Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
What is your problem? Please don't call other people names when you clearly do not know them. It is inappropriate, rude, and nothing short of cyber bullying.

The things you write about people stays in print online on a public forum for god knows how long, and it erodes people's credibility. If you don't agree with someone...state your opinions and move on. But don't call people "sexist"...that is a serious insult to some people, and you don't have any proof of that. GROW UP.

1. Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender.

I think his posts falls under #2.

Anyway, this is off topic so like... stop.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missy harries
You can only please some of the people some of the time

For me though it doesn't matter what a game looks like, it just helps. It's the meat of it we should be worried about.

True..but as a visual person, I want 'prettiness' in my game. This is 2013. There is no reason they can't make some nice looking stuff.
Scholar
#53 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pelouse
1. Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender.

I think his posts falls under #2.

Anyway, this is off topic so like... stop.

He was making a general statement, like a way some people would make a general statement. The name calling was inappropriate and unnecessary. Even if he was "wrong" according to some, it didn't justify the bullying.

Oh, and if people are being bullied it is everyone's responsibility to speak up for that person...doesn't matter if it was off topic or not...so like...STOP.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:06 PM
It looks a million times better than TS3, but the hair is just too plastic looking. They had better fix that. It doesn't match well with the rest of the style. And as for color, I really hope it's toned down, or they should at least have graphic settings that tone the color down slightly. Environment wise, just...no. I hope they texture this crap up.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:15 PM

Oh, and if people are being bullied it is everyone's responsibility to speak up for that person...doesn't matter if it was off topic or not...so like...STOP.

No one's bullying anyone. A few people commented on the stereotype that girls like pink and that a boy should be ashamed if he does too. It was a reaction to a statement. Absolutely not bullying.

Now, maybe YOU should stop using words (bullying in this case) you clearly have no idea of what it means.
Scholar
#56 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by denkert
No one's bullying anyone. A few people commented on the stereotype that girls like pink and that a boy should be ashamed if he does too. It was a reaction to a statement. Absolutely not bullying.

Now, maybe YOU should stop using words (bullying in this case) you clearly have no idea of what it means.

Labeling someone as a "sexist" is verbal harassment, doesn't matter if you agree with their opinions or not. Verbal harassment is a form of bullying, take a moment and reflect (maybe you will learn something).

Oh, and alt profile much?! Lmao
Field Researcher
#57 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:21 PM
Guys, this is getting out of hand. Lets talk about graphic again, please.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:26 PM
Maybe they're porting this over to the iOS devices (namely iPad and other tablets). That's why the graphics are toned down like this. And the whole push/pull and grab and drop in build/buy for touch screen users.

You don't step down unless you're planning to put it on a lesser system. The hair is an incredible step backwards and there's no textures!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:33 PM Last edited by Simmer4Lyf : 23rd Aug 2013 at 5:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sprue
let's find out

Sims 2 had better visual depth , it looked more 3Dish then Sims 4. For me that's less cartoony

sims 4 reminds me of Escape from Monkey Island

Ok, Sprue, I disagreed at first but I see now that you do have a point. Sims 4, from what we've been shown so far, does look more cartoony and less detailed (texture and depth wise) than sims 2. It's the sims of sims 2 that look more like human-shaded clay molds... which is a good thing if you're going for realism. Sims 4 looks bright and light and... cartoony, whereas, yeah, sims 2 was more of a detailed and textured 3d world with realistic matted coloring. But none of us has seen sims 4 gameplay so maybe that'll make up for the looks of the sims... Though the sims of sims 4 do seem better in the face-shaping and face-uniqueness department.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hungryhippo
Maybe they're porting this over to the iOS devices (namely iPad and other tablets). That's why the graphics are toned down like this. And the whole push/pull and grab and drop in build/buy for touch screen users.

You don't step down unless you're planning to put it on a lesser system. The hair is an incredible step backwards and there's no textures!

That was my reaction too. And you make a good point about touchscreen interfaces. But as others have mentioned, what we're seeing now is pre-alpha (or whatever) and I'm reluctant to set my expectations based on current teasers.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#61 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 4:02 PM
Yeah, yeah- I know people already said "Stop", just play along for a minute here. Hopefully this will stop any further comments, thus avoiding any drama and interrupting the graphics talk any further.

*clears throat*

1)Cyber-bullying is the use of the Internet and related technologies to harm other people, in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner.

Ok, so NO to this one.

