Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 11:10 PM Last edited by NewSimgirl2011 : 26th Aug 2012 at 4:03 PM.
Default Top 7 Favourite Sim Couples in Your game
Hey guys,

Well I love love reading everyone's stories about what is happening in their game. You may find it hard to believe but I've even read 150+ pages of the thread 'What's happening in your game right now.' Yeah I know sad. So anyways, I don't think this question has been asked or if it has then sorry my bad I didn't search hard enough.

Anyways, enough with my ramblings...As I have restarted Pleasantview for like the 200th time I don't have enough couple sims at the moment, because I have been busy building. So I'll be combining my two favourite hoods', Pleasantview and Riverblossom and telling you guys my favourite couples from both.

Don and Dina Lothario:

I don't know why but everytime I've reset Pleasantview I've always always put these two sims together. I mean there are the most compatiable sims in the hood when first played, well to me anyways. But I've always played it that Dina isn't a gold digger, she's just a very ambitious about being successful but she strikes me the same way that Jennifer Burb does, she wants to be at the top of her game. So I've always had it that Don let go of his player ways to be with Dina, because in my mind he wants to get better for her and make her proud to have him on her arm. (He's already proud of her on his arm )

Also Don is more compatiable with Dina than Nina, because with Nina it really is just sexual and I don't think Don would want that in the long run, so Dina it is for me. Plus they make cute babies too, so why not. They become the power couple of my Pleasantview Hood.

Leod McGreggor and Cleo Shikibu - McGreggor:

Love playing Riverblossom, and I don't know why but I just sort of set Leod and Cleo up kinda on a whim. But before I resetted the hood again, they were my favourite couple of Riverblossom at the time of playing. I was so consumed with them that it had meant that I was out of sync with the other households, which kind of ended up being a mess in the end. Because different households were on different seasons, and I play each household through a season until 1 day before next season so everyone is in some sort of rotation.

They were also the first family to get a business when I got OFB, and I had really enjoyed it which didn't help with the rotation timetable So they were the couple that led me to liking businesses and running them, even though they can be stressful. Plus in my mind, Cleo needed someone like Leod someone down to earth and not caring about social status or money. Just your regular Joe who would always love his family.

Lilith Pleasant and Dustin Broke:

Yes, yes I know over done but they is something about this couple again I really like. Lol. I hate Angela and Dirk, so I always kill them off and get these two together. This couple is similar to Don and Dina, in that characters are trying to change their ways for the better of the unit aka the couple. Now the reason I love playing these two is because they are both rebels at first, and I tend to play that arc until its time for them to go to Uni. Now I do try to shape up their act and do better in school, which 9 times out of 10 I do that unless Lilith decides she wants to get pregnant then that's a different story arc.

During most of my play time I've not had Dustin and Lilith marry except maybe once, to me they are the untradational couple. They don't believe in marriage as much as other sim couples do, (what with Daniel Pleasant being a great insipiration for Lilith on marriage ) so I've tend not to marry these two. For when they have babies I use the simblender to change the child's last name to Broke, simple.

Alexandra O'Mackey and [Townie/NPC/CAS Sim...anyone] or Alexandra and Alec Jeffress (sp?):
I really really like this sim. Lol. Alexandra once you've put some new hair and make up is really pretty to me, and I always make sure that she builds her relationship with her daughter Jules (who if you giver her a make over can be really pretty too). Now because I really like this sim I don't mind who she ends up with.

But before I resetted Riverblossom, I had her hook up with this sim called Alec Jeffress (sp?), and they were the most romantic couple I had ever had. They loved each other sooo much that she kept getting pregnant, now I have a 3 children per household global rule in all my hoods so thanks to Alec, Alexandra was messing that up. Besides Jules, she went and had 4 OTHER KIDS, one being a set of twins. Jeez... but I really did like her so I didn't mind. Lol.

With my new reset I hope I can hook these two sims up again, but not have soo many kids. Lol

Brandi Broke and [Townie/NPC/CAS Sim...anyone.]:
No one deserves love more than Brandi, she always gets my sympathy vote even though in my mind she is a very strong capable sim, who would do everything in her power to make sure her sons get the best in life...even if she doesn't. So I always want Brandi to find love, but its always hard because no sim is ever good enough for her. They always end up leaving her, usually pregnant which messes up my 3 children limit rule. (But I always make an exception for Brandi, I always allow her to have one more child so that hopefully she get's a daughter.)

