Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#51 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd
You are still making stuff? You are awesome.

OMG, hi =) long time no speak to. Really nice to see your name on the forum again. So are you playing again or just visiting? :P
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 4:11 PM
Toying with adding fruit to another spawner, but then only the wizard, physician and spy would be able to harvest them.

My way round this would be to use the gathering heroes like a shop....so when on another hero who can't harvest them I'd use 'view inventory' to take the items, and then use 'give money' to pay for them.

Any thoughts on this?

I realize not everyone uses the same mods though, so I could also add them to the shop....which brings me to a question for Grim :D
Is there any way to make it so the items a hero sells to the shop can then become purchasable to other sims?
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 8:26 PM
Could you add the herbalsim trait to everyone, something like Simrecruit dd for combat?

Or did he do that some other way...

By the way did you actually fix the bonus levels in that mod?
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 10:53 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 15th Jun 2013 at 11:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ForumZombie
Could you add the herbalsim trait to everyone, something like Simrecruit dd for combat?

Or did he do that some other way...

By the way did you actually fix the bonus levels in that mod?

Nope, it would use the same xml as sim recruits combat mod.
You can use the core to add the ability if a work around shop would get in the way of your play style.
I always like having my sims have another purpose and a reason for other sims to hunt them down. The poor wizard never gets any visitors
I also like to play them as different professions so 'orchard workers' will be nice...or orchard owner and use the herbers as workers taking a cut from them, even nicer if I ever get round to taking the daily pay off them. (I have an old guy who lives like a hobo and makes cash whittling on a little gnome bench outside the village, I leave him alone for a couple of quests, come back to him and he's been robbing the bank of Tredony or something while I've been looking the other way. Very annoying.)

I fixed the bonus levels, but SimRecruit hasn't replied, and they have private messaging disabled as well. I would upload the fixed version but I'd require permission first I think.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
(I have an old guy who lives like a hobo and makes cash whittling on a little gnome bench outside the village, I leave him alone for a couple of quests, come back to him and he's been robbing the bank of Tredony or something while I've been looking the other way. Very annoying.)

What the f? Explain... lol

I fixed the bonus levels, but SimRecruit hasn't replied, and they have private messaging disabled as well. I would upload the fixed version but I'd require permission first I think.

SeishiNui uploaded Simrecruit fixes in thread, just giving credit, so I know it be alright :/
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 1:23 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 16th Jun 2013 at 2:27 AM.
What the f? Explain... lol

Lol, there's nothing really to explain, I occasionally like to ignore the given professions and invent my own, like using the merchant as a cafe, or one of the churches as an orphanage, or the bard as....
I have an old guy who's meant to be a hobo, he scrounges around the buildings looking for abandoned bowls of food, bathes in the sea (a bathtub I hid in there), he gets $5 here and there if I have another hero active and they catch him playing the fiddle and sometimes just because they take pity on him (depending on who it is) and he makes any other money whittling little horses, which he also gets xp from now as well.
The daily income he gets when inactive (to make it appear like he's still earning from his actual hero profession) gets in the way of his watcher given 'career'.
I keep meaning to remove the daily incomes so this doesn't happen to these custom career characters, kaching exists for the rest if I feel the need, I want to leave him poor and come back to him poor, but yeah lol.
I'd leave the Monarch and perhaps the knight alone, but the rest I want the income removed from. I want them to earn what they earned while I played them, because the way it is just now, it's more profitable to not play them....and it's not like they're spending it while I'm gone anyway, they're not going to run out of cash if I leave them inactive for a while.

Gnome bench (not my old hobo) I'm sure it's called Gnome something in the catalog.

bathing in the sea (not my old hobo)

Waiting for someone to push him out to sea.

SeishiNui uploaded Simrecruit fixes in thread, just giving credit, so I know it be alright :/

He did, you're right, and you also reminded me that I wanted to try out his view inventory mod.

