Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 5:37 PM
Default Anyone else wish Sims 4 would have this OST style return?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ml6qmBHv24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nVAg8VujGA

I feel this type of music is awesome, and I wish that type of music could come back!
It sounds so classy, yet elegant and beautiful, and classic. This kind of music was also the signature music type of The Sims prior to The Sims 3. Does anyone else hope We get more of this type of music in The Sims 4? The Sims 2 OST simply sounds amazing IMO...
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rexydallas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ml6qmBHv24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nVAg8VujGA

I feel this type of music is awesome, and I wish that type of music could come back!
It sounds so classy, yet elegant and beautiful, and classic. This kind of music was also the signature music type of The Sims prior to The Sims 3. Does anyone else hope We get more of this type of music in The Sims 4? The Sims 2 OST simply sounds amazing IMO...

Yes, please. Bossa nova, jazz, classical...bring it on!

The Sims 1 soundtrack is my favorite.
Instructor
#3 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:29 PM
I've missed the Sims 1 soundtracks so much! I'm tempted to put them into my Sims 2 game.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:34 PM
Sims 1 music yes, sims 2 no. It's too distracting. Same as ts3 music. I loved the piano stuff in TS1 it seemed to aid concentration and inspire when I was building

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#5 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:13 PM
The music from the console version of TS2 has to be my favorite. It's upbeat and kinda distracting, but that's just my personal preference.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:57 PM
I loved The Sims music, especially build/buy. So soothing.

My favorite for Sims 2 was the Night Life downtown neighborhood theme. Upbeat and exciting, but I loved the downtown neighborhood the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwCNSNIVObI

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 8:07 PM
Awww, I loved TS2 music.

The only TS1 songs I liked were build mode and buy mode tracks.

vanilla-breyers.tumblr.com
Alchemist
#8 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsBreyers
The only TS1 songs I liked were build mode and buy mode tracks.

But what about...House Party...?

"Ooogie ooogie ooh I got ooogie ooh ooh..."
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 8:14 PM
I loved the tracks from TS Superstar
Scholar
#10 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 8:16 PM
Oooh, Sims music topic!!

I have a HUGE soft spot for the TS1 music - especially Buy4 (it reminds me of my Mom [RIP], she used to shuffle around dancing to it - don't ask, lol) - and ALL the piano music in Build Mode. The Jazz music from Downtown was epic, I loved every Disco tune on the radio channel (I have the MP3s; I'm so sad), the Rock channel, and the creepy Makin Magic tunes. Plus I'm sure I'm missing some good ones...
TS2's music was great too - the R&B channel had some good tunes, and the Latin one got me dancing in my seat. I enjoyed quite a bit from TS2, but cannot remember more of them off the top of my head right now...
TS3... well, I do like Steve Jablonsky as a composer, but it overall the in-game neighbourhood/build/buy music was kinda underwhelming... though when talking about the radio stations, some of the Electronica tunes were good, and I love the Dark Wave station (I love anything gothy); the Geek Rock station is cool too...

I'm just hoping that we'll be able to create our own radio stations, like we did in TS2, so I can put some of my fave tunes from all three games into TS4 - in separate folders, and not all under one Custom folder (that annoyed the piss outta me, so I stopped used it..)

I'm talking too much, I'll stop now... :P

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 8:20 PM
I tried not to post it, but Sims 2 college rock was the bomb! At least to me, not a popular theme to post about in the past. I played the hell out of it and have the recordings in my computer. Damn Sims 3 custom music doesn't work for me, even if I installed mods to try and have a listen, so I can't play it in my Sims 3 game.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 8:39 PM
Classics :lovestruc

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 9:29 PM
the sims 1 music was the best but that's probably because i'm nostalgic. it was just this muzak that really was totally out of place in an ironic way, and therefore it fitted perfectly - because everything in sims 1 is ironic and a real parody.

the music in sims 2 and 3 is much more modern and the games are also more modern and less timeless, therefore i feel they are more dated now, because the games try to be so modern. sims 1 didn't try to be modern at all (again, it's a parody of suburban life). i really feel like sims 1 type music would be completely out of place with a game is SO commercial.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 1:07 AM
The scariest, saddest, and creepiest themes in a sims game:

Really makes you feel more emotional about the game than in later titles.
Alchemist
#15 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 1:36 AM
Sims 1 had the very best music, some of those piano pieces in build/buy were seriously beautiful...

