Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:48 AM
I'd like to see the Sims 1 style wall hider. Currently, if your walls are between up and down: the interior walls go down and the exterior walls stay up (when possible):

In Sims 1, this was also the case, however, if you put walls up, then moved them down a notch, only those walls which you hovered over would go down. This allowed you to view the interior walls without having all walls up.
For example:
In Sims 3 that bathroom wall would go down, hiding any lights, paintings, or other decor that were on it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I want the old, TS2 style, asymmetric relationships back. Let your love go unrequited, have real stalkers, require true restraining orders, instead of everyone being lock step in every relationship.

Keep the behavioral tuning in XML, or provide an interface that allows a player to natively set values individually, so we can still play the game the way we want, not just the way you think we might like to play it.

Get a sense of humor back in development. Quirky can be good, and if you're afraid some might not like it, make it tunable for those with no sense of humor in real life.

This right here. I truly missed how much harder it was to make a romantic relationship work in Sims 2. Now it's harder for a woohoo than getting their relationship to the romantic point.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:52 AM
Ok if it's combined with farming then I can deal with Pets being a separate EP. Admittedly, I rarely played around with Pets in TS3. The most my sims have are snakes, birds, and rodents that they find in the wild (and I'll give EA credit for that because that was a REALLY good idea).

I gave up on dogs after my sim with 5 pit bulls experienced a break-in and the dogs literally did nothing despite me telling them to guard the house a few minutes earlier. Thank God for ass kicking skeleton maids or that burglar would have gotten away with some expensive stuff.

I'm not even a cat person IRL so I don't have many in my game. I think I've only made a cat in CAS once

Horses are out of place in every family/lot I play with. And packs of wild horses like to stalk my sims at night.

I say we go back to TS1 days where if we wanted pets, we rounded up four or five neighbors and trapped them in a fence until they all starved to death in a puddle of their own urine :P
Scholar
#29 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:52 AM
What I want is Seasons/Weather to be a base-game feature. I know, I know, EA wants the money. But it's a feature that is just as natural as aging and day/night cycle. You don't see people claiming that those should be Expansion Pack features. (On the other hand, lets not give EA any ideas). If it can't be a feature we get with the base-game, it needs to be released in an Expansion Pack IMMEDIATELY. Like perhaps even they day the game is released. If you're going to make me pay extra for it, at least don't make me wait three years again.

Otherwise, I want height sliders and perhaps gradual aging. Those two seem like the big steps up from The Sims 3. And I want open restaurants and stores to make a return. The Sims 3 never getting those is a major mark against it, in my books.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#30 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:00 AM
A minor want but if my Sims have a car then we don't need the carpool to work/school. TS2 got rid of that simply by having your sim claim ownership of a car. Why doesn't TS3 do that? I hate how my Sim is already at their job and the stupid carpool is still outside their house honking away on their horns.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:01 AM
I am so worried about build/buy mode. I REALLY hope they don't make too many changes to both those systems in favor of novices or something. As important as the novices are to the game, I wouldn't want the game to lose all of it's complexity in favor of those who don't want to spend a lot of time making homes. It's that nitty-gritty, meticulousness that builders love.

Of course, I encourage EA to do something with blueprint this time around, but I'd prefer if the rooms were either good looking or just blank shapes without any designs to them. Most of the blueprint in 3 look like there was little to no care put into them and they were thrown together for the sake of calling the tool done.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#32 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:20 AM
One of the things I realllllly want for the Sims 4.
Is to be able to change your sim's height!!

I mean, not EVERYONE is the same height.
We kind of need that, it'll add more to our sim's uniqueness.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:21 AM
Wants/Needs:

-Weather in base game (NO MORE SEASONS EXPANSIONS!)
-World editor in game. I HATE the CAW tool!
-No more built in store.
-Better graphics.
-Sims 1/2 style music. No more of that church music.
-Bring back real crumplebottom!
-Console port
-No required online
-Music organizer (be able to disable individual tracks like TS2!)
-Pets in base game (makes it more realistic)
-Cooler cheats
-Teen pregnancy (Yea yea, but its common now days)
-No more curfew!
One Minute Ninja'd
#34 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
This right here. I truly missed how much harder it was to make a romantic relationship work in Sims 2. Now it's harder for a woohoo than getting their relationship to the romantic point.

Not if you have Twallan's Woohooer. You can have virtually anonymous woohoo late at night in the park if you want to, without all that romantic crap. I'm also a believer in my parks having unisex bathrooms equipped with showers, so my sims can get clean while getting dirty. Almost never have to shower at home again, ever.

