Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 8:52 PM Last edited by bihem : 10th Jun 2013 at 8:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Well I already ignore the complete existence that is TS3, and I just cant get back into TS2"All though it is my love of the current sims franchise". I will only "hope" TS4 will be great enough to leave behind the past titles; but I have no faith....I mean come on its EA "Enormous Asshole"
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 6:49 AM Last edited by little bee : 11th Jun 2013 at 7:00 AM.
Though we still don't know what new about TS4 (as "Open World" in TS3 or "Traveling across the ocean/Underwater Live Mode" in IP.), but as a die-hard fan of TS series I'll buying TS4 asap I finish checking the forum on system spec, glitches, bork etc.

Anyway, to tell you the truth, I bought TS3 with so much enthusiasm, played it around a month and got bored. I went back to play TS2 for 2 months with lots and lots of fun.
I came back to play TS3 constantly after Late Night. LN made a huge difference from Base Game&WA.

Because I am a loyal customer of TS so I feel I should have a say about the game's glitches, bugs, poor performance and EA greed about the store items.
So sad that I am totally delusional.
EA just want you to pay big bucks to them and just "shut up&play". Do not complain. They don't want to hear it.
This is the attitude I need EA to change when TS4 come out.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 7:02 AM
Most likely. But for more practical reasons.

My laptop can barely play TS3. Money's getting tight, I have no plans to buy a new computer (it'd have to be a Christmas/birthday gift), and by the time TS4 comes out I'll be preparing for grad school. Which leaves me little time for leisure, let alone playing The Sims. Besides, with how EA's been acting, I have little hope for TS4. I'll have to seriously do my research and wait for the reviews before I think about getting it.

I won't have the time, money, or patience to deal with another base game filled with glitches, annoyances, and general tomfoolery. At least not on Launch Day.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Theorist
#54 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 4:59 PM
I'll give TS4 a chance. If I like it better than TS3, I'll likely switch and never look back like I did with TS2. I probably put less than an hour into TS2 in the last 4 years since TS3 came out.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 5:44 PM
I'll probably do just what I did when 2 and 3 came out. Lurk in the forums, checking out screen shots and people's raves and rants. Let the cc makers get a head start and THEN buy the game. For me, a great deal of the fun of the Sims is "shopping" for furniture, clothes, hairstyles that I can add to my game.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 10:18 PM
I'll probably make the switch to TS4 quickly, like I did with TS2 to TS3. I haven't actually played any Sims game in ages so picking up TS4 when it comes out will be like starting fresh for me.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 8:45 PM
It obviously depends entirely on how good the game is. I highly doubt I'm going to want to play two of what is essentially the same game, so the real question is which I'm going to hang onto and which I'm not going to bother with. As much as I like TS2, I don't still play it, because I can't keep enough interest in playing TS2 and TS3 - they're the same game with some differences. I prefer TS3's open neighborhood/story progression, so that's the one I stick with. When TS4 comes out and gets some substantial EPs behind it, if I think it's superior in some way, I'm surely going to end up leaving TS3 behind.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 8:56 PM
I plan on buying a much better computer specific to the Sims gaming, so I'll probably jump right into the Sims 4 as I haven't been able to play much of the Sims 3 on my current computer. I really, really want to check out Island Paradise, so I'm sure I will get into the Sims 3 when I get the computer this fall, but I'm very open-minded and excited for the Sims 4. I haven't liked the Sims 3 for many reasons, one being that it lags soo much and it's so different compared to the Sims 2 (the gameplay, the content, the logistics of the game and the technical aspect.) I don't know what it is.. there's just something about the Sims 3 that turned me off..

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Test Subject
#59 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 9:08 PM
Resistance is futile, but I'll resist as long a possible.
Test Subject
#60 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 1:46 PM
I'm going to be playing TS2 and TS3 when it comes out, and I'll try to see if I like TS4, I might not like it that much at first, it did take me four years to actually get into playing TS3 after all.
Theorist
#61 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ldms510
It's just that some people are okay with shelling out 50+/- bucks for them to work out their crap, but a lot of people aren't.

I remember when I started playing Sims 2 and I didn't know about the official site, fan forums, patches, CC or any of that. I was about to give up on the game when I stumbled onto the fan sites that introduced me to forum discussion on the game and 3rd party CC. I remember reading about bugs and glitches in that game series. How we the players thank all the modders in the community for making our Sims 2 game playable because EA sure didn't address all those glitches. Personally, I didn't have all those terrible things happen to me.

