sims complete collection did away with that intro. I see a passing silver screen instead.
Page 2 of 10