Hypothetically, of course.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
A minor want but if my Sims have a car then we don't need the carpool to work/school. TS2 got rid of that simply by having your sim claim ownership of a car. Why doesn't TS3 do that? I hate how my Sim is already at their job and the stupid carpool is still outside their house honking away on their horns.

If the sim in question has a car in their inventory or has made a car on the lot their preferred vehicle then the carpool won't come and they are expected to make their own way to work. So we've got it already.

To everyone who hates rabbitholes:
I'm afraid I actually like them. An open restaurant would be good, but a rabbithole kitchen where the chefs work and rabbithole office building and rabbithole school are good for me. I spend all day working in an office - why do I want to watch sims doing the same thing? It would be really boring, and distract me from whatever the other members of the family are doing. So I'd like rabbitholes thanks.

Gradual aging and heights sliders please. Even if there are set values rather than a scale. (It is possible to animate interactions as you go so there aren't issues with height - my brother had a summer job at a company that did - though presumably the computing power required would restrict other stuff for the rest of the game. And maybe EA doesn't have that technology).

Also unequal relationships. Definitely needed.

I think it is reasonable to make Seasons and expansion pack, but weather should really be in the base game. Pets similarly is a reasonable expansion.

What I would really like to be able to do is play say a week with one family, save the progress and 'rewind' back to the beginning of the week to play with a different family - while the first family made all the progress I'd originally given them. But no doubt that's not something that could be done.

I probably won't get TS4 at once, even though my big objection - always online - doesn't seem to be happening. I've got a few games I'm playing with in TS3 and I don't really want to have to start all over again. Maybe in a while I'll move some of them over.
Test Subject
#36 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:39 AM
I really want the humor from TS1 and 2 back....the sims in TS3 seem kind of lifeless, even with the traits. Also, I liked how in TS2 the pre-made sims had drama and their own little stories already set up; ex. the Daniel/Mary Sue crumbling marriage, Cassandra getting left at the altar, Bella being missing, Nervous Subject's maybe being the Grim Reaper's son. It was so much FUN. I've enjoyed TS3, but it just seems bland in comparison to the other games.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:47 AM
Agreed! I miss having the option of setting up an entire story for the neighborhood in-game (like in Sims 2). It's hard to dive into and care for sims in a Sims 3 neighborhood because there's no story to read up on in-game. I hope they bring back the silly cartoony charm of previous Sims! Tragic Clown, random phone calls, chance cards, Unsavory Charlatans, hahah!
Forum Resident
#38 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:35 AM
I made a big post about animations a few months back, and I imagine it will fit in here well. It's even more relevant now that TS4 Sims seem to look more like their TS2 counterparts!

Quote:
Ever wonder what made TS2 so engaging, while TS3 seemed stale? It was the animations. Seeing your Sims react and interact with the world is what sucked us all in. For its time, TS2 had amazing animations. Despite the cartoony graphics, the Sims just seemed so lifelike because of the variety of animations they had, whether if that was with objects or other Sims. The second biggest thing that made TS2's Seasons so memorable was the variety of new ways Sims could interact with one another. Here we had a weather system, and I was gushing over the fact that a Sim couple would cuddle in bed.

Of course, TS2 is eight years old now. We've invested dozens, if not hundreds, of hours in the game and the animations seem awfully canned now. TS3's biggest stumble, in my opinion, was reusing tons of animations from TS2 to cut down on costs and effort. There was very little magic in seeing my Sims interact with the world, because I had seen it all before.

Though it may be a pipe dream, I am hoping something happens with the Sims Division that inspires them to make TS4 an unforgettable experience (and not in a bad way). TS2 and TS1 are legendary games, and the time I've spent in those worlds dwarfs the time I've spent with TS3. TS3 is not a bad game, but it's easy to see where corners were cut, especially in animations. TS4 could revamp the series entirely with a focus on bringing Sims to life. In TS2's era, animations were painstakingly done frame-by-frame, but with modern technology like motion capture, realistic 3D animations have never been cheaper or easier to do. The Sims is EA's biggest franchise, so why wouldn't they want to add a level of detail that will have fans swooning?

Imagine a Sim coming home from work, and commanding her to take a nap on the couch. Her energy is very low, so instead of the canned "sit and lay down" animation we've seen a thousand times, the Sim flops on to the couch face first and falls asleep with her arm dangling towards the floor. Or imagine a Sim at the computer, and you command her boyfriend to give her a kiss. Instead of having her stand up to prepare for a standard "peck" animation, her boyfriend comes up behind her, puts his hands on her shoulders, and bends down to giver her a peck on the cheek.

