Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 6:08 AM
I do still play it from time to time and I love it! I actually prefer the base game without all the EPs because of its amazing simplicity. That's why I go back to the Sims 1, for some simple family simulation gaming.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 3:33 PM
I tried playing it yesterday and just couldn't get into it. I think it had been about a year since I did. I think I have all the expansion packs for it.

I never played TS2 and TS1 was all I had before buying TSM and then TS3..so I thought it'd be nice to fire it up because almost all of my current Sims are updated versions of my TS1 Sims and with some of them I had forgotten how they got their beginnings. I remember some of them came from large households but I only picked one or two from those households and created them on the newer versions.
Test Subject
#53 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 3:46 AM
I still play it- when I don't create for it , which I do mostly...

I do have Sims 2 also and have been trying to get into the gameplay but ... it is just not the same as Sims for me. Building is fun though and I ahve tried making walls and floors and a few female clothes.

I am hooked on creating for Sims 1. Skins ( clothing ...) this summer but also maxis matching objects.

Personally I wouldn't play with out any of the enhancments from some sites.
Simlogical's Bathroom doors is a must. Locks behind a sim and stops those weird gatherings in the bathrooms.
C&c Enterprises A la carte fridge. Guyiko Cherry Blossom Sims all wonderful different food trays . No more boring food !
Woobshas Better living objects that enhance the game play but not maxing out anything so it is still fun to play. There is alot more and off course Custom content to every theme you can imagine!

Yes, some Sims 1 sites has died. Some is still online . Some has been hosted by the Saving the Sims theme . Some is hosted at CTO. Some new sites has popped up the past 4 years that are awsome. Some forums still exists. Simblesse Oblige is a great place to check out for info on Sims 1 gameplay and creating.

Susanne
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 6:14 AM
Once I start downloading I can't stop! I've been at it for weeks. I keep going back to the custom content /mods thread. One site leads to another, especially if you look at each sites Links. It goes on into infinity :lovestruc . I still wish I could get to some sites that just aren't around anymore though, and the official site and exchange I really miss. But there are still quite a few good custom content sites out there.
Instructor
#55 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 1:15 PM
I always loved TS1 thought I never more played it. But I have it installed in an old computer and sometimes I fire it to remember how the original characters were. I changed TS2 completely to be an improved version of TS1, that's why no one understands when I talk about TS2. I modded for TS1 and just recycled my knowledgements to mod TS2 backwards.
TS1 was a very popular game and we bought TS2 because we loved TS1. When we saw that it was a different game where the sims looked like bad copies of The Simpsons, it was a big struggle to correct their disgusting look and that took years of waste time. TS1 had 7 units, base game plus 6 EPs. TS2 has 16 units and it is a pain to reinstall when required. Normally the base game of any The Sims costs around Kr 600 (about 80 to 100 dollars), every EP costs around Kr 450 and every SP around Kr 200. It is a very expensive game. Yesterday I checked the shop prices for TS3 and it is exactly the same. I checked also all what is available in the market in terms of game for PC and they are either qualified for small children or have high degree of violence. None of them are possible to customize.
TS1 and TS2 were so popular that special PC magazines dedicated pages for the game. Most of the custom contents I got for TS1 and early TS2 were taken from such magazines. If you look for old issues from PC magazines you still can recover much custom contents. I had subscriptions and tons of magazines. I disposed them after I became a sufficient modder.
I agree, TS1 was simple and perfect for people that want just to have fun without any kind of stress. Unfortunately it is extremely obsolete.
No hope for a good new version of TS1. The company EA has another agenda and is trying to create a new kind of audience, one that swallows without chewing.
Test Subject
#56 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 3:33 PM
SimEchoes has some of the official Maxis Sims 1 stuff available.
If one knows where to look one can find loads of stuff for Sims 1 from sites gone...
SimEchoes Maxis Archive

Saving the Sims does a huge job with saving stuff and hosting it at Yahoo groups.

Saving the Sims first groups out of MANY

Lab Assistant
#57 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 5:22 PM
Yeah , I finally gave in and joined some yahoo sim groups , "SIMCredible" finally got the best of me. What I don't like is you can't even see the photos until you join the group. And I don't want to join tons of yahoo groups if I can't even see What they have there first. But it's true when you start searching you can find all kinds of things. Sometimes it's the prolonged search that is Fun!

Wow, games must be much more expensive in Europe and other countries. Fortunately in the U.S. games are Much cheaper, especially the old games once the new ones have come out. You can get sims 1 and 2 for almost nothing. As for installing so many "units", or EP's and SP's, I'm sure the sims 2 came out with a "complete collection" including all EP's , SP's and probably even some extras. I haven't actually looked into that . But for sims 1 I am SO glad I got the complete collection on 4 discs! It was worth looking for it used.

