Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 5:01 PM
Default Please make supernaturals more intimidating.
Not really a fan of the cuddly factor of all supernaturals in sims 3. Seemingly vampires need to be friends with someone to be able to bite them, wherewolves are harmless puppies, zombies are after plants, ghosts cant scare sims to death anymore as far as I am aware, and mummies are rarely able to actually curse a sim.

Sims supernatural expansion was a good idea by the way, to have a lot of this at once. I'd actually encourage them to not have vampires or such in other expansions, but keep all the "horror" creatures in a single expansion. Still leaves room for aliens, robots, plant sims and such to be added in other expansions. This horror expansion could have a slightly higher age rating if need be if its deemed a bit scary.

Anyways, here's what I propose for the various supernatural states we've seen in the sims 3.

-Vampires.
Sunlight should actually be a problem for them, they should burn to ash if they stay too long outside. this happened in sims2. Shouldnt need permission to bite other sims, they could offer to turn friends, but they should also be able to bite sims they hate.
Generally they should also sleep during days and be awake at nights, they shouldnt change to nightwear when sleeping in a coffin, their aging should stop since they are undead, and they should be unable to conceive children since they are undead.
Since using a stake to kill vampires might be a bit brutal for a sims game, I do propose some sort of relic being able to kill them, not a crucifix since that would put religion into the game, but another relic. Sims could wear it in their inventory to keep themselves safe.
Putting it in the vampire's inventory could turn them to ash.

-Wherewolf.
When a sim turns into a wherewolf, they shouldnt be controllable. the inner beast is out. Controll could be gained through various means, but it shouldnt be easy. It could be a goal for these cursed sims to achieve, if not a cure.
As a wherewolf, they could prowl around through the forests and bushes, avoiding busy streets. They might bite lone sims going for an evening walk. They might also fight with many sims they encounter.
Once they learn to controll themselves, they wont attack friends anymore but might still be easily angered.

-Zombie.
I'd like to see zombies as something very different. A failed lab experiment or attempt to bring a sim back to life could result in a zombie sim.
It should not be easy to get a zombie sim in your neighbourhood, and it should be easily avoided. Personly I just feel that if they are going to include zombies, they should go for an entire outbreak where sims try to stay alive.
Zombie sims should be busy turning others into zombies as well, trying to turn every sim they see. Not eating them since thats too gruesome, just turning them.
Like wherewolves, their mind wouldnt be their own. They'd just wander around and try to turn the town.
Through various skills, the zombie plague could be cured. Sims with high logic could create two kinds of cures: one that instantly kills all zombies, and one that cures all zombies and turns them all into living sims.
Aside from that, lesser countermeasures could also be taken. Such as individual cures for single zombies, protections that prevents zombies from biting specific sims, etc.

-Ghost.
Ghosts should be able to scare sims to death once more, they shouldnt appear from graves by defealt though. There should be a reason why they appear. If they died while their mood was positive, they could rest at peace. If sims died with negative mood, they could come back as ghosts. By getting to know the ghost, living sims could help the ghost find peace, or make them part of the household.

-Mummy.
Mummies should be more threatening. Any sim that opens their sarcophagus should be cursed. This curse shouldnt turn them into mummies however, but it could have all kinds of random negative effects that will stay with them untill the cure is found.
Shouldnt be more than one curse effect applied to any sim, curse effects could be: rapid aging, permanently red hygiene bar that cant be restored, a sim being put to eternal sleep with motives frozen as they still age, hair turning white, etc.
The way sims can become a mummy should be different. It should be possible to place a tombstone/urn into a sarchophagus, representing a sim being mummified after death.
A special amulet or such could be created/found/rewarded in some way that can get a mummy into your household.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 5:44 PM
I think its too early to talk about supernaturals right now. We haven't even known much about the base gameplay. Also I doubt there will be those occults in the base game, most likely a (somewhat late) EP. Besides, there are many other way more important aspects of Sims 4 to worry about right now, so how occults are implemented in Sims4 is my least concern at this time.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 6:37 PM
Ah come on, taoyingyang.

I think it's awesome to start talking about various game concepts and ideas for future EPs. I don't understand why we should limit our creativity just because Sims 4 is (supposedly) in its early stages?

If you don't have anything to add except that you think it's unnecessary to talk about right now, feel free to not post in this thread.

Don't have much faith in The Sims franchise anymore but am naïve enough to think that someday, my plumbbob will turn green again.

Been playing since 2000
Ex-Moderator of Swedish Official site: TheSims.se (closed in 2011)
Admin of Sims UnCut

Follow: twitter.com/denkert
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 6:40 PM
I love the idea of nastier supernaturals. I was extremely bored with the SN EP, it was another example of a badly implemented expansion to ts3. I also think that all supernatural stuff should be in one EP so they could really develop that in a more advanced way.

