Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#26 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 10:44 PM
Yeah, I typed in "Anastasia", here, and I choose the first one. I saw that the mesh needed for the blue ribbon dress, is in sims2fashion.de, but it doesn't say a particular mesh. It just gives the website. Check it out for yourself.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
Yeah, I typed in "Anastasia", here, and I choose the first one. I saw that the mesh needed for the blue ribbon dress, is in sims2fashion.de, but it doesn't say a particular mesh. It just gives the website. Check it out for yourself.

The mesh you want is http://files.sims2graveyard.com/bie...dress150206.rar. (Thanks Jo for saying to look under Biene!)

David, the creator (alexasrosa) here on MTS did actually give the filename of the mesh required (without the extension). See MESH_biene_veildress150206.

Now you can't say we're not good to you!
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 11:47 PM
wait, so it was the same mesh for the blue evening gown? Thanks!!!
Mad Poster
#29 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 12:16 AM
wait, so it was the same mesh for the blue evening gown? Thanks!!!

Ah it's the yellow one. I may not have helped you as much as I thought. There are a couple of links on the Files page to the sims2-fashion.de site (contentid=528 and contentid=651). These links aren't working just now. But if you go to the sims2-fashion.de home page, it says "Wegen Wartungsarbeiten geschlossen". That's German for "Closed for Maintenance", so lets hope it reopens. You should be able to use at least some of her outfits meantime.

Best of Luck!
Inventor
Original Poster
#30 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 6:08 PM Last edited by David Poston : 5th Sep 2013 at 6:43 PM.
Wait, I've got it! The one I want is the first tone that says: af_AnastasiaYellowBlueRibbon MESH "WideGown" www.2-f0r-u.de (pag2). That's the mesh I need, but the problem is now what do I do with this website? Cause I need help. I tried other websites, like pronipsims or something like that, And I can't get the mesh there either. Every website with it is dead!

Hold on. Sorry. Do you think this is possibly the mesh I need? I found it at the sims 2 graveyard): 2foru_chrikoWideGown021305...
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 3:02 PM
Hold on. Sorry. Do you think this is possibly the mesh I need? I found it at the sims 2 graveyard): 2foru_chrikoWideGown021305...

Could be. Download it, open up your game and see if the dress shows up. Experimentation is the heart of discovery.
Inventor
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 6:28 PM
Yes, yes, YES!. It worked! I downloaded the veildress mesh, and the chikro mesh, and got both outfits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#33 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 6:12 PM Last edited by David Poston : 13th Sep 2013 at 6:36 PM.
Hey guys I really need help. I am going to be using my computer now to play sims. Is it possible, that I can transfer, my game, from to this computer, re-install them, save all of my downloads in the folder to a disk, put them on here, and resume playing? Is there any way, I can use this computer, with having all of my creations, sims, c.c, etc, and continue to play as if nothing happened? I REALLY need suggestions! I know this may be off topic, but I really must know. I would be so upset, If I found out I couldn't while re-installing the games!
Scholar
#34 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 6:35 PM
I don't know what your op is but, yes it is possible. Ive transferred my game from one computer to another. Install the games onto the computer you will be using. Do not uninstall them from the other computer yet. Do you have a sizable flash drive? I found it easier to use than a disc for this. On the previous computer transfer/copy the sims2 folder onto the drive. On the computer you'll be using, delete the sims2 folder that appears after installing. Take the folder from the flash & transfer to the new ea folder. I have windows7, this worked for me
Mad Poster
#35 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 6:39 PM
What you need to do is install the game on the computer you will now be using.
Then, delete the neighborhoods in the my documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Neighborhoods folder, or equivalent path for your computer. Or move them somewhere else, like your desktop, if you expect to want them. (Why you would, when the neighborhoods as shipped are buggy as all getout . . .) If you are using 7 or 8 on the new computer, search out the threads about those OS BEFORE you start.
Then, copy your neighborhoods you currently play from your old computer to your Neighborhoods folder on the new computer. Then, copy your downloads. Then think about any downloads you might have that require other steps--CEP, any lighting mods, any mods that required modifications to your game files, and reinstall those.
Then try your game.
If you're satisfied, and everything works right, then you can delete the stuff off the old computer.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#36 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 7:58 PM
I would also suggest that you also copy the SavedSims, Projects, Movies and LotCatalog folders from the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder on the old computer to the equivalent location on the new one, and there are other locations in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 that may contain files you would want to keep. If you have created a Userstartup.cheat file, it will be in the Config folder, and I think any custom collections will be in the Collections folder. Someone (I think it was Maxon or Simmer 22) posted a fairly comprehensive list of what you should and shouldn't copy somewhere in this forum about 3 or 4 months ago, but I cannot remember the name of the thread.

Personally I would strongly recommend that you make a copy of the whole My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder from the old computer before deleting it. Then, if you subsequently realise you've missed something, you've still got a copy. I backup my My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder to DVD about once a week.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific but I'm fairly new to this game, and have not yet had to move things between computers.
Inventor
Original Poster
#37 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 7:57 PM
has anyone heard of the ninthwavesims, or plumbobkeepsims2? Those websites have a lot of excellent of downloads! Plumbobkeepsims2, has mostly conversions from the sims medieval to the sims 2: Everything from dinning chairs, to sculptures and swords, to tredonian noble objects! I got a conversion of the sims 3 palace of Versailles set for the sims 2 at theninthwavesims!
Inventor
Original Poster
#38 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 7:33 PM
HELP! I was building an apartment. I went to the neighbourhood screen. I was NOT finished with making the apartment. When I re-entered the lot, I couldn't build any more walls, or place windows. Is there like a way, I can reset it, then make the lot an apartment when I'm done?
Mad Poster
#39 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 8:00 PM
If you bring up the cheat box, you have to type in: 'changelotzoning residential' in the box, then hit enter, and save the lot. Exit the lot back to the neighborhood, and then go back into the lot.

