Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:22 PM
I don't care, I NEVER USE CASt.

Hi.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMrs
I actually find CASt a bit too overwhelming. I have been known to take over an hour deciding on the exact pattern and colour of wallpaper for a room. I MUCH prefer decorating in the Sims 2, and I'm actually a little relieved CASt won't be in TS4. I feel like I'll be able to get on and play the game. This is just a personal preference though. Looking through the responses in this thread, I am clearly in the minority!

I can understand that. But TS3 also allowed you to download complete sims from other players, which were mainly created through CAS. This concept was brilliant imo and if this function was a little more stable and would not break the game so easily, this would have been perfect for someone who thinks CAS is a little overwhelming. That way you still would use CAS indirectly and wouldn't need to download 100 different coloured pants of the same style.
Test Subject
#28 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:24 PM
Nissun- Oh I completely agree it should be in the basegame. It's what most players clearly want, and EA should listen to that. I just don't get on well with it myself. I try just sticking to the presets, but I can't help but not be satisfied with them just because I know I could make it better. I end up wasting too much time messing around with it, which is a fault of my own and not the game.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by surfer85
they're foolish to remove it in favor of some "favorite color system".

When did they say it was "in favour of some "Favourite colour system."

Hi.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMrs
I actually find CASt a bit too overwhelming. I have been known to take over an hour deciding on the exact pattern and colour of wallpaper for a room. I MUCH prefer decorating in the Sims 2, and I'm actually a little relieved CASt won't be in TS4. I feel like I'll be able to get on and play the game. This is just a personal preference though. Looking through the responses in this thread, I am clearly in the minority!
"Relieved", why? If you find it overwhelming, you can just ignore that feature all together. There's nothing in The Sims 3 that says that you must use CASt.

Me, I agree with everyone else who's sorely disappointed that CASt will be removed. I don't actually use the feature that often, but whenever I do decide to create a sim based on real people in the game it is absolutely invaluable. Together with the open world it is the most important addition to TS3.
Alchemist
#31 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:30 PM
Well the good news for me is EA fixed Madden this year and GTA 5 is around the corner, oh and I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:30 PM
This is a step backwards. Screw emotions and "favorite" colors! Can we just have what we want? We play it. We pay it.
Wait...
You know what? We are the fools here. Because We supported them all along. We don't inspire them! Our money do. I we all stopped pre-ordering the riduculusly expensive, lame and possibly boring Sims 4. They would drop the prices, create Create-A-Style, and get to work. Now I understand why so many people don't like Sims 3 and prefer Sims 2.

Welcome to a "new" Era everybody!
The Era of Sims 4.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nick-the-Greek
Welcome to a "new" Era everybody!
The Era of Sims 4.

This is the best thing ever said.

Hi.
Test Subject
#34 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:56 PM
I love Cast, and I hate playing the sims 2 without it. I love the fact that all my rooms match and have the same wood, color ext. I loved it for clothes and almost every aspect of the game. To me, if it's not in the sims 4 than the game would not feel complete.
Alchemist
#35 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 3:08 PM
No PAW, no CASt...sorry, EA.

No cash.

Find someone else to rip off.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#36 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 3:14 PM
I'm quite happy about this, actually. As a TS2 player, there are only two things I really miss from TS3 - part-time jobs (which I would have finished making for TS2 by now if I hadn't picked such a ludicrously complex career reward to make) and CASt. If TS4 doesn't have CASt, then I don't foresee wishing I had the money to buy it .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
#37 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Well, if it's not included in basegame then it's safe to believe that it will never be included in the game later on. They will need to rework all textures to make them compatible with CAST and EA doesn't do that. Look at TS3, they never included businesses because they didn't design the game to have them.

While a slim possibility, it could be that internally, the textures are set up similarly to TS3 where there is a B&W base and RGB masks. If they've gone back to the TS2 way of a separate colored texture for each preset, then I agree that means CASt is dead and never coming back. However, if they're applying color presets over a B&W base mesh, then at least from a technical standpoint, CASt could come back.

