Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 10:40 AM
If my computer can run it, I'll get it if it isn't too expensive. My computer is from 2008 and while it has had a few updates, it's not great anymore.
If it gets really poor reviews or it has components that I don't like then I won't get it either, but I can't really see what could be done that would make it unplayable for me.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 10:47 AM
I'm bored with the Sims 3 and don't play it much anymore. EA has allowed the game to become stale.

I have little interest in plain a plain vanilla base game and waiting four or five years for EA to get up to speed with the game. When I go back to Sunset Valley, I find it hopelessly boring. I don't care to play the Sims 4 version of Sunset Valley.

If the Sims 4 starts where the Sims 3 left off, that would be a different story. But it is fairly apparent that EA is not going to do that. They are going to start over again and try to sell us the same series of EPs that they offered in the Sims 2 and the Sims 3.
Scholar
#28 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 11:34 AM
I'll be playing it the day it comes out. Patience is not my strong suit. If the past is any indication, once I start Sims 4 I will drop 3 like a hot potato.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 5:37 PM
Seeing how Sims3 is kind of the Oblivion of the sims series, let's hope Sims4 makes a come back like skyrim for elder scrolls.
Instructor
#30 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 6:22 PM
Yes.
I have no interest in TS4 at the moment. I probably won't after they give details either. And if I do decide to try it, I'll wait until the price has gone down a lot or buy used, if I can.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
No need to be a "Sims monogamist".

I'm such a Sim monogamist And I'll probably stay being one just for the fact that I don't have a lot of time to play with school and work and cat and household work and husband and working out and reading and life in general that my play time is usually just a few hours during the weekend.

I've been trying to play TSM for a few weeks now but because it doesn't hold my interest very well, actually it holds it quite badly, every time I play I feel that's just time wasted that I could have used sorting out my CC for TS3 or adding a few street lamps into the world I'm working on in CAW.

For this reason, I know I won't be able to play both. I don't plan on moving on because I really enjoy TS3 and I'm too invested in it to just jump board. But, if it still happens, that TS4 completely blows my mind, then it will have to be either or, not both.

I really hope that I can resist TS4 just for the simple reason that I want to play a static game. No more updating mods or patching or waiting for that next EP. I have just started to get my game to what I want it to be after uni came out, but next week or the one after that, when the new patch comes out, I'm going to have to delete all the mods I use and start collecting them from scratch, just so I can repeat the proces once more in the autumn.
Inventor
#32 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Simcity is not their second most successful series. The reason for this is that a few other of their franchises have since outsold simcity. Blame this on the poor management of the franchise since 2005. Everything after 2005 was garbage. Creator, societies, DS and 2013 were poop.

Creator, societies, and DS were poop, but 2013 isn't (<-opinion). It's launch was. Gameplay is fine (<-also opinion). The only thing about it is it seems a lot easier than DS and 4 (<-another opinion), which makes me a happy gamer.
Inventor
#33 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 9:07 PM
Also, call me different, but I don't really see why everyone is pooping on TS3 and SC 2013. Past the bugs and EA being EA, they're good games.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123
Also, call me different, but I don't really see why everyone is pooping on TS3 and SC 2013. Past the bugs and EA being EA, they're good games.
Isn't that like saying besides the brakes failing and the engine stalling, my brand new car is a really good car?

It's just that some people are okay with shelling out 50+/- bucks for them to work out their crap, but a lot of people aren't. In some cases, it almost feels like paying for the privilege to be a beta tester.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 10:45 PM

I haven't played Simcity but I agree on Sims 3. I've played the games for years and it wasn't until I started reading on these forums that I payed attention to the minor bugs and lackings. It really didn't bother me, and it still doesn't really. The bugs are really not that big of a deal, at least not to me, it's not like the game is unplayable or seriously screws up all the time.

But people are different I guess And people have different standards when it comes to games, and mine are apparently low.
One Minute Ninja'd
#36 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 12:05 AM
I'll probably play both, as I have quite a bit of time and content invested in TS3 to just toss it aside for a base game (especially as mods might be a while before becoming widely available). But I'll certainly try out the vanilla base game, provided it's really single-player, offline when it comes out. If I fall in love with TS4, I'll move over without any hesitation. If TS4 needs some more time to mature, I'll play with both.
Site Helper
#37 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 12:30 AM
I think that I'll ignore both Sims 4 and Sims 3, and keep playing Sims 2.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 5:13 AM
Creator, societies, and DS were poop, but 2013 isn't (<-opinion). It's launch was. Gameplay is fine (<-also opinion). The only thing about it is it seems a lot easier than DS and 4 (<-another opinion), which makes me a happy gamer.