That's so funny I have never heard of the sims 2 called "Simpsons" ! I'm partial to sims 2 (the Best!). Of course my sims 2 sims had Loads of custom content for their looks! I would spend Hours creating a sims 2 sim and tweaking their facial features. I can't stand how the sims 3 sims look. Maybe I just don't have the talent to create them? I have seen some that look O.K.
Test Subject
#58 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 6:42 PM
Of course I do! It's awesome in every single way - the music, the humour, the simplicity! It may be not so elaborate like TS2/3 and it can get boring after some time, but I always come back.
Btw, it's great to have this new forum Have you guys seen the list of CC sites here? It's really amazing.

Leave the atom alone!
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 7:02 PM
I play it now since I have got it working on windows 7 without any trouble.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#60 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 8:40 PM
I have not too long ago. I lost all my game discs (except for one...but it's so badly scratched.) I want to buy the complete collection again because I miss it. It brings back good memories of how I figured out about the sims and all that jazz plus there are things in it I miss (minus the tragic clown...he scared the crap out of me back then...XD)

Don't be a drag, just be a Queen!
Mad Poster
#61 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 2:20 AM
I have not played it in a few years, but I have thought about getting back into it after I do an intense search for CC. I do miss its charm, and I like how it's perfectly playable on a netbook.

As for those of you who can't get over the eternal-child thing, there used to be a mod/tool that allowed one to manually grow children into teens. I forget what it was called, but I loved it. Basically, they used children's heads with ultra-skinny, adult bodies. Unfortunately, the dad in my test family was able to perform romantic interactions with his daughter. So, you'll just have to avoid that if you can.
Scholar
#62 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 2:40 AM
I haven't played the orignal game for several years. I keep thinking of getting to it, since I still have folders marked with the saved game files. I loved the Pets and Superstar expansion, where I'd have George Bush living in the White House, and becoming a superstar in the Hollywood town. Oh good times. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever get back to that, lol.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 2:04 AM
I just reinstalled them today, after I found them. I've been playing for hours. (:
Mad Poster
#64 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 7:38 PM
I have it on my netbook. It has Windows XP and a gig of ram, so playing Sims 2 or 3 wouldn't be a great idea. As it is, the netbook balks at any expansion beyond Unleashed, and I have to play The Sims on the 800 x 600 setting. I used to play it on console back in 2006; I've come back to it from time to time on the PC since 2009. When I'm in an area where I have to wait a while or am just plain bored, I'll put it on. I played it just yesterday while waiting what seemed like forever in a doctor's office. It beat reading the same old tired mags again. I'll play it when I visit my mother as well and I need a quick Sim fix before bedtime. She won't even use a cell phone or get any more than basic cable (and she found herself somewhat forced to do that if she wanted to still watch TV) ... I doubt I could convince her to get a computer or the Internet!

When I played yesterday, I did forget the quirkiness and humor in the game. It is silly, but in a good way. Sims 2 has those characteristics as well, but it's different somehow. Others here have pointed these differences out better than I.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#65 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
As for those of you who can't get over the eternal-child thing, there used to be a mod/tool that allowed one to manually grow children into teens. I forget what it was called, but I loved it. Basically, they used children's heads with ultra-skinny, adult bodies. Unfortunately, the dad in my test family was able to perform romantic interactions with his daughter. So, you'll just have to avoid that if you can.

SimTeen Plus? You can still download it from CTO, although I couldn't get it to work when I tried it out on one of my sim children.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 12:15 AM
I still play it for nostalgia, challenge, but mainly fun. Oh and the music. THE MUSIC.
Instructor
#67 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 4:17 AM
I debate whether to go back and use it for fun. But, to seriously play it like I play Sims 2, no. I like the age progression too much, plus the genetics, and recognized family ties. It would be neat in Sims 4, if the kids refer to their parents as Mom and Dad or siblings as brother or sister etc. Maybe that simple gesture is too technical!

For Sims 1, I'd go back to play SS again, but I don't want to go through all the installations. However, never say never!
O_o
#68 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 8:53 PM
I continue to play to this day. It's installed on my Mac under bootcamp with Windows 7. Play it just as much as I do The Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 7:08 PM
I fondly recall times when me and my brother just fooled around in the game. He had downloaded a crapload of CC, apparently from SimSlice

I do sometimes play it, but I can't get the same feel anymore.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 7:37 PM
I still play the Sims 1 from time to time. Not nearly as obsessively as I used to, but it's still fun.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Test Subject
#71 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 4:42 AM
I still play it sometimes, but I get bored quickly.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 8:40 PM
Every morning this week I've had the urge to skip school and play TS1 all day. I didn't of course (skipping school is bad kids), but now that it's the weekend, maybe I'll play. I haven't played in a while.
#73 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RomerJon17
The Sims Vacation commercial

The Sims Unleashed TV Commercial

The Sims Hot Date commercial

The Sims Superstar commercial

I never seen these commercials before but they are hilarious!

I remember the old days sims 1 was targeted mainly to adult players.. now sims 3 is more into pre-teen / teeny-boopers

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Scholar
#74 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 12:46 PM
Making out XD

The Sims 1 sound effects... Burglar sound effects always freaks me out O.O

This is just wrong! LoL!

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 7:19 PM
I have never seen a whole room, much less a whole house and whole lot on Fire! Wow! I'm not that adventurous.
Page 3 of 10