So guys tell me your favourite Sim couples, tell me:

Why they are your favourite? What makes them more special than your other sim couples?
Any interesting backstory? Or you can tell me their normal backstory that's fine I'll read it anyways.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 11:49 PM
I read that quite a few people break up Dirk and Lilith and Angela and Dustin and swap the couples around, but I've never done it myself. I always saw Lilith as very devoted to Dirk. He sees through her bad rep, knows she's capable of being just as good as her sister and is the only person who really loves her. And she's his rock in the middle of his own family chaos. Angela and Dustin are slightly more boring, but I like them together anyway.
I also always used to pair up Cassandra and Darren, but I've recently been pairing him up with Brandi Broke. They make a very cute couple!
And a surprise pairing in my game is Violet Jocque and Pascal Curious. Lust at first sight (I had to cancel autonomous photobooth shenanigans several times), so I let them go on a few dates. I have InTeen, but I don't usually pair up teens and adults, I mostly have it for hormonal teen couples, but Pascal kept bringing her gifts and autonomously phoning her up to ask her out, so they won me over. I shall allow them to be together... once she's in college.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 11:58 PM
Gabe and Alexandra O'Mackey. I hate divorce, so I put them back together. Last time around I deleted Jules, set them to 28 days from elder, and made it so they'd first gotten married (I changed Alexandra's last name back to her maiden name, Teatherton, and had her and Gabe date, then marry).

I also like pairing Tara DeBateau with Malcolm Landgraab IV, if I associate Bluewater Village with Belladonna Cove. They tend to have cute kids.

I also put Armand DeBateau and Jessica Peterson back together last time I played BC. I had her groveling and repentant, and Armand gives her another chance and Tara gets a mother. The daughter they had together actually wasn't bad-looking, surprisingly--she didn't have her father's cheekbones and she looked more like Jessica.

If I play Pleasantview, I make Don straighten up his act and be faithful to Cassandra.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 12:22 AM
Julian Cooke and Alexandra Teatherton - This one was a huge surprise for me. Julian Cooke moved into his house, and when Alexandra stopped by to greet Julian, they had three bolts of chemistry immediately. So I just HAD to marry them together. Julian moved into his house with aspirations of starting his own restaurant, and Alexandra has the whole pirate craze, neither story of which I was a big fan. Together they make both stories more interesting. Alexandra works hard to bring Julian money so he can start the five star restaurant of his dreams. In return, when they have enough money, he'll build a pirate themed restaurant for her (going to make the building shaped liked a pirate ship with a nautical theme inside).
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 12:24 AM
Thanks guys for your little stories. You know your favourite couples don't just have to be the pre-made ones FYI. Lol It can be your customs one too. That's just a future reference for other people's replies
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 3:50 AM
I actually always put Don and Nina together xD
Their first child is always called Donna because that's an unisex Italian name.

Newbies please click here for information on "Hood Corruption" and here if you are looking for certain objects or mods. You're welcome!

Every time you delete a tombstone a kitten is being taken to Hell. Think of the kittens.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 3:54 AM
Brandi and Darren
I started doing this because Darren and Cassandra bore me. Darren is also significantly older than her, like older enough that I can see her dad chasing him down for being a perve. Also the couple just works well. Once I played it as Brandi needed someplace with more space after having her last baby, so they moved in with Dirk's (Dirk and Dustin are dating twins; they must at least KNOW each other) family.

Dirk and Lilith

I tried the couple switch thing once, since Dirk seemed like the "good kid" while Dustin was the "bad kid," but Lilith gets so much more character depth if she's just misunderstood. Dustin and Angela usually break up so he can focus on family.

Alexandra O'Makey and Julien Cooke
I never would have guessed this couple(thank you, matchmaker's crystal ball), but they had three bolts as soon as they met. They are just really adorable together!

Don usually ends up with Nina..just because they have better chemistry than Don and Dina. Dina often ends up with Malcom Landgrabb -for money AND love (double win). Kaylynn ends up with someone awesome, though she has some unfortunate relationships in between(and often a kid or five...)

