Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 1:02 AM
#lolExpectations.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 3:45 PM
So, like... where do I start?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#28 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 7:08 PM
Go with the buy mode, I guess it's the most obvious.))

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Test Subject
#29 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 8:20 AM
On one hand, I don't really care which objects are in the base game as long as it feels complete. On the other hand, leaving out basic crap like hot tubs, pools, etc. is kinda ridiculous and I hope EA doesn't do something stupid like that.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Inspired by another thread, I was wondering how everyone felt about content that appeared previously in the base game of one incarnation becoming EP-only in later incarnations of the Sims. An example would be the hot tub, which appeared in the base games of both the Sims 1 and the Sims 2. It wasn't included in the base game of the Sims 3 but returned with the Late Night EP. The piano also suffered the same fate.

Some features don't even return (e.g. gardener, one-sided relationships, genetics).

Besides CASt, which has its own thread, does this worry you about what could potentially be left out of the Sims 4? Should base game content in previous games appear as base game content in later games? How do you feel about items that become EP-only (e.g. piano)?

This is the sad truth. My brother made an observational joke about the priority shift of the creators between sims 2 and sims 3 that made me laugh a bunch and that I thought was dead-on. He basically said something like, "Brainstorming for the sims 2 went like, 'Oh, and you know what would be a cool idea, Jen? We could make this whole mystery plot about Bella disappearing and the fans will have to try and find the real Bella.' 'Oh, that sounds awesome, Mark.' Whereas brainstorming for the sims 3 went more like, 'Oh, you know what'd be a cool idea, Ted? We could just leave out a lot of these outfits and furniture and make the fans pay extra for them in the store.' 'Wow, good idea, George!'" It's a shame.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#31 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer4Lyf
This is the sad truth. My brother made an observational joke about the priority shift of the creators between sims 2 and sims 3 that made me laugh a bunch and that I thought was dead-on. He basically said something like, "Brainstorming for the sims 2 went like, 'Oh, and you know what would be a cool idea, Jen? We could make this whole mystery plot about Bella disappearing and the fans will have to try and find the real Bella.' 'Oh, that sounds awesome, Mark.' Whereas brainstorming for the sims 3 went more like, 'Oh, you know what'd be a cool idea, Ted? We could just leave out a lot of these outfits and furniture and make the fans pay extra for them in the store.' 'Wow, good idea, George!'" It's a shame.

It kind of does feel that way, doesn't it?

With the Sims 1 we didn't even have stuff packs. There was free content every Thursday on the official site and expansion packs were fleshed out. The Sims 2 didn't have buyable neighborhoods. Any neighborhood made by EA came with EPs and were not sold separately.

With the Sims 3 they seem to be trying to sell everything they possibly can. Stuff packs, expansion packs, Store sets, Store worlds. Even items that should have been included in the base game and expansion packs are being sold separately.
Page 2 of 2