Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Semi-realistic default freckles & moles

by Ketheira Posted 8th Apr 2013 at 4:38 PM - Updated 29th Dec 2013 at 6:57 PM by Ketheira : Change to better title name.

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 4:51 PM
Thanks, these look great~
Were they made with game version 1.50, or a different version?
Inventor
#3 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 6:12 PM
I will totally try these out!

I admit that I have been kind of hunting around for freckles that are realistic but have more dramatic color contrast than you'd see in real life. You have to zoom in very closely on the sim to see the default EA freckles, no matter what they look like. I'd like to have more freckled sims, but it seems kind of like a waste of time when it's so hard to tell.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 6:38 PM Last edited by FREEDOM_55 : 13th Apr 2013 at 12:17 PM.
oh yes ! I've been needing this. Thank -you!
Bunned
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 7:44 PM
These are perfect! I was just looking for some good freckles like these yesterday, and I couldn't find anything! Thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 9:45 PM
Is there any way you could make non-default versions as well?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 10:45 PM
thank you for share
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 8:34 AM
daluved1 has a video tutorial on making these non-default.

I used to have a UI mod one here too that expanded the number of slots of freckles/ beauty marks; but I doubt its compatible since its been four or five expacks since I've last laid hands on Sims3
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 1:36 PM
Nice work! But I agree with JaneGreenEyes, I would love having these as non-default.
Quote: Originally posted by Rez Delnava
I used to have a UI mod one here too that expanded the number of slots of freckles/ beauty marks; but I doubt its compatible since its been four or five expacks since I've last laid hands on Sims3

I use it with 1.50 and it still works fine. I have about 20 several freckles and beauty marks now (most of them converted by myself, cause I didn't find many that are not categorized as makeup).
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 7:09 PM
Thank you! I've been wanting default replacements for these for awhile, but never saw any I liked as much.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 11:21 PM
this is much needed thanks i love my sims to have freckles but ea's look less than good having these as defaults is great because i don't like having a ton of cc in my games anymore.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 5:45 PM
Oi, this was a happy surprise - so many comments on my first uploads! thank you so much. It's nice to see that others have been wanting new default freckles as much as I did. I hope these lives up to its anticipations.

Oh and a non-default version is coming up... soon!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 4amMist
Thanks, these look great~
Were they made with game version 1.50, or a different version?

Yea, 1.50 version.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 4:49 AM
I got to ask: Do these put freckles on every sim even the townies? OR do you decide what sim has them?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by instantmagic
I got to ask: Do these put freckles on every sim even the townies? OR do you decide what sim has them?

It's a default replacement. That means every sim in your game - including the townies - will automatically have them once downloaded. At least those who should have had sims original freckles, not every sim has those (you can apply them in create-a-sim/household near the makeup).

They are not "set in stone" among with the skin itself if that is what you mean, it only overrides the original freckle- and mole-textures.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 11:52 AM
I've used these in game, and I really like them.
They're subtle freckles (not too dark) and they don't distort like some CC freckles can.

I'd love to see body freckles to match these ones.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 5:25 PM
I absolutely LOVE these freckles, they look really natural and look great. The moles are also really well done, I just wish that there was a way to download the freckles and moles separate. Mostly since it gets rid of the beauty mark near the eye look which I'm honestly pretty fond of.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:45 AM
Thank you so much for this! As a person with freckles, it's a challenge to find some freckles and moles that look realistic. EA's version looked like blooming zits to me. So this is a Godsend to me, even more so when I all I could find for a while were freckles and moles that are categorized as makeup. (I respect the creators who made them, just extremely happy to see default freckles now that look realistic.) Thank you again!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneGreenEyes
Is there any way you could make non-default versions as well?

Non-defaults are now uploaded. They are also packed separately if you want to use some of them and remove others. Just unzip, choose and place in Mods.

Enjoy!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th May 2013 at 12:51 AM
Finally! Realistic freckles that are defaults! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th May 2013 at 5:20 PM
Love these. Thankyou
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 6:02 PM
Is this Compatible with 1.55?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 8:11 AM
I really must know, before I download, is this compatible with patch 1.75? :o
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 10:38 PM
Well I made them with 1.50, but they still work fine in my up-to-date game. Tell me if I need to reupload a newer version, and I'll see it fixed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 28th May 2015 at 5:58 PM
<3
Page 1 of 2