2)Bullying is the use of force or coercion to abuse or intimidate others. The behavior can be habitual and involve an imbalance of social or physical power. It can include verbal harassment or threat, physical assault or coercion and may be directed repeatedly towards particular victims, perhaps on grounds of class, race, religion, gender, sexuality, appearance, behavior, or ability.

NO again. (Yes, verbal harassment is mentioned- read on.)

3)Verbal harassment is a type of bullying. Here the person harms the person who is more vulnerable. The bully can call names, spread rumors, or make sexual comments. Verbal harassment is a more common form of bullying.

Ok, so calling someone sexist could be/most likely is considered calling someone a name. But for that to be considered harassment, the person being called a name is going to have to be offended or otherwise negatively affected by it.

Seriously, someone used the word "sexist" in a general way. There is no cyberbullying, no bullying, no verbal harrassment going on here.

What is your problem? Please don't call other people names when you clearly do not know them. It is inappropriate, rude, and nothing short of cyber bullying.

The things you write about people stays in print online on a public forum for god knows how long, and it erodes people's credibility. If you don't agree with someone...state your opinions and move on. But don't call people "sexist"...that is a serious insult to some people, and you don't have any proof of that. GROW UP.

I'm apologizing in advance if my throwing your words back at you offends you, labellavienna. I just found it somewhat ridiculous that you would post that and then make further posts about the same thing. You disagreed with someone, stated your opinion but DID NOT move on. If you're going to post something like that, you should keep in mind that it's not a 1-way street.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 4:15 PM
Labeling someone as a "sexist" is verbal harassment, doesn't matter if you agree with their opinions or not. Verbal harassment is a form of bullying, take a moment and reflect (maybe you will learn something).

Oh, and alt profile much?! Lmao

No one labeled anyone as a sexist but commented on sexist comments, saying "Don't be a sexist" because that's exactly where it was headed. Yes, stereotypes based on genders, is a form of sexism.

I don't understand your other comment. I guess you mean that I'm someone else posting from an alternative profile, because you can't for some reason believe that there might be more than two people disagreeing with you?

Well, the answer is no. This is my only account on MTS.

Yes, this is OT and I'm sorry, but I just can't help to speak up when I see BS.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#63 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 4:33 PM
Oh PLEASE everyone let's move on before the thread gets closed

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer4Lyf
3-year-old girls find the same cartoons entertaining as 3-year-old boys. Don't be sexist.

it was only an expression, and yes maybe 3yr old girls and boys might find the same cartoon enterrtaning but an 8 yr old girl and an 8 yr old boy generaly won't watch the same type of cartoons.

Quote: Originally posted by denkert
No one labeled anyone as a sexist but commented on sexist comments, saying "Don't be a sexist" because that's exactly where it was headed. Yes, stereotypes based on genders, is a form of sexism.

I don't understand your other comment. I guess you mean that I'm someone else posting from an alternative profile, because you can't for some reason believe that there might be more than two people disagreeing with you?

Well, the answer is no. This is my only account on MTS.

Yes, this is OT and I'm sorry, but I just can't help to speak up when I see BS.

How am I sexist if i'm saying girls have different preferences then boys ?
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 4:40 PM
Because it's not true. Men and women are not that different, but it's rather social constructions and expectations thrown at us from a very early age. That's why we have this whole discussion. Your aversion against cartoonish Sims and pink should not be because you're afraid of what other boys might think, but because you personally don't like it. It has nothing to do with your gender. We all have different preferences. I'm sure there's a lot of girls that happens to agree with you and a lot of boys that happens to disagree, but it shouldn't be a factor in the equation.

And YES I should not keep this discussion going but I am so f u c k i n g sick of having to still explain this to people in the year of 2013 when it should be so damn obvious.
Instructor
#66 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 4:45 PM
So, uh, how about those TS4 graphics?

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#67 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 4:45 PM
Honestly- stop. If you really want to keep discussing the sexist comment and how/if/when/who/what/where/when/why- there are other places and ways to do it.

I really wish I had an opinion on the graphics. I can say that the game looks interesting and I'd like to try it out sometime. I can also say that TS4 interests me way more than TS3 ever did.

edited to remove a few words
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
*sigh* I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. Honestly- stop. If you really want to keep discussing the sexist comment and how/if/when/who/what/where/when/why- there are other places and ways to do it.

