Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 11:29 PM
Default Will you play TS3 still and ignore TS4 when it comes out?
or at least wait a long time before purchasing? That will be me. Even though the Sims 4 will be tempting with its new gadgets etc., I still haven't really made my way around TS3 yet and I only have had 2 families, the ones I have currently, ( I'm a slow player)and I only have one expansion too and the final expansions are being released back to back so their really hasn't ben a lot of time for TS3. The money for the Sims 3 is extremely expensive just to buy too so I'm not just going to leave TS3 behind and get TS4 just to need to get all of the other new advances with the game and waist even more money. What will you guys be doing?
Advertisement
#2 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 11:30 PM
Im not going to be closed minded about Sims 4 - curiosity is certainly going to be a huge factor for me so of course Im going to want to give it a go
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 11:39 PM
Ok you have a point
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 11:39 PM
boost~~~~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 11:42 PM
How about playing TS2 and ignoring both TS3 and TS4!

Seeing that we have no trailer and nothing but gossip to go on, there is little more to do but wait and see.

If you continue to double post a mod may put their boot into you.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 11:43 PM
I'm probably going to explore the Sims 4 for a bit and if I get to bored I'll go back to the Sims 3. I'm the kind of gamer that gets the game as soon as it comes out and it doesn't take long for me to expect an expansion pack long after. lol I'm looking forward to Sims 4, I hope it keeps me more busy than the Sims 3.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 11:51 PM
That depends on how good sims 4 is to me for I will probably continue to play sims 2 but as I said before it depends on how good the game is on how much I play it.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Inventor
#8 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 11:56 PM
If I like what I see at E3, then I'll consider getting it.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123
If I like what I see at E3, then I'll consider getting it.

I thought they weren't showing The Sims 4 at E3
Did EA change there mind! Please say yes!
Inventor
#10 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 1:23 AM
Well, considering that the Sims series is probably their most successful franchise next to the SimCity series, and their announcement is just in time for E3 AND they're gonna be showing off their other stuff there, why not?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 1:23 AM
This is really too difficult to answer - nobody knows until we know more about, or even play TS4. It it's amazing, I'll probably ditch TS3, maybe recreate my current town on that. If I think it's shit, well then I'll keep playing TS3, fine by me. I've never been one to play two of the Sims games religiously at once. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the trailer coming out on the 10th?

19 - Female - Australia
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 1:26 AM
I think I'll wait until I've heard all the reviews and opinions before I even consider buying it.
Inventor
#13 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 1:37 AM
I wonder when embargo will be...
Instructor
#14 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer4Life1996
I think I'll wait until I've heard all the reviews and opinions before I even consider buying it.

This.

I'm happily chugging along with my Sims 2 and will continue to do so if Sims 4 flops.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 3:06 AM
I'll probablyt try TS3 instead because it will be much cheaper, and I will finally have enough money to buy a good computer then. I might try TS4 somewhere near the end of its life if it's proven to be good/last long.
Instructor
#16 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 3:23 AM
I never bought Sims 3, largely due to what you're saying, that I had already spent so much money on Sims 2, that I wasn't ready for Sims 3. Now, I'm glad I waited, seeing that Sims 3 doesn't seem like I would've enjoyed it as much as Sims 2. I prefer interesting characters, then awesome graphics. Sure, graphics can be great, and I wouldn't want Sims 4 to look dated, but I wouldn't want the game to be more about the scenery, and less about character development. That's just my preference though.

So, no to Sims 3. Maybe to Sims 4, it depends on many things. Or I continue playing my old, but still fun Sims 2. There are still things with Sims 2 I haven't tried yet.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
How about playing TS2 and ignoring both TS3 and TS4!

Would if I could; would if I could.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 5:05 AM
Tried Sims 3, didn't like it, went back to 2.
Have learnt my lesson now, so with Sims 4 I will be waiting to see the reviews, how borked it is, what we'll be able to do in terms of mods and CC, how long it takes the patches to come out, that kind of thing. I am still very happy with TS2 and will be more than happy to stay with it if 4 turns out to be a huge WOFTAM.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 5:37 AM Last edited by gazania : 19th Jun 2013 at 4:57 AM.
Whether it's Sims 3 or 2, if you like the game, why abandon it for 4? If possible, keep both. No need to be a "Sims monogamist".

Sims 2 wowed me. When I got a new computer, I wanted to play it over Sims 1.

When Sims 3 came out, I decided it wasn't for me. I stuck with 2.

If Sims 4 wows me to the point of overwhelming astonishment... it would have to really blow me away ... I'd play it instead of 2. If it interests me, I'd see if I can't play both. I'm upgrading my computer, and hope to get a larger hard drive. If the 4 reviews are "meh", I'll stick with 2. I've already done that with 3. There is no strong, urgent need to go with 4 if it doesn't appeal to me. If 4 is that horrible, and I get bored with 2 (or can no longer play it because of Windows 9/10/11/12), maybe I will finally try 3.

I'm looking forward to the Sims 4 trailer ... whenever that runs.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 5:49 AM
Eh... TS4'll have to blow me out of the water if it wants me to switch from TS2... and I only have TS2 Double Deluxe, so you can imagine how miffed I'll be if TS4 isn't amazing.

TS2 Challenge Addict.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 5:52 AM
Well, considering that the Sims series is probably their most successful franchise next to the SimCity series, and their announcement is just in time for E3 AND they're gonna be showing off their other stuff there, why not?

Simcity is not their second most successful series. The reason for this is that a few other of their franchises have since outsold simcity. Blame this on the poor management of the franchise since 2005. Everything after 2005 was garbage. Creator, societies, DS and 2013 were poop.
Instructor
#22 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 6:16 AM

I think it was said that they weren't showcasing anything on Sims 4 which is why most are complaining about it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Field Researcher
#23 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 8:45 AM
I'll wait for reviews from fellow simmers before I even consider buying it. Until then I'll happily be sticking to Sims 2.
Scholar
#24 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 9:37 AM
I'm not be one of those who suddenly abandon ts3 right away,when ts4 will be released.At first I wait for other simmers reviews about sims 4,and if there will be more possitive than negative,maybe I will buy it.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 9:54 AM
Since I haven't seen anything but eyes about the Sims 4, I am feeling conflicted about it. Considering that EA will not show the game at E3, I am back at being ambivalent about the whole thing.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Page 1 of 5