*edit* Finally found the inventory thread and I've uploaded the combat plus bonus levels to my mods thread. Had no idea where to put it.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 4:34 PM
ForumZombie....did I upload the version with the plurals removed like you suggested?
I can't recall if it was in the last version or the one I've still to upload.

I made a potion that should knock a sim out for up to 3 days, but the length they stay passed out for depends on a few other factors beyond my control and I haven't been able to find what they all are yet, which is what's stopped me from uploading it. The effect can last a couple of days and other times it lasts for just a few hours. Your active sim can drink it, and it cures certain diseases too.
It's stopping me from making anything else for the mod though, and I haven't been able to look at it recently due to real life annoying me :P
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 6:02 PM
Nope, you've still to upload that one. Alpha 2.2?

Interesting potions, are they buggy or you just cautious? Leave it out for now if it's halting you continuing the mod... don't frustrate creativity =)
Scholar
Original Poster
#59 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 7:05 PM
Nope, you've still to upload that one. Alpha 2.2?

Interesting potions, are they buggy or you just cautious? Leave it out for now if it's halting you continuing the mod... don't frustrate creativity =)

Ok, I couldn't remember which version I'd put the changes in. Thanks.

No the potion isn't buggy at all, the intention was to have it knock a sim out for 3 days exactly, but the way it works it's up to 3 days, the only problem with it is that it's not doing exactly what I intended it to do, there's certain things that break them out of the long sleep, I'm wondering if the scheduler is kicking them out of it too. I had my active sim drink it, and he stayed passed out for over 2 days, the constable coming to put him in the stocks for falling behind on his quest kicked him out of it before the 3 day mark could be reached. The things interrupting it are beyond control and I haven't figured out everything that's causing them to wake up. It doesn't cause any problems or interfere with anything else though, so as a potion it's working as the internal game workings intend it to, just not as I intended it to.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 9:00 PM
I don't think it's strange at all that you want to konk out a sim for three days exactly :/ It's neat, but is it required?

Do the potion effects, buffs? occur before, during, or after the sleep? Is a two day coma long enough cure? Twelve hours? Is it magic or medicine, or both?
Is this one potion, or several types? Are you curing plague? or sniffles? Or Dragon Fever?.

These questions are largely rhetorical.
I'm sure you'll come to a inspired decision or inevitable conclusion.
Scholar
Original Poster
#61 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 11:39 PM
I don't think it's strange at all that you want to konk out a sim for three days exactly :/ It's neat, but is it required?

LOL =D
No, it's not required, but then nothing is. It fits in with an ingredient I added (wild pear) and, to me, the potion is better there than not, since if you want to use it or find a reason to use then it's there. If you don't want it, then you don't have to make it. So it would make a difference to those that would use it, but no difference at all to those that won't.
I want it for a few reasons, one being, sims that annoy me, I don't like to kill sims, so knocking them out for a long period of time is as good as to me.
Sims that are so heavily diseased they're near death yet they're out swordfighting and drinking and gossiping and generally having the time of their lives, I think they should lie down, clog up the paths and be bloody ill :P
Also you could have it for a sleeping beauty type thing in the castle =}
or for your proper hangovers etc
Do the potion effects, buffs? occur before, during, or after the sleep? Is a two day coma long enough cure? Twelve hours? Is it magic or medicine, or both?
Is this one potion, or several types? Are you curing plague? or sniffles? Or Dragon Fever?.

I'm fairly sure it's right after drinking, but it's been a while since I looked at it, so I'd have to check again. They don't need the full 3 days to be cured though.
It cures Magma Fever and Noxious Infection, 2 things I think should knock you out anyway.
The Gorge, which I've associated with eating, so knock you out to break the habit *cough*
and Workers Bane I've associated with being a workaholic or having a nervous breakdown due to stress and pressure lol so again a nice long nap will sort the affliction or give you a long needed break. *shifty eyes* *cough*

I'm fairly sure I let the doctor use it as a prescribed cure. The wizard, doctor and spy can all make and sell it. It can also be added to drinks so you can knock out multiple sims, and your active sim can drink it from the bottle if they want.

