Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#51 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer4Lyf
It's gonna have to if they want my money.

You'll end up paying more if they save those features for expansion packs (assuming you want those features).
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 10:47 PM
When they make us pay 99 Euros (80$/55 pounds) for TS4 I'd expect them to put a lot of items in the basegame and any further EP's. Not like they do in TS3 where they put shit in the store which actually should've been included in the EP.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#53 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 12:13 AM
I miss the good old days when the Store did not exist. We got something nice from the Maxis team every Thursday on the official site. They had comic strips, free downloadable content (e.g. turkey, vending machine) and mini games.

Now it's all money and not enough honey.
Instructor
#54 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 3:40 AM
I buy base + expansions and any stuff packs which may interest me.

I never buy store content. That is where I draw the line.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
You'll end up paying more if they save those features for expansion packs (assuming you want those features).

Oh, I was agreeing with you. I was saying that if the game costs even a penny more than $57 after tax is figured in, it better have weather, pets, magic, business-running capabilities, and higher learning (college of some sort) in the base.

Ok maybe not all, but definitely one of those.
Test Subject
#56 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 6:45 AM
I do find it interesting that I've had at least two people disagreeing with me for merely bringing up the suggestion of letting people use subscriptions to test out the game. I mean, seriously; options are bad things now?
Forum Resident
#57 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 11:59 AM
Amazon here in United States is 50 for the limited edition. The deluxe edition is 80. Origin limited edition is 60. The deluxe edition is 70 on origin.
Scholar
#58 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 12:27 PM
This game isn't worth it's price
Alchemist
#59 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer4Lyf
Oh, I was agreeing with you. I was saying that if the game costs even a penny more than $57 after tax is figured in, it better have weather, pets, magic, business-running capabilities, and higher learning (college of some sort) in the base.

That's how I see it too. The price should definitely reflect the content.
Instructor
#60 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 3:42 PM
I don't understand why you guys are surprised. Games cost that much these days. And the worth of a game is usually proportional to how many hours you put into playing the game. How many hours do you put into playing Sims? Unless you only intend on playing the game for less than 40 hours the entire time that you own the game, then ok, maybe it's not worth it. I'm pretty sure most people on this site have devoted more than 80 hours playing the Sims. There's games out there cost $60 and have 10 hours of gameplay/story, and no one questions their worth.
Alchemist
#61 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aaries16
I don't understand why you guys are surprised. Games cost that much these days. And the worth of a game is usually proportional to how many hours you put into playing the game. How many hours do you put into playing Sims? Unless you only intend on playing the game for less than 40 hours the entire time that you own the game, then ok, maybe it's not worth it. I'm pretty sure most people on this site have devoted more than 80 hours playing the Sims. There's games out there cost $60 and have 10 hours of gameplay/story, and no one questions their worth.

If there's not a lot to do in the game, I doubt I'd be playing for hours.
Test Subject
#62 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 4:49 PM
I think there's a balance of length and quality to be attained.
Alchemist
#63 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
I'd say it is your average restaurant. We don't really have diners here but if you went to a burger place of sorts it'll still cost you about $20 for a main. There is no such thing as refills here either so it will cost you around $4 for a soft drink. Last time I went to have Ribs, it was $40 a plate, so calculate. :P

Probably also depends on where in Australia you live, I live in Sydney and the area I'm in is fairly expensive compared to other places. Take-away is much cheaper though, you can get lunch at around $10.

Just to give you a better idea of costs, a Big Mac meal is around $7-8 dollars from what I remember (been awhile since I've been though).

Holy crap!!!! $40 for ribs? Australia might be coming off of my bucket list
Mad Poster
#64 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 5:45 PM
Well, before I plunk down the money, I hope they live up to the promises they made to us (it won't be mod-proof and would be offline for the majority of the game) and then I'll pre-order their biggest package of goods.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#65 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aaries16

I guess it wouldn't be a surprise for gamers but the Sims is the only video PC game I have ever been interested in playing. I don't know nothing about another game, so yeah the prices I have seen for Sims 4 is shocking. I am not impressed with having the same thing from pass series for such a price and nothing game changing to make me want to pay it.

