Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Faster kill pussycat
#26 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DaisyTighfield
I've been getting a weird bug with toddlers, where when they try to learn how to walk, talk, or use the potty the progress bar just keeps reseting :confused:

HuH I have had that happen in Sims2 when they have a birthday. Some one will pick them up and then set them down over and over again. But That is when I use the inseminator.

Nova :werd:

Now I'm not looking for absolution. Forgiveness for the things I do. But before you come to any conclusions. Try walking in my shoes. You'll stumble in my footsteps.
Advertisement
#27 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 12:19 AM
One of my NPC's was outside in the front of the dorm going back and forth between bushes with an evil grin on her face, as if she were going to steal it or something. She was doing this for hours at a time. I'm not sure if this occured at all in TS2.
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 12:21 AM
I have noticed that sometimes their cell phones will lock up on me. What I mean by this is that I will have them make a call to a Sim and they just stand there looking like they are frozen with the phone up to their ear. I first thought it was one house, but noticed other houses doing it too. They seem to be able to call transportation and services and such fine, but calling other Sims will lock them up and I have to restart the game sometimes two times to reset them. Same thing when the phone rings. Have them try and answer it and it is like I never set them to answer it, the action just cancels before they get to the top and set.

When this happens, it also effects the "landlines" where no one can answer them. I don't have any phone hacks or any hacks or anything that would or should get in the way of this, so I am not sure what is going on, but it is happening quite frequently in my game.

Is this happening with anyone else?
Test Subject
#29 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 12:22 AM
I've been playing UNI about 15 earth hours now. I've taken one Young Adult through her Sophomore year and two others through their Freshman years. I played the first few hours without any hacks, but with most of my custom objects and clothing installed. Then I put all the hacks back except for the ones known to cause problems (See Daisy's thread). I've visited all the places on Campus except the Frat house.

So far, the only possible bugs were:

a.) 1 instance of the old Jump Bug while in a hottub I installed in one of the Dorms.
b.) 1 instance when answering the phone when the Sim just froze for a few seconds. I clicked hangup and things went back to normal.
c.) Sometimes the Class Performance Meter drops into the Red indicating academic problems even though the student has a 4.0GPA, hasn't missed a class, and is up on all homework. However, each time it fixed itself later in the day.

So far no other problems that I've noticed. Pretty stable overall. I had the hacks installed when a and b occurred. Item c has occurred both before and after hacks were installed.
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 12:26 AM
One other comment. This EP did NOT fix the old Slow Bug/NPC problem that results from a service NPC getting stuck on a lot, which then causes more and more NPCs to be generated until the game slows to a crawl. I tested this out on our Legacy family that has this stuck NPC. The problem still exists. I was really hoping Maxis would fix that one this time since it's probably the biggest remaining bug in the Sims 2 basic game. Sigh!
Test Subject
#31 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by laurenke
My Sims don't move their mouth when using the phone (or cell phone) anymore. It is really weird to hear the Sims speak, but not move their mouths. I made a request in the hack forum to correct this, but it seems like none of the people who make hacks actually have the game yet. So I don't know when this (or any bug we find) will get patched.

When this happens to me, as I mentioned earlier, and I left this part out, their relationships don't progress at all. do they for you?
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 1:05 AM
1) One time a cheerleader came over and stayed in my hot tub until about 3 or 4 days later when I 'called over'.

2)After doing the "typical" installation my neighborhoods are showing up as green terrain with grids. I'd say that is a BIG BUG that needs to be fixed so other people don't have to put up with the crap I did. I HAVE TO RE-INSTALL THE GAME. I'm gonna lose all my stuff... :-(
Test Subject
#33 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 1:16 AM
I don't know if I should be posting this here, but, my Uni sims cannot do assignment.s I don't know if it is the boolprop enable cheats thingie or Insiminator, that's the only hack I have up until now.... I have been using the debug mode b/c i can't enter my lots, without an error about careers....I have used Clean Installer, probably a half dozen times, and have yet to find the culprits....according to the errors, its 3 hacks that are hidding amongst my game....somebody, anybody, please help....
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 1:25 AM
Tangy you can try the hack scanner on this website. It found a couple hacks for me that Clean Installer didn't.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iri5hxeis
One of my NPC's was outside in the front of the dorm going back and forth between bushes with an evil grin on her face, as if she were going to steal it or something. She was doing this for hours at a time. I'm not sure if this occured at all in TS2.

