Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 4th May 2013 at 8:04 AM
If TS4 will be only online,I will not buy it.That is what I can say about it....
However I'm still waiting event on Monday,they may announce TS4 release date....or announce info about future ep.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 4th May 2013 at 8:25 AM Last edited by QueenJimmyIV : 4th May 2013 at 8:38 AM. Reason: frakking spelling
As sad as it is, it seems to be pointing towards the announcement being Sims 4. I mean, why prep the URL to something that isn't going to come out in the near future?

I'm mostly upset because it means Sims 3 is ending without certain aspects of the game added. I mean seriously... we still don't have frelling STRAWBERRIES and ORANGES in the game, a two very COMMON fruits and one a very common garden plant yet we have like half a dozen or more types of grapes. There are plenty of other things missing, but holy crap are those basic items.

By the way, I don't get the hate on this thread. It's obvious there's an announcement for something "big" on Monday. The signs point to Sims 4, but this thread could EASILY be changed to suit whatever is actually announced, if the announcement doesn't end up being for the next generation of Sim games.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Mad Poster
#28 Old 4th May 2013 at 8:31 AM Last edited by HarVee : 8th May 2013 at 2:03 AM.
Why are you guys bitching about matrix making this thread? You guys have never complained before about matrix making these seen/heard/read threads, so why start now?

Besides, it'll be nice to have a thread dedicated to actual information instead of just rumors and speculation.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Inventor
#29 Old 4th May 2013 at 8:44 AM
Usually what happens with EPs is that stuff sticks around the general Sims 3 discussion area until it's released, which is when it gets its own section. Not sure how it's going to work for an entirely new generation of game, though. I mean, what would be the point of it? It would be full of tons of speculation and "this is what I want" list threads rather than anything of substance.

In my opinion, it should remain here until we start getting a lot of information, like screenshots and other things, because there will be a lot of media on a Sims 4 pre-release that could overwhelm a single thread. Otherwise, it would be premature to make it's own subsection for a single announcement, especially in regards to thread clutter.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 4th May 2013 at 3:06 PM
It's not uncommon to use a previous game's thread for speculation for a new game. Before they make threads over on the Sims 3 forum, most of the new EP threads are in the latest EP section. I've been making threads for years on end - back to back for releases, and I said a while ago that I was going to make a Sims 4 thread. I like making the lists and having a place to keep information. If it's something else, I'll change it or ask for it to be deleted.

When we get a Sims 4 forums, I'm sure a mod will move it there, like all my other threads have been moved to their appropriate sections. This thread, really, isn't a problem at all.

From June of 2010, and I've making them ever since (I've just gotten more organized):
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=394059

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#31 Old 4th May 2013 at 3:28 PM
I've been saving myself for this thread. <3

EDIT: Umm. I should clarify. I haven't even dipped a toe in the other Sims 4 threads, because I've been waiting patiently for this one.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#32 Old 4th May 2013 at 3:42 PM Last edited by Miuki : 4th May 2013 at 7:16 PM.
Same here. I've stayed away from Sims 4 speculations/discussions as long as I could, but curiosity will definitely get me killed someday. I think (hope) they will announce it on Monday.
I always get all info on upcoming packs from matrix54's threads. It'll be nice to have a thread with actual bits of info in it for a change. (Well at least hints).

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Mad Poster
#33 Old 4th May 2013 at 5:44 PM
don't get me wrong, i love matrix's threads also. i just don't see the need for this one in particular.

the idea of ts4 pisses me off in general, lol
Scholar
#34 Old 4th May 2013 at 9:03 PM
I for one have been waiting for this thread to pop up too, and am glad Matrix did it.

I also am one of the few who is actually hoping the announcment on Monday is Sims 4 or a TSO Online reboot etc, cos for me TS3 has been dead for quite a while. I have tried so hard to really get into it, but I get no enjoyment out of it, the bugs get on my tits, the lag is horrendous, most animations are ripped straight from Sims 2, the EPs are fragmented and don't mesh well with each other at all, and on a whole - after 4 years - I'm just so bloody tired of it. So I'm hoping (praying, really!) for something new and brilliant in this franchise to get all excited about again... I don't even play anymore, and have gone back to tinkering with TS2.

I can understand others not wanting Sims 4 to pop out of the woodwork - especially after all the time and money invested in it - but it's going to happen eventually. It's inevitable...

...Titanium white...
One Minute Ninja'd
#35 Old 4th May 2013 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji

I can understand others not wanting Sims 4 to pop out of the woodwork - especially after all the time and money invested in it - but it's going to happen eventually. It's inevitable...

So are death and taxes, but it doesn't make either one enjoyable. I don't mind an inevitable TS4, even if it's at heart just an updated, optimized, highly customizable version of TS3 (kind of what we have now, but capable of running smoothly and able to handle large hoods that evolve for a long time) provided I'm not stuck sharing my game on an EA server with some tween who wants to redecorate my town square with KP candy stuff.

Always online is NOT inevitable. It's a conscious choice by EA management, and one I cannot abide with.
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th May 2013 at 10:58 PM
The Sims Russia @thesimsrussia
А вы любите играть онлайн со своими друзьями?

English Translate:
Do you like to play online with your friends?

Why?
Scholar
#37 Old 4th May 2013 at 11:09 PM
Gahh, next generation coming up.... I have two wonderful legacy family on The Sims 3. It will be sad to move onto Sims 4.
It would be cool to import Sims 3 family to Sims 4. If it's true...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Forum Resident
#38 Old 4th May 2013 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fresh_skool
The Sims Russia @thesimsrussia
А вы любите играть онлайн со своими друзьями?

