Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#51 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keeponsimmin

In the pictures of the survey on tumblr, they mentioned that you could play mini games on the go which would progress your sim on the PC, as well as CAS mobile.

Do you have a link to the tumblr? If you don't feel comfortable sharing it here you can PM it to me. I've been trying to find it but I kinda fail at navigating tumblr...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 2:25 AM Last edited by keeponsimmin : 22nd Jun 2013 at 4:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
Do you have a link to the tumblr? If you don't feel comfortable sharing it here you can PM it to me. I've been trying to find it but I kinda fail at navigating tumblr...

http://fivegigs.tumblr.com

It's been posted here before, so I think it's okay to post. It's a few pages back.

PK's site is back up, this time with TS4 "extraneous examples" linking to two things about the NSA, and the other three linking to Vimeo videos of the same TS4 mockups.

edit; Meh, he's changed it again.

edit2;http://pkellysf.com/olympus_01.html IT'S ASKING FOR A PASSWORD I WANNA GET IN >:/
Instructor
#53 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 7:05 AM
To be honest - this "unrest" thing amongst the game devs at EA seems highly plausible. I mean, have you seen how scarily fake-happy they are? It's almost like off-screen someone's holding a gun to their loved ones and saying "Now say awesome one more time, or your teddy bear - Mr. Ted, gets it!"
It probably isn't glamorous at all. Just a few higher ups dictating what they think will sell - no creativity being given to the lowly developers. Like what Albert said with his supervisor.
They want sexy because sex sells. But to be honest - EA sexy is weird.

And because I've said it way too much - TBH TBH TBH TBH.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject
To be honest - this "unrest" thing amongst the game devs at EA seems highly plausible. I mean, have you seen how scarily fake-happy they are? It's almost like off-screen someone's holding a gun to their loved ones and saying "Now say awesome one more time, or your teddy bear - Mr. Ted, gets it!"
It probably isn't glamorous at all. Just a few higher ups dictating what they think will sell - no creativity being given to the lowly developers. Like what Albert said with his supervisor.
They want sexy because sex sells. But to be honest - EA sexy is weird.

And because I've said it way too much - TBH TBH TBH TBH.

If that were the case, then, the employees should go on strike. No one should be treated like shit.

At this rate, I sense a push-back coming. Unless EA really did work on the current version plenty of years ago, I don't see how the game would be released early next year. I'm thinking the current negative feedback toward the mock-ups will cause EA to work on the game some more. It's not a coincidence that the Sim from the sketch is wearing the exact same outfit and accessories as the blond Sim from the mock-ups that was sitting on the couch. Even the hair looks like the same mesh. The worry from the comments are probably worrying EA, lol.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 7:14 PM
TS2 and TS3 were both delayed, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't, honestly. (Although they may be struggling to try and make sure it's not delayed, because when TS3 was, a looot of people were pissed if I remember correctly)

All of PK's TS4 stuff now leads to that password-required page, which is making me mad since I don't know the password >:/ Even though it's probably not anything new (well, three of the pages say "new!", but I doubt it is), I'm just stubborn and want in ;P It's weird though, there's two blatant typos on it that make me want to think it's a hint or something ("That password is icornectt!" "Please try anaig!"), but I'm probably just reading into it.
Alchemist
#56 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 7:16 PM
It's weird though, there's two blatant typos on it that make me want to think it's a hint or something ("That password is icornectt!" "Please try anaig!"), but I'm probably just reading into it.

Have you tried typing "anaig"?
Field Researcher
#57 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Have you tried typing "anaig"?

Admittedly, I have tried typing anaig, icornectt, and other variations wayyy too much
Alchemist
#58 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 7:46 PM
Admittedly, I have tried typing anaig, icornectt, and other variations wayyy too much

Oh well, it was worth a shot!
Instructor
#59 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 8:18 PM
I typed 'olypmus' and it said 'So close!'. It doesn't say that when I type something else.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
I typed 'olypmus' and it said 'So close!'. It doesn't say that when I type something else.

I haven't gotten "so close!" either before! Let me go try that...

edit; Just tried both "olympus" and "olypmus" (was that a typo, btw?)", neither said "so close"
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 11:57 PM
I have ever look into his website and this information I got before:

Pattrick Kelly - The Sims 4 UI/UX Designer
EA: March 2011 to March 2012

Worked with UI team, engineers, and artists to design, explore gameplay features, UI elements and animation sequences for two online versions of the Sims 4 using Agile and Scrum development methods.

