Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 5:04 AM
My favourite EP was Superstar. I always loved how you could go to the movie theatres and that.
My least favourite EP was Hot Date. I just thought that it was an uneccessary expansion

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 6:05 AM
Quote:
My least favourite EP was Hot Date. I just thought that it was an uneccessary expansion

Hot Date was BIG when it first came out because it meant leaving your home for the first time. That was so exciting! We had spent months playing in our own little homes or seeing some of our Sims come over to neighbor's houses if we played the neighbors. What freedom to pick up a phone and go someplace else and with someone, if we chose! AND, we could chose new bathing suits and pajamas! The only disappointment was that children couldn't visit the new downtown.

There were so many other cool things that came with Hot Date, such as some wonderfully new interactions and the opportunity to shape Sim's interests through magazines. Plus, Maxis hit it again with the humor of the violin player and the various types of characters at the stores and restaurants.

Perhaps you have to have a sense of Sim history to really appreciate this expansion.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 2:22 PM
Plus, you know, dates! Dates were great! Still are.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#54 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 9:34 AM
I liked Vacation because I had a weird obsession with building big hotels and I liked that it added quite a bit of variety to the game. And I had such a love/hate relationship with Makin' Magic - my brother and I spent such a long long LONG time saving up a bunch of Magic Coins (was that what they were called???) to finally get our houses in the magic neighbourhood and it just kind of seemed like the journey was much funner than the destination. I really did like that minigame where you had to touch the coloured mushrooms though...

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." - Daria
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 4:58 PM
Definitely Makin' Magic. The Tim Burton-esque charm of that expansion cannot be denied.
Test Subject
#56 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maygirl96
Definitely The Sims Makin' Magic, it was the best hands down. i loved they little dragon you could have as a pet that would accidently set fire to everything and the skeleton maid and dueling. The original sims game was the best out of all the sims, it was so fun, i still have all the expansion packs but unfortunately the main disk broke

Right, "accidently". I'm pretty sure it was always on purpose. At least it was purposely for them. For the caretakers, it was their mistake.
I always had dragons running away. I would have to say my favorite was Pyritie. Burnie burned too much stuff, Torch was too high-maintenance for me, so Pyritie was the perfect choice. (Burnie was the red one, Torch was the purple one, and Pyritie was the golden one.)

I'd have to say my favorite. Along with House Party and Unleashed. I probably would only say House Party due to me only playing it for a few minutes at a time before I couldn't play it anymore. Makin Magic I loved the music, the magic system, (Except the ingredients, most of the time I only got the basic spells.) the nectar press, (Only because of the mix of ingredients that would cause your sim to become a ghost temporarily, since the shed your skin charm never worked for me.)

Unleashed, I LOVED how it added more space. I mean, ten lots gets boring after a while. Plus, having more than two families to play is fun. I'm no good at building.

The only other game I played was Livin' Large, but I can't remember many of the features.
Test Subject
#57 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Java3

Unleashed, I LOVED how it added more space. I mean, ten lots gets boring after a while. Plus, having more than two families to play is fun. I'm no good at building.

Yes! I completely forgot about how Pets added the new and improved big neighbourhoods. And I was really glad to have the Goth family continued on in the form of the Goth Snrs. because the Goths were my favourite (and still are).

"There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." - Daria
Mad Poster
#58 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by original-title
Yes! I completely forgot about how Pets added the new and improved big neighbourhoods. And I was really glad to have the Goth family continued on in the form of the Goth Snrs. because the Goths were my favourite (and still are).
Not Pets, it's Unleashed.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Hot Date was BIG when it first came out because it meant leaving your home for the first time. That was so exciting! We had spent months playing in our own little homes or seeing some of our Sims come over to neighbor's houses if we played the neighbors. What freedom to pick up a phone and go someplace else and with someone, if we chose! AND, we could chose new bathing suits and pajamas! The only disappointment was that children couldn't visit the new downtown.

There were so many other cool things that came with Hot Date, such as some wonderfully new interactions and the opportunity to shape Sim's interests through magazines. Plus, Maxis hit it again with the humor of the violin player and the various types of characters at the stores and restaurants.

Perhaps you have to have a sense of Sim history to really appreciate this expansion.

It also made my game run extremely slow when I decided to take my sims on dates.