(I might think of more later)

(Can you tell I like parenthesis?)

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." -Mark Twain

LJ Tumblr
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 4:47 AM
I'm continually going on about my favorite couples, but all those stories - Ernest and Sage Ann, Harris and Gabriella, Pigeon and Ezekial, Goz and Kitty, Tom Ottomas and Daisy Wheels, Joshua Ruben and Sally Mander, Sadie and Clovis, Ted and Harriet, Luz Iana and Billy Ghote, Luis Iana and Sharla Ottomas - take so long to tell! It's easier in a thread like this to deal with premades because the audience can be presumed to know the backstory. Ernest and Sage Ann are my hands-down favorites in all respects, but I won't go over all that again.

Kristen Loste was visiting General Buzz in my Strangetown just now, and she came into the kitchen behind him as he cleaned the counters and the boys did homework in the dining room, to give him a romantic hug. He hadn't even flirted her yet. The Grunts break my heart, so I'm glad for something good to happen for them. Her advent's a bit late to help Rip, and Tank is already in college finding himself. I'm completely sold on Tank and David Ottomas as a couple, when David finally gets to LFT, too.

The only premade/premade match in Drama Acres that I find particularly striking is Kevin Beare/Heather Huffington. He would not let go of Heather, no matter how often she broke his heart, and I finally turned her to Family junior year. She appears to lead him a dog's life, but all these years later, he's still got the moral high ground. Look at it one way, it's a sweet devoted relationship; look at it another, it's a creepy power game.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 5:31 AM
Lazlo Curious and Ophelia Nigmos.
...Yeah, pretty random pairing right there. But they're my most favorite couple EVER. <3
They met at some community lot in my first version of Strangetown. They had three bolts. SOULMATES. <3
I've paired them up in every version of Strangetown that I've had.
And they make beautiful kids. :3

And then there's Dina Caliente and Michael Bachelor from Pleasantview.
I resurrected Michael in my game after reading Fortune and Romance. He and Dina are too freaking adorable together in that story. ;w; I just had to pair them up in my game. I HAD TO.

|| Tumblr ||
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 5:35 AM
Sheet, you expect me to name my favorites out of like a jillion? There's so many I can claim! Not just Fleuradans, either!

Uhh.

Uhhhhhh.

Gilbert Jacquet and Chloe Curious. Yeah. They have a relationship based almost entirely on sex, but they have a close bond that enable them to be perfectly open about themselves. They don't particularly want to have any sort of commitment, but they have kids, so too bad for them. Despite the aversion to marriage, they're still best friends who want the best for each other, even if it means sacrificing their freedoms. It wasn't like Gilbert had freedom in the first place. His mom was a pain to deal with!

Also, Lazlo Curious and Erin Beaker. I summon Erin into the room to see if she had chemistry with Pascal, and she goes right for Lazlo. While I was working the other two brothers, they autonomously flirted, made out, and boinked, all in the same night. This was before I changed Erin's aspiration to Family. Heh. They're married now, and it's still flirtflirtflirtkisskisskissboinkflirtkiss with them.

There's more couples I could talk about...

Wait, do bromances count as a couple? Or not, because there's no boinking involved?
Instructor
#11 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 5:43 AM
The only premade Sim couple I really liked was John Burb and Brandi Broke. Jennifer and John rarely ever interacted with one another, but when I first played the Burbs, Brandi was apart of the welcome wagon. He greeted her, and they were max boltage, probably because of their aspirations. However they kept going back and forth calling each other, and Jennifer didn't seem to really care at all for the married life so after Lucy became a teen they divorced.

Another play in Pleasantview a separate one of course, I had Lucy and Dustin get together. They made quite the pair. I liked them together.

Oh, and a long time ago I was playing a custom neighborhood and I played the Gavigans, and I really really liked Isaiah, he kept coming home from school with Preston Miller, his mother was a young adult CAS born sim, and the two were constantly playing together as children, and they followed each other through their lives. It's a pity that hood borked on me. I loved them
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 6:33 AM
Ooh. I can't decide. Pleasantview is my most played hood so...

