Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 4:07 AM Last edited by aw4k3n1ng : 18th Aug 2013 at 5:08 AM.
Default Features we know so far about TS4
CAS - moulding sims - grabbing, pulling and moving using the mouse to tweak the facial structure and the body proportions to create sims with different body types/shapes/eyelid width, pupil size, nostril, muscle definition/better randomisation/smarter match-ups of clothing/ different walkstyle

Blocks System - place, move or rotate a room.

Intelligent and Emotional Sims

Control over Groups

Multitasking

Relationships - Romance bar and Friendship bar

Music - Joshua Radin songs in simlish

Graphics - Food more detailed and have an emotional impact on sims.

Mobile Feature

Achievements - need to unlock contents

UI

Items

premium items returning - cow plant, violin, basketball
new items - cupcake making machine

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 4:23 AM
The term "Avatar" needs to stop being used. This is not IMVU. Stop it
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 4:29 AM
Thanks - looks great! Loving the changes they've made. Just want to hear about the changes, if any, to the aging and genetics systems!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 4:58 AM
added to main post.

Control over Groups

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 5:06 AM
Not liking that cluttered interface. Also what is up with making the sim so huge. I don't need to see their chest. The sims themselves I don't mind. The scenery behind the house looks like a painted on backdrop-not good. I'm dying to see what babies-kids look like. I notice they have showed not one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#6 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 8:08 AM
That blond hair in the first pic seems so Sims Social-ish to me.
Scholar
#7 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
That blond hair in the first pic seems so Sims Social-ish to me.

Cuz this game actually had to be sims social rework
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 9:43 AM
I really want to see other age groups and actual families at this point, the single adult sim is throwing out way too many social network game vibes for my liking, which is a shame because so far, I do actually like it.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 9:48 AM
Pleased to hear that handling groups of sims will be easier/more efficient.
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 10:08 AM
I'm split. On one hand, I love the changes they've made to the gameplay (as long as it's actually going to work as they've intended it to), I think it sounds as if they're actually trying to make the game more dynamic and liveful.
On the other hand, I'm not really that fond of the visuals, it's just... a bit too cartoony. Now, I'm not asking for GTA V graphics or anything, I think a cartoonish style can work, but at this level it pretty much looks like a more high end version of sims social or sims freeplay.
Scholar
#11 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 1:35 PM
I guess I look at them a little different if they not be too cartoony.I mean,faces looks really good,but the whole style is not suitable for me.
Also I disappointed when heard that there will no be CASt,cuz it was one of those great things in ts3,who make me decide to leave sims2.Build mode also raises suspicions...........
Uhhh,this game just not for me.At now I see more negative things,than positive.So waitting for 20 august,when I finally can make my final judgment.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 1:55 PM
If their improving the core aspects of the game, I honestly dont mind the looks; with EA we cant have it both ways; may its possible to have afew graphic overhauls.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aw4k3n1ng
CAS - moulding sims - grabbing, pulling and moving using the mouse to tweak the facial structure and the body proportions to create sims with different body types/shapes/eyelid width, pupil size, nostril, muscle definition/better randomisation/smarter match-ups of clothing/ different walkstyle

Blocks System - place, move or rotate a room.

Intelligent and Emotional Sims

Control over Groups

Multitasking

Relationships - Romance bar and Friendship bar

Music - Joshua Radin songs in simlish

Graphics - Food more detailed and have an emotional impact on sims.

Mobile Feature

Achievements - need to unlock contents

UI

Items

premium items returning - cow plant, violin, basketball
new items - cupcake making machine

Please for the love of god. Stop recycling old items into "Premium" store items.
And god help us all if that terrible store feature is built into the game again. Cant tell you how many times my game slowed down when i accidentally highlighted over a store item.

And god please EA, Maxis and Lucy Bradshaw, please for the love of god: Make a steam version. Not everybody likes using Origin! Steam is much better!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 3:16 PM
http://www.jeuxcapt.com/Les-Sims-4-...lite-19171.html

- "and your Sim will be in memory his past, his previous experience, the way you dressed throughout your party and its various relationships it has or has with other Sims . Maxis therefore promises a depth unmatched game on this point."

We know that outfits will have more of an effect on the sims, but what if they aren't grouped together like Casual/PJs/Swimwear, etc? Also, love love love that they will remember their previous relationships. I also love the whole FWB deal that was mentioned in a magazine article.

"the neighborhood will be more diverse"

This excites me.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I really want to see other age groups and actual families at this point, the single adult sim is throwing out way too many social network game vibes for my liking.

