Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#51 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 7:28 AM
Actually what I gathered from what was said that they have been mostly working on the new technologies so far.

Also, what we saw is not what they are currently working on. It's a sort of stable version they were READY to show us. They might have already added lots of new stuff but that's not in this version since it wasn't stable enough to release to the general public.

People can play CAS here on the show floor so they had to make sure the version works well, right ?

This game has some great potential and I truly hope it lives up to my (now rather high) expectation.

Off to Gamescom again. Talk to you guys later.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 7:37 AM
Thanks for keeping us informed crinrict.

Have they by any chance mentioned anything about genetics? Since they are showing off the CAS and such I'm suprised nothing has been said yet.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Inventor
#53 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 10:50 AM
No.

They did not talk about other age groups or genetics.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#54 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 10:59 AM
When I played with the sim in CAS there was an option to choose different colors for an outfit - you click on a dropdown and there are swatches of available colors. I looked to see if there was a plus button or something like that where you could choose an additional colorway. There was none, but that does not mean there wont be one. We can hope.

On the Waistcoat on the sim Ollie you see he has a striped waistcoat - that is a two colorway option - the swatch dropdown now has two colors rather than one. However, if you click on the "top" part of the swatch rather than the bottom part then the waistcoat will go single color.

Same for the shoes (mostly three colorways).

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Instructor
#55 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
No.

Thank you for letting me know. I bet they haven't even got any genetics in.

Oh well, I might as well go get some sleep now.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Mad Poster
#56 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 2:48 PM
What if EA decided to save the color wheel for in-game hair dying a la TS2? Then again, that would piss off those who would want their Sims to have alternative colors from the start and pass them on as genetics.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 12:17 AM
They could make you be able to choose any color, and the emotion is dependent on the one you choose...
wait? EMOTION FROM COLOR?! I think that is TOO FAR! We want customization. Not (pffff) emotions based on what color it is. that is so trivial for a reason to remove CASt, I can't even begin to explain how trivial it is (for that purpose). I could care less if my sims react to the clothes they wear. OOOOOOOH!!!!! MY SHIRT IS GREEN INSTEAD OF YELLOW! SOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!! TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLLL!!
One Minute Ninja'd
#58 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
No.

crinrict, not just for this post, but thank you for going to this ugly mutt and three legged pony show and speaking up for what simmers who are really committed to this game and franchise are looking for from 4. It's nice to know you're in there making the effort. Whether it will matter or not isn't even the issue. It's that you care enough to even make the attempt.
Eminence Grise
#59 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 3:07 AM
On age groups, I noticed on CAS screens from the show that there are buttons for five age stages; just not enabled atm.

That pretty much convinces me though that they either are or will be in.
Page 3 of 3