Blurb for the pear:
Native to [your kingdom name here] and found amongst Belladonna, it grows upon a bed of grassweed.
The grassweed induces a toxin within the pear.
It is, however, very tasty once purged.
Purging requires special equipment and a delicate refining procedure, so please don't attempt this yourself.
Make sure wild pears purchased from a market have a herbalists seal.

This is the blurb for the potion:
Made from the extracted toxins of wild pears, which are potent enough to kill.
Herbalists have long claimed that an antidote can be found growing close to a poisonous plant and wild pear is no exception. Mixed with Belladonna this mellows the pear toxin and the biological system instead shuts down all conscious processes for a prolonged period of time. When Rose of Valor is added it aids the body to repair itself while in this suspended state of slumber, so this potion can be very useful to any physician....and for anyone who just wants rid of someone for a while, without resorting to murder.

I don't mind keeping it in the way it is, but the duration of sleep seems to be anywhere between a few hours and 3 days, so it may not always give the effect you were intending. I'd reduce the ingredient requirements because of this though, and if I find a way to make it behave more as I intended I could always put the new version in an update. I don't think I will though because the interruptions are by code I have no control over. I'm always a fan of randomness though, so I guess if I can stop looking at this as not what I intended and embrace the randomness of it instead I'll be fine with it.

I also added Apple Tart and Chardewardon (love the name) as recipes.
Wild Pears to the Belladonna spawner.
Added the Belladonna spawner as buyable.
Increased price of Doomsword Hilt and Blade to 2800 each (for the same reason arcane edge costs a lot)
Fixed the missing description on the parsnips.
And added all the language strings, which I forgot to do before.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 5:22 AM
This is awesomeness, I understand various facets now...Great ideas and descriptions. Again you're just brilliant.
I'm always a fan of randomness though, so I guess if I can stop looking at this as not what I intended and embrace the randomness of it instead I'll be fine with it.

That's all I was trying to point to with my rambling... Well, very nice, lets have it. ;P
Scholar
Original Poster
#63 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 5:21 PM
So one of the things kicking them out of it seems to be whether or not they're in view, which sucks.
If I give the potion to the doctor's 'helper' in the clinic he'll remain passed out, unless I go to another building (the docks and anywhere outdoors seems to not affect it) but if I take the Doctor in to the castle, it's like the game stops processing the nurse and clears him off the floor.
Same with the buildmaster in the castle, he'll lie there while I'm in the castle, even if I zoom away and the building closes up so nothing can be seen, as long as my Doctor remains in the building or somewhere outdoors, the BM carries on sleeping, but if my doctor returns home the effect stops being processed once he's inside the clinic and the BM is cleared off the floor.
The only thing kicking the Doctor, who's the active sim, is being arrested.
I can only assume that each building is reset when another becomes 'in use' by your active hero. I'd also imagine (although I haven't checked) that using a rabbithole might reset the last used building as well.
I didn't test yet what happens if you knock out a sim who's not inside a building.
So I may remove this after all, or at least shorten the time on it. They're definitely cured instantly though, and Van Winklism is another disease that it cures.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 8:35 PM Last edited by ForumZombie : 26th Jun 2013 at 9:14 PM.
It sucks, sure, but that makes sense as they're lots, not a contiguous map.
Hey overall--sight unseen, I like it, I say leave it like it is, call it a 'potential' three day side-effect.
Note imaginatively in description / change log / download that : Pretend as though the doctor, wizard, spy must clandestinely attend like a ghoul, administering surreptitious doses of the toxin on site to the sleeper for the effect to not be interrupted... or whatever :/
Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 3:18 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 30th Jun 2013 at 7:39 PM.
I'll leave it mostly as is. I'm not too happy being arrested on my active sim everytime I drink it though. I might lessen it to 2 days, and see if that works better.....I use a mod that lengthens the time before failure though. Can't remember what the original length is, but 2 days un-modded will still be definite arrest I think.