English Translate:
Do you like to play online with your friends?

Why?

That doesn't sound promising. Should be be hoping for the TS4 online-play to be optional or for some other online Sims-related game to be announced Monday? Mostly, I'm thinking of the first, because I'll want that either way (because some form on online functionality/play is definitely coming).
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 4th May 2013 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RomerJon17
Gahh, next generation coming up.... I have two wonderful legacy family on The Sims 3. It will be sad to move onto Sims 4.
It would be cool to import Sims 3 family to Sims 4. If it's true...

Well, you don't have to move onto TS4 if you don't want to. Look at all the people still playing TS2 nine years after its release.
Scholar
#40 Old 4th May 2013 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Well, you don't have to move onto TS4 if you don't want to. Look at all the people still playing TS2 nine years after its release.

That's true

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Mad Poster
#41 Old 4th May 2013 at 11:39 PM
If they are going to have an online game, then they probably should have announced it first before announcing the death of Sims Social. That is the market they want to target, and they didn't even try to ease them into this possibly new horizon. If this announcement is what we think it is, it's already getting off to a backwards start by pissing off a ton of potential customers.

If this game has an always online requirement, then I will avoid it just like I did with Sim City.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Scholar
#42 Old 4th May 2013 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
If they are going to have an online game, then they probably should have announced it first before announcing the death of Sims Social. That is the market they want to target, and they didn't even try to ease them into this possibly new horizon. If this announcement is what we think it is, it's already getting off to a backwards start by pissing off a ton of potential customers.

If this game has an always online requirement, then I will avoid it just like I did with Sim City.

Not a happy Sim customer if it's online like Simcity.

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 5th May 2013 at 12:32 AM
To be honest, I regret starting that last TS4 thread. If I had known it was going to turn out just like all of the countless others I wouldn't have bothered. My bad. What I really wanted from this thread was for people to talk about how Sims 4 could be truly different from its predecessors and keep the series moving forward, as opposed to countless posts saying, "I want height sliders," or "I want round walls." I get it; I want those things as much as anybody, but it gets really tiresome reading the same posts over and over again.

But, yeah, all of those other threads should be locked. I don't think it's necessary to redirect ALL of them here, though; just the more recent ones. I'm sure many of the older ones have been long forgotten by now.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 5th May 2013 at 2:21 AM
Idle curiosity - I'm don't follow many video game releases, so can anyone tell me how long before of the game's release date EA is likely to tell us the system requirements?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 5th May 2013 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
Idle curiosity - I'm don't follow many video game releases, so can anyone tell me how long before of the game's release date EA is likely to tell us the system requirements?

That'll be rather close to release for the final ones. No doubt they'll have a target set of specs in mind while making the game, but the final requirements won't really be known until at best a month before release. Optimization and getting the game to run on average machines is usually one of the last things you do when making a game.

So, don't expect it too soon, and don't trust the requirements until you get within a month of release. They're always subject to change. Of course, if you buy a PC that vastly overshoots the initial requirements, you're probably safe.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 5th May 2013 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith

Exactly. I play Sims 2 and Sims 3 and switch between the two based on my mood. If the "Big Announcement" on May 6th truly is that Sims 4 is coming out, there is nothing that says I or others must to move from Sims 2 and 3 to Sims 4.

If they make Sims 4 online only, then I'm sticking to Sims 2 and Sims 3, and never buying Sims 4.
Forum Resident
#47 Old 5th May 2013 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by McNum
That'll be rather close to release for the final ones. No doubt they'll have a target set of specs in mind while making the game, but the final requirements won't really be known until at best a month before release. Optimization and getting the game to run on average machines is usually one of the last things you do when making a game.

So, don't expect it too soon, and don't trust the requirements until you get within a month of release. They're always subject to change. Of course, if you buy a PC that vastly overshoots the initial requirements, you're probably safe.

Thanks - I knew it'd be a while, of course, but I wasn't sure if two weeks or three months before release-date was more likely. I'm actually not looking to buy a new PC right now (mine does everything I want for the moment), but I was curious anyway. If the graphics are what I hope, I probably will end up getting a new system, though.
One Minute Ninja'd
#48 Old 5th May 2013 at 3:35 AM
If you're happy with how TS3 is running on your computer now, and TS4 doesn't bring some must have functionality for you, there's no reason to rush into upgrading for a game you might very well not even buy. While I'm not a happy camper about TS3 limitations, I'll live with them rather than being subjected to an online only SC like experience. So that's two games EA won't be selling to me, SC, unless they patch it to an online optional mode (and fix some really basic problems that have also been reported), and TS4, if I'm forced to an online only model.

Pity, because I'm a customer who actually has disposable income to waste spend on these games, and most of the extra content. Still, this could be a good paper for a business school review on how not to position your product.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 5th May 2013 at 3:41 AM
Well, I definitely won't buy an online-only game. That's just not my thing. Alas, I'm just not that into TS3. I preferred TS2, though TS3 does bring some very nice features, too. It just doesn't engage me the same way. The only way to find out if TS4 will is for me to try it when it comes out. I probably should wait a few days to see what others say about TS4, though. My biggest disappointment with TS3 (besides losing genetics), the one I noticed so early, was that story progression wasn't what I thought it'd be. I thought I could create a hopeless romantic, loves to cook, family-oriented couple and leave them alone and they'd get fat and have lots of babies (seriously - that was the first thing I tried to do). I didn't know story progression would just be random acts. So whatever features they hype for TS4, I should probably wait and see if they turn out to be what I expect.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 5th May 2013 at 4:25 AM
from what i can tell it almost sounds like multiplayer would be just a huge, optional feature of the game. but i'm not sure.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 817