Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 7:40 AM
Default Will TS4 have nooboos.
That is all.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 7:45 AM
I like nooboos. They are like awesome!!1!!

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 7:47 AM
Probably. But what about dagdags?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 8:18 AM
Undoubtedly.

I think it'd be cool to have gerbits in the inevitable Pets EP.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 8:27 AM
Space Pony
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 9:05 AM
Ah weeboh~! Wabarub~!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 12:02 PM
Yeah, Nooboo's aren't added yet though. NOTE: Nooboo is Baby in Simlish.

Hi.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 12:20 PM
I was gonna ask this in the EXACT same wording.

We better have babies
And those babies better be cute.
Those babies better have legs.
Those babies better have optional onesies

I also think that some babies should be born bald, and some babies should have a patch of hair that gradually grows as they age on. IRL, I was born with luscious curly locks! My twin cousins were bald Eagles.

vanilla-breyers.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Benzi chibna looble bazebni gweb.

I love how the translates into absolutely nothing.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 2:35 PM
I didn't know "nooboo" meant "baby" in Simlish. It sounds like something you'd scare the baby with. Then again, babies are forever wrapped in TS3, so maybe they are hiding in those blankets out of fear. Oh, wait. Burritos can't fear, for they lack emotion. Silly me.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 2:51 PM
You think there will be social workers?

And since this game is based off emotions, getting your child should be a very traumatic event for mother/father and child.

I think the child should have memories like, "Was taken away by social worker."

I also think there should be some kind of appeal to get the kid(s) back. They shouldn't be lost into the Sims Government system forever...

Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 2:52 PM
There has to be, so EA doesn't go around looking child abusers.

"Trait: Dislikes Children."

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:03 PM
MrsBreyers, I agree completely! I remember in the other games when you get your child taken away, it even severs the ties that your Sim has with its child, as if the child had never come out of the Sim's hoohah. EA really needs to work on that. Perhaps a more logical and intelligent family tree could be a start? Maybe use dotted lines to denote that the child had formerly been under the Sim's care?
Alchemist
#14 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
MrsBreyers, I agree completely! I remember in the other games when you get your child taken away, it even severs the ties that your Sim has with its child, as if the child had never come out of the Sim's hoohah. EA really needs to work on that. Perhaps a more logical and intelligent family tree could be a start? Maybe use dotted lines to denote that the child had formerly been under the Sim's care?

Maybe the Social Services in the Sims are also a secret service that sends agents to a sim's house after the social worker takes away the baby or child. And then they plant a chip in the parents' heads to make their memory go, "POOF!"

Evil...
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:28 PM
I want the cutest babies ever in TS4. I want them to have personalities too. And they need a lot of toys and those weird rolly-chair things babies sit in with their legs sticking out of the holes and scoot across the floor. (Don't ask me what they're called, I have no idea)
Alchemist
#16 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jthm_nny
I want the cutest babies ever in TS4. I want them to have personalities too. And they need a lot of toys and those weird rolly-chair things babies sit in with their legs sticking out of the holes and scoot across the floor. (Don't ask me what they're called, I have no idea)

Walkers?
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsBreyers
I was gonna ask this in the EXACT same wording.

We better have babies
And those babies better be cute.
Those babies better have legs.
Those babies better have optional onesies

I wouldn't worry about this too much. Considering how universally loathed burrito babies have been throughout TS3's lifespan, they'd have to be downright insane to try that approach again. Even the designers of Freeplay- which I strongly believe to have originated as a testing ground for TS4 concepts- knew better than to use burrito babies, and that was an iPhone game of all things.

(Freeplay babies also had customisable outfits like any other life stage, incidentally)
Field Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jthm_nny

A lot of people think the baby stage is the most boring stage, but that's only because EA made it that way. Babies are actually pretty fun!

There should be a "pinch cheeks" interaction from relatives.

There should be those inflatable kiddie pools for toddlers.

There should be one of these things...

Some babies should be a traditional thumb suckers that will lead the sim to sometimes suck their thumb all the way to adulthood.

Same thing goes for nail biters and nose pickers.

Babies should be able to entertain themselves w/ rattles.

Field Researcher
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
I wouldn't worry about this too much. Considering how universally loathed burrito babies have been throughout TS3's lifespan, they'd have to be downright insane to try that approach again. Even the designers of Freeplay- which I strongly believe to have originated as a testing ground for TS4 concepts- knew better than to use burrito babies, and that was an iPhone game of all things.

(Freeplay babies also had customisable outfits like any other life stage, incidentally)

There's nothing wrong w/ the baby being wrapped in a blanket ON THE FIRST DAY of the babies arrival, but after the first diaper change the baby should be wearing a onesie.

Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:49 PM
Babies should be able to entertain themselves w/ rattles.

Again, this may happen if they carry over some of the new interactions from Freeplay. I know I've seen a "hand rattle to baby in crib" interaction in someone's Freeplay footage before.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Again, this may happen if they carry over some of the new interactions from Freeplay. I know I've seen a "hand rattle to baby in crib" interaction in someone's Freeplay footage before.

Oh, cool! I've played Freeplay, but only up to a certain point. I never got too far with it, because it bored me.

Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 4:32 PM
Oh, cool! I've played Freeplay, but only up to a certain point. I never got too far with it, because it bored me.

If I remember correctly, Freeplay added interactions for handing rattles to babies, leaning over their cribs to tickle them and (I think) rocking them from side to side while holding them. It also used changing tables, just as TS2 did.

(Although you can make TS3 play like TS2 in that respect if you have the Store changing table: Use Twallan's Retuner to disable the autonomous use of the base game "change diaper" interaction and make it non-selectable by the player, thus hiding it from view, rendering it unusable and forcing you to use the table to change or bathe babies and toddlers. It's what I do in my game)
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#23 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I love how the translates into absolutely nothing.
The funny thing is, according to at least one Wiki Page, (and we know how accurate they are ) this phrase can be translated as "Nothing is impossible if you believe". Now, I don't know how, exactly, they came by that translation, but I thought it was both funny, and apropos.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 6:31 PM
I would like for a broad customization for babies. Imagine being able to change their hair to at least a limited selection that would mostly contain baldness, hair fuzz, and thick patches of hair. Most babies aren't bald, EA! I think the blankets, as MrsBreyers suggested, should only appear on the day of its birth by default, perhaps when they are released from the hospital. Then, you can have the option to change them into various outfits or still keep them in blankets and use CASt for different outfit and blanket styles. This, in turn, can justify the existence of a children's store that would only sell clothes for babies, toddlers, and children, as well as relevant furniture and toys.

Okay, I'm getting way too elaborate here! It is not that serious, Frankie!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 6:58 PM
I hope that the Bouncinator and the Dangle Master will have their comeback, along with the changing tables. The animations were adorable!
Page 1 of 3