No elders, no teens, no kids shown! This looks like a remake of the 'Urbz' geared toward a 13 yr. old girl. It's "The Sims" lite, and all the bad connotations that come with 'lite'. I do not want the Sims dumbed down. If they want to lose their long term fan base, they are doing some fine work in that direction. So far, not impressed one bit!
Instructor
#16 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 3:40 PM
From the link keeponsimmin posted, this translation:

"And finally, you should also know that the neighborhood will be more diverse, and that from the beginning of the game, but what is the multiplayer Sims 4 which much is expected, it will probably wait until Gamescom to know the first real information."
Forum Resident
#17 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by koololdster
No elders, no teens, no kids shown! This looks like a remake of the 'Urbz' geared toward a 13 yr. old girl. It's "The Sims" lite, and all the bad connotations that come with 'lite'. I do not want the Sims dumbed down. If they want to lose their long term fan base, they are doing some fine work in that direction. So far, not impressed one bit!

Kinda reminds me of a mix of The Urbz (Graphics Designs), and The Sims 2 Console (Engine and features designed).

But trust me, it most likely will not look anything like this in the final release. It will look similar, but EA seems to be listening to alot of our feedback lately.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Kinda reminds me of a mix of The Urbz (Graphics Designs), and The Sims 2 Console (Engine and features designed).

But trust me, it most likely will not look anything like this in the final release. It will look similar, but EA seems to be listening to alot of our feedback lately.

I hope you are right residenteviloutbreak! I so want to like this.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 3:51 PM

To say it won't look anything like this is more than a little strong. The game is probably in late alpha. They can't change the overall look of the game.

Also, I don't see the similarities between The Urbz and TS4. I just don't. That's kind of an insult to TS4, seriously.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keeponsimmin
To say it won't look anything like this is more than a little strong. The game is probably in late alpha. They can't change the overall look of the game.

Also, I don't see the similarities between The Urbz and TS4. I just don't. That's kind of an insult to TS4, seriously.

First, how is that an insult to TS4?

Second, the looks are by character design. I am not the only one who noticed the similarity.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 8:43 PM
I'm really surprised that people want their Sims to look more 'real'- personally, I like the fact that the Sims is cartoony, and cute, - I don't *want* to re-live my actual live via a virtual simulation, I have enough fun/stress/zaniness in real life to do without a game that tries to dupe it. All I wanted graphics wise, was TS3 with nicer, more refined looking Sims, and they've basically done that. I'm sold. So long as it's got TS2 gameplay styles (and it sounds a bit like it will, the multitasking is REALLY exciting, and I love the new emotion-based system, that's going to add so much fun/life to the game) and the whole series can be run on a Mac (I am NOT going back to windows period. It's mac or nothing.) then I'm just waiting until 2014 to move my TS2 game folders over to an external hard drive and start playing TS4.

Not to beat a *long dead and possibly now waking zombie* horse, but I actually liked the graphics in TS3, it was the craptacular fail of not being able to build neighbourhoods, using up 6 $%^&* Gigs on my disk, only to find laggy, buggy, horrendously annoying gameplay and pudding faced-Sims, and not being able to play multiple families the way I had in TS2 that made me kick it to the curb. If they give me those pretty sunsets (in a slightly smaller application please please!) and cute base Sims with plenty of room for CC, then I'm probably going to replace TS2 completely. Not having access to half the blasted games and stuff packs is really a downer, so I'd love to upgrade to TS4.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 9:29 PM
First, how is that an insult to TS4?

Second, the looks are by character design. I am not the only one who noticed the similarity.

Because the Urbz is a 2004 console game and it's not exactly of the best graphics or even aesthetics. I've seen you say a least a few times just how much TS4 looks like the Urbz and I just don't get it and if I was a developer working on TS4, it would be kind of a slap in the face to me to hear "Yeah, the new PC game you developed looks like an old, low quality console game!" I've never played the Urbz; maybe it's fun. But looks wise? Meh.

It's not even just the graphic quality which is different; the Urbz is completely cartoony. TS4 is cartoony as well, but the girl has realistic proportions. I just fail to see any similarity at all in design, graphics, quality, or anything.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by koololdster

Me neither :-( Nor is my 13 yr old in-house girl !
Scholar
#24 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 11:40 PM
Can they stop calling sims "avatars"? They're sims. That's why the game is called The SIMS.
Alchemist
#25 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 12:29 AM
I'd also like them to quit using "avatars" when referring to sims. It just has too many online virtual world connotations (e.g. Second Life) that I'd rather not associate with a Sims game.

I really hope EA realizes that not all of us play alter ego sims to make our fantasies come true. That is just one way of playing the game. Other play styles include making multiple sims to get a neighborhood story going, simulating a self-sufficient economy (e.g. Jade Elliott's Isle of Thyme, Jessa's Acanthop), playing a family for many generations (i.e. legacy style), building houses and public locations, interior decorating, storytelling through movies and screenshots (e.g. machinima, story blogs), playing as god, playing every sim in the town/neighborhood, etc.
Page 1 of 3