*edit* Sorry I'm not around as much as I normally am, I have loads going on in RL just now, it will be at least 2 or 3 months or so before everything settles down for me again.
I've gotten round to reducing the time on the potion to 2 days (to make it better for active sims) I've still to test that though. I'm currently using Shimrod's longer quest time, I don't know how many other people are, so I've still to test it unmodded as well.
I don't have time to make 2 versions of the mod and have to keep updating 2 versions so it will be whatever works best for an unmodded game that will end up being uploaded as the final version of this potion, unless I make 2 clearly marked potions in the one version that give different sleep times, one for modded games and one for unmodded, (which I don't mind doing), but given it's problems with not being able to leave the building the sleeping sim is in and enter another one without the effect cancelling, I'm not sure how worthwhile it is anyway.
I've still to test if it cancels in the same way if a non-active sim is given the potion outdoors instead of inside a building.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 3:24 AM
The naked pics of your monarch at ease and uncaring, Chickie, remind me so much of my blacksmith Qyall Quartz. In fact, they do look a tiny bit alike, unshaven, and the same color of hair, though not the same style. Just a few days ago, Xylan on a quest alone, saw that Qyall was playing at a card table in the Trader's lot alone, and looked a bit lonely. So he joined him and they played a few hands. I had not chosen to have Xylan cheat....yet, at this time. I let them go on and play without my strong watchful eye for a time, as I had an event I was needing to watch at the Judgement zone...I think it was a Pit Jumper Xylan and I had assigned to meet his maker earlier, but when I came back to view the scene, Qyall was standing up from the table, and the next thing I knew, he spun out of his clothes, naked as a newborn, hmmm, and fine too, and I started busting out laughing, his shy, and sweet demeanor in normal circumstances, seemed to have been lifted off his back like it had been a heavy weight boring him down. He seemed to prance about like an excited pony, and feeling his own glory in his nudity in front of the Watcher and all! I was proud of him. So what happened obviously, is Qyall had bet his clothes against a card game with Xylan my monarch, and I have never used this option since having the ability to enable nudity for my Sims. I think it grand the Free Will allowance for TSM/P&N. It makes these characters so very human, hence our easy love for them. For the rest of this game session, Qyall stayed stark naked prancing about the kingdom, happy as a goat chewing on a child's clothing at the zoo. Clothing him after his "triumph" if you will, would have been a cruelty, as I saw it. You know what I find weird? No other Sim laughed at him for doing this, having no clothes on, but they sure the heck did when he got up from the operating table still in his jammies, nightshirt, due to my accidental object reset, as my mouse was on the wrong settings, but then they began later to be quite cruel to him, booing him at every turn, remember I told the story to TV something? The Doc, Bard, and Qyall ended up committing mass Sim Murder due to their cruel behavior towards Qyall who had not even had a chance to do one quest at that time. Crazy, funny, and wonderful can't survive I suppose without cruel, mean, and vicious....ah but murder usually solves most problems with Sims of the previously mentioned habits.....he he he he he he!!!