I would love a return to this style of music.

I liked the music in Sims 2...hated The Sims 3 music ever since I first heard it, before the game released. It never grew on me. Way too ballet-like, and like Inge said, distracting.

I listen to these old songs and can't help but smile with nostalgia and appreciating how cool the compositions are. 10 years from now you'll never see me listening to any of the music that was in TS3. It's just not worth hearing. I shut it off after a couple years.

BTW I love those danger themes. They capture the mood of the events SO PERFECTLY. The first fire theme particularly.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 2:10 AM
I absolutely HATED the OST in TS3. It was so anoying. Opera music.

I want to smack the guy who composed it.
Alchemist
#17 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
I absolutely HATED the OST in TS3. It was so anoying. Opera music.

I want to smack the guy who composed it.

Now, now...let's not go smacking around Steve Jablonsky. That said, the Sims 3 soundtrack just feels a little too grand for a Sims game. It makes it seem like it's trying to be bigger than what it actually is, if that makes any sense.

The Sims 1 soundtrack was perfect for the game. It was understated, simple yet effective. At least, IMO.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 3:03 AM
I wish the original creator of The Sims would return to ea. That would be nice.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 3:13 AM
I wish the original creator of The Sims would return to ea. That would be nice.

Its a shame Lucy Bradshaw took over that roll. Oh god.
Scholar
#20 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 3:16 AM
Poor Jablonsky... layeth the smackdown...

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
#21 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 4:03 AM
Wow...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbA58yOhPH4

I almost cried , hearing this one again..
It was so emotional...
I would love something like this for TS4..
But deep in my heart I know that nothing will ever replace TS1 for me..

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Alchemist
#22 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Its a shame Lucy Bradshaw took over that roll. Oh god.

I know, right? I'd have preferred Tim Le Turneau.
Instructor
#23 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 4:09 AM
I like the music from all three games, although TS3 music gets very samey.

But that TS2 theme still brings a tear to my eye!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 4:27 AM
TS1, hands down had THE best music in the series. Buy/Build were great. The radio was catchy. The neighborhood/Create-A-Sim tunes were great. And quite a few of the expansions bought great music - I only heard a new loading loop for Livin' Large, so we'll scoot that out of the way, scoot, scoot... House Party had some great music for parties, Hot Date had wonderful jazz, Vacation had nice tropical tunes, Unleashed had amazing Zydeco, Superstar brought both some wonderful APM music and some pretty decent pop tunes. Makin' Magic in my opinion had the best music of any game in The Sims series.

The Sims 2 probably had the worst, base-game wise, don't kill me - but compared to TS1, which all around had a fantastic soundtrack, 2 is actually.. relatively underwhelming. I wasn't quite sure what theme Mothersbaugh (The guy who did Rugrats and stuff) was going for at ALL - was it supposed to be minimalism or something? It's kind of catchy, and the sole base game 'hood theme stands out, but overall it's.. eh. The expansions added some good music though, and it seems that Mark really did improve with University onwards. Not quite sure who was the main composer for the later expansions, though...

TS3 really like it was big and booming for something that was simple as The Sims - really, it's orchestrated and everything and it makes me think - really? Going to this length for a TS soundtrack? Amazing Facsimile is wonderful, and I kind of like the music everywhere else, but the choice of radio stations in the base game were absolutely subpar. Kids? What? The expansions are around the same level - my main problem was that I'm not sure if it'll AGE WELL. It seems to be going for a really modern tone, something that I'm not sure'll survive for the next 100 years.

TS1 just had great music - EA, Maxis, The Sims Studio - get someone like Jerry Martin. I beg you.

... Joshua Radin, guys? Really?
Field Researcher
#25 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 5:02 AM
The scariest, saddest, and creepiest themes in a sims game:

Really makes you feel more emotional about the game than in later titles.

Woah these tracks induce deep-seated childhood anxieties in me! :lovestruc
Page 1 of 2