Fast forward to the Sims 3. Well...Sims 3 sold 1.4 million copies week one. That's just the base game, if we add in all the EP's and SP's there's a few more million copies out there I'm sure. That's a lot of "some people are okay with shelling out 50+/- bucks". I still read a lot players talking about bugs and glitches. My personal experience never even come close to what I'm reading in the forums back then and today. I guess I'm one of those lucky players. Worst thing that's happened to me is converting all Store CC into package files which took my game more than 2 hours to load. I quickly revised that strategy.

For SimCity 2013 1.6 million copies to date is a lot of "some people are okay with shelling out 50+/- bucks". If we really wanted to send a message, we didn't do it with The Sims 3 Series or SimCity 2013. I see EA really shaking in their proverbial boots. I predict Sims 4 will also hit at least 1 million copies in the first week. So much for "everybody" pissing and moaning of how they're going to make their wallets tell EA to smarten up and give us everything we want without bugs/glitches or anything else we don't like.

Bottom line is, most of us, me included will buy it because we like playing our sims games regardless of bugs or glitches or <insert your want/need here> not being in the game. We'll all piss and moan about how <insert your want/need here> should be in the base game but didn't make it but in the end we'll still shell out the $<insert price here> for us to have this game in our hot little hands.

Since TS4 is going to be single player, I'm glad I'm not going to be giving up my only single player game. If Sims 4 were an online game, my guilty pleasure would end with The Sims 3 series.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 12:55 AM
Waiting for the trailer first. Heck, it took me two years until I finally bought TS3!
Test Subject
#63 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 8:58 PM
ive already made my decision - no twallan, no me. his nrass mods are crack to me. i cant adjust to life without them.

story progression, relativity (realistic time flow) and master controller. will never play without these ever again.

if someone steps in and fills the void, ill consider it. its unlikely EA will implement the level of detail he puts into his mods though.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 4:39 PM
I stopped playing the sims 3 to return to the sims 2 a few months ago, so I'm hopeful that in the sims 4 there will be more contact between the sim and the player, thing i missed in the sims 3... I really like when sims ask me something and they protest... in its simplicity it's better than the sims 3... my opinion
In the sims 3 they cared a lot some things that were not necessary and they ignored some little things that would make the sims 3 far way better
Instructor
#65 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 5:55 PM
I still haven't completely abandoned Sims 2, Sims 4 would have to be incredibly amazing to get me to abandon the older games completely, and sadly I don't expect it be incredibly amazing. I'm unlikely to buy it day 1, I'll wait to see what people think of it and give modders a chance to get a head start in cleaning up the inevitable messes.
Instructor
#66 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 6:34 PM
I will definitely try TS4 when it comes out, as long as I like what it looks like. Whether I'll keep to TS3 or not is impossible to say now... Tbh, TS3 is lacking for me. There are ton of features but it still feels so empty and like you've got nothing to look forward to in game. Hopefully TS4 will be better in that regard, and in that case I'll probably switch over to TS4.
Test Subject
#67 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 9:16 PM
I think I will watch some youtube videos and check out some player reviews before I buy it. The only thing I'm scared of is that I remember when TS3 came out I immediately forgot all about my TS2 game and I never played it again as much as I loved it. I don't want that to happen again But it probably will.
Alchemist
#68 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boobzilla
ive already made my decision - no twallan, no me. his nrass mods are crack to me. i cant adjust to life without them.

story progression, relativity (realistic time flow) and master controller. will never play without these ever again.

if someone steps in and fills the void, ill consider it. its unlikely EA will implement the level of detail he puts into his mods though.

Let's not base our decision to purchase the game on whether or not a modder is willing to fix whatever EA offers us. How else is the company going to learn to improve its own game? This just sends EA the message that it's okay to give us a half-baked, bug-infested, under-beta'd, willy-nilly'd piece of... ...pie.

I am grateful for our talented modders, but EA should not be expected to rely on them to make a decent game.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 4:55 AM
Heck -- I'll still be playing TS2 if Sims 4 is a case of wasted opportunity. Sim City 4 and TS2 for me, thanks.

TS2 Challenge Addict.
Sockzz!
#70 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 8:47 AM
I think I'm going to play it as soon as it's out, but I think I will be full of bugs
Forum Resident
#71 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 9:13 AM
i'll have a look at ts4 when it comes out but i will most likely stick with ts3
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 1:00 AM
No I hate 4gb virtual memory limit.
Hopefully Sims 4 will be 64bit app.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 2:45 AM
HA! I still play 2 and ignore 3!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#74 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 6:19 AM
I will definitely get 4. I still remember the release of 3 and how disappointed I was with the glitches and whatnot . In saying this I love 3 now and wouldnt go back! Cant wait for 4! Bugs and all.
Forum Resident
#75 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 7:30 AM
if i do get ts4 i will also be buying the biggest can of bug spray i can find
Page 3 of 5