I personally think it was a stupid, stupid move to get rid of CASt in favor of color influencing emotions. That is, assuming that's the reason. I don't know about most people, but color has very little influence on my mood and emotions. Sure, I may feel different emotions when really analyzing the colors in a sculpture or artwork, but not from just random crap in a room. My mood doesn't change when I go from my white walled computer room to the beige-walled bathroom. My mood isn't any different when I'm wearing a blue shirt vs green. If bringing back CASt means they have to dump color's influence on sims emotions, then I say they should do it. I don't even remember in any Sims game wishlist where anyone said, "I wish the color of random crap affected sim's emotions."

Resident wet blanket.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 3:29 PM
Don't worry y'all; CASt will be sold separately in the Store for the low, low price of $20!!!!!!!!!!11!11!1!!

On a serious note: Huh?

During the campaigning of TS3, they were raving over how CASt was so revolutionary and made things simpler. Now they take it away. :I Admittedly, it was overwhelming and time-consuming at times but a necessary (at least for me) function of the game. No more being stuck with pre-made colors. No more quadrillion recolors. How can they toot how customizable TS4 is when they take away the main feature to customize?

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Field Researcher
#39 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
While a slim possibility, it could be that internally, the textures are set up similarly to TS3 where there is a B&W base and RGB masks. If they've gone back to the TS2 way of a separate colored texture for each preset, then I agree that means CASt is dead and never coming back. However, if they're applying color presets over a B&W base mesh, then at least from a technical standpoint, CASt could come back.

I personally think it was a stupid, stupid move to get rid of CASt in favor of color influencing emotions. That is, assuming that's the reason. I don't know about most people, but color has very little influence on my mood and emotions. Sure, I may feel different emotions when really analyzing the colors in a sculpture or artwork, but not from just random crap in a room. My mood doesn't change when I go from my white walled computer room to the beige-walled bathroom. My mood isn't any different when I'm wearing a blue shirt vs green. If bringing back CASt means they have to dump color's influence on sims emotions, then I say they should do it. I don't even remember in any Sims game wishlist where anyone said, "I wish the color of random crap affected sim's emotions."

Colors affect a room/how we feel/invoke certain things in us, but not the way EA is painting it and there's reasoning behind all of it, but not the shit EA is pulling. We're more likely to be drawn to colors BECAUSE of our mood, in most cases, but being in a certain atmosphere can make a difference. Like, certain colors are visually appealing and can make you hungry which is why a lot of restaurants use them (reds/yellows/oranges). But, like, walking into a blue room isn't going to bring up certain feelings -- but you're more likely to be drawn to, say, dark blue when you're depressed or bright colors when you're in a good mood.

Not... what EA is promoting. It's so dumb and simplifies it too much.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Theorist
#40 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nissun
Whenever a terrible thing about the Sims 4 is revealed, I smile a little inside. I know it's a childish reaction, but goddammit, just let me have my dreams of seeing them crash and burn because of their utter stupidity.

You are not alone. I will join you in this 'childish reaction', as I have been waiting for EA's collapse since abandoning the Sims 3 (and no longer purchasing any other games/content distributed by EA) in 2011. If they truly valued their consumer base, I'd feel differently. However, they don't, and never really will.

So for now, I'm finding it quite entertaining seeing them piss people off...so early on.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 3:35 PM
EA, I know you are reading this thread, so you'll know the fans' reaction and opinion on this madness.
Got to hell EA, just go to hell and leave us alone!
That's it! I've had enought. They play all these little games, that we have to guess, and expect, and wish. Well, that's IT! If EA want's to say something, let them say it!
They should say the reason! They should tell us NOW! RIGHT NOW!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 3:40 PM

I still don't see how CAST would affect the emotions due to colours. I would think they would define a colour as a hex code not as a specific texture or object. Anyway, I am sick of all these sublte influences on the sims that don't do too much on the overall mood of the sims.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#43 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 3:43 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 29th Aug 2013 at 4:07 PM.
Well, huh. That's cool, EA, I guess you didn't want my money after all then? Cos I already have a huge, expansive game with CASt and pretty alpha hairs and a bunch of sliders and moodlets and weather and pets and all that. I know some curmudgeon says this every time a new incarnation comes around... but honestly, I'm not going to go and switch to a whole new game unless it has some significant improvement over the previous one. For TS4 we have... uh, clay-like not-sliders. And curbs? And colour-moods? And a serious lack of detail? And no CASt? And body shaming? And quite possibly always-online-ish-ness like SC5?

Damn. I feel like I might as well not even bother.

