Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 5:53 PM
I'm sure I have already said this before but I want better romantic social interactions, like in Sims 2. In Sims 3 they were watered down, heavily.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 5:56 PM
Better AI. If they have "Wants", that should be the first autonomous actions queued up for them to do by the AI. For example, if they've rolled a want to do gardening, they should go tend the garden instead of watching TV or reading a book.

Also awareness of the last couple of actions would help the AI as well. I had a sim in TS3 roll a want to order a pizza, so I had her order the pizza. As soon as I left her alone, she goes to cook a meal. WTF you cooking for, you just ordered yourself a damn pizza, moron!

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#28 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 6:03 PM
Oh, I just remembered something. Anyone remember the shortcut keys in the sims stories games? For those who don't, if you were bored or in a hurry, you just had to press a key and the sim would take care of a need on its own, like Y and it would take care of hygiene, H for hunger, R for energy, etc. No clicking on every single object all the time. Really useful for a big family. I wonder why they never bought that feature back.
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 6:11 PM
TS2 style pie menu. Notice how many social interactions got crammed under Friendly. I'd rather have it divided into Talk, Play, etc. and 'Talk about...' can have its own sub menu like 'Talk about hobby...' in TS2.
Test Subject
#30 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by litlegothcat13
Oh, I just remembered something. Anyone remember the shortcut keys in the sims stories games? For those who don't, if you were bored or in a hurry, you just had to press a key and the sim would take care of a need on its own, like Y and it would take care of hygiene, H for hunger, R for energy, etc. No clicking on every single object all the time. Really useful for a big family. I wonder why they never bought that feature back.

Clicking on moodlets can do that.
Instructor
#31 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 6:57 PM Last edited by litlegothcat13 : 4th Oct 2013 at 7:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by february
Clicking on moodlets can do that.

Oh, but then we still have to wait for something like the "very hungry" moodlet to appear right? Not quite the same as the shortcuts, which could make every need green in a few seconds of IRL time even if most of the needs were only mid-yellow. Also another thing I never noticed about TS3...mostly because I hate moodlets.

Still, nice to know. Makes me hope that some version of it will be in TS4, especially if it doesn't have moodlets. Maybe clicking the need bar? (man I want an UI pic so much.....)
Scholar
#32 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 7:40 PM
I want my sims to actually get/out in their vehicle(s) and drive them. Just do this for me EA. Okay?
Test Subject
#33 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 6:17 AM
What I want:
-Genetics like in The Sims 2
-Sim traits to be more noticeable. For example, sloppy Sims would make their surroundings dirty. Their environment score also wouldn't decrease from being in a messy area.
-Quick loading times/little or no lag.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 10:15 PM
I want more traits :/
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laantjuh90
Also, I'd like my Sims to join a club or something. For instance: Tennis practice every Thursday at 7 and Saturday at 11. And that they gain an exclusive skill while there, and chance cards, competition, blahblah, you can fill in the blanks I think. And for it to have an ACTUAL EFFECT on Sims' lives, like missing out on your uncle's wedding party because there's a big match coming up. Or something like that. In other words, for Sims to have an agenda that goes beyond 'school', 'work' and 'curfew'.

THIS!!! I want them to have more things! And I don't want to clubs to be RH I want to be able to see my sim at the gym playing tennis or what have you. Or be able to host a book club at my book worm sim's house. In the sims 3 their lives just get so boring after awhile.

Sims for for life! My opinion doesn't really matter but I like to share it anyways. :)
simblr
Alchemist
#36 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 11:26 PM
I want them to bring back the Sims 1 singing around the campfire with a guitar. I loved that.
Test Subject
#37 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 6:02 AM
The tilt-up and tilt-down buttons from TS3. They aren't in the UI pic.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/8a5bd7e1...y8kqo1_1280.jpg
Mad Poster
#38 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 8:05 PM
Being able to push a double bed next to a wall and still have it usable by two sims. SmartSims should be able to climb over the bed.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#39 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 8:10 PM
Careful - you'll have the sim pull the bed out his backside and teleport into it if you complain they're sometimes hard to get into.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#40 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Being able to push a double bed next to a wall and still have it usable by two sims. SmartSims should be able to climb over the bed.

ha ha ha... sorry, not you, but 'climb'? They can't even open a car door, and here we have them climbing over a bed. Mind boggles.
Test Subject
#41 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 12:37 AM
Actually all seasons but if not rain and weather getting colder sometimes at least.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Baby legs.