Don't have much faith in The Sims franchise anymore but am naïve enough to think that someday, my plumbbob will turn green again.

Been playing since 2000
Admin of Sims UnCut

Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 6:47 PM
I like the idea of uncontrollable werewolves and zombies! Also yes, vampires should die in sunlight and ghosts should scare sims. That's not a thing in TS3? Boo.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#6 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 6:56 PM Last edited by ButchSims : 4th Sep 2013 at 8:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by denkert
Ah come on, taoyingyang.

I think it's awesome to start talking about various game concepts and ideas for future EPs. I don't understand why we should limit our creativity just because Sims 4 is (supposedly) in its early stages?

If you don't have anything to add except that you think it's unnecessary to talk about right now, feel free to not post in this thread.
The OP posted their Opinion. taoyingyang replied with their opinion. If all people wanted was everyone agreeing with everyone, that's what the official forums are for.

It really IS too early to start worrying about Occults, since we don't even know yet how the basic game features will work, much less the special features. I'm all for more interesting Supernaturals. But the way the game looks so far, it seems everything is being "streamlined" *cough dumbed down cough* so I doubt the ideas from the OP, while cool, will be implemented.

Off topic-ish: I am getting so very tired of seeing people being treated badly for simply expressing their opinions here. The header for the threads says "Sims 4 DISCUSSION" so different opinions can be represented. If you don't have anything to add except that people shouldn't post their opinions, feel free not to post in ANY thread.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I like the idea of uncontrollable werewolves and zombies! Also yes, vampires should die in sunlight and ghosts should scare sims. That's not a thing in TS3? Boo.
Ghosts can scare Sims in TS3, but I think the vampires not dying in the sun is partly due to MetaAutonomy (not StoryProgression) that governs inactive Sims in the open world. It has never taken the life state of Sims into account and so sent vampires out into the open during the day just like any other Sim.
#8 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 7:13 PM Last edited by babele44 : 5th Sep 2013 at 12:59 PM.
1+1=2
2+2=4

|
V
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 7:27 PM
I think it's a fabulous idea to have scarier, more intimidating supernaturals. Which is why EA will never do it.
Alchemist
#10 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 7:31 PM
How about we just leave them out altogether? Yeah I'll prepare for all my disagrees
#11 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
How about we just leave them out altogether? Yeah I'll prepare for all my disagrees
Even though I play almost only supernaturals I agree. Didn't miss them in 1, wouldn't miss them in 4.
Scholar
#12 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 8:39 PM Last edited by TigerAnne : 4th Sep 2013 at 9:08 PM.
I want a chupacabra! And a Jersey devil. Oh, and the Flatwoods monster! :D

The Chupa could hypnotize Sims with its ominous red eyes, making them a little loopy for a while. If lucky they would only throw up and get a little traumatized, but there could be a chance (ca 2-5%) of them dying of fear. That way it could pose an actual threat, without adding real violence to the game. It could steal away chickens.

The Jersey Devil (Which should probably be called something Sim-world related instead.) should be really frightening, and not remotely cute and cuddly. To keep it scary, it would be best if it only showed up relatively rarely, but the consequences of encountering it would be serious. Risk of death by fear should be relatively high (10%?), and Sims who experienced a sighting could for exemple be scared of going out after dark before they had talked to the shrink. There should also be ways of warding it off, so Sims could enjoy a safe camping trip in the forest.

I've always thought it would be fun to have both friendly and dangerous aliens in the game, preferrably with them being different species. Since the Flatwoods monster is generally believed to have been an alien (If you believe in it at all...), it could make a good "bad" extraterrestrial visitor. Coming too close would upset it, causing it to zap your Sim, depleting motives.

I'd like to see the return of the Unicorns, though.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 8:55 PM
I don't play any of the other supernaturals other than the witches and the faeries. I don't like in Sims 3 to become a witch you have to be created as one of drink an elixir. I would like it better if there was a special hidden trait to make your sim have more ease in becoming one through practicing the art, reading, and going to Antiquity place for more knowledge. Also that trait could be passed to the offspring and if they desire to go that route, it is easier for them to adapt. I believe becoming a witch should have practice and not a label.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
The OP posted their Opinion. taoyingyang replied with their opinion. If all people wanted was everyone agreeing with everyone, that's what the official forums are for.

Off topic-ish: I am getting so very tired of seeing people being treated badly for simply expressing their opinions here. The header for the threads says "Sims 4 DISCUSSION" so different opinions can be represented. If you don't have anything to add except that people shouldn't post their opinions, feel free not to post in ANY thread.

Uhm.
OP Posted their opinion. Taoyingyang replied with their opinion. I replied with my opinion.
I never said "If you don't agree, don't post" but wanted to express that saying "There's no reason to have this discussion yet" is not really necessary, and not really an opinion but rather a way of putting a stop to a discussion. Which I disagreed with.