ETA: If they wanted to do colour moods, why not let the player define the colour, and the mood? So say you like RGB 175.125.225 (a nice kinda brightish sort of lilac purpley colour) and you think that colour makes your sim feel Tranquil. Within a variance of...25 points for each value (so you could do 200.125.225 - a different sort of purpley, but still similarly purpley) it would decide any variations were the same colour, so you could decorate a room with whatever preset colours you wanted, from the EA palette and your own. Whatever colour(s) dominate would affect your sim's mood a bit - but really, only a bit (like the Well Decorated moodlets - a bit of a boost but nothing crazy), because damn, I don't want to have to decorate every house in green because it's the "best" colour moodlet-wise or whatever.

ETA2: No wait, even better than that! When making a sim, just do this:

Use a little draggable pie menu to let us define the ranges that sim should feel for particular colours, and then let us CASt to our heart's content. Unless a colour is wildly dominant in a room/outfit, it shouldn't have any affect on sims' moods, and it would be fun to customize it so sims have different tastes - maybe one sim hates pretty much everything but blue, which makes them cheerful, while their spouse finds blue depressing and really does best in orange.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 3:49 PM
This one of the best features in sims 3, I am not surprised that EA did not include it though as it seems they do not care about the fans.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Theorist
#45 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I still don't see how CAST would affect the emotions due to colours. I would think they would define a colour as a hex code not as a specific texture or object. Anyway, I am sick of all these sublte influences on the sims that don't do too much on the overall mood of the sims.

I'd think they'd do it that way too. Hex codes for specific colors and anything within a certain margin would equate to that color. I don't know the how or why behind CASt being gone, just that many people seem to be hypothesizing the reason is due to color affecting their mood so I just went with that.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#46 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 4:02 PM

I guess this differs for many people. I do get influenced by colours and my environment. Maybe not to an extreme but I do get effected. A good example of this is, I have a friend who lives in a very modern house decorated in mostly white with few black accents. Anytime I go visit her I feel like I'm in a clinic and a nurse or doctor is going to walk through the door at any moment. While most people might love the way her house looks I wouldn't want to live there. I'm more of a homey and neutral colours person.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how much of an impact this actually has.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Theorist
#47 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
I guess this differs for many people. I do get influenced by colours and my environment. Maybe not to an extreme but I do get effected. A good example of this is, I have a friend who lives in a very modern house decorated in mostly white with few black accents. Anytime I go visit her I feel like I'm in a clinic and a nurse or doctor is going to walk through the door at any moment. While most people might love the way her house looks I wouldn't want to live there. I'm more of a homey and neutral colours person.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how much of an impact this actually has.

Yeah, that's a good point. Sometimes I forget what a weirdo I am.
I am a HUGE fan of ultra-modern homes and I do prefer everything be black & white with just a few color items to add contrast. The average person would consider my taste to be cold and sterile. When given a color choice, I always prefer black. Black cars, black cell phone, black furniture, black electronics, black clothing, black everything. I don't feel like color affects my mood, nor has my mood drawn me towards a color, because I always pick black regardless of my mood. I guess that's not normal.

Resident wet blanket.
Inventor
#48 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 4:30 PM Last edited by crinrict : 29th Aug 2013 at 5:02 PM.
While I don't wanna say that they'll reconsider I do wanna say that this interview was conducted last Wednesday or Thursday. A lot has happened since and on Friday the answer to the CASt question was: We heard you.

Ruthless said in this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/710283.page that they had told her that it's been taken to the higher-ups.

Just take that into consideration. There's still hope and we shall see when the game is out. Maybe they'll stick to it, maybe they don't.

So what I want to say is: While there is a - maybe strong - possibility that there won't be a CASt, it's not confirmed.
One Minute Ninja'd
#49 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 4:34 PM
I am a HUGE fan of ultra-modern homes and I do prefer everything be black & white with just a few color items to add contrast. The average person would consider my taste to be cold and sterile. When given a color choice, I always prefer black. Black cars, black cell phone, black furniture, black electronics, black clothing, black everything. I don't feel like color affects my mood, nor has my mood drawn me towards a color, because I always pick black regardless of my mood. I guess that's not normal.

But it makes color coordinating first thing in the morning after tying one on the night before far easier.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#50 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 5:01 PM
Maybe you're affected by colours more than you think and that's why you choose black - in order to avoid them.
Page 2 of 30