I hope we get arms along with the legs

Forum Resident
#43 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 9:51 AM
No more awfull standard desktop image of a heart with a couple of sims on it. Minor annoyance but annoying still whenever sims use a computer.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 11:07 AM
Hire a gardener again.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 1:28 PM
No more "telepathic" sims who know all of a sudden what exists in your sims' house and want to use it and stay outside your door for... ages stomping their feet and yelling for not being able to go inside!!! I mean, how creepy is that??? It ruins every sense of private property (sims do not seem to have it anyway!).
So, why bother build/buy houses when everything is so transparent that, for example, the kid who brings the paper knows what chair you have in your study, has the picture of it in the bubble over its head and every single day stays for ages outside your house and yells at the door??? Every full moon night 4-5 freaking zombies pop out outside my sims's house and want to play that arcade hoops game that exists in my sims' game room which is in the basement, stupid mail guy wants to have access to my pool at the back of the house (how does he know I have a pool??? It's in the back of the house and there is a baptisan high fence all around and an electronic gate!!!). Sometimes it gets so annoying I want to take the whole house down since it has no reason to exist in the lot!!! I even stopped buying that massage table (all of my sims loved it though!!!) when I realized it gave reasons to aliens (I simply hate aliens) to hit on my sims from OUTSIDE the fence and all of a sudden (coincidence??? I am not so sure!) the next night abductions occured!!!
I could write a whole book with stories like that but I am sure that you all know what I am talking about. I've noticed that other simmers are annoyed by that "telepathy" sims have but only when it comes to romantic reputations (I hate that stuff too, for me "cheating" exists only in steady relationships!) but I do not want "telepathic" sims in general. It gets so creepy...

Another "simple" thing I want (I've said it at other posts too) is an OPTION for things and situations that could take the game control out of my hands and prevent me of "playing God" in my games, like aliens, zombies, celebrities (I do not play celebrities any more and I love that I have the option to do so).

And last (but not least, lol!) I want a STABLE game!!! After installing University Life EP (or is it because of the last patch?) all my games have literally gone to hell! Without any obvious reason the game crashes anytime it chooses and I'm thrown to desktop!!! It has to be a SIMPLE thing to ask for a stable game after all that money we've spent on that game, isn't it???
Scholar
#46 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 1:57 PM Last edited by morphius1 : 7th Oct 2013 at 3:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by NormaJean
Hire a gardener again.

I want this, too.

Aaand grass that grows and needs cutting; shrubs/hedges that need trimming, etc.
Forum Resident
#47 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 5:25 PM
Kids to... well, actually exist. They were there in TS3 but they barely interacted with the world around them and couldn't really do much.

Come to think of it, have we even seen any kids or anything other than a young adult in these TS4 screens that we've been seeing so far?
Alchemist
#48 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido
Kids to... well, actually exist. They were there in TS3 but they barely interacted with the world around them and couldn't really do much.

Come to think of it, have we even seen any kids or anything other than a young adult in these TS4 screens that we've been seeing so far?

We haven't but I wouldn't read too much into that. Obviously young adults would have more interactions available than children.Since the play shown so far was to show how sims emotions affect the game, that's not really surprising.
Alchemist
#49 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido

Those are not kids.

They are changelings whose souls have been stolen by sinister pixies from the fairy realm while they were still trapped in legless burrito bodies. Nothing but empty shells with hollowed out eyes and a poor excuse for a human offspring. Do not be fooled.

They will creep into your bed and pour epsom salt into your nostrils while singing Cher songs over and over and over until you don't even recognize yourself anymore. How else do you explain the random stretching of limbs every now and then?
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 7:32 PM
Let sims be able to step over or around things! I remember once someone posted a pic where their sim couldn't get out of bed because a feather was blocking the way.
Page 2 of 29