Mad Poster
#60 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 1:45 PM
Presumably because you'd overloaded your machine's capacity. It's not the EP's fault you didn't check system specs.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#61 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 8:06 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 15th Jan 2013 at 8:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Presumably because you'd overloaded your machine's capacity. It's not the EP's fault you didn't check system specs.

Yeah, I agree.
I struggled to run downtown areas, so I made a lot specially where everything was outside, there were no buildings except one just big enough to house 3 toilets. That lot ran brilliantly on that poor computer, but I built my first ever self built computer during that EP, partly because I desperately wanted to run it properly and partly because I knew I'd need it for future EP's. There's nothing more terrifying than fitting the processor and clamping the fan down that very first time, I still think of that every time I build a new one and it always reminds me of the Hot Date EP
Test Subject
#62 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 7:40 PM
My favourite TS1 expansion packs are Superstar, Vacation and Makin' Magic. They all add a whole new style of gameplay to the game, new lots, new interactions and lots of new items. I so enjoyed playing them, but now my PC is running out of disk space and I think I'll have to ...delete The Sims 1.
But yeah, I enjoyed those 3 the most and I didn't have any problems with them.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

I did check the system specs. It had good specs when I originally installed the EP. I'm not sure why it made my computer slow. I probably had a virus of some sort in my computer

Test Subject
#64 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 7:55 AM
Houseparty (clothes and objects) and Hotdate (for the beautiful subhood).
Field Researcher
#65 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 2:53 PM
Makin' Magic. Love the crafts like spinning and making butter, the spells and the fact that there is finally a way to grow kids up.
Scholar
#66 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 8:45 PM
At the time they came out, I loved Hot Date the best. One thing I miss from TS1 that the other two Sims games have had trouble with is crowds. TS1 Lots were always crammed full of random townies and gave a real city feeling to the area. You need lots of help from mods to get TS2 anywhere near that way and you still don't get sims milling about and all doing different things that you saw in TS1. TS3 is the worst of the three -- you can use mods to get a lot full of sims but they can just stand there for hours and not do a THING except wet themselves all day long.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 10:57 AM
Hot Date was pretty much the best. I loved the atmosphere of that first downtown. I enjoyed editing the lots into exactly what I wanted. The townies and npcs were entertaining to just watch.

Gonna give Unleashed some love too. I never played much with pets in any version of the game, but Unleashed expanded the home neighborhood and added those nice community lots. It made the neighborhood feel like a place people lived rather than just a random collection of houses. And loved the themed items, the trolley and the zydeco music.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 11:21 AM
It's so hard to chose. All of the Expansions were created very well for the game. Now if only TS3's EPs were created with the same level of quality..

As much as I like Unleashed and Superstar myself, I'm going to have to choose Hot Date.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#69 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 12:52 AM
Oh gosh, it's hard for me to pick. My most memorable ones are:
- Makin' Magic
- Superstars
- Vacation
- Pets

If I had to choose one...I'd probably choose Makin' Magic. I like it because of the magic town and the spells. And those magic baking machines...yeah.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Field Researcher
#70 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 2:00 PM
I only ever had 1 EP and that was vacation
I was so young and I spent months doing chores to earn the £25 I needed to buy vacation, then we had to drive for about an hour to some random shop that sold the expansions for mac (and the guy had specially ordered the game in for me).

Oh how times have changed..
Test Subject
#71 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 9:22 PM
I love The Sims Superstar & Sims Unleashed I miss playing it ..
Scholar
#72 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 3:55 AM
Hands down - Hot Date. I loved downtown. I even used several hacks/mods to keep Sims in town. I built all sorts of places that had beds above the restaurants...etc.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 17th May 2013 at 7:52 AM
Superstar. I loved that EP so much, though I don't think I ever had a successful celebrity Sim in that one. It was hard as hell to make them become famous.
Alchemist
#74 Old 17th May 2013 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gaudet
Hands down - Hot Date. I loved downtown. I even used several hacks/mods to keep Sims in town. I built all sorts of places that had beds above the restaurants...etc.

Another Hot Date fan here. Taking a date to a restaurant and actually have a waiter serve you is the one thing I wish TS3 had that it doesn't
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 18th May 2013 at 1:30 AM
pets, superstar, and makin magic.
Page 3 of 4