Mortimor & Dina
I always put these two together for some reason. I love old Morty and think he's so sweet. I kind of like the scandal of the gold digger succeeding in getting the rich guy. In my game they have twin boys and another baby on the way. They have a nice chemistry of he's retired and happy, she leaves him alone and he's happy.

Lillith and Dirk
I love these two together for a lot of the reasons listed above. He supports her and they just look so cute together. In uni I always make them form a rock band together.

Brandi and Townie
I generally find Brandi a really sweet rich guy and let her live happy ever after. She's pretty, smart, and all around awesome. She actually just married Chester Gieke in my game. I fixed him up and they're really happy. He let all of them move into his mansion.

Don and Nina I let play out their romances... Jennifer Burb is sleeping with Don too. Cassandra I like with Darren. That's all! :P

Marebear<3333
Inventor
#13 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 7:32 AM
Is this just for the pre-mades? I don't play any of those, but my favourite couples would be:

The Browns: I don't remember their first names, but they had 6 children and were the best parents in the sim-world. Momma Brown is dead now, but she was a stay at home Mum and I had the greatest time ever playing them. They eventually welcomed Alec Bigfoot into their home, so it was a rather large and busy household. Their children have all grown up and lead quite different lifes.
Melody was a murderer for a while, she fed her cowplant random sims then turned them into zombies then burnt them all to death. She has brain cancer now.
Courtney is married with a young daughter, she breeds dogs as a side hobby while her hubby flirts with every bird behind her back.
The rest I can't be bothered explaining since they're all pretty standard.

Amelia & Peter Sims:
I just love this couple, they only had one child but game him everything he could possibly need. They both had great jobs and were my go-to couple when I wanted to play a less hectic family.
They live in a small cottage now, both are retired and like working in the garden.

Dewie & Keenan Okely:
They met during college and it was pretty much love at first sight, they have recently got married and have started the adoption process. They bought a crappy old house and are slowly doing it up, I seriously cannot get enough of them. <3

There's so many more, but I can't be bothered going through them all.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 8:44 AM
Gavin Newson & Kali Ibori:

A relatively new couple, it's been difficult to get them together, because of the culture Kali comes from, they're not allowed any physical intimacy before marriage. They're also not allowed to go on dates alone, but instead Gavin has to court Kali, with her older brother Kibwe acting as chaperone. I'm planning on Gavin proposing to her next rotation, and them getting married the day after that, because it's a Saturday. Then Kali will move in with Gavin and his younger siblings who are still living at home (Gallagher, Gabriella, Georgia and Garrett) as well as Gavin's two adopted children, Melissa and Adam.

Carly Oates & Jay Oates/Holly Simpson & Jay Oates/Holly Simpson & Oliver Simpson

I like all of these parings, and the various children they produced. Holly and Jay were together in college, until Holly (a Romance sim) got bored and moved onto someone else, and Jay hooked up with Carly. When they all graduated, Holly and Jay started getting together behind Carly's back, even though Jay and Carly were engaged. When Holly told Jay she was pregnant, Jay freaked out, when home and got Carly pregnant too. Holly named her daughter JJ, supposedly Joyce Judith after Holly's two grandmothers, and Carly named her son Cian. The two of them were born on the same day. Then Holly got back together with Oliver, another ex-boyfriend from their college days. To most people, she tries to pass JJ off as Oliver's daughter, and he doesn't mind. He later proposed to Holly, and they have a son, Olay (Holly reckon's it's short for Oliver). Jay and Carly have two more children, Josie and Chris. I'd love for Carly to find out about JJ at some point, but I don't know how... maybe via gossip - Holly lives with her brother and sister, who both know about her affair with Jay.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Field Researcher
#15 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 9:29 AM
I also happened to pair up Leod McGreggor and Cleo Shikibu, and they also had my very first business (home business, selling farm produce), just like the OP. They were very much into each other, but as time went by, I noticed how very lazy Cleo was, all she ever wanted to do was play computer games... while Leod worked his a** off on the farm to make a living. When they had kids, she ignored them totally, playing her precious games, while Leod was a wonderful dad, constantly playing with his kids, snuggling, chatting, and wishing for more children. I then changed his aspiration to Family, he met a very nice girl (premade vacation local Angie Kalson, http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Angie_Kalson , she is quite nice looking with different hair), divorced the lazy cow Cleo and married Angie instead. They proceeded to have a gazillion kids (they both rolled the want over and over and over, and kept trying for baby autonomously -ACR- and Leod was ecstatic every time he had another child). His children with Angie helped him with the farm when they grew older, as did Angie herself, whereas one of his kids from his marriage to Cleo was a daddy's girl and helped out and eventually took over the business, but the other one spent all day every day playing computer games, just like his mother.