He was also working previously as "The Sims 3 (3DS) UI/UX Designer/ Engineer/ Artist"
Field Researcher
#62 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 3:46 AM
^ It's weird, because I could've sworn the other day he changed it to not even say TS4, but just Olympus. I know it doesn't say it now, but maybe I just thought it said that or something.

On the other hand, I'm still trying this password thing and still failing. I wish I could get it to say "so close!" like it did for vss2eip, but it keeps just telling me the icornectt and anaig stuff. :/
Theorist
#63 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 6:08 AM
^ It's weird, because I could've sworn the other day he changed it to not even say TS4, but just Olympus. I know it doesn't say it now, but maybe I just thought it said that or something.

On the other hand, I'm still trying this password thing and still failing. I wish I could get it to say "so close!" like it did for vss2eip, but it keeps just telling me the icornectt and anaig stuff. :/

This might be completely silly but maybe it's password with the letters mixed up? Anyone try that yet?
Field Researcher
#64 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 6:18 AM
This might be completely silly but maybe it's password with the letters mixed up? Anyone try that yet?

I hadn't even thought of that! Aah, so many different combinations though

Weird thing is, icornectt =/= incorrect jumbled up, although anaig does equal again. I just refuse to believe these are two typos, I refuse!
Theorist
#65 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 6:23 AM
I hadn't even thought of that! Aah, so many different combinations though

Weird thing is, icornectt =/= incorrect jumbled up, although anaig does equal again. I just refuse to believe these are two typos, I refuse!

Since Siminati and PK like codes the typos could be hints. Or he's trolling all of us.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 6:31 AM
Since Siminati and PK like codes the typos could be hints. Or he's trolling all of us.

Oh, I'm sure he's having a good laugh as he's playing everyone

I'd like to think the typos are hints, but I'm also a pretty optimistic person in general. Usually.

I mean, he's already left his password/user on his site for Google analytics before (and yeah, it's not important, but still :P), so maybe he'll do it again for this. Maybe. (Even though there's probably nothing of new information)
Test Subject
#67 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 7:37 AM
Look at this website:
http://www.tutorbungalow.com/tutor.php?id=12871

Quote:
Education
School: University of Washington
Degree & Major: BA Art
Year: 1996

Bingo!

His name also mention here:
http://mysims.wikia.com/wiki/User_b...ive_Concept_Art
Mad Poster
#68 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 7:45 AM
i love PK's resumes. pretty cute. xxx
Field Researcher
#69 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolkips
Look at this website:

Bingo!

His name also mention here:
http://mysims.wikia.com/wiki/User_b...ive_Concept_Art

He's real!

On the other hand, it can't be good to go from working for a big company like EA to being a tutor, can it?
Mad Poster
#70 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 4:39 PM Last edited by gazania : 24th Jun 2013 at 2:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by coolkips
Look at this website:

Nice to see that he's not some sort of make-believe character.

Actually, I'm starting to go along with those who are thinking that he is playing us ... or trying to give us a message to buzz off. Or both.

And ... I have to admit ... I'm getting a little bored by this, which might be what he wants. Fair enough. We probably were hassling him, and things were starting to get overly personal. People made screenshots, I got to see the "real" resume a couple of times. I saw what I could from him. Time to let him do what he's doing and find something else to while away my time ... like clean out that over-full closet that is taunting me.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 7:57 PM Last edited by darkraven1753 : 23rd Jun 2013 at 8:25 PM.
Anyone notice that where it says "Please enter your password!" is actually another text box that you can type in? You can type over those words and change them to something else. Maybe you're supposed to do that and/or enter a password for it to work.

amor vincit omnia
Field Researcher
#73 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkraven1753
Anyone notice that where it says "Please enter your password!" is actually another text box that you can type in? You can type over those words and change them to something else. Maybe you're supposed to do that and/or enter a password for it to work.

Aah, I never noticed that!

Someone on the TS3 forums pointed out that it's Flash and may not even redirect to anything.
Test Subject
#74 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 9:55 PM
Field Researcher
#75 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 11:56 PM

Page 3 of 13