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Scholar
Original Poster
#67 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 7:10 PM
I got about 6 hours on an in-active hero outdoors with that potion. Wandering in and out of buildings doesn't cancel the effect if the sleeping sim is outdoors, but when focus drops to about minus 20 they cancel out and wander off to fix themselves, which I don't think I can do anything about.
I've reduced it to 2 days at the moment for active heroes, which I might reduce again.
I'm in the middle of moving house amongst other things, so I don't know when I'll get a chance to look at this again. Hopefully soon though. I can upload it as is and then upload the tweak in another update???
Field Researcher
#68 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 9:14 PM
Hi Chickie. I know you are likely gone for some time with your busy recent schedule, but I want to post this info and question here now as it is on my mind, and I'm here, before I head on into my own tasks...I wanted to ask you if in some way you had repaired the error in the game of the Gastrobury recipes not showing up after the quest for them had completed? I ask because using your latest mods with the Forsaken Foods/Recipe's and also Grim's Core latest update, a recipe for Sausage (loaf or pie), a baked item has shown up in my game, FINALLY! I did not notice the recipe being present before adding Grim's Updated Core, when I began using the Forsaken food mods, maybe its a combo of the two, or Grim made a repair. I read as thoroughly as one could through the information about the mods, and updated core, but I do not recall any mention of a repair being done concerning the Gastrobury recipes.
The sausage baked item is grayed out as of now due that I began the last ambition "Best In Show" just a day ago, so have no sausages available in the game yet. Will need to get a trader first to insure the recipe will show and can be made, but I did notice that all of your recipe's contain the words "Forsaken Food" in each one, but the sausage recipe does NOT, hence why I believe it is the authentic recipe that was intended to show up after completing its quest.

One issue with using both of these mods, as I am not sure of the cause or who's mod is causing this to happen, but I clicked to control an advisor to the king to have them fix a meal for everyone and they could not. Always before an npc could cook a meal of my choice from the menu if they either had the food items needed in their inventory, or if gotten from the larder, but even so, this sim could make nothing but flat bread, even though once I was able to click for her to bake Barley bread, but she still returned with flat bread. I really preferred that the npc's be able to cook other things besides the basic cr@p they eat if fixed on their own, without being controlled, when I am controlling them, as needs do arise where I want to use a npc to do or accomplish certain tasks. Perhaps it may be due to the fact I am still playing the first quest, as I notice some things do not work until after a certain stage has been completed, like the monarch cannot call any servants to make food by clicking on himself, or me rather, LOL, if the main servant has not yet been checked on for safety, one must click on a added servant to request food be made until the event mentioned has surpassed. That is due to Populous II mod.

You said the Village Tweak mods are incompatible with your mods, so I took it out, but then put it back in just hoping somehow it might work....nothing bad had happened in re-adding it, but I do notice some things still come in packs of 50 in the store EXCEPT food items, and some other things, flowers mostly, although the Wildflowers so far have always been in 50, and also Angelweed. Energy Potions, and other not very important items still come in 50, but one item missing entirely in the store is Mystical Metal Fragments. That is all that is completely gone from the store using your forsaken food recipes mods and Grims Latest Core. I added the Dynamics Profession mod back into the game, as Grims latest Core was not allowing to add abilities to any of the Sims whatsoever, regardless of their position or anything. That took care of that immediately, but I have yet to experience any freezing trying to close the window for the options after choosing selections for the core in the Options menu, so I can't report finding on it, yet. I still have nearly an empty kingdom, and no trader, whom I mention as well since it is freezer city time when I approach her lot when a sim of mine tries to purchase from her stall.

It is terribly exciting to have the Gastrobury recipe for the oven. I have yet to notice any other Gastrobury recipes showing in the fireplace, or oven other than the one I stated. I haven't yet added a spit to anywhere, but after the knight's creation I shall add one to the training yard as usual, as my sims enjoy a food court there. I hope to see more...and honestly if neither of you two, Chickie and Grim fixed the recipes for Gastrobury intentionally, it will be more exciting I think, bevause one of you will have made an accidental breakthrough, if you will! LOL To me, this means so very much more is possible, maybe even eventually creating quests for TSM/P and N, or even an expansion pack some time later....we all who love Medieval want that, even you, right? So I say hop to, y'all! I want to play a new expansion pack with my game and you guys are the only living souls who might be able to accomplish this far reaching task, for once again, as we all know as of some tiome ago to this date, Maxis, and EA Games will not be making anything new for this game. There is always a chance...but none I know believe it. So its up to you modders! I shall be waiting....even if its for as long as I live here on earth.

Hope everyone is well!