When I first started to play some of the premades, which took me a long time since I started out playing only my own sims, I for some reason really disliked Leod... well I don't like who he is when the game starts now either. But once I give him a makeover and change his aspiration (and Family is an aspiration I rarely use, so he's an exception), I really really really like Leod. He's my absolute favorite premade.

A second pairing I always end up with is Julien Cooke and Patricia Wan... Patricia had a hard time finding a life partner since Gabe met and married a nice hobby woman with whom he had 3 bolts... so I used the Crystal Ball to check for possible matches for Patricia, and Julien came up. With their turn ons adjusted, they have 3 bolts and are a very loving couple, who produces cute kids; I have them have their two boys in every incarnation of RBH (the same couple will always produce the same kids in any incarnation, if the birth sequence isn't randomized by other sims born/created during the same play session). I just keep trying until both kids are boys (the gender is always random, as is the eyebrow style, even though looks and personality are always the same), even though that sometimes means restarting the game several times if I'm unlucky, to reset the birth sequence again.

And then Don & Nina... starting to play Pleasantview, I had no idea about the pre-existing stories behind the sims, and no interest in them either, just like with every hood I've played... so I just ignored them and went with my own. I just saw, when starting to play, that Cassandra was supposed to marry Don... and couldn't understand why, since they had such poor chemistry. My sims always choose their Ones (ACR), all my couples have 3 bolts, and I had no intention of marrying anybody with poor chemistry who hadn't even really chosen each other, they were just set up. So I had them break up, and eventually Don ended up with Nina since he chose her himself (3 bolts, probably with adjusted turn ons, since I usually find the premade's original turn ons and -offs stupid), and Cassandra with Darren, also 3 bolts. I eventually read in some sims discussions that these are very common pairings, but to me they were all strangers at the time. Also, since I don't choose partners for my sims, they choose for themselves 100 % (although to get them to meet potential partners I might use the crystal ball to find the 5 best candidates, teleport them to the lot and see what happens... but I never direct my sims to take action), I can't take credit for any pairings. Anyway, Don and Nina produce some of my favorite kids, And Cass and Darren are very happy, although their kids aren't that fortunate looks-wise... no surprise there, since their mother looks like a horse-faced man in a dress. :P
Instructor
#16 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 2:04 PM
Cassandra Goth and Darren Dreamer. I like Cassandra and think she deserves a better and more compatible guy than Don. Darren really loves Cassandra, while Don´s motives seems suspicious. Cassandra and Darren´s children are cute as heck too.

Don Lothario and Nina Caliente. They married in my game, and surprisingly mostly rolled wants for each other. Some cheating wants but not many, so despite being romance sims I think they enjoyed being married. They had two good looking kids too.

Brandi Broke and a CAS-sim/townie. She deserves love and during some of my Pleasantview games I have created an own very compatible sim for her. I have also married her to different townies, to John Burb and to Darren Dreamer. But John is one of my least favorite premade sims and not good enough for her. And Darren is someone I simply want with Cassandra.

Tybalt Capp and a random townie/dormie. In Veronaville there is not many choices for the sims since there are only 3 different families, so you have to rely on townies/dormies. Tybalt always marry a redhead (yes, I want his children to have red hair!) popularity/fortune girl.

Miranda Capp and Mercutio Monty. Both of them are rebels and I think none of them cares about the feud between their families.

Oberon and Titania Summerdream. They already live together, are in love and have two children together. I always marry them, since they just seems like the ultimate couple for me. They also always have some biological children in my game.

