Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 3:49 AM
I've only seen one meteor so far. I had just created a family (two adults, a child, a teen and two dogs). I played them for literally 5 minutes before the meteor appeared. It landed literally RIGHT on top of a dog, and the dog survived. No sims were killed either. This was over a year ago, I still haven't seen another. >w<

I had a video of it but it was on my old computer. :c
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 3:24 AM
Ive played this game for a long time and it was indeed after installing Showtime that I got the "suddenly dark" message. I had no idea WTF was going on. In fact, I didn't really think you could get hit by a meteor unless you were looking through telescope a la sims 2. And suddenly thud, right on my head!

Grim had already sorted out the poor girl next to me, when I thought hmm... why am I dying, Ive got a death flower in my pocket. Then I realised, oh bloody hell I actually have to give the guy it, so my ghost gave Grim the flower and back to life I came :-)

I survived a meteor. A direct hit. It was about 3 sim metres long and it landed literally on my head. And my sim is still going :-D
Scholar
#28 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 1:12 PM
ive never had one either :/ i had a satellite hit once on ts2. id just spent aaaages making a family, played 1 day, one of the children did her homework outside, and was killed. i had to save because i hadnt saved since spending hours making the family and wasnt sure if my efforts would be saved :/
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 12:06 PM Last edited by Seether1990 : 8th Dec 2012 at 8:17 PM.
the only meteor in my game that actually hit something, it was after i installed showtime, my sim was searching galaxy in 3 AM,in then i got suddenly dark message like the others , whoa i freaked out at first then i thought it was one of the tons meteor that falls in my world, and then i saw a dark shadow on the roof of my house, it keept getting bigger and bigger till BAM , a huge rock in the roof of the house and everything went on fire looool, the only sim that died it was the father searching galaxy ,the others got sighned, the meteor stayed on the roof and i couldnt collect it, now after seasons i have aliens in my house almost every night because of that , i guess its not that bad after all .
Field Researcher
#30 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 11:53 AM
I've only had a meter once- it was completely unexpected. It was shortly after I installed pets (no mods or cc at the time) and I was play testing with the dogs, horses, cats and such. My sim walks out onto her front yard, with her puppy when there's a HUGE shadow and it says, "It suddenly got dark....." and my sim freaks out, runs away. The puppy, however, lays down. I freak out, but he finally runs away, and like three seconds later BAM huge dent in yard, fire by the front door of the house, and scrap metal scattered by the side walk. My sim's daughter was an inventor- it worked out well and they sold the space rocks. Still, scared me to death.
Instructor
#31 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 4:15 PM
I got a message about a meteor landing somewhere else in the neighbourhood while using the telescope once, had my sim run and grab the resulting space rocks. Never had a meteor-related disaster.
Scholar
#32 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 6:11 PM
Has anyone ever had a rocket strike against their sim? I didn't know it was possible, but I was playing a badly borked IP (couldn't find the disruptive cc). I was having, in various games back-to-back meteor strikes, multiple lightening strikes and then, in one game I had a rocket icon -- instead of the meteor just before the explosion.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 6:55 PM
I'm sorry for your loss
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 11:31 PM
I had a meteor land on my robot friend when in Egypt - the robot died lol

I like work, it fascinates me.
I could sit & watch it all day!

Simmodders UK
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 7:18 AM
I've had two natural (not using mods or cheats to trigger them) meteor experiences. The first one was when my sim was outside her house gardening when the sky suddenly went dark. I had no idea what that meant at the time so I continued my weeding and watering. Then my sim was flattened by a giant space rock. Good thing I had saved recently.

The second one: I was on vacation in Al Simhara, in the marketplace, when everyone started looking up and pointing at the sky. I ran inside a building just in time to avoid the meteor strike. Nobody was killed but most of the locals were covered in soot for the rest of that trip. It also destroyed the door of the building I was in so I couldn't get out without cheats.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#36 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 8:09 AM
@AwesomeSimsFan, please refer to the game FAQs here. Please don't spam random threads with help requests. Thank you.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 3:11 AM
I have only had a meteor strike once. It was really sad. I had one of my favorite families I had ever played. After 2 solid months with this family, I decided that the wife and husband should try for their first child. So, once they were pregnant things were going smoothly. I spent a couple hours building a new house with the cutest little girls nursery, then bam. While the wife and husband were outback cooking hot dogs a meteor hit and caused a huge fire. The pregnant wife died. I thought that if I exited the game and restarted it that I could save them. Unfortunately I hit SAVE and quit. I was so upset that I lost the wife and her unborn child that I completely erased the family save. It was actually really sad for me.

Sometimes I regret not toughing it out and helping the now widowed husband find a new form of family.
Page 2 of 2