Xeny

Quote:
Scholar
Original Poster
#69 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 2:41 AM
@Xeny:
All the sausage recipes are there now. You're seeing them from the recipes mod. You still need to unlock Gastrobury to get the sausage. I didn't add 'Forsaken Food' to the bottom, because they're the game's recipes and not mine.
They're missing from the unlock xml, so although the recipe exists the reward you're meant to get doesn't. I removed the locks from the recipes, but since locks are read and stored on a kingdoms first save, you won't see the sausage recipes in a kingdom that was saved prior to having the mod installed, since it will still treat those recipes as being locked. Likewise, most of my single serves are locked, but will all be available anyway in a kingdom saved prior to having the mod, since the lock on them wasn't recorded on first save and so is ignored.
There should be Sausage Stew, Sausage Pie and Grilled Sausage. One recipe for each appliance.
I haven't changed anything to do with the NPCs except to remove the servant's ability to make gruel for the Monarch because I know how much this annoys you and all I did to the Barley Bread was make the single serving available. If it's the gruel change that's causing your problem I can change it back. I'll have a look next time I get to run the game. Remind me if I don't mention it though, my head is all over the place just now :P

The servant problem at the start isn't really due to Populous II mod, because prior to that you had zero servants and so none to call on for food, which is how it's meant to be. The rescuing of the servant is when the game acknowledges there's a servant available to be called on, including the additions, so nothing has changed in the Monarch's abilities in that starter quest.

Which version are you using? I started off with Shimrod's mod as a base when I was just playing around with this mod, and then uploaded that version forgetting I was using it. It's since been redone with a fresh shop xml. Do you have the latest version?
Scholar
Original Poster
#70 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 2:46 AM
Annoying potion post again :P
I removed the longer quest time mod, and am getting something like just over 30 hours till quest failure, so I'll make a second version that knocks the active sim out for something like 18 or 24 hours next time I get a chance to look at it. Or I'll just make the one version with this reduced time, since it's not accurate anyway for non-active sims, and that's what I originally wanted it for.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:47 AM Last edited by Xeny : 5th Jul 2013 at 4:01 AM.
Well, it must have not been the latest version of Simmodder's Populous II because when I checked at its location, there was one there called Populous II Plus, and a yellow new tag next to it. I don't recall a new tag being present last download of it, but I do now, as I downloaded it. LOL
Thanks Chickiebabes for explaining so much to me, especially as I know you are terribly busy. I understand you perfectly when you say your head is spinning. I am in no rush for answers, my Dear, I am patient for that, as I am filled to my toes with excitement again, my toes are tapping with every click of my mouse (in case you couldn't tell, I am excitable by nature) but I am triple my usual excited self and do enjoy discovery and understanding as I play through the game, much of which makes for the games greatness, due that there are so many small details that can be realized, that they very well might be uncountable, and many have changed when deeply believed of a certain outcome, which renews the game in so many ways. That part isn't irritating at all.
The servants never made gruel for Xylan btw, only once did a servant make field rations, but they irritated me when they would cook him roast rat when I was playing another of my Sims, or preparing him the lowest buff capable meals, which has not changed even in this game now. What was the catalyst for my very deep anger at these servants feeding their king the lowest foods for buffs on the menu was that whenever a territory leader asked my king's servants for food, they almost always receive the very highest of buff capable foods, like the custard, and feast bread, cheese pie, when they do nothing! I would have liked for their ability to order the servants around to end, but I shall endeavor to keep Xylan's sword as sharp as the knights sword throughout these episodes of territory leader arrogance! One servant made him a soup first made of a low buff fish, I think it was the first time, so Xylan ignored the bowl and asked her again for food, she then made him eel soup, which was not very high in buff, unlike eel pie, but we took that as time was getting short, but we are watching her. This is in this game now. Usually in the first steps quest, when the servant comes to the Throne Room, and asked for food by Xylan, the meals are Whale Stew or soup, without us having any in the game yet. It seems that they give him the most awful foods whenever I am with another of my Sims, and he is freelance, lets say, LOL. I tell ya Chickie, the game has its own humor, and its own intentions to try and outwit ol Watcher Xenypoo! I accept all challenges from this game, and so far so good, especially thanks to you and all the modders here, and wherever else unseen.