Alright, fine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apu_585SW18
Test Subject
#69 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sprue
that's not representative for sims 3. I can give you pictures of sims looking realistic and less cartoonised then in sims 4

It's cartoony now because its (apparently) in alpha testing. not even beta yet
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 6:39 PM

Holy overreaction, Batman! What is your problem is the better question. After each sentence of your post, I kept expecting the next one to say, 'Nah, I'm just kidding. But could you imagine?'

I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't call Sprue a name other than his own. How is telling someone not to behave badly by being sexist akin to bullying? Are you insane? You must not understand what the term "bullying" actually means. What an irrational and inappropriate accusation. And what absurd scenario are you imagining where my telling Sprue not to be sexist will erode his credibility? Are you new at life? Even if my comment to him had actually been genuinely nasty, it would only reflect on me, not him. If Sprue’s credibility is eroded, it will be because of things he’s said; that’s how credibility works.

Sprue's comment was sexist, and all I did was tell him not to be that way. I wasn't mean or rude at all. I didn't accuse him of being an outright sexist or anything. Again, all I did was tell him not to be sexist because he was in fact being sexist. Yeah, in case you were unaware, making sexist comments is sexist. Look at how rude and upset you got over a comment wherein I basically tell someone to be fair - you're the one who needs to grow up… and also to see a shrink because something is wrong with you.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Yeah, yeah- I know people already said "Stop", just play along for a minute here. Hopefully this will stop any further comments, thus avoiding any drama and interrupting the graphics talk any further.

*clears throat*

1)Cyber-bullying is the use of the Internet and related technologies to harm other people, in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner.

Ok, so NO to this one.

2)Bullying is the use of force or coercion to abuse or intimidate others. The behavior can be habitual and involve an imbalance of social or physical power. It can include verbal harassment or threat, physical assault or coercion and may be directed repeatedly towards particular victims, perhaps on grounds of class, race, religion, gender, sexuality, appearance, behavior, or ability.

NO again. (Yes, verbal harassment is mentioned- read on.)

3)Verbal harassment is a type of bullying. Here the person harms the person who is more vulnerable. The bully can call names, spread rumors, or make sexual comments. Verbal harassment is a more common form of bullying.

Ok, so calling someone sexist could be/most likely is considered calling someone a name. But for that to be considered harassment, the person being called a name is going to have to be offended or otherwise negatively affected by it.

Seriously, someone used the word "sexist" in a general way. There is no cyberbullying, no bullying, no verbal harrassment going on here.

I'm apologizing in advance if my throwing your words back at you offends you, labellavienna. I just found it somewhat ridiculous that you would post that and then make further posts about the same thing. You disagreed with someone, stated your opinion but DID NOT move on. If you're going to post something like that, you should keep in mind that it's not a 1-way street.

Sorry, I wasn't caught up in the thread before I responded to her. Show me mercy.
#72 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 6:56 PM
Sorry, I wasn't caught up in the thread before I responded to her. Show me mercy.

So why don't you simply delete your post instead of requoting the whole lot?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 6:59 PM
nvr mind....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 7:03 PM
Holy overreaction, Batman! What is your problem is the better question. After each sentence of your post, I kept expecting the next one to say, 'Nah, I'm just kidding. But could you imagine?'

I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't call Sprue a name other than his own. How is telling someone not to behave badly by being sexist akin to bullying? Are you insane? You must not understand what the term "bullying" actually means. What an irrational and inappropriate accusation. And what absurd scenario are you imagining where my telling Sprue not to be sexist will erode his credibility? Are you new at life? Even if my comment to him had actually been genuinely nasty, it would only reflect on me, not him. If Sprue’s credibility is eroded, it will be because of things he’s said; that’s how credibility works.

Sprue's comment was sexist, and all I did was tell him not to be that way. I wasn't mean or rude at all. I didn't accuse him of being an outright sexist or anything. Again, all I did was tell him not to be sexist because he was in fact being sexist. Yeah, in case you were unaware, making sexist comments is sexist. Look at how rude and upset you got over a comment wherein I basically tell someone to be fair - you're the one who needs to grow up… and also to see a shrink because something is wrong with you.

and now you are overeacting. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion and some people can relate to your views but so is she. You clearly made some rude comments which might be seen as offensive , so please discuss the idea and not the person.

As for me being called sexist or not, I could care less, I stated only what's generaly accepted . I'm not that sensitive and ussualy don't involve emotionaly on internet debates.

Now that we all discharged on this thread.. we can carry on and be on-topic
#75 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 7:05 PM
Maybe the thread wants locked after all...

Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: This thread got real dumb real fast.
Page 3 of 4