Remember how awesome it was when Nightlife let us do table interactions? In a nutshell, I want to see more of that! The nature of The Sims audience (and their computers) makes it hard to be on the cutting edge graphically, but EA could create a sequel that has animations of such variety and detail that the game becomes a landmark of how far video games have come.

But, like I said, it's a pipe dream. I'm not holding my breath.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:37 AM
Yes! The story and picture journal from ts2. I almost forgot about that. That and the memory system really brought the characters to life. I hope they bring that stuff back, but much more elegantly than ts3's attempt.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:40 AM
Well said Element! Also, as corny and repetitive as the cut-scenes in Sims2 may have been, I think they added a lot. Even though it was always the same animations and music, seeing it happen to different sims in different places was always exciting! It engulfed the player and made a big deal of big life moments. Little touches like that make these little virtual characters more real, more important, more fun to care for!
Forum Resident
#41 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElementMK
I made a big post about animations a few months back, and I imagine it will fit in here well. It's even more relevant now that TS4 Sims seem to look more like their TS2 counterparts!

The sims 2 is and always will be the best life simulator. I totally agree about the "Stale" feel about TS3. Seriously, ts3 felt like a massive downgrade. Sure, it had better graphics. But imo, graphics dont make a game. Content does, and the sims 2 (with all expansions), is the best, and totally smashes TS1 and TS3 with a giant hammer.

Im hoping TS4 will be to TS3 what TS2 was to TS1.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 7th May 2013 at 4:12 AM
I'm going to keep it to a concise list. Well, concise for me, at least.
  • Real apartments like The Sims 2 in the base game.
  • The option to buy or rent residential lots (and apply this feature to apartments, as well).
  • Base game weather.
  • Buy Mode and Build Mode search functions.
  • Lot-to-lot edge snapping to allow for lots to touch. Also, corner snapping for corner lots.
  • Coffee houses in the base game (and don't separate them as "coffee house" and "java hut").
  • Variable wall height, to allow for things like attached garages to houses with foundations.
  • Walk-out basements.
  • No Store integration when you opt-out, and allow you to opt-out on the first run of the game
  • World Builder tools integrated into the game itself (it doesn't have to be a complete suite, but something more fleshed out than what we got in The Sims 3 game).
  • Two-way relationships, with short-term and long-term effects.
  • The cell phone as an object that goes into the inventory, not as something that every Sim "just has."
  • Employee-only doors for community lots

I think I covered most of it, but I know a good chunk of this stuff won't be in my favor.
Scholar
#43 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:00 AM
Here some ideas to bring something new to TS4, in regards to animations, and adding more AI variety.

How about having Sims be able to move furniture? Like if as creators we don't satisfy the space that our Sims living in the home want, they will be able to move the furniture themselves to set it up the way they want. Sure, we can move the furniture back, but at least the Sims will have the option to change its positions.

This can also enrich any business experience, where a Sim visits a community lot to buy things. Sims can places the things in their home at will, rather than being a meaningless purchasing experience.

Oh, and laundry. Those clothes shouldn't be odour-free when our Sims stink from low hygiene.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Forum Resident
#44 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:05 AM
Sims 2-style memories, where they remember things like marriage, divorce, etc, and not just getting invited to a party.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again: one-sided relationships.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 7th May 2013 at 6:41 AM
I found this on the internet; http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/the-sim...ink-can-improve

Another thing that would be good is the ability to control your sims whilst they work, like the Firefighter career.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Alchemist
#46 Old 7th May 2013 at 6:43 AM
The heart, soul and the humour that Maxis put in The Sims 2 - Maxis is also making The Sims 4 so im hoping that it will be good.
And I don't want 600 patches or routing problems.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 7th May 2013 at 6:49 AM
the thing i would worry about is my computer, and the fps rate. i hope the fps capper isn't completely broken like it is in ts3. and i have no idea if i should go get a better graphics card this summer? in case i end up wanting to play it further down the road.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 7th May 2013 at 7:09 AM
Traits like TS2 pets had where it's like, "Lazy, Neutral, Active," or, "Friendly, Neutral, Aggressive."

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#49 Old 7th May 2013 at 7:15 AM
Less traits that basically do nothing; eg. the Daredevil trait

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Mad Poster
#50 Old 7th May 2013 at 7:16 AM
Maxis was merely a name change. That is all. Having Maxis "back" mean all of nothing. Even with a good track record for making things of quality, they can still suck. Disney isn't all hits, you know.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 2 of 30