You said: "The header for the threads says "Sims 4 DISCUSSION" so different opinions can be represented"

Exactly. Except mine?

Been playing since 2000
Admin of Sims UnCut

Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TigerAnne
I want a chupacabra! And a Jersey devil. Oh, and the Flatwoods monster! :D

How about a Loch Ness Monster?
Scholar
#16 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
How about a Loch Ness Monster?

Yes, of course! How could I forget that? Imagine a big, green head suddenly popping up next to your Sim's boat. :p
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 2:01 AM
Oh my God that would be terrifying. Deep sea creatures freak me out.
One Minute Ninja'd
#18 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dramamine

So, how are you liking those Kraken?
Instructor
#19 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dramamine

I guess you and Cthulu wouldn't get along.

The art direction of the Sims 4 kinda tells us that they are going less realistic on almost everything, except emotions... Facial expressions, body movements, art style, environment are all more cartoonish than the Sims 3. Would they really make supernaturals more scary or threatening than they were in Sims 3?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 3:17 AM Last edited by Dramamine : 5th Sep 2013 at 3:28 AM.
No no no, none for me thanks, the Kraken and Cthulhu hit something very small and dark and deep in the fear center of my brain... I mean I have a silver octopus necklace I wear all the time to remind me to face my fears but jesus.

Jolly Roger Bay in Super Mario 64? NO. WAY. That eel was freaking nightmare fuel.

I'm sorry that was so off topic. I don't normally post but I did out of sheer terror.

Kind of like how I wish more of the supernaturals made me feel. In TS3 I was 'reminded' that I was playing a kids game. I tried them out, smirked, never used them again. There was no thrill or power in them. TS2's weren't really scary either but at least it felt they took them more seriously? I dunno if that makes sense.

Edit: eskie, I don't have IP so was unaware that you were referencing something sims related. I just looked it up and saw the picture in the 'Kraken' thread in the IP section here at MTS and despite my irrational underwater animal phobia, I firmly believe that's one of the most legitimate scariest things I've ever seen, and it came from a Sims game. I wouldn't be able to enjoy diving in the game, because I would know that somewhere that thing is in the water. I know thats not how it works but hey, irrational. And I enjoy most really awful horror movies. Not awful like low quality but awful like seriously messed up.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#21 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by denkert
Uhm.
OP Posted their opinion. Taoyingyang replied with their opinion. I replied with my opinion.
I never said "If you don't agree, don't post" but wanted to express that saying "There's no reason to have this discussion yet" is not really necessary, and not really an opinion but rather a way of putting a stop to a discussion. Which I disagreed with.

You said: "The header for the threads says "Sims 4 DISCUSSION" so different opinions can be represented"

Exactly. Except mine?
No, you have a valid opinion. However, telling some to not bother to post because you feel they don't have anything to add came off as dismissive and rude. If you had said what you meant differently, perhaps your point may have been presented in a better light.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 7:46 AM
I'd agree about supernaturals being taken more seriously in sims2. They set the right tone for it there, now they can try and expand on it a bit with sims4 if they include such things. Seeing as ghosts where in sims3 from the start and aliens in sims2, I'd imagine there might be an inhuman lifestage in sims4 from the start as well.
Instructor
#23 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
1+1=2
2+2=4

Haven't you heard?
2 + 2 = 5.

"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality was tacitly denied by their philosophy."

Is it weird how I like to quote 1984 in the most random of places?
I feel it fits though.

ON TOPIC: As much as I'd love scarier Supes... we have a very fat chance of getting them. Knowing EA at the moment, you'd either have to unlock it via 666 hours of playing, sacrificing your first born sim and singing Katy Perry songs, butt naked, in a full moon - OR - you'd have to pay for them in store.
Personally, I think the first option is more likely.
#24 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject
Haven't you heard?
2 + 2 = 5.
Ah, I see. I apologise for that lie then.

Quote:
ON TOPIC: As much as I'd love scarier Supes... we have a very fat chance of getting them. Knowing EA at the moment, you'd either have to unlock it via 666 hours of playing, sacrificing your first born sim and singing Katy Perry songs, butt naked, in a full moon - OR - you'd have to pay for them in store.
Personally, I think the first option is more likely.
Haven't you heard? Katy Perry is out, the first Stuff Pack for Sims will be the Miley Cyrus Twerk 'n' Jerk Set. One of the objects that ships with it will be a giant glove which can be used to poke other Sims in the eye and causes an immediate emotional breakdown. That is as much intimidation as you will get.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Ah, I see. I apologise for that lie then.

Haven't you heard? Katy Perry is out, the first Stuff Pack for Sims will be the Miley Cyrus Twerk 'n' Jerk Set. One of the objects that ships with it will be a giant glove which can be used to poke other Sims in the eye and causes an immediate emotional breakdown. That is as much intimidation as you will get.

Eww...now I know it's time for bed. I am definitely nauseous right now.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2