Strangetown is a neighborhood I unfortunately havn´t played in for any longer time. I have restarted it a dozen times, but never had much progress. Because of that I can´t really pick a favorite couple. But I guess I like Nervous and Lola together and Buzz and Erin. Loki and Cirke Beaker are already married and that´s something I have never planned to change. Those two totally suit good together.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Saturnfly
Is this just for the pre-mades? I don't play any of those, but my favourite couples would be:

The Browns: I don't remember their first names, but they had 6 children and were the best parents in the sim-world. Momma Brown is dead now, but she was a stay at home Mum and I had the greatest time ever playing them. They eventually welcomed Alec Bigfoot into their home, so it was a rather large and busy household. Their children have all grown up and lead quite different lifes.
Melody was a murderer for a while, she fed her cowplant random sims then turned them into zombies then burnt them all to death. She has brain cancer now.
Courtney is married with a young daughter, she breeds dogs as a side hobby while her hubby flirts with every bird behind her back.
The rest I can't be bothered explaining since they're all pretty standard.

Amelia & Peter Sims:
I just love this couple, they only had one child but game him everything he could possibly need. They both had great jobs and were my go-to couple when I wanted to play a less hectic family.
They live in a small cottage now, both are retired and like working in the garden.

Dewie & Keenan Okely:
They met during college and it was pretty much love at first sight, they have recently got married and have started the adoption process. They bought a crappy old house and are slowly doing it up, I seriously cannot get enough of them. <3

There's so many more, but I can't be bothered going through them all.

No it doesn't have to be just the pre-made couples.
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I'm continually going on about my favorite couples, but all those stories - Ernest and Sage Ann, Harris and Gabriella, Pigeon and Ezekial, Goz and Kitty, Tom Ottomas and Daisy Wheels, Joshua Ruben and Sally Mander, Sadie and Clovis, Ted and Harriet, Luz Iana and Billy Ghote, Luis Iana and Sharla Ottomas - take so long to tell! It's easier in a thread like this to deal with premades because the audience can be presumed to know the backstory. Ernest and Sage Ann are my hands-down favorites in all respects, but I won't go over all that again.

Kristen Loste was visiting General Buzz in my Strangetown just now, and she came into the kitchen behind him as he cleaned the counters and the boys did homework in the dining room, to give him a romantic hug. He hadn't even flirted her yet. The Grunts break my heart, so I'm glad for something good to happen for them. Her advent's a bit late to help Rip, and Tank is already in college finding himself. I'm completely sold on Tank and David Ottomas as a couple, when David finally gets to LFT, too.

The only premade/premade match in Drama Acres that I find particularly striking is Kevin Beare/Heather Huffington. He would not let go of Heather, no matter how often she broke his heart, and I finally turned her to Family junior year. She appears to lead him a dog's life, but all these years later, he's still got the moral high ground. Look at it one way, it's a sweet devoted relationship; look at it another, it's a creepy power game.

My bad maybe I should have put a number Limit Lol
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
Sheet, you expect me to name my favorites out of like a jillion? There's so many I can claim! Not just Fleuradans, either!

Uhh.

Uhhhhhh.

Gilbert Jacquet and Chloe Curious. Yeah. They have a relationship based almost entirely on sex, but they have a close bond that enable them to be perfectly open about themselves. They don't particularly want to have any sort of commitment, but they have kids, so too bad for them. Despite the aversion to marriage, they're still best friends who want the best for each other, even if it means sacrificing their freedoms. It wasn't like Gilbert had freedom in the first place. His mom was a pain to deal with!

Also, Lazlo Curious and Erin Beaker. I summon Erin into the room to see if she had chemistry with Pascal, and she goes right for Lazlo. While I was working the other two brothers, they autonomously flirted, made out, and boinked, all in the same night. This was before I changed Erin's aspiration to Family. Heh. They're married now, and it's still flirtflirtflirtkisskisskissboinkflirtkiss with them.

There's more couples I could talk about...

Wait, do bromances count as a couple? Or not, because there's no boinking involved?

