Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Place for Everything and Everything in its Niche

by mustluvcatz Posted 3rd Jul 2013 at 3:28 AM - Updated 27th Sep 2013 at 6:33 AM by mustluvcatz : added slot information

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 3:47 AM Last edited by ekrubynaffit : 3rd Jul 2013 at 12:02 PM.
My downloads folder hates you, I, on the other hand dont!! Can never have enough shelving to put cluttery goodness on!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 4:04 AM
I like your shelves and i like how it is mounted into the wall it is nice i like it. ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 4:56 AM
This is just another addition I get to make to the 3K+ downloads I have :3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 5:44 AM
Wow, and just when I thought I had enough shelving units in my game. Boy was I wrong.
I'm in total love with these, I can literally think of a thousand or so uses for them, I'm so excited to test em out!
Awesome work! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 6:01 AM
Oooh, I love this set! Thanks so much for making it!
Just a note- the grammar nerd in me had to point out that in your title, "it's" should be changed to "its."
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 7:34 AM
Such a great idea, love it. Haven't anything ingame similar to this. Thanks a lot
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 8:32 AM
*gently sobs* I wanted niches in my real-life shower SO BAD, but one wall was full of plumbing, the other wall was full of electrical cables, and the third wall's studs were so off-center it just would've looked terrible.

I shall proceed to live vicariously through my Sims, instead.
RETROTROUT
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 8:44 AM
Cool Download
Where did you get the downloads for the neat clutter on the third picture of the 3 tilded niches.
This one to be more specific
https://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/...HESbathroom.jpg
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 9:25 AM
Fabulous, love them!! Thank you :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 10:30 AM
That's a brilliant idea! Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 11:27 AM
who could believe this. there are many shelvings/niches around, TS2 has existed for years.. but you still managed to create totally cool ones in a new style nobody had done before! kudos & thank you ^_^
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 12:16 PM
This looks fantastic. I love clutter, and anything that lets me place more is brilliant. But I do have one question, how does it look from the back? I accidentally downloaded a similar thing before, and more than half of it poked out the back into the next room. I don't imagine this will poke out, it looks rather thin, but I figured I'd ask.

Thank you for sharing, and for making my game full of slots to put things on :D
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 4:26 PM
Wow! Thanks so much for all the lovely comments!

retrotrut - Most of the stuff on the top 2 shelves of both niches is by billyjean (leehee) and Nemestnaya at Black Pearl Sims. I do see something by yulia- the box of feminine products. The stuff on the bottom shelf of both niches is mine, along with 2 of the things on one of the other shelves. The BPS stuff is in the retired creator's section. The stuff by me- the bath care stuff is on my blog (look in the January 2013 stuff) and the mason jars on my tumblr.. sorry for not having direct links right now.

gummilutt - I'm pretty sure I know which mesh you're talking about and NOPE, mine don't stick through the wall at all. The back of it is as close to the wall as I could get it without it sticking out.

Again, thanks for the comments and downloading (if you did, lol) and you're very welcome!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 5:15 PM
Very cute and sweet. Nice addition to the game!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 6:44 PM
I did download, yes. You are one of those creators that I consider to have high quality downloads and great taste, so I did not actually expect it to stick out. And honestly, I would probably have gotten them even if they did, because they look really great
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 8:37 PM
I've been rigging up some pathetic-looking bathroom shelves (with extra wall parts) for shower areas in my houses. Now I won't have to do that, and it will look so much nicer. Thank you!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 11:51 PM
Another fabulous download, thank you so much. :D
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 2:35 AM
I'm actually not much of a "clutterer," but I'm wonderin' somethin'... Would the shelves work with actual functional windows? I ask because even though I don't do lots of clutter, I do like window sills. In my real house, I use them for killing -- I mean growing! -- plants. Especially herbs in the kitchen, so that the plants are close at hand when I need a bit of something or other. For Sim purposes, I've used regular shelves to make sills, but the ones I have are kind of deep and look a bit doofy, especially if I put one on, say a window right above a sink. I'm wondering if I could finagle something with the shelves from this set. Or are they not the right height(s)? Whatcha think?
Theorist
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 3:15 AM
Beautifully done, MLC! I love your uploads, thanks for sharing them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 9:34 AM
Would you believe I've been lurking at BPS, Leefish, and all your blogs just waiting for you to upload some more niches? I am so happy I could burst! I use/abuse your other niches frequently in all my lots. Now I have more to choose from. Happy Dance! Thank you MLC! You've made my day. :D
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 7:04 PM
Thanks again for all the comments. :lovestruc

iCad- I tried that out after reading your comment. As long as you can shift things they would work with some windows, not all. Unless you don't mind them being a little bit above the windowsill. You'd also probably want to use snapobjects so they don't stick through the window, along with whatever is on the shelf. I've done that with other shelves I've done (not shared anywhere yet, lol) and it works but it's a bit too fiddly for me.

bahnsidhe - the niches and the shelves aren't new, they're the same ones from Leefish and my blogspot from last year. They have been reworked a bit and instead of having to have all the shelves, you only need 3 now. The main difference between the 2 sets of niches (the actual in-wall part) is that this set has 2 subsets and the old only one. The frames are brand new, as are the recolors. (I really need to finish the outdoor set up one of these days. )
BTW, all of the old shelf and niche recolors will still work with this set- since the niches are now 2 subsets you'd only get 1 recolor/subset choice, but they'll still work.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 9:37 PM
This like so many of your work is "ALWAYS" wonderful. That is the main reason you're been on my creator list so long as one of my favorite. Thank you much. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 10:35 AM
Thank you so much for continuing to make new and wonderfully useful content for the Sims 2. I love this game - not converting to sims 3 so I am eternally grateful to you for all your wonderful creations. They look great in game and improve game play. Love them all. Downloading this set right now. Thank you again.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 4:14 PM
I was going to say something about you having found your niche, but I shall desist.

I loved these before and I love them even more now; I never met a slot I didn't fill with clutter. (And now that I've got a shiny new computer with a hard drive that's about four times bigger than the old one, my Downloads folder can just stuff it. ) Thank you for sharing!
Page 1 of 3