That should reset it to a residence and you can resume building it. It's a good idea to have copies of any potential apartment in the lot bin as a residence, first. That way you can change it whenever you like and then save it as an apartment.
Inventor
Original Poster
#40 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 11:10 PM
I am VERY upset. I was able to reset the lot. So I spent, over an hour, working on it. I was now furnished. The last time I saved it, it had no furnishings. So there I was, adding a pool now. I had finished the main building, and I saw "the application has crashed. It will now terminate". I am furious because I know, there's nothing I can do about my hard work. Will this likely happen again? What are the chances? If so, Will it even be worth transferring the data to my computer?
Mad Poster
#41 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 12:07 AM
Commiserations David! What else can I say? Losing hours of work in a crash is very frustrating in any computer application. It doesn't just happen in the Sims. When it happens to me I become paranoid about regular saving for a while, but when everything goes well for a while, I become complacent again -- until my next crash!

Not having Apartment Life myself I'm very limited in the help I can offer, but I think FranH's advice is right: Build the lot as residential and keep saving it as you go along. Only save it as an apartment when it's finished. And before you do so, save a copy (as residential) to the lots bin. That way you should never lose hours of building.

But I've saved a building and gone to the Neighbourhood View and only seen a blue square where it used to be. A blue square that I couldn't open, or even bulldoze! (Eventually I deleted the lot's package file in Windows Explorer.)

So, try again, and good luck!
Inventor
Original Poster
#42 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 6:27 PM
So, I was playing my game well. Until Sunday, the game with all of the c.c, has NEVER crashed. Not ONCE! But I downloaded a sims 3 conversion, on theninthwavesims, Called "the gothic library", and it required ALL expansions. What is the likelihood that that download, was the cause of the crash?
Mad Poster
#43 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 11:34 PM
What is the likelihood that that download, was the cause of the crash?

You can't really tell from a single crash. There is I believe always a cause of a computer program crashing, but in practice so many things are going on at once that it is usually impossible, certainly for an ordinary user, to tell what actually caused it. The Sims 2 is a phenomenally complex computer application, and then most of us add lots of mods to it. In the circumstances I think it remarkable that the game runs as well as it does! I would tend to regard a single isolated crash as just bad luck. If the game starts crashing regularly after a download, then I would suspect it. In that case I'd back up the game and try playing with the suspect download removed. If it stops crashing then you've got your answer! If it doesn't then you have to resort to the procedures described in the help section here.

The main things that computer crashes teach me are to save frequently and back up regularly! Unfortunately you can't save in The Sims 2 when visiting a community lot, but I try to save frequently when playing home lots. The main things I avoid then are saving when a Sim is on the 'phone, or a Sim is playing with the radio-controlled toy car.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#44 Old 18th Sep 2013 at 12:09 AM
My game crashed yesterday. I placed a beach lot went to load it and boom. Beach lots are so picky I was surprised it even placed. I just hope if I bulldoze it, that it won't crash again. If I had a new download and nothing else was going on at the time of the crash then yes I would remove that download.

If you are building or even playing, please do save often. If you only save once an hour then you risk losing an hours play every time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#45 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 7:00 PM Last edited by David Poston : 20th Sep 2013 at 8:08 PM.
I have a question. Does anyone play the sims medieval Pirates and Nobles? Because I heard there's a new section that get's added on to the castle called the chancellor's office or something like that. Could somebody tell me if it's like refurnishable, or what quest it comes with? Also, I know you have to activate testingcheatsenabled, in a different way, but is that the same way, if you downloaded the sims medieval?
Scholar
#46 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 8:30 PM
David, Sims Medieval is a sims3 shoot off. There is a forum dedicated to it here, maybe have a look thru there.
Inventor
Original Poster
#47 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 8:38 PM
Thanks. Hey, I opened my documents folder, the sims 2 double deluxe music. I downloaded a song for free that was mp3. I did save as, so I went to the sims 2 double deluxe music, and saved it there, under CAS. I renamed the song. When I opened the game, I did not see anything in custom music. What did I do wrong?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#48 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 10:08 PM
Thanks. Hey, I opened my documents folder, the sims 2 double deluxe music. I downloaded a song for free that was mp3. I did save as, so I went to the sims 2 double deluxe music, and saved it there, under CAS. I renamed the song. When I opened the game, I did not see anything in custom music. What did I do wrong?

How big is the file? Also, if you put it under CAS, that's where you should hear it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
Original Poster
#49 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 10:32 PM
Don't know. All I know is that it didn't show up, and it was downloaded from mp3.class, and then my search engine was changed from google, to nattly.com which I do NOT want.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 11:43 PM
Where did all this start? I feel like I'm reading David's personal rant/help request forum?

Anyway, if Google's changed to a different search engine, you've probably given it permission to or you need to be a lot more critical about where you get your downloads from.

Any site that offers you mp3s or similar for free will be making their money elsewhere, usually from not-so-hidden and hidden advertisement. Like changing your default search engine.

Welcome to the interwbz. Use caution and carry a big gun!

Hi, I'm Camilla, and I'm a Sims 2 addict!
Page 2 of 3