It doesn't have to be love couples no, it can be your favourite bromance or favourite girlfriends. (In terms of two best friends who are female. )
Field Researcher
#20 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 5:15 PM
Okay, premades in no particular order.... I hope it's okay that I listed more than seven!:

Kent Capp and Bianca Monty: I thought the family descriptions for them were hinting that there was more than a friendship between them (something like "Bianca's affections for Regan's brother Kent...." and "Bianca wants to start a family. Who will she settle down with?"), which makes me wonder why Maxis set Kent up with a slight attraction for men. So, in my own personal backstory for Kent, I decided that he only told his family he was gay so his parents would stop setting him up with the type of woman that they thought he should marry- i.e. snobby socialites.
Kent and Bianca also seem to balance each other out- I always play Bianca as an artist (all-black outfit: stereotypical artist!) and Kent as a very academic Knowledge sim. I actually know a couple kind of like that IRL, and they have a great relationship.

P.T. #9 and Jenny Smith: Happy suburban 1950's family with an alien twist! They just seem so content together. In relation to him being the father of Jenny's half-sisters (I think that's how it goes), I decided that alien impregnation is more along the lines of surgery as opposed to... whatever Maxis was going for.

Jill Smith and Buck Grunt: Jill's half-alien, Buck's dad is prejudiced against aliens... bound to happen, right? They're also friendly with each other at the beginning of the game- 20/20, if I remember right. Buck's so sweet that people might take advantage of him, and Jill might balance that out a little. If you want to be a deep-sea welder someday, you've probably got at least a little bit of an edge to you!

Armand DeBateau and Samantha Cordial: I just don't see Armand being paired with an evil witch. Even though I don't think of him as a snob or that he runs in classist circles, it still doesn't seem to go. Plus, I just like Samantha better, and she's ended up being a great stepmother to Tara in my game.

Cassandra Goth and Pascal Curious: I got tired of Cassandra and Darren, and thought she might like to end up with a sciencey-type guy, since that's what she's interested in. I could've tried to fix her up with Vidcund, but I don't like him enough for that! It also helps that Cassandra has high playful points in contrast to Pascal's complete lack of them. He's also pregnant with an alien baby, and who better to help raise one than a fellow scientist?

Oberon and Titania Summerdream: I never quite got why Maxis only had them living together at the start of the game. They're the only premade couple living together with kids (IIRC), so why would Maxis set them up that way? Anyhoo, they just seem so right for each other, and they both seem like good-hearted people/fairies/elves/whatever.

Dina Caliente and Connor Weir: I think I've said before somewhere on here that Dina's mainly looking for a stable, mature guy who's focused on his job, as opposed to just a rich old guy. Connor seems to fit the bill quite nicely, IMO.

Nina Caliente and Julien Cooke: Even though Julien only has four nice points, he just strikes me as being a really good, decent guy. IIRC, he fell in love with Nina on their first date and wanted to get engaged to her right away. He's never looked back since, and now they're married with twins and one (two?) more on the way. He's still crazy about her, rolling wants to flirt with her, talk to her, etc.

Lazlo Curious and Erin Beaker: Count me in as another fan! They're both the odd, ditzy ones out in their serious, sciencey families, so it seems like they'd have a lot in common.

Bella and Mortimer Goth: This is one of those couples that I could never see myself splitting up. They're just... meant to be! Although I didn't see them quite that way in Sims 1... I'm guessing because of the faces (heads, really) Maxis gave them. Mortimer looked slimy and Bella looked pouty. It wouldn't have seemed out of character if one or both of them cheated. But in Sims 2, they seem too moral and in love to do that.

Blossom Moonbeam and Johnny Smith: What better way to make a person who's half-alien feel comfortable with themselves than a hippie? I used to love Johnny and Ophelia together, but she's fallen out of favor with me. It started when she flirted with Tank right in front of Johnny, and it's been downhill from there. Anyway, Johnny decided to follow his mom into medicine, so when he reached his junior year I changed his aspiration to Knowledge/Popularity, and he and Blossom have had three bolts ever since!

Tank Grunt and Angela Pleasant: They're both smart, athletic kids who are under too much pressure from their parents. They also both have a sibling that they're at odds with. Lots in common there!

Tank Grunt and Stella Terrano: Last Megahood, I put them together. Even with him as a Popularity sim and her as a Knowledge sim, they had two bolts. What I imagined is this... they ended up in the same dorm. Tank, of course, had anti-alien hatred drilled into him, but she doesn't look menacing. She just looks homesick and lonely. So he reaches out to her, and they eventually fall in love.