So you're OK with the shrieking trees?
#39 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 5:37 AM
I'm with Mootilda.

I have absolutely no intention to buy TS4. I'm not a complete pessimist about the prospects, there's a small portion of my brain which hopes they might really surprise us all and come out with a fantastic game, but I seriously doubt it.

I got the base game TS3, felt it was a half-finished rip-off, and never expanded past the base game. I haven't bought ANYTHING manufactured by EA since 2008, I have just made up my mind about that company and won't throw any money their way. I feel they release broken and shoddy games across the board, and it's way beyond "Hey, every game has quirks and problems!". It's more than a few quirks, they release garbage (and give us invasive background software to boot) and I don't feel they have any incentive to improve their products as long as everyone keeps throwing a ton of cash at them. That's just how I feel about it personally.

If they get their act together, release a good product, quit with the SecuROM/Origin crap, and provide a functional game at a decent price, sure, I'll get on board. Until then, I'm just not buying anything else of theirs.

I'm more than content with Sims 2 and all the expansions I have on that one (another game whose expansions were released half-finished and made playable because of the modding community, not EA itself. Took me ages to get it stable, and now it is thanks to the modders.)

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 5:51 AM
It remains to be seen. With TS2, I remained loyal to it until this year before I just decided to try out TS3. I love TS2, but I really like TS3 and I regret the time I wasted snubbing 3. I might not play them on the same scale, but I get a lot of fun out of both of them. So with 4, I'll probably buy the game and try it out and see if I like it. If I don't, then I still have my old games to play.
Scholar
#41 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 7:10 AM
Maybe. I'm not sure...
If EA gives us more
information maybe
I'll buy Sims 4, but
if it turns out to be
lame, then I won't
buy it. Simple. Bye!
Instructor
#42 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 9:53 AM
I wouldn't waste my money on all the stuff on Sims 3 and I am contented with Sims 4. I am most concerned about the compatibility of older games with newer computers...
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 11:55 AM
I'm with Ani, I just don't have enough free time to play more than one game. I'm like a sim with a cheap bed, wake up tired - wash - eat - go to work - eat - back to bed and by the weekend the housework has built up zzz
Alchemist
#44 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 2:10 PM
I dropped 1 for 2 and 2 for 3, but with plenty of information about the upcoming game. Since we have nothing on TS4 yet, I can't really answer the question definitively. It'll depend on what information is released leading up to it
Scholar
#45 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 2:55 PM

Awwww, I like Societies. It's a fun game in its own right, it's just not what people expected from a Sim City game.
Theorist
#46 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 3:20 PM
That would depend on what EA will be introducing in TS4. I'm very interested in what's going to roll out with the base game. As I've said before, base game needs at least weather/seasons for me to perk up and consider jumping ship. Mind you, I said the same thing about TS3 before it came out. Come launch day, my husband had it, I held out but after a couple of hours watching him play, I had to play it too. So... even if I try to hold out, if hubby brings it home on launch day, I KNOW I'm doomed ;P

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#47 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 3:54 PM

I'm not a SC2013 player, but I don't know one sim city player who thinks it's a good game. In fact my 11 yr old who insisted on it for his birthday hasn't fired it up in about a month.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 6:43 PM
I'll be playing both the Sims 3&4, but I'll probably end up abandoning one or the other.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 6:48 PM
I do want to try The Sims 4 at some point, probably not long after it's released if my laptop can handle it. I don't really play TS3 much though, I'm a TS2 girl at heart! I do own most of the EP's and SP's for TS3 though, as well as loads of Store stuff, and I expect to expand my collection in the not too distant future. But really, TS4 will have to be pretty awesome to get me to abandon TS2! It's taken me years and uears to get my game and gameplay style to something that really suits me, and I'm not sure I have the energy to go through all that again! It's also much harder to do with a game that isn't completed yet - as stuff is still being released for TS3 I haven't been able to settle down to one style of playing yet, and it's a pain having to update mods for every patch.

But who knows, maybe one day I'll end up playing TS2, TS3 and TS4! :-)
Inventor
#50 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
Awwww, I like Societies. It's a fun game in its own right, it's just not what people expected from a Sim City game.

I haven't played Societies or Creator, So I can't really verify. But, I have played DS, and that was hard. Riots, Tornadoes, Large crowds of people leaving at once... Plus EA doesn't really care about their handheld games... so yeah.
Page 2 of 5