Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ninja Career v1.01

by Moraelin Posted 11th Apr 2013 at 3:39 PM - Updated 12th Apr 2013 at 4:04 PM by Moraelin

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 4:20 PM
BTW, if anyone knows what key must I use in the translation files to rename the standard tones (e.g., have "Suck Up To Sensei" instead of "Suck Up To Boss"), I'd really be grateful if they shared the info.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 4:39 PM
This is pretty cool, thanks for sharing!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 6:12 PM
Change the names in the main code and make sure you add the extra line or two in the UnhashedKeys and Strings files, just the same as the Meet Coworkers and Hang With Coworkers tones
Nice job!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 7:24 PM
Yay, now I really can have pirates vs. ninjas!
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 8:03 PM
@Sciffy Circo
Lol. I was actually getting the same pirates-vs-ninjas idea :p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 1:36 PM
You can so tell the later ranks are based off of Naruto.

Not that I'm complaining - that's the whole reason I'm downloading it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katya4
You can so tell the later ranks are based off of Naruto.

Not that I'm complaining - that's the whole reason I'm downloading it!

Well, not just Naruto. Naruto just is based on the relatively modern ninja myths and stories, but it's not the only one.

The romanticized idea of Ninja doing all sorts of superhuman stuff, including controlling the elements, actually started at least as far way back as the Edo period, i.e., 17'th century. And REALLY took off after the Meiji Restoration (1868), when the Samurai aristocracy got disbanded, which got rid of their shinobi (ninja) retainers too. Now all sorts of romanticized and idealized versions of them started popping up.

As are the ranks. The rank of Jonin for example must be at least as old as the 16'th century, when Fujibayashi Nagato is credited with being one of the three greatest Jonin of the Iga school.

Naruto is a couple of centuries too late to invent all that :p
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 6:21 PM
OK, looks like the files for the update are up. It only renames three of the standard tones to "Meet The Clan Members", "Chat To Clan Members" and "Suck Up To Sensei". Nothing else was changed, so if you got the old version and the old names didn't bother you, you don't have to download the new version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 2:07 PM
What exactly happens when a job ends at midnight? Just curious to know. Thanks in advance, and also thanks for the mod.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chamomile_The_Seal
What exactly happens when a job ends at midnight? Just curious to know. Thanks in advance, and also thanks for the mod.

Basically, every other day the sim just doesn't leave work. Apparently now they're working until the next midnight.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 12:51 AM
Awesome! I can't wait til I add this to my game and use it!
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 3:25 PM
Can you add the string translations? I would like to translate the career for brazilian portuguese.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 4:47 PM
Well, I'm kinda paranoid about translations because I can't verify that it says what it should say, and I'd rather not end up with, say, a Russian translation that says "idi na hui" (apparently not literally the same, but somewhat equivalent in usage to "go F### yourself") :p
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 10:15 PM
I understand you, but I promisse that my translation it's not like that. I already translated careers here, in the Seasons Pack of missyhissy.
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th May 2013 at 2:15 PM
I like the idea of ninja career but there's 1 thing that keeps me away from using this career-no Russian translation. I know English but my knowledge is defective...
Maybe you can let him translate? Please
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 1:37 AM
Omw i totally love this career it got me so excitd!!! but theres 1 slight proplem, see, when allowed my sim to be in that career, and i click on my sims portrait panel on the left on the sim that has the ninja career, it freezes and i cant click on any other sim portrait panel and im stuck on mine. I have the latest patch for my game which is 1.55 . Please help
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 2:21 AM
Ok so i found the main cause for my problem, if i click with my sim currently doing the ninja course, my skills tab and career tab freezes and i cant click any of the other sim portraits on the left. Still trying to find a solution ...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 9:33 PM
For some reason this career effects all other careers. I have Mechanical Engineering installed in my game as well. The Ninja career pops up fine, but the Engineering career wont show. If I uninstall the Ninja career, the rest of the careers I have installed will pop up just fine. Will you please update?
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 6:27 PM
Brilliant this is perfect i would love it even more if you could add in the ANBU and ANBU Squad Leader as a temporary profession path and then to Kage, if this is asking to much im sorry i dont know anything about modding TS3, but anyways i LOVE IT ALREADY! THANKYOU!

P.S. Nice Naruto theme