I am sorry, but that is funny

You Don't have to suport the war to suport our troops
God be with my baby boy, left for Iraq 01/08/08
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 1:33 AM
wow, a god damned list of BAD bugs .......
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 1:34 AM
I guess University is a rushed expansion.. and now they should release patches.
Test Subject
#38 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 1:41 AM
Okay I got a cool bug.... The Jesus bug! When I send my sims swimming periodically they jump up and walk on water. This happened in a house I designed to look like the T from Teen Tiatans for my little son, wich was kind of cool because he thinks I modded them superpowers LOL... I couldn't tell him I was not that good a modder yet hehe.... so I have let it be. I think it might have something to do with the top of the T extending out away from the house with the supports deleted but I am clueless... Might just be a new hack bug with the EP I dunno...let me know if anyone else has seen this.
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 1:46 AM
Anyone ever see this one yet. My sims now walk on water since I got the Ep, either I got a new hack issue here, or a bug....OR Jesus Christ has been ressurected within the form of a Teen Titan sim. Actually I haven't bothered to fix this one because it is in my lil sons Teen Titan house and he tinks I modded them superpowers hehe.... Seriously it might just be because of the way I made the house form a shape of a T , the pool is not under the T at all but maybe it is extending out..I dunno, this is kind of a cool bug though, I'm going to make a Jesus sim just for the heck of it now and freak people out....
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 1:48 AM
Okay, I preface this with I have nothing in my downloads folder. Nothing. It's completely empty. None of these tics are life threatening but they are strange.

1. Whenever one of the costumed mascot characters uses the pineapple shaped bar they freeze in place. I use the boolprop method to free the Sim but the costume remains behind stuck in the same position. I've tried to delete it but no go.

2. A game generated Sim arrived at the dorm and claimed her door. She walked into her room and two seconds later the Grim Reaper came out and went to class. The Sim and not the Grim Reaper returned from class.

3. My Sim returns from class, fades into view on end of the lot and then is suddenly at the other end.

4. My Sim did his college assignment on the medieval wooden table and his hands disappeared. They stayed gone for about a day. I had to exit the game and then when I went back in the Sims hands were back but he had a ring on even though he isn't married in the game.
Test Subject
#41 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 1:54 AM
vecarnex, I think that might be a bug related to the Teen Woohoo hack. I personally don't keep track of that hack, but I do know that walking on water (only with teens I think) is caused.

Now, I have a major bug. This has basically gotten rid of many icons. When I look at memories, instead of seeing those thumbnails, all I see are blue, green, or red icons. Work, School, and College icons are missing too. Certain actions icons are gone too. The go to work, school, and class ones just appear as blue icons. When my sims are talking, some thoughts in their thought bubble are scrambled or look like jagged lines. BTW, I'm fairly certain these are not hack related, because I have only the flamigos of happiness/extasy.

I've also had a phone-type bug, where I kept telling my sim to call another sim from her cell phone, and the action would just disappear. It took a couple of seconds to get it to work again.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 1:56 AM
guys i am having a problem... my Pleasantview and Strangetown files (N001 and N002) are corrupted and i no longer have those two neighborhoods. how do i fix this?
Test Subject
#43 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 2:01 AM
BTW: the site was screwing up... I posted that first one and got bounced then came in and did it again...so I'm not some lunatic repaeting himself..total accident....
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 2:02 AM
Thank You, Kasta. I will try that now, thanks again
#45 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 2:17 AM
My only additional interesting bug is still happening. I have Ms. Biggs from the Academie woohoo with some boy (can't remember) and I was given the Try For Baby option...thought I'd torture her perfect A+ grades with having to take care of a baby. After the woohoo, I heard the lovely little tune indicating pregnancy...that was 2 quarters ago! She's yet to show any signs other than I longer have the Try For Baby option. Guess pregnancy doesn't exist at college anymore! LOL.
Inventor
#46 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blondmsl
My only additional interesting bug is still happening. I have Ms. Biggs from the Academie woohoo with some boy (can't remember) and I was given the Try For Baby option...thought I'd torture her perfect A+ grades with having to take care of a baby. After the woohoo, I heard the lovely little tune indicating pregnancy...that was 2 quarters ago! She's yet to show any signs other than I longer have the Try For Baby option. Guess pregnancy doesn't exist at college anymore! LOL.

Pregnancy is not an option in the standard gameplay for the 'young adults'. It might be possible with some future hack, but not right now.
Forum Resident
#47 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 2:43 AM
roxy i got my young adult pregnant with the 1.5 insimuator so ya can already do it:d
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 3:01 AM
When my Sims throw parties in the dorms, the guests always go into other rooms and you cannot see or talk to them unless you go into buy mode and use the moveobjects cheat to take them out of the room.
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 3:08 AM
I found one in my regular neighborhood. One of the doorways in a house was showing the wall inside of the door frame instead of the door, but my Sims could still walk through it - they just walked through the wall. LOL To fix it I just went into build mode and picked up the door and reset it in the same place and then I could see the door.
Instructor
#50 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Neither of these are bugs, nor are they unique to university. Every time you change appearance on a mirror, regardless of whether you make any changes, it regenerates the Sim snapshot, possibly including the pose, which is what allows you to make a new snapshot or thumbnail that matches anytime you plan a new outfit. You never could mop puddles on grass. That's a TS1 behavior. Try this in real life if you want, though.

I didn't know about the grass. But the image on the puck never changed for me b4 I installed the EP. I had a hell of a time trying to change a godawful puck image once...so if it did change, I would've noticed.
Page 2 of 18