Other:

Elden Hick and Claire Charming: From Sims 1. Elden always seemed to me like a decent, good-hearted, stable guy (I seem to be saying this a lot ) who lives with Mama because she's too stupid and irresponsible to take care of herself. In her bio, it says that she lost all her money to her Psychic Phone Friend, so that seems to imply a lack of good judgment. Elden's bio says that he's "a hard worker and a mean pinball player. Not many people know that he has a fondness for classical music." Claire's bio says that she likes to listen to live music in her spare time, so they've got that in common. She seems to be grounded and mature too, plus they're both dog lovers!

Mack Grunt and Mercury Curious: In-game born kids. Mack's parents are General Buzz and Melissa Fancey (now Grunt), and Mercury is Lazlo's daughter via alien abduction. They're not teens yet, but I have every intention of nudging them towards each other when they are. They've got compatible star signs, and I picture him keeping an eye out for her, since she has zero outgoing points. They're good friends already, and get along well.
#21 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 6:31 PM
Now mind you I restart /reinstall once every 2 weeks and then reinstall once every other month. So these are old, but still common for me to get around to if they roll sexuality wise the way these pair up.
Don Lothario & Goopy Gilscarbo two romance bros living together banging al lthe same girls then finally realizing they were mnissing what was in front of them all the time.

Brandi Broke & Makoto St. Julien he seems to really get the boys into order and he always dotes on her.

Cassandra Goth & Malcolm Landgraab IV that old money routine nothing more nothing les they dont even always like each other

Dina Caliente & Oliver Seavey (the really cute one not the ugly one) mostly for perfect babies

Nina Caliente & Jason Menon- ever since i first installed apartment life and he walked by the Calientes i knew she had to have him

Jason Larson & Jason Cleveland cleveland always rolls gay in my game so i needed a reason to use the larsons and i thought the faces would be really interesting together.

Dustin Broke & Rodney Jung the weirdest pairing ever I admit but seeing as how I see Dustin as a pot smoking thuggie and maxis thought rodney jung could be white with prominent african facial features it just seems to mix somehow.

Johnny Smith & Stella Terrano because we all know it takes 2 purebred(well nearly) aliens to start a takeover.
Theorist
#22 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 7:47 PM
In terms of pre-mades, Johnny Smith & Ripp Grunt ever since I accidentally made them a couple during my first play session. (I couldn't understand why a useful interaction like being charming was listed under "Flirt" -- until those hearts started flying. Yes, I was a n00b. ) But Johnny autonomously swooned over Ripp whenever he walked in the room, even with base game only, and Ripp never rolled any Wants for anyone else even as a Romance sim.

In terms of my own Sims, a born-in-game named Jon and a dormie named Emmy have to be one of my favorites. (Emmy was the S3 brown-haired dormie in the orange striped sweater and jeans from Sim State; she gets a different name in every 'hood.) Their daughter Sarah Jane and her husband Tim (born-in-game) were also great, and their grandson Descartes and his wife Abbey (the S2 redheaded Knowledge dormie from Academie La Tour) are pure Awesome. That whole line just produces cute couples.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#23 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
Now mind you I restart /reinstall once every 2 weeks and then reinstall once every other month.

Huh? Restarting I understand, but why on earth are you reinstalling so often/ever?
Link Ninja
#24 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 9:06 PM
I don't know if I have that many favorite couples. I don't play with pre-mades but have developed quite a hefty populated neighborhood in three generations.

I loved Carolyn and Mitch Piper, they are both deceased now from old age. She was a feisty knowledge redhead and he was a dashing family-oriented cop who became captain hero at one time. They had five children, four boys and a girl. They probably had the best woohoo life over time too. It's sad they are gone but they have plenty of children and grandchildren to carry on their legacy

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

#25 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 10:09 PM
empty/clean templates mostly. All the switching back and forth will result in at least something screwing up due to user error. I don't mind it basically since it gives me time to really go back through all my CC while loading the games and reading the manuals and ditching what i've used that I don't want anymore or ridding myself of 50 similar dining chairs when I see one already included in an ep that I could recolor.

I actually lean towards Pascal Curious/Crystal Vu instead of the original Lazlo/Crystal they just don't seem compatible to me. (to keep this all on topic)
Page 1 of 4