Please don't feel you must reply right away to any posts I might make here addressing you or whatever else, dear Chickie, you must have a care for yourself, and your personal responsibilities. Although I personally do not want it to be true, well, its not for me, but it is for you, and for your well being, so I accept that its more important than me! LOL

Take Care of you first, if you don't and become ill or sumpin, then we'll be without you longer, and no one wants that! Especially me!

Take it easy, Chickie-a-dee!

Quote:
Scholar
Original Poster
#72 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 11:28 PM
(((((hugs))))) to you Xeny
Field Researcher
#73 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 7:34 PM
ChickieTeeta!!!!! I have a question I am most anxiously hoping you or anyone might have an answer to relating to potions, and their effects. Just recently I came to realize that the consecrated well water made by either the Jacoban Priest, or the Head Priest/Priestess from Yacobia has a buff effect of 10% for any who drink it, and to add I also tried out the Blessed well water looking for the same effect, but I kept forgetting to look in time to notice if it also had buff effects, however I've has Sims drink the blessed water and never known them to have positive buffs from it....(just want to hint to any who at times wants the Jacob's Tooth Sword earlier in their game but have yet to be able to include a Jacoban Priest in their game for whatever reason, they can take control of the High Priest/Priestess of Yacobia and make them consecrate the well, get the water, and transfer it to their blacksmith, while having assigned any of the players in game they have the abilities of the Trader, so as he/she can obtain early the Watched Water, which is very easy to get if one makes just two trades overseas...folks can figure that out for themselves) But you see, playing around with these special waters that can be made in the well by particular sims of a certain profession, I happened to try my spy Lyan Deceit in poisoning the well with Reaper's Scythe as that was the only poison he had on him. I was afraid to do it before, as I can be forgetful sometimes, and might accidentally have a sim draw water and drink it for whatever reason, but I thought wth, if something awful happens I'll just reboot, so he poisoned the well and drew out poisoned water. This by the way was not any quest in which he was required to poison the well, we just did it to see what would happen. Really we wanted to use it on a bad behaving Sim, but it seems that the bearer of the poisoned water cannot administer it to another sim. Wither he or she must drink it themselves in a suicide mission, LOL, or throw it away, selling it for a buck.

Does anyone know of any uses for poisoned well water? Maybe I'll try having one of the stores owners sell it in the market or blacksmith's shop, course don't know what a sim would do with it. But at least I have been able to find a new commodity for the benefit of the economy in my kingdom! The bucks can add up.

Xeny

Quote:
Scholar
Original Poster
#74 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
Does anyone know of any uses for poisoned well water?
Xeny

With an unmodded well (not blocking the actions on it for NPCs) would the NPCs and inactive heroes have drunk it? I can't recall if I ever saw any of them autonomously drink the water they pulled up. You could make other quest sims drink it I guess, or add an NPC as active and make them drink it.
I don't often play the spy and have only poisoned the well once, when I realized that you could, so I've never played around with what you can do with it, or watched for outlying effects from it.
I'm sure someone else could answer your question much better than I can.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 4:01 AM
Thanks Chickie. I asked you because previously in this thread you had mentioned potions. I appreciate your answer, its just I am certain that by making another NPC sim or any other drink the poison, my quest would then end and fail, since I notice when taking control of a sim not a hero they also become a partner in the quest and are treated as such by the game, so if they die while in my control, so does the quest. I can't release them right before they drink it either, as when I do so, the action is canceled by the game. Darn it. I'll figure something out. There's much more to experience for us all it seems. TC Chickie

Quote:
Page 3 of 4