The open neighborhood and being able to visit other sims in their home was a big game changer with Sims 3, nothing like that was introduced in the other series. So even though I might have hawked about paying $10 more for it, I did want to anyway.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#66 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 6:19 PM
Some perspective for you guys: where I live, $60 for a new game would be CHEAP. The store I work at (part of a large, international game retail chain, you can probably guess which one it is) sells Sim City 2013 for approximately 84 bucks. Right now. That's considered pretty expensive, but it's what basically all new PC games cost. Looking for a new game on console instead of PC? Sure, that's $107, please. No joke. If TS4 would be 60 dollars where I live I would cry of happiness.

EDIT: And oh, on the topic: I don't care what the price is as long as the game works fine. Seriously, charge whatever you have to charge to make the game work.

Lurking daily since '05
Test Subject
Original Poster
#67 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 6:31 PM
I hope one day all the sim modders come together and create a sim game and watch EA squirm.
Alchemist
#68 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by agnes940
Some perspective for you guys: where I live, $60 for a new game would be CHEAP

It's also CHEAP to buy a McDouble for $1. But if it's missing essential ingredients (e.g. meat, cheese, pickle, etc), it's no longer a McDouble. It's just a bun. If they're going charge that much for a PC game and consider it reasonable, the quality and quantity of the content should reflect the price.

I wouldn't even pay a dollar for a McDouble that's half-cooked.
Test Subject
#69 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 6:41 PM
It's also CHEAP to buy a McDouble for $1. But if it's missing essential ingredients (e.g. meat, cheese, pickle, etc), it's no longer a McDouble.

It's just a bun.

I don't know if you misunderstood me, I totally agree with the fact that the game is overpriced if it's more expensive than what a PC game usually costs in the US, especially considering all the features that have been cut etc, I just meant games in general. We all probably agree that if game would be released in the state that it seems to be today, the price should be set accordingly (that is, less than what a new game usually is).

Lurking daily since '05
Alchemist
#70 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by agnes940
I don't know if you misunderstood me, I totally agree with the fact that the game is overpriced if it's more expensive than what a PC game usually costs in the US, especially considering all the features that have been cut etc, I just meant games in general. We all probably agree that if game would be released in the state that it seems to be today, the price should be set accordingly (that is, less than what a new game usually is).

I get that you're comparing the amount they're supposedly charging for the Sims 4 with regular PC game prices. Relatively, it may seem cheaper, but I think it's important to consider that many non-Sims games don't also have expansion packs coming out every three months to "complete" the game.
Theorist
#71 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 7:37 PM
The Sims 4 Limited Edition Physical Disc went down to 49.99 on Amazon. Not sure if this is 100% legit (legit as in the other prices will drop as well) but.. there ya go http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-4-Li...ords=The+Sims+4
Alchemist
#72 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
The Sims 4 Limited Edition Physical Disc went down to 49.99 on Amazon. Not sure if this is 100% legit (legit as in the other prices will drop as well) but.. there ya go http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-4-Li...ords=The+Sims+4

Thanks for the info.
Theorist
#73 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 7:43 PM
Thanks for the info.

Amazon is pretty good about things like this, they're ahead of most of the other price cuts. Maybe EA is re-thinking the whole 59.99 thing since my boyfriend commented last night, more and more AAA PC titles are going back down to 49.99
Mad Poster
#74 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 7:48 PM
Perhaps they didn't get as many pre-orders as they expected. I wonder if they'll make the logical conclusion that a lot of people are wary after being stung by SimCity or if they'll continue to shriek that it was a success, dammit.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 7:56 PM
With your comment Sushigal007, just how many pre-orders did they think would come from the Gamescon presentation? Does PR need to go back to school for refreshers? EA is not that trustworthy and people are wary. I hope that trend continues and EA will respect the simming community again.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3