Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
Twinbrook is definitely my favourite world. It's creepy and trashy and yet it's very beautiful at the same time. I don't usually bother with pre-made Sims but Ambitions has most of my favourites. Later packs have much better looking Sims, but nothing can beat Sims with names like Penny Pincher, Juan Darer, Nick Knack and Molly Coddle. Even the NCPs have funny names, like Anne T. Septik (a maid) and Ree Treave (the repo man).

I'm not a huge fan of the "careers" that came with the pack...I find them too time-consuming when playing large households, but I love the self-employed careers like painting, sculpting, fishing, inventing, writing, gardening and how selling your wares at the consignment shop makes those careers seem more real. If you have WA, your Sims can earn a living through photography or nectar making too.

And (I hate myself as I type this, but) I love the addition of laundry. I don't know why, but I love watching my Sims do completely banal things like fishing, cleaning and laundry.

This would be my answer, plus giving aeval99 about 10 stars for the post itself. *heart-heart*
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 11:02 PM
Meteors!
Test Subject
#28 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 1:26 PM
i love the inventor self-employment and ghost hunting
Instructor
#29 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 1:36 PM
Ambitions is by far my favourite EP, of the ones I have played. I have played all of them except Supernatural. The launrdy system is my favourite. Pretty much all of my houses have washing machine and dryer. Most of time I play the self-employment careers, especially if my sims have kids.
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dressingupskittles
I'm thinking about buying Ambitions, but I'd like to know a little more about it. If you've bought it, what is your favorite thing about Ambitions? :p

what i like most about the sims 3 ambitions is the ghost hunter job. It makes me feel like a ghost buster
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LukeProduction
absolutely the professions! these complete the game! =)

i know right the professions are great i love them alot. going with my sims to work is better than speeding time :lovestruc
Icy Spicy
#32 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 3:09 PM
Professions especially the detective career , the cool motorbike,Twinbrook,inventing,self employed careers.For me Ambitions is an integral part of Sims 3.
Scholar
#33 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 5:34 PM
Be aware that eco-friendly sims get a lot of negative moodlets from doing things like driving alone or taking a bath. You just shouldn't have a bathtub or even one of the combo showers on your lot if you have an eco-friendly sim because they will bathe on their own and have a bad mood while doing it. I can't imagine playing the game with out Ambitions and Generations installed since they add so much depth to the game and so much more fun to do.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 7:12 PM
SimBots. Robots are the best. (Probably why my family has four robots; one of which is a SimBot.)

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 10:40 PM
BG had just about every service lot, but didn't have Fire Stations, despite having the service option on the phone. Such is an inconsistency for a game with an open-world that the AMB pack seems to rectify. So, basically this ones favourite feature is Fire Stations.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 8:45 PM
The new objects and self-employment options. Good-bye 9-5 job, hello life as a fisherman!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 9:08 PM
Sim-bots came with Ambitions? Darn, should have remembered that! I'm using the new patch to begin at the beginning and slowly adding expansion packs. I'm probably going to need Ambitions sooner than I thought thought as I'm playing a science sim.
Did the Time Machine come with Ambitions?
Field Researcher
#38 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 10:19 AM
Love everything in Ambitions and i love architect career the most.
Theorist
#39 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 5:41 PM
Bought this for myself for Christmas....Sims 3 was getting stale...so I can't wait to play but will wait till the 25th!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#40 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 8:37 PM
Only thing is, there is no lifetime wish to reach the top of the Education career track. Typically I'd choose a skill-based LTW for Sims in the Education career, such as Renaissance Sim.

Unless someone has a mod for that, haven't hunted around for one.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Test Subject
#41 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 2:10 AM
What I like most a about ambitions is that I didn't add it during the last Install.
The residents tend to be pug ugly, if there not the kids are.
Will Wright has always belived frustration is fun. Can I still blame him? The last patch has the maxis logo.
In the Sims2 you could give them free will and they'd more or less maintain. Add an ep and they'll distroy there lives.
The same seems to go for the sims3, each ep adds things that you realize you don't want and makes life harder.
Page 2 of 2